130 West 46th St.
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.niosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (212) 485-2999
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Lunch: Wednesday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday-Monday 3:00pm - 10:00pm Tuesday-Saturday 3:00pm-11:00pm ***Bar opens at 3pm every day.
Bar: Monday - Saturday 3:00pm - 1:00am; Sunday 3:00pm to 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jarett Brodie
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can easily accommodate all types of meetings, business functions, social events and wedding celebrations.
- Special Events: It's not just the space... all touch points of the experience are special. Whatever the request, we're quick, nimble, and attentive so each custom event is worth repeating. Your guests will enjoy a true culinary experience every time.
From unexpected, locally inspired cocktails to thoughtfully presented food, and green-friendly standards, we're happy to perk up your event as usual.
A word from NIOS
New York’s new favorite wine bar is nestled just off Broadway and ideal for any time of day. With a delectable small and large plates menu of regional American, coupled with creative cocktails, and a wine program by Master Sommelier Emily Wines, NIOS is a destination not to be missed. Whether you’re going to the theater or looking to lounge and socialize over great wines in a warm and inviting environment, NIOS has something for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
NIOS reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (14)neighborhood gem (10)romantic (7)good for groups (7)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (4)great for lunch (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)special occasion (3)Show More
- For our small group the back room dining was quietOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/19/2014Attentive service very good food quiet back room atmosphere with vibrant bar sceneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JanePJanePVIPDined on 11/7/2014I've been here many times after work (midtown NY) to have drinks and a light dinner. It's a great sot that has a hip night vibe but isn't so noisy or crowded that you can't enjoy good conversation. Good wine, pleasant, attentive and courteous staff, and great light food like the octopus, also the goat cheese and beet salad. This is one of my standby favorites. Highly recommend you try it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for FoodiesFoodieFabulousVIPDined on 11/5/2014The food and service were absolutely fabulous!! I ordered the short rib with Parmesan Brussel sprouts. Couldn't resist and ordered the chocolate dessert. Three thumbs up!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for the Laura Pels TheaterTheaterBuffVIPDined on 11/5/2014We had a pre-matinee lunch at Nios. The service was excellent, and the food was inviting and tasty (though the menu was rather short). We especially enjoyed the intimacy and ease of talking!
- Food was badRyanDined on 10/25/2014Fiancé had risotto that she didn't like, I had sliders that had cornbread and fell apart. It also took an hour and a half to get our food. Wouldn't recommend.
- KathyDined on 10/25/2014We were looking for a trendy dining spot near the theater district and we found it. A small but energetic dining room. We had the duck salad, scallops and salmon and all were delicious! We will be back!Special Features:
- Usually very good...runmom23VIPDined on 10/25/2014My prior 4-5 visits were all good pre-theatre experiences. But this meal was off. Our 1st courses came out pretty quick and were all good. Except it's awkward when only part of the party is served and you don't know how long it will be for the rest of the party to get their food. And then we waited an exceptionally long time for our entrees. At 7:25 we flagged someone down and the entrees came out a few minutes later (again at 2 different times). My DH ordered a pizzette that even listed the EVOO as an ingredient, but when it arrived it was covered in olives and tapenade. He asked the waiter to remove it and take it off the bill. It sat there the entire rest of the meal, further aggravating him. It was definitely an off night.
- Great DinnerBaby0Dined on 10/24/2014Thank you! We had a great dinner there in your restaurant and we hope to come back soon....Special Features:
- NiosLion26KingVIPDined on 10/23/2014The food was great but the server made the meal. Greek name but not a Greek restaurant, go figure. For full write-up go to www.celluloidclub.blogspot.com.Special Features:
- Better choice in Theater DistrictMichaelDined on 10/21/2014NIOS is a better, quieter choice for dinner in the Theater District. Quieter and less touristy, and the kitchen quality and service is very good.Special Features:
- Did not meet expectationsVahineDined on 10/4/2014Did not look like the website. Ambiance was too dark, almost gloomy. No warmth in ambiance or service. Ordered from the pre-fixe before the show menu. Chicken was dry and bland. Don't recall the plate my husband ordered, and his meat was dry as well. Server was not friendly, nor attentive. On the plus side, the Maitre d' greeted us warmly, presentation was lovely, dessert was very good.
- madametastealotDined on 9/25/2014Food I can cook at home and I am not the best cook. Tells you something about the food. The best thing about this restaurant were the restroom themes.
- Dark and quietTomMartyVIPDined on 9/20/2014Good for a fast meal on the way to the theater. Very dark, quiet with slow service. Prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- Perfect Anniversary DinnerAlWheatDined on 9/14/2014My husband and I went to NIOS for our first anniversary. The host and our waiter took very good care of us, helping us select a bottle of wine and bringing us some complementary champagne for the occasion. Both the entrees and dessert we got were phenomenal, and considering that this is a restaurant near Times Square, the pricing for the quality of food was very reasonable. I would highly recommend Nios for a special occasion or just an upscale night out.Special Features:
- DisappointingjackDined on 9/12/2014Wow what a disappointment. When we entered there were only two other customers. The server sat us all in a cluster. He than set another couple next to us that were very loud. After we ordered the waiter brought empty wine bottles and places them in a bin next to our table that was very annoying. The loud couple next to us were not happy with a desert selection and the waiter proceeded to argue with them over the selection. The customer may not have been right but this was a down and out disagreement. It was clear he did not want the customer to win. We were rushed all night, and felt like it was not the nice relaxing dinner we look forward to having after a 2 hour train ride. Never again at NIOS.
- great find anytime and pretheatrejoycereyVIPDined on 9/9/2014went before theatre and had a delicious small-plate dinner,... with each dish very flavorful and notably different...staff very aware of theatre timing demands and made excellent suggestions. we will definitely be back when we return to NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great pre/post theater optionmbvisVIPDined on 9/6/2014Good food, reasonably priced (for Manhattan theater district) in a convenient Times Square/theater district area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/31/2014wonderful find pre-theatre;appreciated special treatment for parents; attentive server;Special Features:
- Great value lunch specialBloomfieldgalDined on 8/27/2014A colleague of mine and I ate here this week. It was the 1st time for the both of us and was a surprise. The interior is quite nice and the service was excellent. NIOS has a $35 lunch special - three substantial appetizers of your choice, all of which were excellent. We had the lobster sliders, crab cake and tuna tataki. I would return here again for lunch, drinks with friends or dinner.Special Features:
- Limited Lunch MenuLuv4foodVIPDined on 8/20/2014Sorry - though this was a nice place to take a client for lunch. The limited menu was dissapointing but the service was excellent.
- Cozy winter spotraphNdVIPDined on 8/5/2014I arrived at 9:30 and the place was empty, which I love. It filled up shortly after with business men standing at the bar and tourists at the tables. The food was all excellent. Service seemed a little out of practice, which I can forgive. I ordered two bottles of wine. They each took a considerable amount of time to make it to the table. I wasn't in a rush, but my wine arrived after I completed my meal. We were the only ones dining at the time.Special Features:
- The following 614 reviews are from the NIOS reviews archive.
- Horrible bartender horrible foodtheirfanVIPDined on 7/17/2014Bartender has a terrible attitude .. Impossible to get his attention.. And when we did.. He wasnt hapoy being distracted from his conversation with the staff
- MKEdinerVIPDined on 7/12/2014Nios is the in-house restaurant at the Hotel Muse. We dined there before the theater and had a very nice meal. They have a reasonable fixed price menu option that has interesting selections. We opted for that and enjoyed some special treats like octopus starter and bread pudding dessert. The entrees of scallops and NY strip were nicely prepared. Noted wine list, as well. Service was well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new favoriteeatandrunDined on 7/12/2014Went to NIOS after reading good reviews, and was very pleased with the food, atmosphere and service. Its location near the theatre district was great, and the street it is on (46th) was nice and calm, compared to other streets nearby. We had rack of lamb, fried brussel sprouts, lobster sliders and crab cakes - - all very good. Will definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice placeGumbyVIPDined on 7/10/2014We were staying at the Muse and this was a pleasant find. Most Kimpton hotels have good restaurants attached. This one is no exception. If i lived in the area I would go back a nice restraint with very good food. close to but out of the hustle and bustle of Times Square.Special Features:
- MaddyVIPDined on 6/27/2014I had an early dinner at Nios. The food was good as was the service. It's a small restaurant/bar off the hotel lobby that is more appropriate for those seeking a dark, upbeat place than for someone like me looking for a meal before a show. (It was almost impossible to read the menu, it was so dark.)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining!DniceVIPDined on 6/22/2014Went for dinner with friends. Decided on the 3-course pre-fixe. Food was wonderful and first rate. The space is beautiful and the service was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Good appetizers and food. Not too many choices to pick from though. Would go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Subpar LunchLittleladyAVIPDined on 5/28/2014The lunch was unfavorable and not delicious. I wish they had more variation. My salad was soaked in dressing and super disgusting. I originally ordered their Turkey Club but it was cold and tasteless. They really need to upgrade the menu with more options and flavor.
- Great food, other aspects less soPeteDined on 5/18/2014When we first entered, the bar area raised some concerns--only drapes separate the hotel lobby from the entrance, bar furniture is nothing special, and no real organization. However, the back room, where we ate, was nice, quiet and inviting. Food was amazing and well-presented. Wine list is somewhat limited in choices and the options were not attractive to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, lacking serviceAllie1282Dined on 5/17/2014Food was inventive, fresh and delightful. Server was unattentive and borderline rude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- every detail was perfectJeffVIPDined on 5/16/2014My wife's crab cake was the best she ever had. My ravioli and scallop dish was wonderful. This is not some midtown deepfryer tourist dump...its a real restaurant and a fine choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Power LunchBirdVIPDined on 5/14/2014Met a colleague for lunch and this restaurant was the perfect pick....great food, attentive service and reasonable pricesSpecial Features:
- pleasant, relaxing & accommodatingmhenders5Dined on 5/14/2014Service was attentive and accommodating. This was a pre-theater lunch and we had no worries about finishing on time. The food was very good but not exceptional. There were not many other diners, so the room was quiet and a good spot for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review NiosMaureenDined on 5/11/2014Based on past dinners on Open table, I tried Nios, the food was good, not great and the service absolutely sucked! Definitely a disappointment
- Great pre-theater spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/7/2014We had lunch here before a matinee performance. Very good food, attentive service, not noisy, and reasonably priced. So good that we tried to go back the next Saturday but restaurant was fully booked. Reserve early!Special Features:
- Tasty, relaxing lunchlocavoreDined on 4/30/2014A friend and I met for lunch before Wednesday matinee of Motown the Musical. We had a lot to discuss, and a quiet, pleasant ambiance was key along with good food. NIOS delivered both! The service was excellent, the food delicious and well-prepared, and it was quiet. The decor is relaxing and tasteful, the location excellent and the complementary chocolate chip cookies we received were divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic eleganceMomofMaynardDined on 4/11/2014We travelled to New York from Cleveland. After attending the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction in Brooklyn, we transitioned to Muse to see Motown. Our dinner at Nios was an impeccable highlight of our weekend. The appetizers and entrees were innovative and delicious. They reserved the dessert portion of the price fixe menu for us until after the show. Paired with a nightcap, it was the polish on a perfect evening. Wonderful is an understatement for the entire Nios experience. We can't wait to return the next time we travel to The Big Apple!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Hot SpotsuefoodieVIPDined on 4/8/2014If you want dinner before a Broadway show, and are tired of eating on restaurant row,just across Broadway tucked into the Muse Hotel is Nios, a great place to go. Great drinks, (try the Eleanor Roosevelt),great food, ( Lobster sliders), or just order a cheese plate and olives, Nothing disappointsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice small restaurant - goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/7/2014Nice small restaurant - good food, great service! Liked the personal attention - which you dont always get at large restaurants. Great Theater Menu! A bit on the dark side but overall nice ambience.Special Features: