Nizza - NYC
630 9th Avenue
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Nizza - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nizzanyc.com/
- Phone: 2129561800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Andy D'Amico
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Nizza - NYC
Nizza is a casual Italian restaurant located in the heart of Hell's Kitchen. Chef Andy D'Amico uses the cuisine of the Italian Riviera as a starting point for his exploration of Italy. Our house speciality is our "Socca." Socca is a chick pea crepe baked in our brick oven, traditional to the French city of Nice. Our menu has a wonderful selection of antipasti, salads, soups, pizza, pasta and entrees. We were higlighted in 2008 "Cheap Eats" issues by Time Out New York and New York Magazine. As well as Time Out New York's Top 100 food items of 2008.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nizza - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (95)great for lunch (55)great for outdoor dining (48)fit for foodies (38)late-night find (26)great for brunch (24)good for groups (19)notable wine list (18)romantic (17)vibrant bar scene (16)kid-friendly (13)hot spot (11)special occasion (11)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/24/2014I've eaten here numerous times and always have a very good time. Staff is friendly, food is good and you never feel rushed. There's a decent list of wine to choose from. The pizzas are delicious and very filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, really good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014I've been here several times.The food is always delicious and nicely presented. On this last visit, I noticed the socca had become more authentic tasting than before - much closer to the taste on the cote d'Azur than it had been here. Also glad their brand of pastis is Ricard. The service is very friendly and efficient, making for a relaxed evening. The ambiance is pleasant. Only suggestion: the loud music is unnecessary, and at times unpleasant. The restaurant is quite popular and just the sound of voices is a constant high volume. The music can go from background to distraction very quickly. I will return again, because it does have that nice Italian/French influence that you find in Nice, and they do it well.Special Features:
- Took a friend for lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Haven't been for dinner. The menu was perfect for lunch. You could have an entree, sandwich (panini), salad or pizza. The menu accomodated a wide variety of tastes. The portions were perfect for lunch. Not so much food that your falling asleep at your desk afterwords. But enough to satisfy. The food was excellent. The pasta with pesto cream sauce had just the right amount of sauce to give the pasta the pesto taste, without being too much. Also, since I have a bad habit of wearing sauces, I appreciate the moderation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food & a gluten free menuDivaBVIPDined on 10/22/2014Great! Delicious! Cannot wait to return! The gnocchi was fantastic, so was the socca and the eggplant appetizer. I had the Pera martini! So goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Upon first entering the restaurant our party was immediately welcomed with a warm greeting. It didn't end there. The wait staff was very attentive. The food was truly outstanding!Special Features:
- Our choice for pre-show dinnerJeffersDined on 10/18/2014You can't go wrong here; it's entirely designed to get you in and out before your show, with a wide range of italian options, all tasty and reasonably priced, and a good wine list including by-the-glass options. Service consistently high, too. Just be sure to reserve early as it fills up quickly.Special Features:
- Post Theatre FavOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/20143rd time dining experience at Nizza after a show. Love the Cesar salad and pesto pasta!Special Features:
- We came because of the nameDinaMNDined on 10/18/2014Stayed because the food was wonderful! Since we share the same name as the restaurant, many friends have asked if we've ever been there. We had matinee tickets and though it would be a great place to try Saturday brunch. The service was wonderful, attentive but not overly so. The food list was so different from other Italian restaurants that I really wanted to try everything on the menu. Our food came promptly, fresh and hot. I had the socca and eggs and hubby had the salsicce e uova piccanti and we were both more than satisfied with the portions and the taste. Now I cannot wait to return to try their other dishes. My only hope is we can get a "family discount"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good timeGingerbearDined on 10/17/2014bad experience with the slow service and ineffectual servers, soggy socca. not sure I was glutenized but it certainly felt like it a few hours later
- My favorite go to restaurant.rivaDined on 10/16/2014I have been going to Nizza for casual dinners for almost three years now and it has always been a joy. I love the simple menu and all of the items on the menu are delicious. I love Nizza for date nights with my boyfriend or just a casual dinner with friends. The location is great too and the atmosphere is lovely. The staff is very friendly and always ready to give advice. I enjoy Nizza overall and I'm definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable and easy.GibsonDined on 10/12/2014The staff was ftriendly and the food was delicious, but it was the Bloody Marys that were spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for after a showOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Great location and service- thoroughly enjoyed my meal there after seeing a show on Broadway!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceBillyfromPhillyDined on 10/11/2014Excellent food and service. The restaurants tables are very close together and the noise level is high. Order the socca, it is out of this world good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKFoodieVIPDined on 10/10/2014Food was good, and tasty. Service was good. Reservation was ready when we arrived. Good for pretheatre.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too good to waste on touristsPslopianDined on 10/9/2014Our go-to pre-theater place. Always crowded at that hour, but they get the food out, and it's reliably good to very good. Service is professional and competent. A separate gluten-free menu with a terrific selection of soccas (pizza-like pancakes made with chickpea flour) that are worth trying even if you are gluten tolerant.Special Features:
- Lovely brunch spotKbeckDined on 10/5/2014This restaurant was perfect for an early brunch (11:00-1:30ish) It wasn't very crowded, service was great and the food was distinct and delicious. Not the usual brunch fare but really good. I would definitely go there again. One word of warning. No alcohol before noon (but I guess that's city/state wide) so hold off on that bloody mary until after noon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time Visitors To NYCtabasco5Dined on 10/4/2014Nizza's was a great place to eat prior to the theater. Our waiter was fantastic and the food delicious! Highly recommend and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Intimate Setting. Great Food.LLAZDined on 10/4/2014Small neighborhood restaurant with some outdoor seating. The ambiance was very nice, service was good and the food was great. It was a very casual atmosphere, with many people ordering the specialty pizzas. Great for before or after a show. My friend and I split a salad (more than enough for both of us), and had the Lamb Panzanella and the Veal Involtini, which were both outstanding. The only reason I gave 4 instead of 5 stars is because they wanted to charge us for the refills on the coffee. They make the coffee with the espresso machine (the coffee was very good), but would have charged us another $3 for a refill. Our dinner with 1 drink each was $86 (before tip), so I would have liked a refill on my coffee. But would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot, Great FoodUngiornoDined on 10/3/2014Pros: Good service, great food, extensive wine list, nice decor/lighting, reasonably priced, lively atmosphere. Cons: Tables a little cramped. Food: The complimentary bread comes with olive oil and ricotta cheese, very nice. Had the fried ravioli appetizer--big hit with both of us. My boyfriend had the classic Spaghetti & Meatballs, he cleaned the plate. I had a Caesar Salad, the croutons were awesome and the dressing was perfect--not that store-bought white creamy stuff, the real deal traditional Caesar dressing. We also split a Margharita Pizza, it was very good but a little on the bland side. Still enjoyable, though. Wine: BF had the House Red @ $8/glass, I had the Chianti @ $10/glass. House Red was meh, Chianti was DELICIOUS.Special Features:
- Gluten Free and great serviceanneVIPDined on 9/30/2014Service was great. The staff was quick, helpful, and I never had to ask for my water glass to be filled. They have a gluten free menu that is outstanding and a great variety. They even make their own gluten free bread that is brought out before the meal arrives. The only reason I did not give 5 stars is because the pizza I ordered was extremely spicy. I can handle spice but this was a lot and I had to ask for olive oil and ricotta to try to mellow the kick. I wish the staff had warned me before I ordered it on how spicy it was.Special Features:
- So Tasty and WelcomingtransparentDined on 9/24/2014The staff at this restaurant are notably warm, cordial and helpful, from hostess, to waitress, to the server who clears the table. Our dinner was truly delicious. I had a soup appetizer of lentil soup and it was definitely the best i've ever had -- not overcooked, not mushy as does happen with lentils; onions and carrots diced small, yet still al dente in the soup. I followed with the shrimp scampi appetizer size. It had just the right balance of garlic. My friend ordered the grilled salmon and loved every bite. We're not the only ones who have discovered Nizza pre-theater, so it gets full and a little loud. Altogether, i strongly recommend Nizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodCousinsDined on 9/21/2014Good food and fabulous wine. Nice service. The Socca, which is like a hummus pie served warm is really good. Great place for before or after theater. Not touristy!!Special Features:
- Great Gluten Free Options!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014Had an amazing meal! Great service, and great gluten free menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NizzaMarilyntDined on 9/19/2014Love this restaurant. They have a wonderful gluten-free menu and excellent wine. The service is always spot-on. Wait servers are knowledgeable and friendly... a good combination.Special Features:
- Great specialsJosephVIPDined on 9/17/2014The specials were delicious and not over priced like other restaurants
- Excellent Pre-Post TheaterDrBenelliDined on 9/17/2014Best for City People (NYC) looking for a non-touristy place for dinner before or after the theater. The food is excellent, the service first rate, the prices reasonable. They have a round table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceDanTheBritDined on 9/13/2014Nizza is a busy, buzzy place, with lots of kids there the night we had dinner, adding to the generally impressive noise level. Tables are close together and it feels a bit cramped. But who cares? Our server could not have been more helpful, friendly and welcoming. The food was excellent, with crispy octopus, sweet Italian sausage pizza and a cheese and fruit plate as highlights. Great espresso too. Love to go to this place and will return asap.Special Features:
- quite tastyBigdaddyDined on 9/10/2014Very fresh and flavorful-socca, good bronzino, linguini with clam sauce. Portions on the smaller side but very good.Special Features:
- Excellent service & foodIentjeDined on 9/4/2014As I have food allergies (peanut, soy, certain types of nuts and buckwheat flour) I emailed this restaurant in advance to check if I could lunch/dine. I received a reply from the general manager within 2 days that it would be possible. I made the reservation and when I arrived they took good care of me; the waiter doublechecked everything, the service is just excellent and so is the food. The general manager even sent an email a day later. We came back a couple of days later for lunch; again all was excellent. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DDDDDined on 9/3/2014Convenient for theater patrons. Personable staff. Good menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant Trattoria near BroadwayOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/31/2014We were looking for a good Italian restaurant for a late dinner after a Broadway show, and Nizza fit the bill perfectly. They have a fine range of regional Italian wines, and excellent pizzas. I tried the first baked gnocchi dish I have ever had, and it was delicious. Also, their service is gracious and attentive. We will definitely return to Nizza the next time we go to Broadway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GLUTEN FRIENDLY!!weezer531Dined on 8/31/2014We chose Nizza because my sister has severe gluten intolerance. Not only is the menu varied and interesting with reasonable prices, but they offer a really good gluten free menu. The restaurant is part of the Gluten Awareness Program so they strictly adhere to the guidelines and my sister didn't have to worry about what she was eating. In addition, we had a very knowledgable waitress who was also gluten free and gave us incredible service. This is our second time at Nizza and everyone enjoyed it AGAIN!Special Features:
- loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014the gnocchi was Out Of Control! Our friend is Gluten Free and there was an amazing selection for him as well.
- Nizza RulesAndyKobeDined on 8/29/2014Have been eating at this restaurant for years and it's alwYs a treat.Special Features:
- Pizza is outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Went and tried two different pizzas, the magnetite and the quatro formagio. The pizza is SO flavourful and deliciously cooked!Special Features:
- BoopsterVIPDined on 8/28/2014Wow-talk about noisy. Probably should have eaten outside where you only had to listen to the car horns. Unfortunately will not be returning.Special Features:
- Great NYC bistroJdsmithKYDined on 8/27/2014If you are looking for a NYC resturant with a local feel...this is it. It's located on the heart of Hell's Kitchen. I have eaten here my last 6 trips to NYC. I LOVE IT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a real findAmyJDined on 8/26/2014We chose the restaurant for a friend who is on a gluten-free diet. Her meal and the rest of ours was great. We were still talking about the food when we got back to our office.Special Features:
- Creative lunch menuTravelgalDined on 8/23/2014I've eaten at Nizza on several occasions in the past but always for diner. My husband likes to go there because they have a gluten free menu available. This time, we went at lunch time. I was pleasantly suprised to see that their lunch menu was not simply a less expensive version of their dinner menu with smaller portions and lower prices. They actually have a completely separate array of food for lunch, as well as a brunch menu with different food as well. I enjoyed a delicious personal pizza made with artichokes and goat cheese. The crust was warm, fresh and chewy. I would definitely go there for lunch again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A RegularDocsfavoriteDined on 8/19/2014Nizza's is one of our favorite Midtown restaurants. Like most places, the service and food quality is better Thursday through Saturday. Our last visit was a Tuesday evening after a show. The service was friendly yet uneven. The wait staff was not as professional. The serving pathway traffic was cluttered (servers other than ours asked patrons to move in so they could pass; seemed curt in tone when asking for a consideration.) The salmon entry had much too much broccoli and could use something else to complement the fish. Mondays and Tuesdays are not usually the "A" team for service or staff. Simply put: The late night experience was acceptable yet not as noteworthy as we have come to expect of Nizza's.Special Features: