15 S Water Street
Nantucket, MA 02554Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.seadognantucket.com/
- Phone: 5086801342
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Richard Derusha
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Nixs Brewpub
Nixs Brewpub, formerly Sea Dog Brew Pub, is located at 15 S. Water Street in the heart of the island. The Brewpub continues the tradition of offering an extensive selection of handcrafted beers and creative pub fare that capture the spirit of New England’s seafaring history.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nixs Brewpub reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (5)good for groups (4)vibrant bar scene (3)neighborhood gem (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great Brewpub in NantucketNewYorkLuVIPDined on 8/25/2014very friendly service with a vast selection of small batch beers. Lobster roll was terrific but a bit pricey for a pub-but hey, it's Nantucket! Sit in the back room and you will get a view of the harbor.Special Features:
- Great VEG friendly family dinnerkathleengpDined on 8/15/2014Nantucket has some of the best restaurants but a lot of new, inexperienced wait staff and NOT vegetarian friendly. NIXS nails it on both. We dined there twice this season and had great, reasonably-priced, well-tended meals both times. Also NIXS is one of the few restaurants that has vegetarian friendly items right on the menu - more than one and NOT a portobello mushroom sandwich or a pasta dish that swims in oil (sadly - that is what we usually find). Half our family is vegetarian so this was wonderful to have selections to choose from (including a VEGETARIAN tomato bisque soup!) Food was great, makes it reasonable to feed a group, and service was great! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceFloeyVIPDined on 8/10/2014Bar food but a star for me was the tomato soup. We had a large party of 15 people, including four children, and had a great time due largely to our exceptional waitress!Special Features:
- Perfect end to our day tripdebbpaerVIPDined on 8/8/2014We needed an early dinner for our family of 11 before our boat back and this was perfect. Our waiter was amazing and the food was fresh and well made. Everyone was happy which isn't easy with our crew. Thank you!Special Features:
- Pretty bad overalljed1571Dined on 8/6/2014First of all, I will assume that if anyone reads this review then they are already familiar with the ridiculousness of dining on the island (shorter: overpriced). In this case I have to also add that we were lucky to be fed. Otherwise 1 star. Without opentable, we would not have gotten a table at all. However, the kitchen was so overwhelmed that I wish we had just moved along and eaten at the house. The positives: signature tuna "eggy" sandwich and the kids pizza. Negatives: fried clams (awful, overly breaded mess), grilled fish sandwich (bland, incredibly blah) and service time. To elaborate a bit on service, the server was friendly but missed a few things like drinks and refills. More importantly, it took 90 minutes to get the food.
- Great in town spot for casual foodKdl38Dined on 8/6/2014We really loved this place. We sat in the back facing the water which was perfect - although the parking lot was not so nice to look at. The food was great - especially the mussels. The service was terrific. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- The following 1 reviews are from the Nixs Brewpub reviews archive.
- wonderful lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014We were a party of 9. The food was great! We could see the harbor from our table. And our server went above and beyond. I would recommend this restaurant to any and all. Also the bloody Mary drinks we're the best we ever had! !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.