1354 First Avenue
New York, NY 10021Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ninosnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 988-0002
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 11:45am - 10pm
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday: 11:45am-11pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Carlos Acevedo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Piano Music from Tuesday- Saturday staring 8pm
- Special Events: We host all types of Special and Private Events.
Call us to discuss details!
A word from Nino's
First class treatment from soup to nuts marks this eastside shining star where terrific Northern Italian cuisine produce a great dining experience; a pianist adds to the "romantic mood". -ZagatContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nino's reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (23)neighborhood gem (21)special occasion (18)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (8)notable wine list (8)great for lunch (6)late-night find (6)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Nino's is a classicTheDinerVIPDined on 11/20/2014Nino's is a great upper east side restaurant with the ultimate in personal service and attention. Add in the live entertainment and you have a really wonderful food and musical evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable al the way around.Live2eatDined on 11/8/2014Food was great, we did not feel rushed during our meal. Service was the best and Nino took the time to make sure we were happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They CareTheDinerVIPDined on 10/17/2014Nino's is great. Warm and inviting atmosphere. Baby Grand Piano right in the main dining room. Fresh and great food. You can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Midtown or uptown. Just the bestJeffVIPDined on 10/11/2014Had yet another great meal at ,Nino's. E.second age at 47th st and now at First ave at 74th st. Nino is the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just ok for lunchvegetableman11VIPDined on 9/30/2014The staff is friendly, service is slow considering there were only 2 tables at lunch time. I came with my daughter for a quick bite after her Dr appointment. We sat down at 12pm and left at 1:30pm. We only had main courses, no apps, no dessert. I ordered the parmigian crusted chicken that was good and my daughter had spaghetti with sauce, that she enjoyed. I have a feeling the chef got to work late and that is why it took so long to get our food.Special Features:
- love this spotsweeny2Dined on 9/25/2014After spending hours at a local hospital it was so very nice to walk around the block and be greeted and seated immediatley in this lovely restaurant. The food, service was better than I expected..should have known better-small intimate neighborhood is always better. I have remade another reservation. Terrific placeSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/21/2014Outstanding in every respect..great food great atmosphere and terrific service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- return eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Saturday evening my wife and I returned to Nino's after a two year absence (moved to Brussels, Belgium) and I'm happy to report that the excellent service and food didn't change one iota in that time frame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great piano playerRemitaturVIPDined on 9/13/2014Food good, service great classic place for a date. The piano player makes every enjoy themselves.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2014Too much garlic. Weird crowd. Would not recommend
- Classic DiningrobkapVIPDined on 8/30/2014I was looking for an Italian restaurant with a piano player and found Ni no's. The Caesar salad was made in front of us and was very good. My grilled salmon was very good and dessert was very good. The music was "classic tunes" So all in all a nice dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Great meal!ftsmjsVIPDined on 8/13/2014Nice menu selection with excellent service. Thanks to Eli and Stacy for taking such good care of us:)Special Features:
- never againBigDonDined on 8/8/2014If you want to be ignored by your waiter, have awful '70s music piped in overhead, be the only one under 75 years old in the place, and overpay for average food, this is the place for you. I practically had to set off a grenade to get my waiter's attention, one dish came to the table almost raw and took forever to fix. There are many good places to eat in NYC, this is NOT one of them.
- ShadyCharacterDined on 8/8/2014Quite good - not great, but above average. Wine list a bit limited and overpriced. Almost no bottles under $40.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nino's is a sad experiencedinerDined on 8/7/2014We haven't been there in 20 years and we will not be backSpecial Features:
- Love2EatDined on 8/5/2014Great service (truly exceptional), good food, relaxing dinner, a stand-out evening!Special Features:
- PTGFOLKSDined on 8/2/2014CHARMING RESTAURANT, CAME IN FROM N.J. AUG. 2nd, ALWAYS A PLEASURE TO DINE THERE. HAVE SPENT MANY ENJOYABLE HOLIDAY DINNERS HERE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014We had a wonderful time. The service was great. The wine was amazing. The food was delicious and plentiful. Nino came to our table and shared stories. Very warm experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Food At It's FinestFoodNinjaDined on 8/2/2014I took my wife here to celebrate her birthday. Everything was amazing, from the food, to the service it was all top notch. We look forward to our next meal there,Special Features:
- Good food and nice service.Uma5Dined on 8/1/2014My party and I had a lovely time at this restaurant. The service was very nice and the food really good. But it isn't for young people; the ambiance and the music was meant for a romantic dinner or more for older people.Special Features:
- Great staff, Disappointing foodsocialDined on 7/31/2014We visited during Restaurant Week, and I had expected something special, given patrons' reviews. The staff was very pleasant and attentive. But the food was only mostly good, not better. The appetizer of 3 full-size meatballs seemed very strange, and the meatballs, while average in flavor, were rather hard in texture. We both ordered a lamb shank, which was very tasty, but not unusual. The dessert, tiramisu, was very tasty. I do't usually enjoy tiramisu, but this was very good.
- theshoefit2Dined on 7/30/2014Good food and well made drinks, but I feel that I didn't get what I paid for $$-wiseSpecial Features:
- I doubt I'd return...JohnFDined on 7/30/2014I'll start with the positive and say the waiter was great and not only served us well but also was very conversational (which I liked but my father-in-law did not). I'll also say the pianist was fantastic and was one of the highlights of the night. That said, the food was good but not great except for the bread which was crusty and soft and almost perfect. But my biggest memory of the night was a seemingly innoxious glass of wine which my wife ordered per the recommendation of the waiter. And it wasn't because it was a good choice - my wife enjoyed it - but the cost. It was $19 a glass and at no time was this told to us when she ask him to suggest a wine. So she had two glasses and we were shocked when the bill came. A real downer.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findSourpatchDined on 7/30/2014Very friendly wait staff. Very efficient. Great selection for late lunch. Great portions. Prices commensurate with food selection and portions.Special Features:
- good classic ItalianNYOrangecatVIPDined on 7/29/2014I and friend went for NYC Restaurant Week. What really stood out was that their service was exquisit. Every waiter, waitress and busboy knew who is having which. No "Who's having coffee?". Everyone was very friendly in sophiscated ways. Food was mix. My friend's seafood pasta and chocolate mousse was wonderful. My pasta with small shrimps tasted a little blunt and didn't have much flavor other than tomato sauce. There was a big group of people for birthday celebration next to us, but they kept their voice low and behaved very classy which we appreciated.Special Features:
- ExcellentLArtystVIPDined on 7/29/2014Nino's has been a neighborhood gem for about 20 years. The food is always perfectly cooked to perfection with seasonal flavors, and the service is outstanding and Nino is the ultimate gentleman host.Special Features:
- The following 507 reviews are from the Nino's reviews archive.
- Good Food & Loud PianoHomeChefDined on 7/26/2014The food was good as we got to enjoy the assortment of Restaurant Week options. Meatballs, salad, linguini with seafood, and rigatoni were all tasty. However, the cheesecake was curled and not good at all. The ambiance was nice until the piano player came on with a volume level much too high for a space so small. They really need to bring in an audio sound engineer to work on the acoustics and keep the diners from jumping in on the singing as one gentleman seemed to believe that it was karaoke night. I might go back but probably during a special deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met my expectationsFoodieVIPDined on 7/25/2014I was eager to try Ninos especially after the great reviews but am always cautious and so when I saw Nino's was participating in restaurant week I jumped at opportunity to try. We were not disappointed. The restaurant menu was diverse enough although there were more scrumptious plates on the main menu. We tried the restaurant week menu never the less. Each course was tasty, and just pure Italian. Great wine list. Our favorite part of the evening was the pianist - just romantic, charming and such a beautiful voice. I would definitely recommend. It didn't seem like a 'late night' place - by 10:30pm it was starting to clear out (which we are not use to). Its definitely a neighborhood GEM - GO GO GO!!!Special Features:
- Restaurant week at Nino'sjucoonthetownDined on 7/25/2014Great dinner menu for restaurant week. Friendly staff, good food. We had funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CJNYCCJNYCVIPDined on 7/22/2014the lamb is very good , especial sauce is fantasy , but desert is not so goodSpecial Features:
- MimiColiDined on 7/22/2014good entries and dessert. Tomatoes in the Salmon sauce were not fresh, however. An Italian restaurant without great tomatoes is not a great enforcement.Special Features:
- Great food and service!AisddsDined on 7/19/2014Great meal. Pasta was perfect! Desserts were delicious! Will go back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service & food excellentTP43Dined on 7/19/2014We were there for first time. We would definite go back again. Dino was a gem and service and ambiance was excellentSpecial Features:
- ReliableCPWNYCDined on 7/16/2014Food is good; service excellent and the live pianist later in the evening was a special touch. A perfect evening with friends can begin and end here-they never rush the diners out the door!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2014Pleasant dining experience enjoyed by all. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceAlexAnderDined on 7/3/2014Excellent food and amazing service for a fair price. Great for a quiet romantic evening.Special Features:
- A GREAT FIND!linda94705VIPDined on 6/14/2014We chose Nino's based on Open Table reviews and location, and we were not disappointed. Such a fun evening -- not only good Italian food, but festive, old-fashioned ambiance complete with live music playing old favorites. Local regulars take turns singing their favorites along with requests. We even danced!Special Features:
- ComfortableMickieDined on 6/7/2014Love the atmosphere especially the live music.......all who plays piano and sings is great! Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ClassOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014Everything about this place was first class. The moment you walk in your royal treatment begins. The staff and managers make you feel incredibly welcome. They take the time required to address all your questions and concerns. The service was exceptional!! As for the food: my group shared a ceasar salad which was prepared table side! We then moved to the homemade pastas, which were truly decadent. We all had different entrees and loved every single one. Let me tell you the Rack of Lamb was the best I have ever had! The desserts were fresh and delicious. Overall an excellent experience.Special Features:
- We will returnReal4427VIPDined on 5/25/2014A friend of ours suggested Nino's. Since there are a few restaurants we decided on this one. Great food and service. We will try the Nino's on 58th next. Keep the great food coming!Special Features: