Niu B Sushi & Robata - South Michigan Ave
888 South Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60605Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Niu B Sushi & Robata - South Michigan Ave
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.niubchicago.com/
- Phone: 3129221127x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Niu B Sushi & Robata - South Michigan Ave
Niu B is the second location of the original Niu Japanese Fusion Lounge on 332 East Illinois Street in Chicago. Niu B features not only their signature maki rolls, fresh sushi nigiris and sashimi, but also Japanese Robata Grilled Skewers. Our full bar features specialty Japanese whiskey cocktails and house infusions, as well as Korean Soju that pairs perfectly with grilled skewers. The interior is sleek and modern with the inspiration of 1930"s Japanese Izakaya Bar in Tokyo.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Niu B Sushi & Robata - South Michigan Ave reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)scenic view (6)fit for foodies (6)special occasion (5)great for lunch (5)good for groups (3)romantic (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Nice Addition to NeighborhoodGregVIPDined on 8/25/2014Niu replaced a sushi place in the same location that was quite good, but I think Niu is a step up. They still offer good sushi but also offer a broad Asian fusion menu with a nice variety of Japanese and Korean dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing lunch specialsPinktrenchcoatDined on 8/20/2014The lunch specials are amazing and delicious. Went for lunch and the service as great -- very attentive servers who let you linger as long as you like. It was not very crowded -- make sure you go and keep this great place in business!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Appetizer, Not the best sushimelbeatsDined on 8/12/2014Due to the moderate to high pricing and the location, I was expecting Niu B to be really good sushi. The seaweed salad was good, but the sushi had a very bad taste to it, perhaps it went bad.. I have never had foul-tasting sushi in Chicago before until now. I would not recommend this restaurant unless you are eating other food besides sushi. The mushroom teriyaki side was good as well.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/4/2014Looks better than old place Oysy..but still poor service. Fish is Ok which you do not want at sushi restaurant.
- Very tasty rollsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/10/2014Truly enjoyed my dinner. The rolls were large, well prepared, and very tasty. My waitress was very detailed oriented, and was never far away in case I needed something. The atmosphere was quiet, which was nice after a hectic day.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceFitfoodie77Dined on 6/27/2014Views of Grant Park, modern clean decor. Well-priced, beautifully presented sushi. Would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichaelJ8Dined on 6/21/2014awsome food. Had the korean short ribs... delicious. Also had the "bagel" maki, which is just a phill role, and it was good.Special Features:
- just okkirstjenVIPDined on 6/12/2014Niu B just opened, so I will give them another shot, but this was a just average meal. Udon soup was basically miso broth & noodles with a few scallions thrown in, along with several pieces of tempura veg & shrimp. Nothing special, so if I want this, I'll head a few blocks west to Umai & have theirs. The robata salmon was very good, tender and zesty. My partner at the lamb chops & the sausages & said that they were both tasty as well, but the sushi roll he ordered had too much mayo. We both ordered dessert - he ordered the sorbet which was tasty & large enough to share. It came out about 10 minutes before my salted caramel cake, so my urge for something sweet had been satisfied & therefore my dessert seemed to be just too much.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Niu B Sushi & Robata - South Michigan Ave reviews archive.