130 West 46th St.
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.niosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2124852999x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Lunch: Wednesday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday-Monday 3:00pm - 10:00pm Tuesday-Saturday 3:00pm-11:00pm ***Bar opens at 3pm every day.
Bar: Monday - Saturday 3:00pm - 1:00am; Sunday 3:00pm to 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jarett Brodie
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can easily accommodate all types of meetings, business functions, social events and wedding celebrations.
- Special Events: It's not just the space... all touch points of the experience are special. Whatever the request, we're quick, nimble, and attentive so each custom event is worth repeating. Your guests will enjoy a true culinary experience every time.
From unexpected, locally inspired cocktails to thoughtfully presented food, and green-friendly standards, we're happy to perk up your event as usual.
A word from NIOS
New York’s new favorite wine bar is nestled just off Broadway and ideal for any time of day. With a delectable small and large plates menu of regional American, coupled with creative cocktails, and a wine program by Master Sommelier Emily Wines, NIOS is a destination not to be missed. Whether you’re going to the theater or looking to lounge and socialize over great wines in a warm and inviting environment, NIOS has something for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
NIOS reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (9)neighborhood gem (9)romantic (7)notable wine list (6)good for groups (5)special occasion (4)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Dark and quietTomMartyVIPDined on 9/20/2014Good for a fast meal on the way to the theater. Very dark, quiet with slow service. Prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- Perfect Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014My husband and I went to NIOS for our first anniversary. The host and our waiter took very good care of us, helping us select a bottle of wine and bringing us some complementary champagne for the occasion. Both the entrees and dessert we got were phenomenal, and considering that this is a restaurant near Times Square, the pricing for the quality of food was very reasonable. I would highly recommend Nios for a special occasion or just an upscale night out.Special Features:
- DisappointingjackDined on 9/12/2014Wow what a disappointment. When we entered there were only two other customers. The server sat us all in a cluster. He than set another couple next to us that were very loud. After we ordered the waiter brought empty wine bottles and places them in a bin next to our table that was very annoying. The loud couple next to us were not happy with a desert selection and the waiter proceeded to argue with them over the selection. The customer may not have been right but this was a down and out disagreement. It was clear he did not want the customer to win. We were rushed all night, and felt like it was not the nice relaxing dinner we look forward to having after a 2 hour train ride. Never again at NIOS.
- great find anytime and pretheatrejoycereyDined on 9/9/2014went before theatre and had a delicious small-plate dinner,... with each dish very flavorful and notably different...staff very aware of theatre timing demands and made excellent suggestions. we will definitely be back when we return to NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great pre/post theater optionmbvisDined on 9/6/2014Good food, reasonably priced (for Manhattan theater district) in a convenient Times Square/theater district area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/31/2014wonderful find pre-theatre;appreciated special treatment for parents; attentive server;Special Features:
- Great value lunch specialBloomfieldgalDined on 8/27/2014A colleague of mine and I ate here this week. It was the 1st time for the both of us and was a surprise. The interior is quite nice and the service was excellent. NIOS has a $35 lunch special - three substantial appetizers of your choice, all of which were excellent. We had the lobster sliders, crab cake and tuna tataki. I would return here again for lunch, drinks with friends or dinner.Special Features:
- Cozy winter spotraphNdVIPDined on 8/5/2014I arrived at 9:30 and the place was empty, which I love. It filled up shortly after with business men standing at the bar and tourists at the tables. The food was all excellent. Service seemed a little out of practice, which I can forgive. I ordered two bottles of wine. They each took a considerable amount of time to make it to the table. I wasn't in a rush, but my wine arrived after I completed my meal. We were the only ones dining at the time.Special Features:
- Horrible bartender horrible foodtheirfanVIPDined on 7/17/2014Bartender has a terrible attitude .. Impossible to get his attention.. And when we did.. He wasnt hapoy being distracted from his conversation with the staff
- MKEdinerVIPDined on 7/12/2014Nios is the in-house restaurant at the Hotel Muse. We dined there before the theater and had a very nice meal. They have a reasonable fixed price menu option that has interesting selections. We opted for that and enjoyed some special treats like octopus starter and bread pudding dessert. The entrees of scallops and NY strip were nicely prepared. Noted wine list, as well. Service was well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new favoriteeatandrunDined on 7/12/2014Went to NIOS after reading good reviews, and was very pleased with the food, atmosphere and service. Its location near the theatre district was great, and the street it is on (46th) was nice and calm, compared to other streets nearby. We had rack of lamb, fried brussel sprouts, lobster sliders and crab cakes - - all very good. Will definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice placeGumbyVIPDined on 7/10/2014We were staying at the Muse and this was a pleasant find. Most Kimpton hotels have good restaurants attached. This one is no exception. If i lived in the area I would go back a nice restraint with very good food. close to but out of the hustle and bustle of Times Square.Special Features:
- MaddyVIPDined on 6/27/2014I had an early dinner at Nios. The food was good as was the service. It's a small restaurant/bar off the hotel lobby that is more appropriate for those seeking a dark, upbeat place than for someone like me looking for a meal before a show. (It was almost impossible to read the menu, it was so dark.)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining!DniceVIPDined on 6/22/2014Went for dinner with friends. Decided on the 3-course pre-fixe. Food was wonderful and first rate. The space is beautiful and the service was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Good appetizers and food. Not too many choices to pick from though. Would go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Subpar LunchLittleladyAVIPDined on 5/28/2014The lunch was unfavorable and not delicious. I wish they had more variation. My salad was soaked in dressing and super disgusting. I originally ordered their Turkey Club but it was cold and tasteless. They really need to upgrade the menu with more options and flavor.
- The following 606 reviews are from the NIOS reviews archive.
- Great food, other aspects less soPeteDined on 5/18/2014When we first entered, the bar area raised some concerns--only drapes separate the hotel lobby from the entrance, bar furniture is nothing special, and no real organization. However, the back room, where we ate, was nice, quiet and inviting. Food was amazing and well-presented. Wine list is somewhat limited in choices and the options were not attractive to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, lacking serviceAllie1282Dined on 5/17/2014Food was inventive, fresh and delightful. Server was unattentive and borderline rude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- every detail was perfectJeffVIPDined on 5/16/2014My wife's crab cake was the best she ever had. My ravioli and scallop dish was wonderful. This is not some midtown deepfryer tourist dump...its a real restaurant and a fine choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Power LunchBirdVIPDined on 5/14/2014Met a colleague for lunch and this restaurant was the perfect pick....great food, attentive service and reasonable pricesSpecial Features:
- pleasant, relaxing & accommodatingmhenders5Dined on 5/14/2014Service was attentive and accommodating. This was a pre-theater lunch and we had no worries about finishing on time. The food was very good but not exceptional. There were not many other diners, so the room was quiet and a good spot for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review NiosMaureenDined on 5/11/2014Based on past dinners on Open table, I tried Nios, the food was good, not great and the service absolutely sucked! Definitely a disappointment
- Great pre-theater spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/7/2014We had lunch here before a matinee performance. Very good food, attentive service, not noisy, and reasonably priced. So good that we tried to go back the next Saturday but restaurant was fully booked. Reserve early!Special Features:
- Tasty, relaxing lunchlocavoreDined on 4/30/2014A friend and I met for lunch before Wednesday matinee of Motown the Musical. We had a lot to discuss, and a quiet, pleasant ambiance was key along with good food. NIOS delivered both! The service was excellent, the food delicious and well-prepared, and it was quiet. The decor is relaxing and tasteful, the location excellent and the complementary chocolate chip cookies we received were divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic eleganceMomofMaynardDined on 4/11/2014We travelled to New York from Cleveland. After attending the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction in Brooklyn, we transitioned to Muse to see Motown. Our dinner at Nios was an impeccable highlight of our weekend. The appetizers and entrees were innovative and delicious. They reserved the dessert portion of the price fixe menu for us until after the show. Paired with a nightcap, it was the polish on a perfect evening. Wonderful is an understatement for the entire Nios experience. We can't wait to return the next time we travel to The Big Apple!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Hot SpotsuefoodieVIPDined on 4/8/2014If you want dinner before a Broadway show, and are tired of eating on restaurant row,just across Broadway tucked into the Muse Hotel is Nios, a great place to go. Great drinks, (try the Eleanor Roosevelt),great food, ( Lobster sliders), or just order a cheese plate and olives, Nothing disappointsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice small restaurant - goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/7/2014Nice small restaurant - good food, great service! Liked the personal attention - which you dont always get at large restaurants. Great Theater Menu! A bit on the dark side but overall nice ambience.Special Features:
- A nice find in midtownpittstownDined on 4/5/2014The menu allows either 3-course prix fixe or ala carte. They allowed us to have 2 appetizers and then split an entree. The bass was quite good! I'd go back, but there are soooo many great choices in midtown, who knows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable lunch before a matineeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/2/2014Had a very pleasant "power lunch" before a matinee at the Pells theater across the street. The servers were professional and friendly. Started off with a pumpkin bisque topped with fresh apple and toasted seeds. Followed this with the Mediterranean flat bread pizza -also fresh ingredients and tasty. This was accompanied by a glass of the house pinot grigio. At $25 was a bargain. The room is comfortable and quiet. This would also be a great place to just stop in for a glass of wine and small plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- playmomfromtheisland1Dined on 4/1/2014Again, I wanted a good meal before I and my 2 daughters went to a play. I picked this restaurant because of it's location to the theater and was not disappointed. The food was excellent! We all had a different entrée. We had no problem choosing from the varied dishes on the menu and we each concurred our dish was deleicious. Without rushing (we had dinner reservations for 6:30p.m.), we enjoyed our meal and got to the theater around the block in plenty of time.Special Features:
- Could be good pre theatreBettyCVIPDined on 3/25/2014Could be good pre theatre based on location. Food was very good. Service was erratic & inattentiveI would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/25/2014The octopus and scallop appy was sandy. Unfortunately I had scallops as an entree also and they were sandy too. They did take the appy off the bill. I have gone here in the past and it was very good. I will try it one more time.Special Features:
- not greatdonnyVIPDined on 3/20/2014For starters, as a wine bar, it was surprising a bottle of white I ordered wasn't chilled, but they did offer a couple of glasses in the house while they out a bottle in ice. The food was mediocre. Cheese plate was nice, actually. But the other items we ordered were uninspiring, not hot (temperature) enough. And the salad was not very fresh. Interesting interior design, however.
- just okDinDin76Dined on 3/13/2014This spot had a nice atmosphere but the entrance was a bit hidden and there is no hostess stand.we went on a Thursday evening and it was not busy at all but service was very slow.our side dishes came before our entrees by a good 15 mins. and the food was just warm. Overall, I won't be back considering all of the other great places to eat around NYC.Special Features:
- Pre-Theatre Fare!LisaSezDined on 3/8/2014Great for real food in the Theatre District; food is interesting, varied, and really delicious! The bathrooms are a riot, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent location near theaterbjt602Dined on 3/7/2014excellent location near theater district and good foodI would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itFoodluvDined on 3/6/2014We had the prix fixe menu - amazing . Would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater District TreatPhDTigressVIPDined on 3/1/2014My husband and I had a thoroughly enjoyable meal at NIOS prior to a concert at Carnegie Hall. The modern decor is quite attractive, the $48 prix-fixe menu is a true bargain, and the staff is courteous and efficient. The menu selections are varied and tempting -- it was almost difficult to make choices. We both enjoyed an appetizer of smoked duck that was beautifully presented, a main course of delicious sliced strip steak that was perfectly cooked and accompanied by interesting ingredients, and a sizable portion of tasty apple tarte tatin with ice cream for desert. The wine list had many good offerings by the bottle or glass. There are many restaurants in this part of midtown Manhattan, but NIOS is surely one of the best.Special Features:
- timing is keyNYCNativeVIPDined on 2/26/2014I've had two pre-theater dinners at Nios and always enjoy the food; but both times, we never made it to the pre-fixe dessert as a result of timing. 10 minutes before the curtain is too late to bring another course. Great foo, however and perfect Roundabout location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm, not hotMMoonVIPDined on 2/23/2014The food would have been excellent, but both of our appetizers and entrees arrived at room temperature. The server never smiled or in any way made us feel welcome. The quality is good for the price, but the management really needs to work on the details that make all the difference. the restuarant has potential, but I don't think we'll be back until they make an effort to appear that they want us there.