Nippers Beach Grille - Jacksonville Beach
2309 Beach Blvd
Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Nippers Beach Grille - Jacksonville Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nippersbeachgrille.com/
- Phone: 9042473300
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Wednesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Osvaldo “Omar” Collazo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer customizable menu packages that will fit any budget and occasion. From a casual party atmosphere to a five-star, five-diamond event, Nippers will meet and exceed your every need. Contact our friendly and accommodating event coordinators for a quote today.
- Private Party Facilities: Nippers Beach Grille’s private dining room holds up to seventy five, and formally sits fifty guests. This private room overlooks the Jacksonville Intracoastal Waterway making it the perfect back drop for rehearsal dinners, birthdays, anniversary celebrations, and receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Jeff Miles 3862334919
- Entertainment: Live music nightly. To view our music schedule please visit: http://www.nippersbeachgrille.com/events/live-music/
A word from Nippers Beach Grille - Jacksonville Beach
Nippers Beach Grille is Jacksonville’s Ultimate Waterfront Dining & Entertainment Experience. Allow our very own Chef O and his world-class staff to create a special culinary adventure just for you. After years with his mentor Top Chef’s Kenny Gilbert, he has taken his culinary skills to the level of creative artistry. At Nippers Beach Grille, Chef O and his culinary team offer an outstanding array of Southern Coastal Cuisine featuring the freshest ingredients, and local seafood prepared with bold flavors and creative spice blends. All of this comes together in amazing dishes that fulfill Chef O’s pursuit of his passion to create an Exceptional Culinary Experience for your dining pleasure.Continued
We encourage you and your guests to enjoy the food, fun, and spirits of Nippers Beach Grille!
We encourage you and your guests to enjoy the food, fun, and spirits of Nippers Beach Grille!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Nippers Beach Grille - Jacksonville Beach - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville Beach ›
Nippers Beach Grille - Jacksonville Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
scenic view (21)great for outdoor dining (20)good for groups (17)kid-friendly (12)vibrant bar scene (11)special occasion (8)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)fit for foodies (6)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (6)neighborhood gem (5)romantic (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- So much fun!DippindeeVIPDined on 9/4/2014Live music every night, great service and fun crowd! I will definitely be back to dine again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Serviceorchid41Dined on 8/31/2014We dined outside for Sunday brunch. Waitress saw us waiting and didn't acknowledge us. Another waiter comes over and says "I'm sorry guys, nobody saw you sitting over here". I was like "Isn't that your job? We have been sitting here for 20 mins without even a drink order placed". The waitress before could've came over and said something. That was ridiculous!! Everything else at this place is good but the service...needs to be worked on alot!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okay food - service not so greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/18/2014Have eaten here several times and the food is good but not anything that is amazing. The view and the ambience is the thing that sells this restaurant. The biggest down side is the service level. I think we asked for water 4 times before it was brought to the table. The staff is very friendly but not great on the service level - and each time we have been there it has not been busy. Enjoy the food and the view but be prepared to have okay level of service.Special Features:
- CelebrateMayinFLDined on 8/2/2014I went w/my family to celebrate my final final & receiving an "A". I am done w/homework. Getting my Bachelor's Degree in just a few days. I love the sushi menu & it is now going to be my meal from now on. Fresh & yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loud and dirtyEat2liveDined on 7/27/2014As soon as I entered I was greeted with blaring country music. I should have turned around but the person that recommend the spot had a good track record. The food was bland, the table was dirty and when my 3 yr old daughter said she had to go potty things went from bad to worse. The bathroom was disgusting. As I was leaving I noticed a row of filthy recliners facing the tv's? I will never go back and I will not listen to country music for a minimum of 6 months. Oh well...
- Terra8888VIPDined on 7/25/2014The food and view were spot on! However, their servers are young and somewhat inexperienced. Twice we were bombarded with the next course before we had even finished the one. I used to be a server many ions ago and this is a rookie mistake. Please let people enjoy the view, food and company....it felt rushed and put a damper on the experience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014The food as usual was very good. We had to move 2 times before being servered, 1st time water was dripping from the ceiling onto the chairs, 2nd time reservations for a larger party so they ask us if we minded moving and then finally a table. The wait staff was very slow and seemed as if they didn't have enough help. We had to ask for things 2 and 3 times before receiving most of the time except when it came to brining the check. Overall it's a great place but need more help where service is concerned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi was outstandingFloridafamilyfoodieDined on 6/24/2014My husband and I went with our kids. He and I got the All You Can Eat sushi and it was great. Loved every roll. They have a Nipperschanga. Omg delicious. So letting others know how great it was...as always. Keep up the GREAT WORK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vanishing serverRyanDined on 6/15/2014She wasn't very attentive to begin with, but was ok. The real issue was she never came back to our table after we ordered our dinner. Finally had to ask a bus boy if we could get our check. She then appeared with the check and apologized, but it was odd. The food was decent, especially the sushi, and the view is great so I'll likely try this place again. Hopefully next time the AC is working/on as it was very hot and humid inside too. May wait for cooler fall weather to return just in case.Special Features:
- New Family TraditionLauraVIPDined on 6/15/2014For two years we have celebrated both Mothers Day and G=Fathers Day at Nippers. We come by boat knowing dockage and a reserved table is awaiting us. Great choices on the menu to please all ages. Hope to continue our tradition with visits in between.Special Features:
- MIGHT give another shot... MAYBEFoodieAtHeartDined on 6/14/2014I was excited to try Nippers as I had heard so many rave reviews about it. The menu looked great, but the food was just okay. I had the Scallops on a bed of risotto and it was soooo salty to the point where I couldn't eat it. I'm thinking the problem was the risotto was cooked in bacon and then they added more salt. I will say the scallops were cooked to well. I also had a crabcake appetizer. It was so so. Nothing i will order again. The best thing about my dinner was the Mango Margarita. I had two. They were to die for. Service was good as well.Special Features:
- awful food.foodiefanaticVIPDined on 6/14/2014we went here for the first time after hearing about it for several years. we normally dont leave the beach, but kept hearing that it was on the water, good food, fun atmosphere. all five of us ordered something different and we were all very disappointed. the food was all frozen re-heated garbage. for a restaurant that specializes in fish, i couldnt believe that my lobster wrap was full of canned lobster mixed with imitation crab meat and mayo.....gross. will never go back here!!! the place was also more of a sports bar/ hang out for twenty-something unemployed crowd.Special Features:
- Horrible Wait Staff/Good AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Waitstaff was awful. We were just a two-person table. I was dining out with my Mom, our waitress completely ignored us, we waited 25 minutes for our drinks from the bar. Then another 30 for the appetizer. The restaurant was not even that busy. The atmosphere of Nippers is awesome. If only the waitstaff can match up it would be a great place to dine. The worst part is, there was no apology for the horrible service, the constant ignoring, or a replacement for the drink my Mother had to send back. Our waitress simply did not care.Special Features:
- Always goodfood4thoughtVIPDined on 6/13/2014I took my entire family for dinner the other night and it was great, as always. The service was fast, friendly, and always attentive. Everyone's food was exactly how they wanted it. We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- Best Happy Hour SpecialsFloridafamilyfoodieDined on 6/2/2014Wonderful music, great hh specials. Service is always great. Food is always the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nippers never fails to pleasekbocklVIPDined on 5/31/2014We brought some friends with sophisticated palates to Nippers on Saturday and converted them to lifelong fans. Pristine oysters, baked and raw; ahi tuna; blackened swordfish; bacon wrapped shrimp; diver scallops - - - every dish was perfectly prepared. Service was friendly and attentive. Nippers is our go-to place whenever we want to impress (and whenever we want to be impressed!)Special Features:
- NippersJamieDined on 5/24/2014Great food, good table service, poor bar service and very loud in dining areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodPdubyaDined on 5/23/2014Great Food, easily accommodated our group of 9. Shrimp and Grits and the Bacon Wrapped Shrimp are awesome! Get there early for the specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 32 reviews are from the Nippers Beach Grille - Jacksonville Beach reviews archive.
- disapointingNOTSATISFIED123Dined on 5/18/2014I called in reservations 2 weeks in advance.The 4 people a head of use sat at a great spot away from the kitchen and the loud speakers (they were walk ins)....when my wife spoke to the waitress staff...(she never complains)....they offered to turn the speakers down? they had no other tables....so why take a reservation?.....because they have no idea how to treat customers,but that is ok because the food was so bad we will not return.... and any of our friends will not return.We are members of a very LARGE, Beachs group which will never accommodate a meeting there, THIS IS A TRUE AND LAST TIME EVER EXPERIENCE.......EVER....
- Awesome!MelissannDined on 5/12/2014I felt like I was in vacation. Good food, good drinks. Food was reasonably priced but drinks overly priced for the kind of place. Out door seating is first come first served. Reservations for inside only. Music was great! Service could have been better- poor girl was so nice but spread thin. Need more servers out on patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great foodMereDined on 5/11/2014We love this place because they have great food and also are kid friendly. Thier sandpit outside and live music make a great atmosphere for our toddler to play while we wait for a table and after dinner. The food was excellent-the only slight disappointment was the tuna nachos. They were delicious, but there were literally 6 chips and we received no warning that it would not be a great appetizer for 4 adults to share. Other than that, no complaints!Special Features:
- Always a TreatLauraVIPDined on 5/11/2014Not to many one can go to by boat in Jacksonville Nippers is great for that and because they have always honored reservations, have a great menu and food. Glad you're hear in town.Special Features:
- liketoeatDined on 5/7/2014Outdoor dining fills up quickly but has a great atmosphere, live music. Food took a while but the appetizer and drinks were there quickly. It was worth the wait. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time.FloridafamilyfoodieDined on 4/7/2014Came with the family. Food is always great. Our server Clara was great. I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food with a view to matchFloridafamilyfoodieDined on 3/31/2014Came here with the family on Monday where kids eat free and made it just as happy hour was still going on. The deals are great, food was amazing, service was awesome. We had Shannon and she was very attentive esp. to the kids food and drinks. We had their wings, ceviche, chix nachos and their special salmon blt taco. Everything was on point. The view is wonderful. They had the doors open so you could really get a great view of the boats and sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!LeggsDined on 3/22/2014Food was excellent. It was a bit loud due to the packed house. If we'd not used open table to make a reservation, our wait would have been ridiculous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotkbocklVIPDined on 3/21/2014We enjoyed a simple lunch at Nippers: a burger for my husband and the guava grilled cheese for me. Both sandwiches were very good, although my husband (a meat & potatoes guy) didn't love the seasoning on his burger. My sandwich was packed with 3 cheeses and sweet guava paste on thick sourdough bread. Accompanying fries (regular for him, sweet potato for me) were hot and crisp. It's great to sit out on the patio, but apparently it was spring break and there were a lot of families with little kids running around. I love kids, but not when they're screaming right behind my head and bumping into my chair as I'm sipping my drink. Not the fault of the restaurant. Next time I'd just choose an indoor table instead. Same view, no sandbox.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was a little sloworchid41Dined on 3/16/2014Service was a little slow but had a great time and will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Florida Feel and Great FoodhaleydaveDined on 2/15/2014My wife and I were visiting our son. We wanted seafood and Nippers sounded great. We were very pleased. We started with calamari with a very unusual and tasty twist to the marinara sauce. My wife had the Ahai Tuna salad and I have the seared version. We were both vary satisfied. The staff was friendly and attentive. We will return next time are in the area. The only caution is that it is an energetic environment. If you want a quiet meal and talk, it may not be the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Eats on the WaterBillDined on 2/14/2014Food was great, service was good for a busy night. Can see the water and many boats while dining. Open kitchen is nice. Sit in thevery back for a more intimate experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be WarnedEasterDined on 2/1/2014We dined at Nippers on Saturday evening, we were early and there was only a handful of people in the restaurant. It took about 25 min to get an appetizer of 1 /2 dozen raw oysters and had to keep asking for refills finally at one hour we were server our dinner. It was ok nothing to write home about. The Music was so loud we were having to yell at one another to communicate. No one from the staff to mgt were checking on the guest. Really a bad experience and we showed it through the tip.
- Pleasant surprisekbocklVIPDined on 1/18/2014We thought Nippers would be a typical waterside bar/restaurant but were blown away by the white-tablecloth quality of the food. Fabulous baked oysters, perfectly prepared swordfish and delicious bacon wrapped shrimp that came with a corn riotto and some damn fine collard greens. We would have tried dessert but the waitress kind of tossed the check at us. We figured she wanted to go home so we paid up and left.Special Features:
- Excellent Food!CassieVIPDined on 1/18/2014The restaurant ambiance is a little uninspired but has a great waterfront view. The quality of the food more than makes up for the lack of ambiance! My spouse had Shrimp Stuffed Grouper which he said was excellent and I had the 6 oz Filet that was very tender, perfectly cooked (med rare) and had great flavor and was very we'll priced at $22. Our server, Lauren, was attentive and we were well taken care of -- we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!SandPDined on 1/10/2014Everything was great about this place. The only thing I would do different the next time I come is to pay for Valet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningRonnieDined on 12/31/2013We had a nice evening; food was good, service Was great--wish there was a better wine selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were unfamiliar with areaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013We were unfamiliar with area and looking for a place to celebrate New Year's Eve on the water. Nipper's was perfect! Good view, fun atmosphere, and great food. Also live band.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceNeecyDinesOutDined on 12/29/2013While visiting family in Jacksonville, Fl, they suggested Nippers for dinner on the last night! And since I was a fan of Kenny when he was on Top Chef, I figured this would be a win-win, and boy was I right!!! The atmosphere was very relaxed and comfortable, with a pretty nice view! This food was outstanding. You must try the scallops, shrimp, & fish (salmon)! Everything was delicious! Also, if you are dining with kids and they get the brownie dessert from the kids menu, trust me it is more than enough for the entire table!! Yes, it was that big! LOL Overall, Nippers is an excellent choice for seafood!Special Features:
- Waitress is AwesomeBFOC2000VIPDined on 11/27/2013Good service and great place and of course great food.Special Features:
- Great food, great environment!BeachboundDined on 11/1/2013We had a great spot outside. There was a band playing and it set the mood for a nice relaxing dinner. Everything we ordered was amazing!! Will def be back when we visit Jacksonville!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meals !TommyMVIPDined on 11/1/20135 of us went based on open table reviews. The place is really just so so looking but the food is terrific . Everyone raved about their meals .I would recommend this to a friend.