Nizza - NYC
630 9th Avenue
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Nizza - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nizzanyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 956-1800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Andy D'Amico
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Nizza - NYC
Nizza is a casual Italian restaurant located in the heart of Hell's Kitchen. Chef Andy D'Amico uses the cuisine of the Italian Riviera as a starting point for his exploration of Italy. Our house speciality is our "Socca." Socca is a chick pea crepe baked in our brick oven, traditional to the French city of Nice. Our menu has a wonderful selection of antipasti, salads, soups, pizza, pasta and entrees. We were higlighted in 2008 "Cheap Eats" issues by Time Out New York and New York Magazine. As well as Time Out New York's Top 100 food items of 2008.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nizza - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (89)great for lunch (50)fit for foodies (46)great for outdoor dining (41)great for brunch (23)notable wine list (23)romantic (22)late-night find (21)special occasion (17)good for groups (16)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (15)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (1)Show More
- CrowdsourcedGetawayDined on 11/22/2014Caprese salad with buffalo mozzerella was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findMT1122Dined on 11/22/2014Myself and 3 others were coming to NY to see a music venue and wanted a place to dine close by. I found this gem on Open table. The food was outstanding and the staff and service could not have been better. I have to eat gluten free and did not realize that NIzzi's offered many different GF meals and also fresh made GF bread. My meal was exceptional. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a great meal at reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceBeanDined on 11/21/2014I brought 3 generations of travelers from 3 different states to this restaurant and we had a great meal. Everyone was happy with the Crispy Octopus, even if we had never had it before. The gluten free veal dish and bread were out standing. It was so nice to have everyone walk away satisfied and smiling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pre-theater choiceUpstateGuyVIPDined on 11/20/2014Fast friendly service and very good food made for an enjoyable pre-theater experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Italian in NYC!hlw917Dined on 11/20/2014I've been coming to NIZZA for 4 years now; it's my favorite Italian restaurant in NYC. Especially fond of the fantastic gluten free options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Reasonable PricepablomarcoDined on 11/19/2014This place has terrific food and is reasonably priced. It was crowded and is small but was worth it. We ate there pre-theater and had plenty of time to enjoy our meal and make our show. This was our second visit. The first was just as good. I had a kale salad that was great and I am not a health food nut. I also had their veal dish and it was superb.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Choice for Dinner before a ShowTXDogLoverVIPDined on 11/15/2014We read the reviews on Open Table and selected Nizza for both its positive reviews and convenient location and we were very pleased with our choice. The restaurant is small so reservations are required if you have tickets to a show and are on a time schedule. We arrived at 6:30 for our reservation and there was already a 45 minute wait for those without reservations. The wait staff was wonderful, very attentive and friendly. The atmosphere was small, cozy and comfortable. The Gnocchi Al Forno was decadent, Parppardella ala Pesto was great and the chicken Milanese was fresh and hearty. The Kale and Goat Cheese salad was perfect, creative and delicious. All dishes were attractive in presentation. We would recommend Nazzi if you are in the area and would like a nice, relaxing dinner before a show.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again, Nizza deliversOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/15/2014Nizza -- great food, excellent service, and friendly staff. One of my favorite NYC restaurants and a theatre district must-go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food OptionsjenhlevyVIPDined on 11/14/2014This restaurant had great food options for gluten free and vegetarians. Definitely would recommend trying out Nizzo if you are in the area or pre-theater.Special Features:
- Always great!BirthdayDinerVIPDined on 11/13/2014Just a great spot for a good meal. Thanks! Everyone in our party can always find something on the diverse menu, it's always prepared and served well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food & Service but loudjujuny63Dined on 11/12/2014The food and service is very good. The tables are a bit too close together and it can get very loud. I suggest making reservations or you will expect to wait quite a bit of time where there is not much room for standing. Overall the prices are reasonable and the food is delicious. I will definitely return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!Hermia82Dined on 11/8/2014Late dinner after the theatre and our group was pleased with the food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Gluten FreeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014My wife and tried two different GF pizza's and they were amazing! They even brought out some GF bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No MarseillesBardVIPDined on 11/6/2014We have been to its sister restaurant, Marseilles, and decided to try Nizza on a pre-theater Thursday night. The menu is very limited if you don't want pizza or pasta (which we didn't). The Casear salad which we split was divided into two huge portions but it was difficult to cut the whole romaine leafs without spilling them onto the table. My wife enjoyed the salmon; my lamb loin was ok but there wasn't much of it. Service was very erratic; it took forever to get our cocktails and the food came very quickly. We much prefer Marseilles.Special Features:
- DeboVIPDined on 11/5/2014The only reason this restaurant could possibly survive is because it is in the theater district and they therefore have something of a captive audience. The food is abysmally bad--faux Italian--and the noise level is deafening. Would never go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014Would love to give this 5 stars as we come here fairly often and the food is always delicious. Slight problem this time with the red wine though as it was freezing. Amazing once it warmed up but I think they need to check the cellar as we enter winter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as usualanonymousVIPDined on 11/2/2014Nizza is one of my favorite NY restaurants. The food is great, the service is always top-notch, and they are possibly the friendliest restaurant towards gluten-free diners I have encountered. Of course, I shall return (again and again)!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten FreelivefromGreenBayDined on 10/30/2014My wife is gluten free and the variety of items offered was a welcomed change to other restaurants. Would recommend to anyone that is gluten free for sure. They even offer a gluten free bread for dipping my wife said was amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingJRNYDined on 10/30/2014Nizza has been a favorite of mine for quite some time. The food is always delicious and I love the atmosphere...but what always stands out the most is the exemplary service. Nizza's servers are always professional and friendly, my requests are handled quickly and they always make me feel like a valued and respected customer. I'll eat there again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CleatsandKeysDined on 10/30/2014The butternut tortolonni was amazing! Also it was extremely Cilliac Disease friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy and closeFrankDined on 10/29/2014The service was great and the food was very good. The greeting by hostess was perfunctory. When we requested a different table we were told there weren't any although many were available within just a few minutes. We were seated inches from a neighboring table. We could hear every word of their conversation but not a lot of our own conversation. As with too many restaurants recently attempting to be trendy, the sound was just deafening. Even the waitress had trouble hearing us.Special Features:
- Pleasureable ExperienceBellaDined on 10/26/2014We found Nizza listed in our Playbill and selected the restaurant for our next visit to NYC. Service was excellent and the food was delicious and reasonably priced. We will definitely return. Nizza was a great find!Special Features:
- NoGlutenDined on 10/25/2014Great gluten free options. Have eaten here a few times and I am always satisfied. Having celiac is risky to eat out but I feel comfortable eating at Nizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/24/2014I've eaten here numerous times and always have a very good time. Staff is friendly, food is good and you never feel rushed. There's a decent list of wine to choose from. The pizzas are delicious and very filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre theaterSlippyDined on 10/24/2014Good food, drinks and speedy service Friendly far staff Lovely diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, really good restaurantThomasPDined on 10/23/2014I've been here several times.The food is always delicious and nicely presented. On this last visit, I noticed the socca had become more authentic tasting than before - much closer to the taste on the cote d'Azur than it had been here. Also glad their brand of pastis is Ricard. The service is very friendly and efficient, making for a relaxed evening. The ambiance is pleasant. Only suggestion: the loud music is unnecessary, and at times unpleasant. The restaurant is quite popular and just the sound of voices is a constant high volume. The music can go from background to distraction very quickly. I will return again, because it does have that nice Italian/French influence that you find in Nice, and they do it well.Special Features:
- Took a friend for lunch.EaglepirateDined on 10/23/2014Haven't been for dinner. The menu was perfect for lunch. You could have an entree, sandwich (panini), salad or pizza. The menu accomodated a wide variety of tastes. The portions were perfect for lunch. Not so much food that your falling asleep at your desk afterwords. But enough to satisfy. The food was excellent. The pasta with pesto cream sauce had just the right amount of sauce to give the pasta the pesto taste, without being too much. Also, since I have a bad habit of wearing sauces, I appreciate the moderation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food & a gluten free menuDivaBVIPDined on 10/22/2014Great! Delicious! Cannot wait to return! The gnocchi was fantastic, so was the socca and the eggplant appetizer. I had the Pera martini! So goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!MarieDined on 10/22/2014Upon first entering the restaurant our party was immediately welcomed with a warm greeting. It didn't end there. The wait staff was very attentive. The food was truly outstanding!Special Features:
- Our choice for pre-show dinnerJeffersDined on 10/18/2014You can't go wrong here; it's entirely designed to get you in and out before your show, with a wide range of italian options, all tasty and reasonably priced, and a good wine list including by-the-glass options. Service consistently high, too. Just be sure to reserve early as it fills up quickly.Special Features:
- Post Theatre FavOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/20143rd time dining experience at Nizza after a show. Love the Cesar salad and pesto pasta!Special Features:
- We came because of the nameDinaMNDined on 10/18/2014Stayed because the food was wonderful! Since we share the same name as the restaurant, many friends have asked if we've ever been there. We had matinee tickets and though it would be a great place to try Saturday brunch. The service was wonderful, attentive but not overly so. The food list was so different from other Italian restaurants that I really wanted to try everything on the menu. Our food came promptly, fresh and hot. I had the socca and eggs and hubby had the salsicce e uova piccanti and we were both more than satisfied with the portions and the taste. Now I cannot wait to return to try their other dishes. My only hope is we can get a "family discount"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good timeGingerbearDined on 10/17/2014bad experience with the slow service and ineffectual servers, soggy socca. not sure I was glutenized but it certainly felt like it a few hours later
- My favorite go to restaurant.rivaDined on 10/16/2014I have been going to Nizza for casual dinners for almost three years now and it has always been a joy. I love the simple menu and all of the items on the menu are delicious. I love Nizza for date nights with my boyfriend or just a casual dinner with friends. The location is great too and the atmosphere is lovely. The staff is very friendly and always ready to give advice. I enjoy Nizza overall and I'm definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable and easy.GibsonDined on 10/12/2014The staff was ftriendly and the food was delicious, but it was the Bloody Marys that were spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for after a showOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Great location and service- thoroughly enjoyed my meal there after seeing a show on Broadway!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceBillyfromPhillyDined on 10/11/2014Excellent food and service. The restaurants tables are very close together and the noise level is high. Order the socca, it is out of this world good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!NyFoodieDined on 10/11/2014Been here many times before and after Broadway shows. Always a hit!Special Features:
- OKFoodieVIPDined on 10/10/2014Food was good, and tasty. Service was good. Reservation was ready when we arrived. Good for pretheatre.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too good to waste on touristsPslopianDined on 10/9/2014Our go-to pre-theater place. Always crowded at that hour, but they get the food out, and it's reliably good to very good. Service is professional and competent. A separate gluten-free menu with a terrific selection of soccas (pizza-like pancakes made with chickpea flour) that are worth trying even if you are gluten tolerant.Special Features: