Niroj Levant Cuisine
30313 Canwood St
Agoura Hills, CA 91301Neighborhood:
Agoura Hills / Westlake Village
Middle EasternPrice: $30 and under
Niroj Levant Cuisine
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.nirojcuisine.com/
- Phone: (818) 889-7888
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesdays - Thursdays - 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Fridays and Saturdays - 4:00 PM - Midnight
Sundays - 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Takeout, Wine
A word from Niroj Levant Cuisine
The Levant region is located at the intersection of Mesopotamian, Anatolian, Hellenistic and Mediterranean civilizations. The region covers most of modern Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine, Israel, Syria, the Sinai Peninsula, parts of Southern Turkey and Northwestern Iraq. Home to dozens of rich traditions based on cultural and religious intermixing, the Levant is a deeply cosmopolitan place with a distinct taste in terms of cuisine. Centering our menu on its Kurdish side, we are committed to provide the most delicious dishes from the larger Levant region, where the ingredients are always fresh and of best quality. Our philosophy is to make our customers feel the Levant in terms of both taste and ambiance. And we believe that food is never simply a biological need; it is what unites the humankind in its immense cultural diversity.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Niroj Levant Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (6)good for groups (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- overall excellentAHMMPMDined on 11/14/2014excellent dinner and service. Some in group loved it and some really liked it. The service was very attentive. A lot of food. So go as a group esp since the have a family style. The belly dancing music was too loud but otherwise it was quiet. Worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kurdish FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2014We love eating here and trying new dishes from faraway lands.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/2/2014Amazing food and really good wines even though the wine list is not extensive. Everything is organic and locally grown!Special Features:
- The following 25 reviews are from the Niroj Levant Cuisine reviews archive.
- This is one of my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Great service and delicious Mediterranean food. Everything was prepared to perfection . They have very talented and classy belly dancer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drive to AgouraDandDVIPDined on 7/5/2014After reading a flattering article in AAA Westways magazine, we thought we would give it a shot. The food was very fresh, had interesting flavors and well prepared. Kurdish/Levant food reminded us a bit of Italian, Moroccan and Indian..great spices and use of tomato. We especially like the roasted smokey Babaganoush with warm bread(similar but different from Nan). We loved the Shrimp Pida (Baked in a soft twisted tart), Mussaka (different from Greak) and Lamb Tawe (similar to a Tagine). Belly dancing Sat night was fun, not cheesy. The performer was really talented and displayed multiple styles of dance/types of music. No embarrassing grinding/bothering patrons for tips like many establishments. Staff and owner were very friendly/responsive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The only Kurdish restaurant in CA!TriangletravelDined on 6/20/2014This local gem is tucked away but do go out of your way to find it. Lovely atmosphere, attentive service and wonderful Mediterranean food. Try it!Special Features:
- NirojLollyDined on 6/14/2014Only 3 Kurdish restaurants in U.S. and happy to have this one near us in Agoura Hills. Lovely decor, server friendly accommodating (She offered to, and did, separate one component of the Mezze combination platter onto a separate plate because one of our party of three was allergic to nuts and put the nuts for the desert in a side cup.) and efficient. Food was attractive, freshly prepared and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice twist on Middle Eastern FoodArtemisDined on 6/12/2014We had the cold and hot mezza platters which were fantastic and plentiful. The Steak Kabob was tender and flavorful. the bulgar was a nice change from the standard rice you receive elsewhere.Special Features:
- Levantine gemtbhslhVIPDined on 5/30/2014Our only negative: self-distracted servers forgot one of two starters ordered, though dinner hour just underway. However, delicious food (which seemed not just factory sourcing). The baba ghanoush excellent. Our entrees included chicken, lamb, rice and delicately sautéed vegetable (vegetarian food available): all well prepared (the lamb chops particularly notable on this evening). Lebanese and Turkish wine available (as well as California and others). Excellent quality belly dancing and also musical entertainment offered regularly. Personable, intelligent owner clearly trying to deliver a quality product. If you enjoy or will try food from the Levant (perhaps the longest settled area of the world), it's worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific PlacemalibujohnDined on 5/20/2014I'll definitely be a repeat customer. The food is very good, friendly service and staff, nice decor. I gave it a four star rating, and not five stars, because I thought the rice could have been more fluffy, like I have experienced when I lived in the Middle East for several years. Kabobs were terrific and the salad was perfect. Overall, I recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The reviews are trueOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/16/2014I might never have considered this unfamiliar cuisine in a non-descript location if not for the great reviews. All true! The food was fresh and delicious. The cuisine is very similar to Greek food, which I love. We had the cold mezze platter which was huge and every item fresh and tasty. The soup was understated and elegant. I had the Niroj kebab which I expected to be like gyro, but was far more sophisticated. The portions are large and the rice is fluffy and flavorful. We did not have room for dessert after devouring the mezze platter, but we'll be back and dessert will be on our list! The restaurant is pretty inside and the service was good, if a bit overwhelmed. We had the Lebanese wine, but they have other wines, as well.Special Features:
- MediterraneanOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014Great food and some different choices. Wine too pricey and did not have a wine menu or volunteer prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NirojEffieVIPDined on 3/23/2014Hello, It was the second and last attempt to eat at Niroj restaurant. Although we had a reservation both times they tried to have us seat on the low tables next to the door and told us the same story" the rest of the tables were reserved. when I told them that we had a reservation aswell they told us that the rest of the tables (regular ones) were reserved for a private party. It was exactly the same story as the first time. When I asked them if is a coinsidence because we tried to eat there before and told us the same story, they told us "we can seat at one of the other tables but we need to leave by 8:00pm". Mind you our reservation was for 7:00pm and they let us stand there, so we left.
- A great find!PicodigioVIPDined on 3/7/2014My wife happened to be a farmer's market and struck up a conversation with a gentleman buying a huge crate of tomatoes. It turns out he is the owner/chef of the restaurant. Because we love to eat healthy, we decided to visit the restaurant. He came to our table and offered a couple of recommendations since the menu was new to us. We had a great meal! This is a quiet and peaceful restaurant. We were also treated to a belly dancer performance which takes place on Fridays and Saturdays! A new find for us (the restaurant, I mean!)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious MediterraneanTugboatDined on 3/2/2014We went here based upon the reviews on yelp & open table & pleased to find the positive ones to be true. Our waitress helped to chose the hot appetizer plate & a ground beef & lamb kabob entree to share. Dessert was the pastry with Turkish goat cheese & a simple syrup along with a Turkish coffee. Everything was delicious! It was Sunday night and the place was nearly empty, which made for a quiet & romantic dinner. We ate before catching Jackie Greene at The Canyon Club. This will be our go to place any time we are seeing someone at The Canyon Club!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Fun!SoozDined on 2/1/2014We had such a good time! It was so different for our area! Great belly dancing. Very friendly folks once the ice is broken. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking to break out of the dining rut!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyMikeDined on 1/25/2014Good and plentiful food. The sausage and rolled borek on the hot appetizer plate were both excellent. The sivan salad was fresh and delicious--and plentiful. We also tried the Almaza (Lebanese) and Efes (Turkish) beer. My wife ordered the tawe, a dish with lamb and eggplant. I ordered the riha chicken, which was like a kabob without the skewer. It was perfectly spiced. We had a hard time choosing, as there were several other dishes that looked intriguing as well. We finished with Kurdish coffee, which was very dark and rich, with a hint of spice. We were stuffed when we went home, and had enough for lunch the next day! The service was a little slow, so I wouldn't recommend if you are in a hurry.Special Features:
- Middle Eastern & Belly DancerJuniperDined on 1/24/2014Dining area on the left is more middle eastern. We had the Meze Platters hot and cold. We enjoyed the cold platter and the red pepper dip was great. The hot mezze platter we would not get again…we only liked the fillo wrapped cheese. The lamb chops, shrimp tawe,ground meat kebab and calzone like dish were our favourites. We did not like the lamb kebab ( tough) or the dumpling dish. We loved the coffee and the baklava. The belly dancer was beautiful and graceful but an hour late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieFoodieDined on 1/12/2014Food was good, but portions were small. Waitress could have been more attentive refilling drinks, bringing bread…the restaurant was not busy so confused why this happened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new Find in Agoura!rozmVIPDined on 12/28/2013Have been watching the reviews of this new restaurant. We finally tried it and are going to go back. Abundant, well prepared food in a friendly atmosphere. Don't be afraid of the unusual names, the servers and owner will describe each dish. Prices are moderate and the quality is evident. A great find if you are a little adventuresome and are looking for something new, different and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.Luv2eatDined on 12/17/2013First time we've tried this restaurant and the experience and food was excellent! The quality of the meat was very good and tasty. We'll definitely come back to this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Very interesting food andScottandJaneDined on 10/31/2013Very interesting food and lots of it. Can't recall all the names, but he lamb was great and the owner (Lukman) was great. The Turkish and Lebanese beers were good too and the desert (pear with shredded filo dough) was memorable. Easy place to go and have fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good ethnic foodwendyDined on 10/19/2013the food was good and the appetizer's were great. Belly dancer was fun too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enchanted and impressed ......MeemDined on 10/4/2013We found the food at Niroj to be very beautifully prepared, tasty and well served. The seating was comfortable and the servers were very cordial and attentive... The decor was comforting yet creative... I loved the bright table clothes and the unique painted orchids on the walls. The place went into party mode once the Beautiful Belly Dancer came out to enchant the customers.... I will return again soon and pass on the good news !!!Special Features:
- Good food.DenbugDined on 9/27/2013Salmon was delicious. Ground chicken was okay. Rice and salad was good.Special Features:
- Perfectly spicedDeeJayDined on 8/18/2013As a resident of the Middle East for over 17 years having eaten everywhere from Syria to Jordan, Lebanon to Egypt, I want to comment that the spices were perfect in all the dishes we sampled. The ingredients were very very fresh, presentation was lovely, and the kunafa with mozzarella cheese was exceptional and amazingl. Beware, the portions are very large, so if you are a light eater, consider sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very lovely new spotOverkaleVIPDined on 6/7/2013The restaurant is tucked away in a little strip mall, but once inside, it's a very lovely, intimate, neighborhood type of place. The menu is just right and the food is good. The servers are eager, the owner walks around and introduces himself -- and I'll go back again. There were a couple of things other people were ordering that I'd like to try! It's a really nice option in the neighborhood.
- Great place!saturdaynightoutDined on 5/4/2013I would recommend this place to anyone...great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.