Nizza - NYC
630 9th Avenue
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Nizza - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nizzanyc.com/
- Phone: 2129561800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Andy D'Amico
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Nizza - NYC
Nizza is a casual Italian restaurant located in the heart of Hell's Kitchen. Chef Andy D'Amico uses the cuisine of the Italian Riviera as a starting point for his exploration of Italy. Our house speciality is our "Socca." Socca is a chick pea crepe baked in our brick oven, traditional to the French city of Nice. Our menu has a wonderful selection of antipasti, salads, soups, pizza, pasta and entrees. We were higlighted in 2008 "Cheap Eats" issues by Time Out New York and New York Magazine. As well as Time Out New York's Top 100 food items of 2008.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nizza - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (88)great for outdoor dining (61)great for lunch (55)fit for foodies (38)great for brunch (26)late-night find (26)romantic (19)good for groups (18)kid-friendly (18)vibrant bar scene (15)notable wine list (14)hot spot (13)special occasion (13)scenic view (3)Show More
- NizzaMarilyntDined on 9/19/2014Love this restaurant. They have a wonderful gluten-free menu and excellent wine. The service is always spot-on. Wait servers are knowledgeable and friendly... a good combination.Special Features:
- Great specialsJosephVIPDined on 9/17/2014The specials were delicious and not over priced like other restaurants
- Excellent Pre-Post TheaterDrBenelliDined on 9/17/2014Best for City People (NYC) looking for a non-touristy place for dinner before or after the theater. The food is excellent, the service first rate, the prices reasonable. They have a round table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceDanTheBritDined on 9/13/2014Nizza is a busy, buzzy place, with lots of kids there the night we had dinner, adding to the generally impressive noise level. Tables are close together and it feels a bit cramped. But who cares? Our server could not have been more helpful, friendly and welcoming. The food was excellent, with crispy octopus, sweet Italian sausage pizza and a cheese and fruit plate as highlights. Great espresso too. Love to go to this place and will return asap.Special Features:
- quite tastyBigdaddyDined on 9/10/2014Very fresh and flavorful-socca, good bronzino, linguini with clam sauce. Portions on the smaller side but very good.Special Features:
- Excellent service & foodIentjeDined on 9/4/2014As I have food allergies (peanut, soy, certain types of nuts and buckwheat flour) I emailed this restaurant in advance to check if I could lunch/dine. I received a reply from the general manager within 2 days that it would be possible. I made the reservation and when I arrived they took good care of me; the waiter doublechecked everything, the service is just excellent and so is the food. The general manager even sent an email a day later. We came back a couple of days later for lunch; again all was excellent. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DDDDDined on 9/3/2014Convenient for theater patrons. Personable staff. Good menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant Trattoria near BroadwayOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/31/2014We were looking for a good Italian restaurant for a late dinner after a Broadway show, and Nizza fit the bill perfectly. They have a fine range of regional Italian wines, and excellent pizzas. I tried the first baked gnocchi dish I have ever had, and it was delicious. Also, their service is gracious and attentive. We will definitely return to Nizza the next time we go to Broadway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GLUTEN FRIENDLY!!weezer531Dined on 8/31/2014We chose Nizza because my sister has severe gluten intolerance. Not only is the menu varied and interesting with reasonable prices, but they offer a really good gluten free menu. The restaurant is part of the Gluten Awareness Program so they strictly adhere to the guidelines and my sister didn't have to worry about what she was eating. In addition, we had a very knowledgable waitress who was also gluten free and gave us incredible service. This is our second time at Nizza and everyone enjoyed it AGAIN!Special Features:
- loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014the gnocchi was Out Of Control! Our friend is Gluten Free and there was an amazing selection for him as well.
- Nizza RulesAndyKobeDined on 8/29/2014Have been eating at this restaurant for years and it's alwYs a treat.Special Features:
- Pizza is outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Went and tried two different pizzas, the magnetite and the quatro formagio. The pizza is SO flavourful and deliciously cooked!Special Features:
- BoopsterVIPDined on 8/28/2014Wow-talk about noisy. Probably should have eaten outside where you only had to listen to the car horns. Unfortunately will not be returning.Special Features:
- Great NYC bistroJdsmithKYDined on 8/27/2014If you are looking for a NYC resturant with a local feel...this is it. It's located on the heart of Hell's Kitchen. I have eaten here my last 6 trips to NYC. I LOVE IT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a real findAmyJDined on 8/26/2014We chose the restaurant for a friend who is on a gluten-free diet. Her meal and the rest of ours was great. We were still talking about the food when we got back to our office.Special Features:
- Creative lunch menuTravelgalDined on 8/23/2014I've eaten at Nizza on several occasions in the past but always for diner. My husband likes to go there because they have a gluten free menu available. This time, we went at lunch time. I was pleasantly suprised to see that their lunch menu was not simply a less expensive version of their dinner menu with smaller portions and lower prices. They actually have a completely separate array of food for lunch, as well as a brunch menu with different food as well. I enjoyed a delicious personal pizza made with artichokes and goat cheese. The crust was warm, fresh and chewy. I would definitely go there for lunch again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A RegularDocsfavoriteDined on 8/19/2014Nizza's is one of our favorite Midtown restaurants. Like most places, the service and food quality is better Thursday through Saturday. Our last visit was a Tuesday evening after a show. The service was friendly yet uneven. The wait staff was not as professional. The serving pathway traffic was cluttered (servers other than ours asked patrons to move in so they could pass; seemed curt in tone when asking for a consideration.) The salmon entry had much too much broccoli and could use something else to complement the fish. Mondays and Tuesdays are not usually the "A" team for service or staff. Simply put: The late night experience was acceptable yet not as noteworthy as we have come to expect of Nizza's.Special Features:
- Great pre-theater spotCc1991Dined on 8/19/2014Delicious, fresh food and pleasurable service at this Hell's Kitchen eatery. Highly recommended for pre-theater dining. Best Caesar salad I've had in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gluten free menuCanadianGirlsDined on 8/17/2014Socca was very tasty and crisp with a tender center. Veal was perfect, greens lightly cooked. Salad very fresh. Timely friendly service. Allergy friendly. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place to besnelDined on 8/16/2014If you love sitting by a busy street in Hell's Kitchen then Nizza is the place for you! Great food, great wine and lively street scene makes for quintessential New York experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ok this time.BeeBeeDined on 8/16/2014I have been to Nizza several times because of their extensive gluten free menu. It was not as good this time around. Lettuce was wilted and chicken was a bit dry. The gf gnocci was still fabulous though!Special Features:
- Deliciously gluten free!KrishgfDined on 8/15/2014Delicious gluten free Italian food and even homemade bread. Service was great and we even thought of going back the following night during our 4 day vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatcriticDined on 8/10/2014We ate here before the theater; the location was good for us. The menu was enticing, but the food was only mediocre. They seem to use a lot of cheese and other fat to make up what they are missing in spicing and delicacy. The bean salad would have been good had the beans been clipped and were the dressing less oily and more tasty. The pizza was okay. Our other dishes were too rich and not flavorful enough. I did not have wine or dessert. I chose a booth, hoping it would be less noisy than the rest of the place. Maybe it was, but we still had trouble hearing each other. To call the noise level "energetic" makes it sound more comfortable than it was. The service was good, though.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/9/2014Always the best, we've been coming every week or close to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nizza Midtown WestRJRoma3000Dined on 8/7/2014This restaurant is a good place for very reasonably priced standard Italian food. We usually go if we have friends visiting the city who are on a budget and want to dine before seeing a Broaway show. They are able to get the trendy feel and atmosphere of a more pricey Manhattan restaurant without the astronomical bill. The pizza and pastas are always a safe bet. The appetizers are pretty decent size servings and tasty. Again this is a great place to go before an 8:00 show or even after the show for a pizza and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab service for allergy suffererCanaryDined on 8/7/2014This is my second visit to Nizza and I can't tell you what a wonderful experience it is for someone like me who has various food sensitivities. The server couldn't have been more gracious about accommodating my needs. She was extremely knowledgeable about ingredients and knew what to recommend. The kitchen staff prepared a beautiful, tasty (and most important--safe) meal for me. My dining companion has no food allergies and she loved her meal as well. Thank you Nizza! I'll definitely be back next time I'm in NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchluv2dineforlunchDined on 8/4/2014This was our favorite restaurant of the year! Great food, atmosphere, and reasonably priced for lunch; and extremely good with food allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteLB416Dined on 8/4/2014A favorite spot for our ladies' lunch! We shared socca (melt in your mouth yummy) and both had chickpea/farro/basil soup and turkey/cheese/carmelized onion sandwich. Both delicious and great amount for lunch. The staff never rushes us and they are always friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GolfisfunDined on 8/3/2014The food and service were both good. The tables are a bit tight, but relatively comfortable. The only problem we experienced was a bit of dripping water from the awning. Overall, we enjoyed our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Midtown / West Side OptionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014Nizza is a small place among a lot of options on 9th Ave. Enjoyable food, attentive staff. Outside tables, and on the day we were there, the glass doors were open so that the entire restaurant was able to enjoy the good weather.Special Features:
- Great wait staff, delicious food!LMilesDined on 7/30/2014We were dining with someone who is on a gluten-free, dairy-free diet and the wait staff was really great about letting us know they had our back. The service was timely and not intrusive. The food was delicious and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- uneven experiencemerriamDined on 7/29/2014When I arrived around 5:45 on a Tuesday, the place was packed and very loud, with lots of kids, which I'd never seen here before. Although I'd requested a quieter table in reservation comments section, I was directed to one inches away from a four-top with five seated at it, including three children. I explained my initial request and was led to something more isolated. Waitress was pleasant but distracted and forgot an item; entire staff seemed overwhelmed. My food was very good; my companion was disappointed in hers. In no hurry to return here.
- Amazing find!AmyCVIPDined on 7/26/2014We are new to the city and have been to dinner in Chelsea many times so we decided to venture out. Our meal at Nizza was better and half the price of the downtown restaurants. Service was great. Food was fantastic! We will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Wine PricesNYorkDined on 7/25/2014I found this restaurant through a review in Wine Spectator, which had said the wine prices were "inexpensive". Not true, the prices here are about the some as club 21. Nevertheless, a very good restaurant which I would recommend.Special Features:
- Alternative to Theater DinningLIFoodGuy15232Dined on 7/25/2014I little further from the typical theater dinning but Nizza is worth the extra walk. Simple food well prepared and all fresh ingredients, all at a good price. Best espresso in the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free heavenGlutenfree33VIPDined on 7/24/2014They have an entire gluten free menu/ I loved my socca bread funghi pizza - they were happy to make substitutions for my 16 yr old niece when we came after seeing a showSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUSIEMACSUSIEVIPDined on 7/22/2014I will say the food was very good, it was our first time there and we will be back. The only negative was the noise level, it was so loud we could not even hear ourselves talk. You are not rushed but you can be in and out quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten freeSupperThymeDined on 7/22/2014Food (gluten free or not) was excellent. Normal size portions which were just perfect. What a treat to have gluten free bread delivered to the table pre meal! Great for a pre show meal as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my -go-to placesDavidAdelmanDined on 7/21/2014Nizza is a great place for gluten free diners--and everyone else too. The chick pea crust pizzas are awesome and VERY filling. Service is always good and it's perfect for pre-theater.Special Features:
- great find for Sunday dinnerhopper1008Dined on 7/20/2014Located in busy area of Hell's kitchen, the restaurant offers a great variety of italian cuisine dishes. Could be packed and long waiting time is not unheard of, but definitely worth it to wait a little. Warm chocolate cake with some ice-cream on top was a great addition to the meal.Special Features: