890 Second Avenue
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ninospositano.com/
- Phone: 2123555540x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire for details, or email us.
- Entertainment: Enjoy a beautiful dinner. Return to the heart of the musical world.
Every Tuesday at Nino's Positano from 7:00pm - 10:00pm
A word from Nino's Positano
Nino's Positano offers the same great Italian hospitality as Nino’s other restaurants, Nino's , Ninos Tuscany Steakhouse.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nino's Positano reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (11)romantic (10)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (5)special occasion (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great atmosphere-Fabulous food702FoodieDined on 8/14/2014I really enjoyed my meal. Took advantage of restaurant week and the special 3-course meal. Tomato & Mozzarella Salad was delicious. Then Veal Scallopini - so tender and flavorful. Completed the night with Ricotta Cheesecake and a cuppacino. Perfect!Special Features:
- Worst chicken I ever tastedHmsuwsDined on 8/14/2014Even at $25 I felt taken advantage of how bad they over cooked the chicken Marsala. More embarrassing I brought a client who ordered the chicken Marsala as wellSpecial Features:
- Italian fareOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Ordered the restaurant week menu, lamb shank was good as was the pasta-seafood substitution requested. Wine list vintage years were all wrong had to send back a wine. they offered complementary limoncello to make up for the wine issues. Nice touch....Special Features:
- Best Italian PizzaReddevilsVIPDined on 8/2/2014There are tons of Italian restaurants in our neighborhood, but Nino's is our go-to Italian because of its excellent pastas and pizzas. The pizzas are the closest things to what we got in Italy. Very thin. So thin that you'll have to use your knives and forks just like you do in Italy.Special Features:
- Good Italian in NYBob13wVIPDined on 8/1/2014Nice experience. Good caesar salad. Had spaghetti with Italian sausage and it was very good. Service was very attentive. We will return.
- Solid mealNYCJulieDined on 8/1/2014This isn't necessarily a hot spot but that's part of its charm. It is an old school Italian spot with delicious food and wine. We sit outside and slowly eat our course including the delicious tartufo for dessert. I'll definitely come back for another relaxing night outSpecial Features:
- amc29amc29Dined on 7/30/2014We ate from the restaurant menu prix fix. We had several choices. The portion sizes were satisfying and the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, attentive staffRobertWVIPDined on 7/26/2014We had a great meal, the seafood over linguini was outstanding. We will definitely be back soon. The waiter made great recommendations for wine choice. Food was served piping hot, everything prepared freshly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!sadieDined on 7/22/2014My cousin wanted Italian food - Nino's did not disappoint, I would definitely fo there again! M. NolascoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful - so disappointingmb1218Dined on 7/22/2014Walked in - some nasty woman barked "do you have reservations?" (we did - but it didn't matter - the restaurant was EMPTY). Bread was not hard, it was stale. Caprese salad came - had to ask for oil and vinegar. Pasta was drenched in a sauce that tasted like it came from a jar. Had my handbag on the floor - when I picked it up, there were crumbs all over the bottom of the bag. Got home and needed Pepto to stop the nausea. Don't go - just pass on this one.
- I wanted to like it.EalperVIPDined on 7/3/2014We arrived early for our 7:15 reservations and was sat right away. There was only 2 other tables in the restaurant. We ordered fried calamari and baked clams for appetizers and they arrived cold. Our meals Arrived an hour later. Our server kept saying he checked on our food and it was coming. No food an hour later. The only redeeming factor was the bartender or was very nice. Everything else was very below par.Special Features:
- Great Service for Biz lunchTheDinerVIPDined on 6/26/2014With a group of 7 for lunch on a tight schedule the restaurant was very flexible in quickly assembling a menu to help move things along. The food was excellent and service quick but not hurried.Special Features:
- High quality and reasonable for NYBaybreezeDined on 6/23/2014There's always something for everyone here. As high end as you'd like or as simple as delicious gourmet pizza. Worst case the accommodating staff will customize something else to please. Price fixe lunch us a great deal too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three for ThreeChuckVIPDined on 6/21/2014This was my third time at Nino's, and each one has been great. Our waiter Ave was terrific, and after he let us know the specials, he made sure that we knew that they could accomodate any special orders. If they had it in the kitchen, they could make it. the lamb chops were excellent, as was the chicken parm. I tried a pizza for the first time, and this was very good, but I prefer my crust a bit more crispy. the cheese and mushrooms were excellent. Large portions on everything including the gelato!Special Features:
- Great food and great serviceChuckVIPDined on 6/6/2014Second trip to Nino's. 1st time 2 months ago had Sea Bass and Eggplant Parmesan (excellent as was the service). This time started with Caesar Salad and Beet Salad with warm Goat Cheese; both outstanding. Entrees were Sea Bass and Branzino; both excellent. The sides were outstanding; greens with garlic and very crispy roasted potatoes. Wine list is nice, prices moderately high but not outrageous. Food pricing is good for the quality and portions, making this a good value. Staff were very attentive, friendly, and helpful. The ambiance quiet, decor "old world Italy"; a great place to have conversation. Truly enjoyed both of my meals there, and will return again and often. Pasta selections look incredible, and will try that next!Special Features:
- Decent foodTobyonekenobieDined on 5/25/2014Had the fish special...fantastic. Tried my wife's pizza...not so good. The pasta special another member of the party had was good but there wasn't much pasta and the calamari was rubbery. The mussels were delicious as was the lobster. The wine list had some wonderful wines if you have $300 to drop, otherwise the selection was sparse.
- The following 319 reviews are from the Nino's Positano reviews archive.
- Great lunch spotNickDined on 5/22/2014A really good place for a business lunch in the Turtle Bay area. Unlike many cramped restaurants in the neighborhood, there is plenty of space and it is quiet enough to have a conversation. The menu has a wide range of dishes and everything I have tried has been well prepared. The set lunch is good value. One of the best Italian restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried and true - and gelato!OliviaPVIPDined on 5/13/2014Can always count on a good dinner. The staff is very friendly -- Christian is a great waiter. Look forward all winter long to the delicious gelato that's offered on the street during warmer weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails!!Yummy325VIPDined on 5/9/2014Niño's is delicious and the staff is wonderful! I have been going there for the last 6 years and I am never disappointed. The food is great and the pizzas are yummy. The staff is friendly and welcoming and don't rush you through your meal. You get to enjoy and dine! The wine list us great and has a wide variety of both wines and prices. The new menu is fabulous with the homemade pastas and the best chicken parmigiana in the city!!! I bring all my friends there and everytime they visit....they want to go back!Special Features:
- 2 restaraunts in oneBillDined on 4/6/2014Restaurant cut into a romantic traditional Italian restaurant and an upscale casual pizza restaurant great for families. Each has it's charms. Food great core Italian!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was not attentiveMpf1VIPDined on 3/12/2014Service was not attentive at all, despite being in the restaurant before 6:00PM with very few other customers. My pizza was cold and probably cooked hours before.
- 2nd Avenue GemArl10019Dined on 3/2/2014Took out of towners here for Sunday lunch and had booked it for NYC Restaurant Week. However, we were told they didn't participate on weekends so we were disappointed anticipating the cost would be unreasonable. Turned out fine - we shared the calamari which was awesome; guests had spaghetti w/ clam sauce and I had eggplant parm -enjoyed by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New try for restaurant weekBarbnyDined on 2/27/2014Wanted to try some place outside of the mldtown area. Good place and can see it as a neighborhood go-to. Very nice and attentive service. Knowledgable on their food specials and how menu items are prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything okay until the desserts.junkfoodjunkieDined on 2/26/2014Food and service at this restaurant are good. We had the restaurant week menus which offered a nice selection of options and everything was good until the desserts arrived. The desserts were the not so good and we tried one of each.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time there & very pleasedTonyDined on 2/21/2014My wife and I met friends who did not live in NY. They asked us to make reservations. I picked Nino's after reviewing their menu on line because it was restaurant week and the price fix meals seemed very reasonable. We arrived at 7:30 one half hour before our reservation time. They seated us with no problem. All four of our orders were enjoyed by all of us. The restaurant was quiet and we were able to enjoy each others company without struggling to hear each other. I have high standards for Italian food coming from an Italian family of excellent chefs. All in all the food was excellent the waiters were attentive and responsive and the atmosphere contributed to what was a very enjoyable evening. I recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood, too!BarryWindDined on 2/11/2014This was a wonderful experience. For an app, I ordered a pizza from their next door pizzeria, Bellissima. Yum!Special Features:
- Not much to say. First, IFoodFileDined on 2/8/2014Not much to say. First, I want to be clear that the staff is not to blame for Nino's problems. The staff is about the only good thing that Nino's has going for it. They were all friendly and professional. The food is a different story. You can tell that Nino's might have been good at one point, but got lazy and deteriorated along the way. The pasta is godawful considering the price. Mushy, bland, and boring. Would be fine if Nino's was supposed to be your local grungy neighborhood pizza joint, but they seem to pride themselves (and price themselves) as if they are something more than that. Pasta was on par with, or worse than, the somewhat sad Olive Garden. Unless prices were slashed, I would avoid this place.
- Dine in the sunken dining roomLEXaveDined on 2/6/2014The pizzeria is nice, but head downstairs to the dining room. It's past the bar and it the bar is noisy they have a curtain to semi-close off the dining room so it stays peaceful. It really makes for a romantic experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Slow ServiceSnipdoggydogVIPDined on 1/30/2014I wanted a restaurant where my friend and I could hold a conversation. Nino's Positano was perfect for that and the food was very good. I had the buffalo mozzarella and tomato salad and the pasta special which was linguine with seafood and marinara sauce. My friend had the beet salad and the same pasta. All of the dishes were very good and the portions generous. The atmosphere is also very nice although it was not crowded on a Thursday night. The only criticism was our waiter was not very attentive and we had to wait too long to order a drink after he gave us the menus. We were seated at a nice table in the back corner but I felt we got a little ignored. Otherwise I really enjoyed the meal and will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a date!TullyBDined on 1/27/2014We had a drink at the bar before we sat for dinner. It's an unassuming bar that a couple sits down from the maitre d' and a couple steps up from the dining room. In all the hustle & bustle if Midtown, this is a great escape bar. Then we feasted in the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUS!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/25/2014Definately will go back to try more dishes. Staff was very pleasant and attentive. The Veal Sorrentino was excellent. Benny, the manager was wonerful. We can't wait to go back with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Affordable ItalianBob13wVIPDined on 1/23/2014In my opinion this is the most affordable and very good Italian food in NY City. Service is wonderful, people very friendly and the restaurant does not stuff you into a small space. The oven pizza was great and my dining partner had rigatoni with meatballs and said it was very good. We will be back on our next trip in to NY.
- Classic Italian!RicNYCDined on 1/21/2014From the food to the wine to the murals on the walls: this is a classic Italian restaurant! In a way it's a romantic place with the murals, the pianist, the white tablecloths,etc. But it's relatively moderately priced. We actually started off with a pizza from their restaurant next door, Bellisima, and then a veal chop & fish for entrees. Everything was delicious.Special Features:
- Consistently delicious!ShipsterDined on 1/14/2014I have been dining at Nino's for nearly 9 years as and when I travel to NYC for business. The food has always been spectacular and the service staff even better! It is a friendly atmosphere that is fit for a romantic dinner with your spouse/significant other as well as appropriate for business meetings with groups up to 8 - both of which I have done quite frequently and as recently as this week. I can't say enough about Nino's Positano...so just make your reservation and have the dining experience you've been waiting for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot wine.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/31/2013We like fine wine, and its clear that some/all of the bottles are not held in temperature controlled conditions.
- Would go backLakegirlDined on 12/27/2013This is a little restaurant on the east side, midtown, away from the tourist traffic. Food and service were very good for our party of six. We had a reservation at 7pm and the place was nearly empty when we arrived, but was very busy when we left. Caesar salad was notably good.Special Features:
- Christmas dinner italian stylebirthdaygirlDined on 12/25/2013an enjoyable place to celebrate with family or friends, serving authentic Italian food and wine. reasonably priced. good, friendly service.Special Features:
- Great Family RestaurantMayaDined on 12/20/2013A good family owned restaurant that had a lot of options, including pizza. Great food and good wine.Special Features:
- Nice cozy atmoshpere, food4everdinerDined on 12/20/2013Nice cozy atmoshpere, food well prepared Alcohol reasonably pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- newintownnewintownDined on 12/19/2013comfortable ambience, not too extravagant, but cozy, friendly service, great food. Sublte and low key, but of great value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.