Nix Restaurant-Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel
163 East Walton Place
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Nix Restaurant-Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.millenniumhotels.com/millenniumchicago/
- Phone: 3128677575x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am - 12:00pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Burgers
- Executive Chef: Val Benner
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Located in the Knickerbocker Hotel. Romantic dinners, birthdays, and intimate experiences please call 1-312-867-7575.
For large private events, receptions, weddings, etc. please contact Victor Zarroli at email@example.com and let him you know you are an Opentable patron!
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room featuring large round table to seat up to 12 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Pilar Flessor 312-867-7540x
- Entertainment: Jazz Pianist plays Tuesday through Saturday from 6:00pm- 9:00pm.
Jazz Trio featured Friday and Saturday nights 9:30pm-1:00 am
- Special Events: Special Holiday Menus. Luxurious Martini Bar. Unique setting steps off the Magnificent Mile.
A word from Nix Restaurant-Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel
NIX Restaurant, located steps from the Magnificent Mile, is a shining gem of the Streeterville Neighborhood and Gold Coast. NIX features contemporary American fare highlighting local ingredients, including our house specialty-the NIX Burger! Whether looking for the ultimate weekend brunch, perfect lunch while shopping in Chicago, NIX menu and service will be sure to please. Stop in to our Martini Bar for some exceptional cocktails, and enjoy the luxury and style of Chicago's own Knickerbocker Hotel!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nix Restaurant-Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
- Big on staff, small on serviceFrequentdinerVIPDined on 9/15/2013There is little about this place worth talking about. If you stay at the Knickerbocker as we did and its raining out like it did for us then ok go for breakfast. If you can go out then do yourself a favor and do it.
- Great for GroupsDINERVIPDined on 9/8/2013Nix has outstanding service. Our group meets there once a month. The waiters are welcoming and efficient. They remember our favorites. The menu changes often so there frequently is something new to try. The plates are attractively arranged. The food is good. The price is moderate. The small room at the rear of the restaurant is excellent for a group. New décor makes the restaurant cheery and clean looking.Special Features:
- could use a better dessertLkc1Dined on 8/7/2013could use a better dessert selection: frosting on cupcakes was too sweetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent value 4 tony neighborhoodericDined on 6/7/2013In the historic Knickerbocker hotel, Nix had excellent service, a nice menu with a good balance of new twists on satisfying classics. They serve a proper (gin) martini in a relaxing setting with great people watching. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY FRIENDLY SERVICE, NICEDINERVIPDined on 5/12/2013VERY FRIENDLY SERVICE, NICE AMBIANCE, BELOW AVERAGE FOOD.Special Features:
- wouldn't go backwaldmkaVIPDined on 4/13/2013My steak was too small and not that great for the price charged. My friends salmon wasn't even cooked. When it was cooked properly it was perfect, but I was done with my dinner. Wouldn't go back again. All employees were very courteous and friendly though.
- Excellent service and food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2013Excellent service and food. Quite a nice find in the middle of the city.Special Features:
- This was our first trip toOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/2/2013This was our first trip to the Nix Restaurant, and the food was great. Perfect comfort food for a cold Chicago night. The service was very attentive as well. Very nice place, we will dine there in the future.Special Features:
- My fiance and I couldn't believeEricDined on 1/31/2013My fiance and I couldn't believe this place wasn't packed!!! The staff and food was amazing!!! This is the type of place we have to visit each time we're in town! The atmosphere was just what we needed and the service was phenomenal. We ate dinner and breakfast and every meal was memorable. Just go! It's worth it.Special Features:
- Nice Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Pleasant dining. Wonderful service! We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Amazing breakfast spotmilwaukeebrianVIPDined on 11/8/2012One of my favorite breakfast places in Chicago now. We stopped in this week for our 2nd visit and it was as good as the first time. Spinach and mushroom omelette is awesome. Rosemary potatoes are fantastic. Service is top notch. I may have to try to book my hotel intentionally close to this restaurant for next time.Special Features:
- Pierogi, pierogi!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2012The Nix is a restaurant located in the Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel. Though the menu is not extensive, this is not to say that I could not find something that interested me. It is typical American fair, including steak, hamburger, fish, pork, and chicken dishes. Truly, the hamburger was the most tempting plate (which is somewhat large and topped with bacon and a fried egg). However, the highlight of the dining experience revolved around the pierogi side dish which was made with the typical mashed potatoes and small amount of cheese. Our server convinced me to order them the Polish way (with a side of sour cream and a small sprinkle of parsley. They were great, including the slightly sweet coating of sugar and vanilla I detected on them!Special Features:
- Wow. Not a pleasant experience.NicknameVIPDined on 9/22/2012The only thing worse than the food was the service. What a shame to see. Took us at least 5 minutes to be waited on and after that the food came out within 10 minutes, which wasn't bad, but certainly not good. Our waiter apparently left on an extended vacation after giving us the food (maybe he thought it was awful?) and we had to go to the hostess to get our bill. Naturally, our waiter then showed up to give us our bill. Nice.