1197 Walt Whitman Road
Melville, NY 11747Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.nisengroup.com/
- Phone: 6314218000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - closing
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Chef Andy and Chef Lin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: On and off premise catering, all events including corporate accounts, special occasions and any function you can think of.
- Entertainment: Live music and DJ
A word from Nisen 110
Co-owners Jason Levy, David Peskin, Tom Lam and Robert Beer have revolutionized the way sushi is prepared on Long Island as each diner is taken on an epicurean adventure. The modern menu created by Executive Sushi Chef highlights the bold flavors of Asia and features the highest quality ingredients. All within the stunning interior space designed by Horst Design International.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nisen 110 reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (19)great for lunch (14)hot spot (14)great for outdoor dining (14)neighborhood gem (12)good for groups (10)special occasion (8)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (4)romantic (3)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- DisappointedifalcoVIPDined on 9/20/2014Have been here 4 times since open. This last experience had to be the worst. Food was good, service was terrible. Will not be back for awhile.
- Business lunchSuperjudgeDined on 9/19/2014They have the lunch thing down - seated quickly, good service, good sushi. Portions are small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodBrianDined on 9/8/2014New restaurant was pleasant surprise. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Way to noisy to have a conversation with your table. Also very expensive . It seems like they double their prices to compensate for the amount of patrons that have previously purchased a half price coupon on Groupon.
- Just OKBigPaulieDined on 8/9/2014It was fine, nothing to get excited about.. A nice looking place (outdoor seating is on a major road), service was fine (but the place was relatively empty on a Saturday Night).. food was decent..
- Average and LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/5/2014Went during the week for a business lunch. I cannot for the life of me understand why they would be playing loud techno music on a Tuesday at 12:30 pm. The room is loud enough without the additional music. We could barely hear each other - definitely not good for business. As for the food, some had the burger and thought it was ok. I had the sushi and it was fresh, but nothing special. For the prices, I was expecting more. Blackstone and Cirella down the road have better sushi.
- Birthday Sushi CelebrationLizzyDined on 8/1/2014Celebrated a birthday with a small group of friends. Started on the outside deck with some cocktails! Good drinks, great food and an overall amazing night. The staff were professional and friendly and the service was really good.Special Features:
- Excellent !NinjaprincessDined on 7/26/2014The food is spectacular! Evan my 9 year old completed cleaned his plate begin to back again right away. Each bite was a new experience. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soFazio55VIPDined on 7/26/2014First visit since the relocation from woodbury and it was just ok. Fish was fresh but the chef rolls we selected were overdone with too many ingrediants. The oysters were fresh but not very cold. Service was pretty good and cordial and the scene is, well, its Melville.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okGreatCarsGreatFoodDined on 7/25/2014The food was decent. The rolls were not anything special. When Nisen was in Woodbury the food was fantastic. It's just not the same and not as good
- SFriedmWomanVIPDined on 7/16/2014A little disappointing in comparison to the Nisen in Woodbury. Restrooms were out of toilet paper and not clean. The salmon teriyaki was very dry. A little too cramped. The service was great.
- Quality on the waneNyfootyDined on 7/11/2014I was a big fan of the Woodbury location, and have been to Nisen 110 a number of times, but I am not convinced that the quality of the food, the seating, noise level and service warrant the food. This Friday night was quite ordinary, some of our sashimi was poor, the 2014 Volcano roll was not up to standard, the miso soup was below standard as well. If the food isn't a standout - then the other things start to annoy you. The chairs are most un-comfortable, the seating very close together and its loud. To overcome these issues - the food has to be outstanding and it wasn't. I will give it another go, but will also start looking to find a new Sushi favorite restaurant.
- Great food but ok servicepinajd04VIPDined on 7/7/2014The food was excellent but service could have been a bit better. I do like it for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the times they are a changin'MrJeffersDined on 7/7/2014Ah, sushi. The old Nisen in Woodbury took the food and ambience to new heights, albeit expensive with a capital E. Nisen 110 falls short on the ambience of a sushi bar/restaurant and has expanded to a bar scene, outdoor dining and non-sushi menu items. The actual sushi bar seats only 6 . Kudo's (NOT the name of yet another sushi restaurant!) for the new interior design, hat's off to the expanded and varied menu (still very fresh). But $26 for a specialty roll should include the entire school of tuna and a mermaid to serenade you. There are only so many ways to wrap fish in rice, right? My visit was okay but to tell the truth? I left with my friend after what might have satisfied some and went to a second sushi restaurant in Syosset.Special Features:
- Excellent Food - nice outsideMikemVIPDined on 7/6/2014we ate outside, they had heaters and a nice setup. its on the street so not the best view, but overall very nice. food is excellent, service was excellent, definitely would go againSpecial Features:
- FantasticBostonChinookDined on 6/29/2014This was our first time to visit any of the Nissen restaurants. We chose to sit outside on the deck because it was cool out and we were eating early at 5pm so the restaurant was quiet. No problems with service (but there were only 3-4 tables filled at this time ) and everyone was friendly. The food was super. Everything we had - from salad and appetizer to the sushi and side dishes - was fresh, delicious, and presentation was good. We had two desserts (tempura cheesecake and oreo funnel cake) that were so good that we'd go back just to have dessert! Definitely the best sushi we've had on long island, hands down. Can't wait to go back to try a few of their entrees and, of course, have dessert again!I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUSifalcoVIPDined on 6/21/2014SUSHI IS EXCELLANT. SERVICE WAS VERY GOOD. ENJOYED THE OUT DOOR DECK.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014Very good sushi but a bit pricey on the special rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lisa57VIPDined on 6/17/2014We are Nisen regulars. We enjoy their other restaurants. However the service at this location is terrible. One night we went there and some of the food did not come out with everyone else's food. We had to complain to the manager. Nisen makes a nice chocolate souffle. It take a few minutes to prepare. So tonight we ordered it at the beginning of the meal, so we did not have to wait to 15 minutes for desert. After our appetizer they brought the desert. Really? Instead of making a fresh souffle they simply reheated the ones made earlier. Thus they were dried out. No one came over to apologize or ask how our meal was. Will not go back to Nisen 110.
- no reservation keptBabsDined on 6/15/2014we made a reservation for 3 at an inside table via open table for father's day. for the first time ever through open table there was no appropriate inside table. they offered to move a table from storage between the dining room and the bar area (no man's land) which was in the traffic lane for wait staff serving outside seaters. when we said that it was not satisfactory, they informed of us a 20 minute wait which we declined. disappointed and disinclined to return!
- Almost good, but...ScottyVIPDined on 6/10/2014Here's the bottom line. The Pros: food is good & our waitress, Mia, was very accommodating & friendly. The Cons: They just don't know what they want to cater to, business lunches or the incredibly loud, let's drink in the middle of the day crowd. As if the bar isn't noisy enough, they have one extra stupid & obnoxious thing that they do. They sell sake boilermakers & every time someone has one, the STAFF ring bells & make noise, so much that each time it interrupted the client lunch I had & was quite embarrassing. It's like TGIF singing their loud birthday songs ad nausea. Also, they could probably serve smaller portions, but you'd need an electron microscope to see it. What a shame. Well, it's back to the Commack Nisen for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food extraordinarily loudShacntryDined on 6/7/2014Theis is my second visit to a Nisen restaurant. The food is extraordinary. The flavors burst in your mouth. The presentation is exquisite. The service is solicitous and the pace of the meal is perfectly timed. However the acoustics in this restaurant are awful and the sound level almost deafening. The people next Tonys could not wait to leave and another couple got up and went outside to eat. I'm not sure what canbe done about this but I would only return there at off hours, or maybe just take out.Special Features:
- Hot New PlaceifalcoVIPDined on 5/31/2014Sushi was amazing. Much much better then the Nisen in Commack. Not same owners. Service was very very good.Special Features:
- ENJOYABLEmiloVIPDined on 5/30/2014Very nice meal and enjoyable. We will definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophisticated SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/29/2014Beautifully designed restaurant small and intimate but does not feel that way due to great bar area and outside patio ... The food is top notch for quality, presentation and flavor. For those who have had and enjoy places like Nobu you will not be disappointed here at all .... Had a great meal, a very attentive server and an incredibly nice interested staff.... Will be backSpecial Features:
- The following 2 reviews are from the Nisen 110 reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/24/2014Excellent menus! Coby meatball apply was yummy. The manager atom was so nice and attentive. Had a lovely evening!Special Features:
- NoisyDannyDined on 5/17/2014Very loud for a smaller place couldn't hear or understand wait staff. They were lifeless and slow.