NM Cafe at Neiman Marcus - Northpark
8687 North Central Expressway
Northpark Mall - Suite 400
Dallas, TX 75225Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
NM Cafe at Neiman Marcus - Northpark
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/stores/store.jsp?storeId=02/NP
- Phone: 2148911210
- Hours of Operation:
Monday -Saturday 11am to 3pm, Closed Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jenny Hajduk
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from NM Cafe at Neiman Marcus - Northpark
Laid-back luxe. Delight in our upscale-casual cuisine served in a chic and modern atmosphere. From sumptuous sandwiches to seasonally-inspired entrées. Expect delectable dishes and the exceptional service that continue to be a tradition at Neiman Marcus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
NM Cafe at Neiman Marcus - Northpark - Best Restaurants in North Dallas ›
NM Cafe at Neiman Marcus - Northpark reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (19)special occasion (11)great for brunch (7)neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (3)romantic (2)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Lunch with daughterMsbtxVIPDined on 8/25/2014My daughter and I had a nice lunch together on the first day of her children's schoolyear. The customary demitasse cup of hot chicken bouillon and popover with strawberry butter always make a good beginning. My grilled shrimp salad had four huge shrimp, slices of avocado, etc. on crisp greens with the dressing on the side. Perfect! The Neiman Marcus dining rooms always have good food and service in nice surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- classy and elegantBilly525VIPDined on 8/14/2014I have never been disappointed when dining at the NM Café, and today was no different. We had the Chicken Milanese w/ couscous and it was delicious. Management and servers were attentive and so very kind; not just to us, but to everyone. Run, don't walk, to NM Café as soon as possible. You will not be disappointed!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeeDeeDined on 8/12/2014Love the food, the friendly staff and the atmosphere is perfect!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Excellent, attentive service! Food was very good. Great place for lunch.Special Features:
- Ladies LunchingBurgerVIPDined on 7/4/2014Always a place to see the ladies lunching. Perfect for a business meeting.Special Features:
- Sisters Birthday LunchLizzyDined on 6/28/2014The popovers are so yummy! Can't wait for my birthday so that my sisters and I can celebrate at NM Cafe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch SpottrainerstarDined on 6/26/2014This is the perfect culinary respite from a full morning of shopping! The menu changes seasonally, the servers are polite and efficient, and the fresh blooms on each table always delights. NM Cafe is at the top of my list for excellent "lunch with friends" spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch and shoppingHauteCuisineVIPDined on 6/21/2014This is a great option when shopping at Neiman Marcus. The food is great and the service is gracious. I highly recomend this restaurant.Special Features:
- perfection!Billy525VIPDined on 6/17/2014How many accolades can I give this wonderful restaurant? The food is always delicious. The service is always exemplary. The end result is always the same: we loved it!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popovers were fabulous!BelbasnotesVIPDined on 6/17/2014Took my aging handicapped mother to lunch. Staff very accommodating and attentive. Loved the extra touches with popovers, broth... Service was good...nice lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZodiacDined on 6/5/2014I was a little disappointed. A fairly long wait for menus and our orders. We had to ask three times for sweetener for the tea. My salad came without any dressing so I used some of my companions' dressing. Would have to think a while before coming back here considering your price--Little Mermaid has better service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/2/2014Delicious food--lovely service. In short, a Neiman-Marcus experience!Special Features:
- NM LunchBeeGeeDined on 5/26/2014Great place for lunch with the girls, then shopping in NM & NorthPark Mall afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful, wonderfulBilly525VIPDined on 5/23/2014What a lovely lunch we had today at NM Café. Service was outstanding. Food is always lovely. However, today we tried the Spring Vegetable soup, and we both commented that it was probably the best soup we had ever had. Well done. We'll be back for the soup, if you'll please keep it on the menu!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good overallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/13/2014Service wasn't bad until it got busy, then suffered rather a lot right at the end of our lunch. Took 10 minutes to flag down our waitress for the ticket and another 5 for her to pick up the payment. Food was outstanding, desert was fantastic. It appeared the restaurant Manager could have easily helped out wait-staff seeing how crowded it was but he just stood around looking important when it got the busiest (most crowded). Also, one group (20 women) was very noisy, making it almost impossible to hear our waitress talk to us and ruining atmosphere of a good cafe until they received their order. A group that large strung out table-end-to-end should have been in a separate room.Special Features:
- TexasDined on 5/10/2014It was fabulous! Great place, wonderful service.Special Features:
- always lovelyBilly525VIPDined on 5/7/2014Today's lunch was no different than the hundreds of other lunches we have had at the wonderful NM Cafe: excellent! Food is always top-notch. Service is always warm and sincerely friendly. You simply cannot go wrong.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 23 reviews are from the NM Cafe at Neiman Marcus - Northpark reviews archive.
- NM is still the Zodiac RoommaggieDined on 4/29/2014Wanted to take a friend for a quiet, relaxing lunch for her birthday and this was perfect. Wait staff could have not been nicer and the POPOVERS here are so good. Had a booth in the corner and she was very pleased with the entire meal.Special Features:
- always delightfulBilly525VIPDined on 4/10/2014It's a wonderful restaurant, indeed, when you order a tuna sandwich w chips, and you end the meal by stating that it was absolutely delicious! You simply can't go wrong with Neiman Marcus at Northpark.I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb!Billy525VIPDined on 3/27/2014Beyond the wonderful food, friendly and efficient service, and classy ambiance, let me tell you what NM Café has to offer its patrons: today, I laid my wallet/checkbook on an empty chair at the table and forgot to pick it up as we were leaving. We had already walked out of the restaurant and about to descend to the second floor (via an escalator) when our wonderful hostess/manager came RUNNING to us with my wallet in her hand. My problem became HER problem, and she was determined to correct the problem as quickly as possible. It is this type of outstanding service that we have received, time and time again, that ensures we will forever be faithful patrons of this fine dining establishment! Thanks, NM Café!I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful, as always!Billy525VIPDined on 3/14/2014What a treat that the Neiman Marcus from my childhood is still thriving today! The minute you walk up to the restaurant, you are treated like royalty by management. The food is superb. Service is outstanding and friendly. How nice to have the assurance that you will receive a wonderful meal in a clean, friendly environment EVERY TIME you dine somewhere. KUDOS, NM Café!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dining experience!OutstandingDined on 3/14/2014NM Cafe is perfect for ladies looking for a special dining experience with friends and is a great place for celebrations such as anniversaries, birthdays, or showers. Guys, this is a great place to take your wife, mom, grandmother, etc.....they will feel pampered and wil love it!Special Features:
- simply can't go wrongBilly525VIPDined on 1/30/2014Neiman Marcus is a Dallas tradition of quality and outstanding customer service. The NM Café at Northpark mall is no exception. From management to the wait staff to the hostess, one is treated like royalty from the minute they arrive. The food was wonderful, too, but you'll return for the outstanding service! Well done.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, Then DisappointingRonnieDined on 1/2/2014The woman serving our table greeted us as soon as we were seated with a lovely cup of chicken broth, complemented by a tiny, tasty biscuit. Then my guest and I celebrated the occasion with a wonderfully flavored cocktail. All lovely, so far. We then received the delicious warm popper rolls that are "signature" with lunch at Neiman's. Disappointment came when the salad arrived; instead of freshly baked turkey there were cubes of what looked like canned meat.Special Features:
- Great way start shoppiingJRBODined on 12/23/2013Very nice little cafe with excellent lite lunch selections, The soups were very good as well and so were the bloody mary's! One interesting note-when we called the cafe directly they told us they were booked, but when we tried open table we got a table at our desired time!Special Features:
- 5-star service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/21/2013Very accommodating, even when half of our party did not show. Outstanding food, of course!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations are a must atOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/18/2013Reservations are a must at NM Cafe, especially at Christmas. We were celebrating my friend's birthday and orginally wanted to go to the Zodiac Room in downtown Dallas, but they were unable to accommodate us. Our server was very nice and took good care of us. She noticed right away I had a gift and asked if it was a birthday celebration. The menu had many selections . We ordered two glasses of champagne, which arrived warm. My friend said she would expect Neimen's to serve ice cold champagne. That was a turn off for me as well. The popovers and broth were excellent. After our meal our server brought out a wonderful and generous meringue slice with a lighted candle. I really appreciated that and so did the birthday girl.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas lunch....................OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/14/2013I took my granddaughter for lunch! She is only 4 and we had an outstanding time and outstanding service! she enjoyed the little tea cup with broth and the popovers with strawberry butter!!!Special Features:
- New Name Disappointing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/13/2013Realizing that the Zodiac is now the NM Café, I still have to compare since I'm an old NM customer. I appreciate newness and freshness and know that things change. But what was most disappointing was paying $82 for a very marginal meal. My sister and her daughter joined me on Friday the 13th for lunch. The primary issue was the food. Monkey bread was cold and hard, coffee old and lukewarm, side salad on my order had little or no dressing, same case for my sister's meal. Crab salad was tasteless. Crab sliders were passable.The only bright spot was the coconut pie. Our waiter was earnest and pleasant, but seemed overrun with duties. I think we expected at least a Zodiac experience that was nowhere to be found.
- Girlie DayGirliesDined on 12/10/2013We have enjoyed the Mermaid Cafe for decades. The dining room fell way short of expectations with inattentive service.Special Features:
- noisychrisDined on 12/3/2013We found it very noisy - could hardly hear each other talk. Our service was excellent - however when the checks arrived for the 6 of us (separate checks) the gratuity was already added. My fault I didn't notice - so I added another tip (a good one) and she didn't say anything. I realize it was my fault for not noticing, but left me with a feeling I didn't like. Learned a lesson here. Everyone liked their food.
- Always Good!vbreaux21Dined on 11/26/2013Very consistent in food, service, etc.......always good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful lunchBilly525VIPDined on 11/8/2013(A little disclaimer: this is the SECOND review I've written for this luncheon. Opentable needs to get this corrected, as this is not the first time it's happened. VERY frustrating!). The lunch at NM Café was perfect in every way for a party of six. The food was outstanding; service was impeccable; and we were treated like members of the family from beginning to end. Don't hesitate to lunch here during holiday shopping. You won't be disappointed!I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/5/2013I meet my parents at the NM Cafe about 3-4 Saturdays a month and we love it! We sit in a booth and can hear each other when we speak. The service is personal and warm and the food is consistently delicious. We can visit without rushing and feel special while we are there. I highly recommend this Neimans restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- former zodiak dinerRubenDined on 9/21/2013I am glad they accept all major cards now. Thats nice, menu was adequate. But it took for ever to get served. They were in "In the weeds"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favorite lunch placelunchDined on 9/19/2013I love the quiet relaxing atmosphere of this restaurant. We all agreed the salmon entre delicious. Waiters attentive but will not rush you. Special occasions should be celebrated her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice lunchBilly525VIPDined on 9/18/2013Good food, good service, and a nice atmosphere. The most wonderful thing about today's lunch was the outstanding and friendly customer service we received from the managers present. They always do such a great job at making us feel like we are "home."I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful lunch!Billy525VIPDined on 8/12/2013Having eaten lunch at Neiman Marcus - Northpark for over 40 years, I am accustomed to the first-class quality, service, and food that we found today at the restaurant. Having said that, I will never take it for granted. A charming lunch from start to finish. The managers greet you at the front like you're one of the family. Our server, Hector, was friendly, well-versed on the menu, and gave us ideal customer service. Highly recommended!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The meal I got was not asGreenDined on 8/9/2013The meal I got was not as good as I expected but the service was excellent. I had a ciabatta turkey melt sandwich and it was dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing good about itOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/3/2013Actually, there was a good soup of the day, but that was it. The food was mediocre at best, the server's honest attempt fell flat, and nothing can get me over the fact that you are eating in a small area right by the sale items of a department store. The decor looked like that of a holiday inn express.