6458 Main Street
Manchester Center, VT 05255Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nipperscafe.com/
- Phone: 8023622342
- Hours of Operation:
Monday, Wednesday - Saturday: 7:30 am - 11:00am
Sunday: 7:30am - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adam Dworkin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We would love to cater for you.
- Special Events: Birthday parties, wedding parties, we do it all. We can seat up to 40 people in the dining room for a private party. We can build a specific menu for your needs - just ask.
A word from Nipper's Steakhouse
Welcome to Nipper’s for breakfast or dinner we strive to make every meal you dine with us a memorable experience. Nipper’s has become popular amongst the locals and tourist for serving up outstanding fresh food at reasonable prices. We serve only Certified Angus Beef (CAB) steaks and fresh seafood. Whenever possible we use all local produce or preferably the vegetables come from our own gardens and all of our sauces are handcrafted on the property. We invite you to join us for a delicious home-cooked meal either in the morning or evening hours. Nipper’s is the perfect setting for any size gathering and we want to make sure that your dining experience is enjoyable so you will return.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nipper's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (3)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (3)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Excellent meal!WineDineFine4usDined on 9/5/2014Nippers had great reviews on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. Two in our party enjoyed a Caesar Salad starter and my House Salad was a beautiful arrangement of very fresh and tasty greens, tomatoes, thinly sliced cucumber and tiny multi-colored sweet pepper slices. Most things were grown in their garden and the dressing was delicious but the salad was so good that I preferred it basically plain. For entrées one in our party enjoyed the crunchy Guinness Battered Shrimp, two others chose steak dishes of which they approved and I was very pleased with the Horseradish Crusted Salmon since it was an unusual preparation, perfectly cooked and so flavorful. We were all very happy with our dinners and would certainly dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunchtheaterdinerDined on 8/17/2014Convienent and tasty good service Many choices Convienent and tasty good service Many choices Convienent and tasty good service Many choices Convienent and tasty good service Many choices Convienent and tasty good service Many choices Convienent and tasty good service Many choices Convienent and tasty good service Many choices Convienent and tasty good service Many choices Convienent and tasty good service Many choices Convienent and tasty good service Many choices Convienent and tasty good service Many choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynnHLynnHDined on 7/28/2014Found this restaurant on OpenTable and thought the previous reviews made this an attractive restaurant to try. We couldn't be happier with our experience. Everything was fresh with just the right flavors. My companion and I both had the Bourbon BBQ steak. While I thought steak prepared this way might be a bit overwhelming, found it was just right. If you want a high end meal in a low key (but clean, airy and well appointed) environment, this is a great spot. Went on a Monday night, relatively early, so there was not a crowd to contend with. As we were leaving several local cars started pulling in. Definitely a great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best kept secret in Manchester VTOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014I hate to say how great this place is because I would like to be able to keep it to myself. You will quickly find out the food is out of this world along with the sercice & atmosphere. A definite must when in VermontSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor diningFunkyMealsDined on 7/10/2014My wife and I had a delightful dinner at Nipper's Steakhouse last week during our trip to Manchester VT. The first thing you notice is the truly splendid outdoor setting at the foot of nearby mountains. The steak I had was delicious and my wife certainly enjoyed her fish as well. Home baked dinner rolls were a real treat as well. Service was excellent and we enjoyed the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy and friendlySmittyDined on 6/9/2014We were there on a very quiet Monday. This is a little family business associated with the Stamford Motel and the owners are very friendly. The food we had (steak and crab cakes) was delicious and the drink choices ample. A nice place we will seek out again.Special Features:
- A restaurant with a viewtwinteamDined on 6/7/2014The view sitting outside on a beautiful day is amazing. The food and service is fantastic. We loved it and will be back again and again.Special Features:
- A least we tried it !!!snowbirdDined on 6/5/2014Good friendly service, however the food was mediocre & overpriced.
- The following 34 reviews are from the Nipper's Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Steak was DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/14/2013We decided to go to Nippers after reading a number of favorable reviews. While the service was great, the steaks were not. The steak was poor quality and lacked flavor.
- quaint, simple bistro feel....foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013quaint, simple bistro feel....food was excellent! our table had seafood, steaks and chicken....we were all very pleased..Special Features:
- The owner of the StamfordOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/20/2013The owner of the Stamford Motel was waitressing at the restaurant and the conversation and attention was very personable.Special Features:
- We loved eating there. TerrificMarkoVIPDined on 2/18/2013We loved eating there. Terrific place and they made you feel right at home.Special Features:
- The food was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013The food was great and the service was tops. Nice comfortable cozy local place. They are also kid friendly.Special Features:
- Nice place, a bit away fromOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Nice place, a bit away from Manchester's busy downtown. Smallishm but more than sufficient menu with several good choices for adults and kids. Very kid- friendlySpecial Features:
- We visit t least three timesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013We visit t least three times a month. We like the people and the food. Never had a bad meal or experience.Special Features:
- Small yet very comfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013Small yet very comfortable restaurant. Warm and welcoming.Special Features:
- Good food, great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/27/2012Good food, great service. Wonderful overall experience. Especially welcome after a long day of skiiing.Special Features:
- Despite the small space, theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012Despite the small space, the area is condusive to small parties as well as big ones. We were there when a musician was playing. He was great! It was a bit hard to hear over him, but the space really works for a musician and guitar. I highly recomend the food. All is very good!Special Features:
- GREAT SPOT - GREAT PRICES -OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/29/2012We arrived a bit late but we were greeted with a warm smiled and we were shown to our table. A very small intimate dining room - the lights were dimmed and they had some great fish to check out in this massive tank. The server was warm and caring and gave us pleanty of information about the menu in order for us to choose an appetizer and entree. We had the panko shrimp, pork pot stickers and two starter salads. We choose the filet and lamb chops for our entrees. The menu seemed to be thoughtfully put together. Offering enough seafood, chicken, steak, pork chops and lamb dishes. Everything was cooked to perfection. After having a delicious dinner we had to try one of the desserts - which are not homemade but the tuxedobombe was greatSpecial Features:
- ANOTHER GREAT MEALOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012Perhaps its because we have been here once before and we know what to expect. We love this place - for the food and the price. We had a dinner special this time - chicken ravioli with four cheese with a pesto cream sauce - very very filling - couldn't have dessert this time. My husband had the pork chops stuffed with blue cheese - we split the two entrees and we each had a starter salad - we shared the panko shrimp and pork pot stickers. Our favorite spot when in Manchester - wouldn't miss it. Great food at a great price. Will be back in December - hopefully they will have lots and lots of snow on the ground. Thanks for a great meal and great service - looking forward to a return trip to our favorite townSpecial Features:
- IT was underwhelming givenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012IT was underwhelming given the Trip Advisor rating. I had to ask for the rolls with the meal, the food was tepid, the chicken was dry. My husband liked this burger. Overpriced for the experience and quality of food and service.
- LOVED THIS PLACE -OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/5/2012The food was delicious - the ambiance was comforatble - the room is very small but it isn't about the size of the room. We had an excellent meal. We arrived early and were seated quickly. We had the fish tank table as they refer to it. Tons and tons of little babies in the tank. Very interesting entertainment for the evening. The waitress was informative about the menu and a pleasure to talk to all evening. I had the ahi tuna salad and pork pot stickers, we also had the lamb chops which were excellent and I will get them next time. We recommend this place - hands down for a casual meal with food that is cooked to perfection but is very reasonable. Our meal was $86.76 - included a descent bottle of wine and dessert. THANKS AGAIN!!!!Special Features:
- Cooked to perfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012Awesome spot - we made a reservation for dinner based upon tripadvisor reviews and the price point we were looking for. We were greeted w ith a warm smile when we wAlked in And were told to have a seat wherever we felt comfortable. The waitress was quick with water and taking our drink order and explaining the specials. The salads was good the French onion soup was excellent - the cheese was a golden yellow and just the right amount of onions. My husband had the lamb chops and I had the filet they were both cooked perfectly to order. We decided to have dessert and I am so happy we did - we ordered the bombe and marquis w two cups of green mountain coffee. I only know because I had to ask. They were to die for as the owner stated.Special Features:
- Disappointing MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2012The menu items for this restaurant looked interesting but the execution of the meals was disappointing. Three out of four entrees were overcooked and dry. That was too bad because the people were very friendly and the place itself was small but nice.
- Excellent food in ManchesterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/3/2012My husband and I were in Manchester for a week and ended up eating here for dinner twice it was so good! The food was really fresh and flavorful,with sauces and seasonings complementing the main cuts of meat and reminded us of one of our favorite restaurants in NYC where we live. Between my husband and myself we each had the ribeye, salad and my husband had the BBQ steak during our first visit. On our second visit they had some interesting appetizers including one with local hen in the woods mushroom steaks.The hostess (who I think also owns the adjoining hotel) was very friendly. The prices were reasonable and the food better than other more expensive places we ate at. We will definitely return to Nippers during our next trip to Vermont!Special Features:
- Great Spot - Wouldn't Miss ItOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012Our second time in Manchester eating at this great spot. Very small - suggest reservations. We enjoyed the filet and horseradish salmon. The dessert was very good as well as the salads. The servers were really nice and informative about the area. We will be back at Christmas.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/9/2012My wife and I enjoyed a delicious reasonably priced meal. The steak was terrific! The atmosphere was relaxed and casual, exactly what we were looking for after a busy day of touring. Service was outstanding. We highly recommend Nipper's and look forward to returning on our next annual visit to Vermont.Special Features:
- A find in ManchesterheaderDined on 8/17/2012Beautiful view, lovely ambiance inside. Food is superior (unfortunately, my husband's steak was a bit overdone - he should have spoken up, but it was still delicious!). Steaks there are generally their specialty, however, it's a varied menu. My fish (ahi tuna) was outstanding, as were our appetizers. Very reasonable prices. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Unexpected treatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2012Overall unexpected treat in the countryside of Vermont. Outstanding service and food in family run restaurant. Dessert was scrumptious: layers of moist red velvet cake and special cream cheese filling. Entire experience was worth the drive. NOTE to Open Table - please do not identify me by name or email addressSpecial Features:
- Nipper's is a fun place that'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/13/2012Nipper's is a fun place that's a great addition to Manchester dining. All five of us loved our meals & the desserts were excellent. The service was so friendly...even with my picky requests. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Geat Value,Best View, Caring StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2012Didn't know what to expect when we pulled in to the driveway of the motel. The restaurant is located right next door. We were not at all disappointed . We sat on the deck and enjoyed the view. Our waitress was very pleasant and attentive. The food was great,not what you would expect from a motel setting. Manchester restaurants are always crowded and noisy and you are usually made to feel hurried. At Nippers you are made to feel at home. The owners work there, and take pride in what they do. With a few upgrades to the exterior, this place could be a goldmine. Great location an view of the sun setting over the mountains. Much better than fighting the crowds down town. Prices are very reasonable for the area. We will be back.Special Features:
- Surprisingly goodCherylCTDined on 7/26/2012The food was exceptional. I had one of the best filet mignons I've ever had in my life. My husband had a rib eye and both were cooked to perfection. The sauces used in the preparation were very tasty and complimented, rather than overpower, the beef. Appetizer was also very, very good (steamed clams in a saffron sauce) and very reasonably priced. The only thing lacking was a wine list, but I'm sure that will eventually follow. The house pinot noir was actually very adequate. This is a family run business attached to a hotel. The service was very good considering there was only one waitress (the chef's wife) on duty handling the whole restaurant.Special Features:
- We stayed at the Equinox whereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2012We stayed at the Equinox where there were many excellent restaurants close by. Nipper's was on the other side of town but had excellent reviews and did not disappoint. We had outdoor seating on a quiet week night and it was amazing. The view was beautiful and we even watched a hummingbird feed on the hanging flowers. There was a variety of reasonably priced meals and specials. Overall, a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Exceptional food with greatDickDined on 7/7/2012Exceptional food with great originality. Excellent, warm service by owners. Best dinners we have had in the Manchester area covering a period of more than 40 years.Special Features:
- What a great place for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/6/2012What a great place for dinner and breakfast, as well! We've eaten at many restaurants in the Manchester area and none have a better view!! Both of our dinners were delicious! I chose to have an appetizer and a salad. The greens were from the restaurant's garden, so were just picked. My husband had fish and chips done with panko which gave the fish great crunch. The fish was haddock. We had a good fume blanc which I was happy to find on the wine list. I don't find it on wine lists very often. Desserts were freshly made, not frozen and delicious!!!! In addition to a menu with great variety, there was a nice selection of appetizer, entree and dessert specials. Dinner is served either inside in an comfortable dining room or outside.Special Features:
- A great viewseafordinerVIPDined on 7/3/2012After dining at the Equinox a few nites, we were looking for a change. The restaurant has a great view of the mountains. We were waited on by the owner, she was lovely and down to earth. The food is very good and the desert, a chocolate Ganache, was outstanding. We enjoyed our meal here and will be sure to come back on our next visit to Manchester.Special Features:
- We visited Nipper's for breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012We visited Nipper's for breakfast and dinner and had a wonderful experience both times. It is located in an unpretentious spot a little bit outside of the center of Manchester but it is worth the (short) trip. The food was wonderful, the portions were generous and the prices were extremely reasonable. To top it off, the service was friendly and attentive. If you get the chance to sit outside on the deck on a beautiful night and take in the spectacular views as we did, you will have the makings of a truly memorable experience. We highly recommend Nipper's.Special Features:
- For the two of us or withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2012For the two of us or with guests, we have never been disappointed or even just pleased. Everything haas always been GREAT!!.Special Features:
- SECOND GREAT MEALOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2012Back in town again and decided to return to Nipper's since are last experience was quite nice. We originally made a reservation for outdoor seatng however due to the rain we were unable to experience it - we will try again because they have a gret mountain view. I had the Ahi tuna salad and my wife had the filet both were outstanding and two fresh caesar salads made with homemade dressing. Next time we will try them for breakfast have heard only great reviews.Special Features:
- Great spot in Manchester vtOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2012Went for dinner and we found it to be a very pleasant atmosphere with table cloths and linens. The room is very warm with the barn board trim that gives it a country elegance. The menu was varied with several steaks and seafood yet they had burgers and salads as well as a few dishes which were offered as half portions. We had the special lamb chops done with a balsamic reduction as well as the stuffed pork chops with crumbled blue cheese. Both were well prepared and they had homemade rolls that were delicious and homemade lava cake that was delightful. The food and presentations were thoughtfully prepared. It's obvious they care about the meals that they send out. The prices were very reasonable. We will go back and try breakfast.Special Features: