39 W 46th St.
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Contemporary ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ninos46.com/
- Phone: 2127194015x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 7:00am - 10:00pm, Friday: 7:00am - 10:30pm, Saturday: 9:00am - 11pm,
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Executive Chef: Franco Vendome
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have catered for 30 years serving the midtown area. Please feel free to contact us to cater your event.
A word from Ninos 46
Our family-owned, traditional Italian midtown restaurant is back! Bigger and better than ever,” Nino’s 46” is now serving , lunch and dinner daily as well as brunch on the weekends. Stop by for our delicious wood fired brick oven pizza, our handcrafted pasta and homemade desserts. Join us for a glass of wine, a cocktail or an espresso. No matter what you choose from our re-invented menu, you will not be disappointed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ninos 46 reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (23)great for lunch (21)romantic (16)good for groups (12)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (9)special occasion (8)notable wine list (7)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- a Nite at NinostwallDined on 10/19/2014Attended a play in the area wanted to dine right after found ninos on yelp and would definitly go along with all the people this is a hidden gem great time and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014We found this restaurant on open table & chose it based on the reviews. I wonder if we were looking at the wrong reviews. We arrived a few minutes early and waited at least 20 minutes after our scheduled reservation (the only place we had to wait for our reservation on our trip). The environment had a cold loud feeling and was not very comfortable. After being served warm water and looking at the menu we all wanted to leave but stuck it out because we were hungry and not sure how long it would take to find another place. The menu was very limited, we all basically settled for something as we were not really interested in what they had to offer. The food was not great & the service was not any better. We couldn't leave fast enough.
- Great food and vibrant but slowDonDDined on 10/17/2014Been there twice now and both times food has been very tasty, especially the pizza. Tends to be very loud so keep in mind if want to have more meaningful conversation. Big problem this past time was the unbelievably slow and inattentive service. They were crowded for lunch, but no excuse not to offer bread, water and soda refills, and take more than 30 minutes to bring a salad. Rarely do I stiff a waiter on a tip, but I did that day. Unacceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food in the theater districtlauriebVIPDined on 10/12/2014we had a great dinner here. for those who are gluten free- tey hae gf bread, pasta and many entrees can be made gluten free. you must try the butterscotch pudding dessert- it isnt made with jello- it is delicious.!!Special Features:
- Delicious family restaurantsffood18VIPDined on 10/11/2014Excellent food in a friendly setting, amazing sea bass, fried pumpkin and pizza.Special Features:
- Great Pre Theater findSuburbanGalVIPDined on 10/11/2014Went to this place before a broadway show with a group of 6. First time. We all had something different, fish, pasta, meat. Everyone loved their dish. Best pasta I have had in a long while. The specials were interesting, the wine choice was good. The prices reasonable considering the area. Only problem that night was the delays coming out of the kitchen. Not all appetizers and entrees were served with the others so some had to wait a while before they wre served while the others were eating. Other than that, very good. Would definitely keep this one on my pre theatre list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatyayfoodDined on 10/11/2014Food was absolutely awesome, but it was inexpensive, especially for that quality of food. The inside of the restaurant was adorable. The servers had some issues with speaking English, but they in general got the point and were very nice. Not super fancy, but elegant to an extent which was perfect for a nice lunch.Special Features:
- IngrinDined on 10/10/2014Very mediocre food, We ordered 6 appetizers: the portions are small and lacking flavor. Main course - wild salmon was decent but nothing special; bronzino - quite oily; rib eye steak even though seemingly cooked right was very chewy and had no flavor. The only dishes we actually enjoyed was rasberry sorbet and bread. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Nino's 46, NYCMFOGenevaDined on 10/9/2014I enjoyed this experience. If I have one criticism it's that the menu is limited, so don't expect and abundance of choices, But, what is offered is well prepared and tasteful. I recommend the bruttata appetizer and the fettucine with short rib ragu. The wine list is well chosen and acceptably priced for NYC. The service was attentive. This is a small place, so reservations are recommended.
- disappointingJhhcpaDined on 10/9/2014inwas recommended to the place. Was a big let down. Food not good. Service apathetic. Will not return. Waste of time and money
- Fine for a quick lunchMPW1208Dined on 10/9/2014Went here for lunch and it was fine. Between the three of us, we got 3 different sandwiches...the best one being the meatball parm. Meatball was good, but a bit dry. The sandwich would've benefited from some extra marinara sauce. It's a bit of a hole in the wall, but filled up very quickly! Service was just okay, not really good...but nothing offensive.Special Features:
- Fantastic!gr8foodDined on 9/30/2014Went with a party of six and everyone loved their meal. The owner was very attentive and made the experience extra special. A nice respite from the hectic pace of Times Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotLisaSDined on 9/29/2014The food is delicious! The pastas are made from scratch, the pizza is so so good, the service is great AND they have great gluten free options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pasta in NYCRickCulletonDined on 9/27/2014The service stated off a little slow but the food more than made up for it. I'm not usually a big fan of pasta but this was fantastic and obviously home made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay, but not worth a second tripOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Limited wine list. Perhaps short staffed, but needed another server. Food good, but not memorable. In touristy area and reasonably priced, so we got what we paid for.
- Pre-theater treatTSM660Dined on 9/23/2014Having lived in NYC in another lifetime, my wife and I moved upstate in 1993. We get to town every once in awhile, but were looking for a non-touristy place to go before a show on our anniversary. My foodie son got online and found Nino's 46. I was a little skeptical thinking 46th Street east of 6th Avenue was mostly lunch oriented. Well, we were more than pleased with our time at Nino's. The scene was pretty local, the service was gracious and attentive, the food was really, really good and the prices were reasonable - all you really need for a successful restaurant. So, we would definitely return and plan to recommend it to our friends. A great find for us.Special Features:
- Overall a great value and good foodSEMGuruVIPDined on 9/18/2014First visit was certainly good enough to justify a return trip and that is saying somethings because 46 street is lined with a plethora of hot new foos trucks and some other great restaurants.Special Features:
- Another tourist trap in midtownChrisrnycDined on 9/15/2014The service was slow and spotty the meal a little on the pricey side and really nothing special the place very noisy
- Average RestaurantJohnKVIPDined on 9/13/2014Ninos 46 was average, but it wasn't anything special. We wouldn't recommend it. It was pricey for what we received...
- MicheleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Had the drunkin chicken parm sandwich. The bread was hard and crusty, toasted too much. My daughter had the ship scampi. She could not eat it. It tasted like it was cooked in olive oil only. No butter or garlic. I gave her the rest of my sandwich and tried her scampi. Took a bite and decided not to eat it. Didn't have time to send it back as we had a show to go to. Will never eat there again.Special Features:
- Amazing food!coopaloopDined on 9/11/2014Great fresh and super flavorful Italian food! Amazing gluten free options too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than average ?OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/10/2014It's ok... Nothing great, nothing bad. The pizza dough used is simply delicious, but overall the food is quite average. Not expensive at all, which is a plus; extremely noisy & loud, which is a minus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very warmTheatreGuyDined on 8/27/2014I read a prior review that indicated that there was not a strong air conditioning presence and should have paid attention. I went on possibly the warmest day of this summer and continued to melt throughout my lunch. The meal was served promptly despite relative inattention from the waiter. My salad was very good although the grilled chicken was hard and dry. My guest's pomodoro looked good. I might try it again in the winter, but maybe not.
- Good Food slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014I have been here a few times, the service staff is par. Not attentive and absent minded. I need to remind them for my drinks and bread for the table, they have forgotten my food order one time (meatloaf. Not hard to prepare its already cooked) so my guests had to wait while they fast tracked it. Often can’t get a hold of the wait staff that is up near the bar even when the place is slow It’s a convenient place proximity wise and the food is good. They just need to step up the staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014The food was good the Mac and cheese bites was great. I just wish there were more choices on the menuSpecial Features:
- Meh...RobinhswVIPDined on 8/22/2014We wanted a quick Italian dinner pre theater without dealing with Times Square congestion, and found Nino's on Open Table. I order orichette with was over sauced and way too al dente, my daughter's pizza - with bacon, crab meat and marscapone tasted as peculiar as it sounds and my husbands lasagna was cold. It was, however, very flavorful. Unfortunately, we were almost done picking at our meals by the time his reheated lasagna came back. Then they confused our check with another table and charged us the incorrect amount. The restaurant, while antiquey looking is very dark and not well air conditioned . Oh well- the play we saw was great!
- great eatsfuninnyDined on 8/20/2014Great way to start off an evening. We were a party of four, we ordered an appy, a pizza, a salad, a pasta dish and the fried pumpkin and shared everything delicious and one dessert just enough before the theater. Good service, nice atmosphere. I would definetly be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing!FoodienotsofoodieVIPDined on 8/11/2014Met a friend here for lunch and wasn't sure what to expect. I got a simple salad but even that was great! My friend got the shrimp scampi and it looked good. he said it was good too! Definitely coming back to try the pizza!Special Features:
- Reservations don't matter...luv2dineDined on 8/6/2014We booked reservations via Open Table for a party of 7 and had to wait almost 40min for our table, while they seated 2-3 other tables of 2 & 3 ahead of us. When we finally got a table there was no, sorry for the long wait, no complementary drinks or appetizers. They rushed us out, putting our check on the table before we even finished our meal; and to top it off it was so loud and noisy I could barely hear myself!Special Features:
- Great food, noisy vibemeanjeanDined on 7/28/2014It would sound funny to call something so close to the theater district a neighborhood gem, but once you walk in to Nino's you feel like you've stepped into a Village hideaway-if you want away from tourists in the area, this place is perfect. The food was excellent...my fettuccini with lobster and shrimp was one of the best pasta dinners I've ever eaten, and my friend's lasagna rated high as well. Only downer was the very LOUD party seated next to us, and in the small space the loudness just bounced from wall to wall. But I would definately go here again.Special Features:
- Goof Family dinner with kidsJBSSDined on 7/27/2014We went for an early dinner with young children. The food was really good and there were many items that were appropriate for kids. The adults and children equally enjoyed it. We would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Great service and foodDottodotVIPDined on 7/23/2014Food and drinks were exceptional. Our server (I think maybe his name was Eric?) was outstanding... he was very patient and accommodating with some demanding/high maintenance people in our group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just AverageFoodieDined on 7/18/2014Well the bread and butter of any Italian place is the fantastic flavour of the Marinara sauce, sadly this places does not cut it for me. I ordered the eggplant parm with spaghetti and marinara. The eggplant was heavily breaded deep fried and looked like it has been stored in the freezer and then nuked. It was dry and tasteless, the pasta was cooked Al dente but the marinara from off the shelf Ragu would have tasted better. I asked for soup as an appetizer and they didn't have it. Also I overheard a conversation between the waiter and a paterson why an entree was being charged 2 US$ extra compared to the listed price, the waiter said something about customization charge.... damn. The patron was not happy. I don't think I am returning!
- decent and quick foodes1814Dined on 7/17/2014overall good lunch fare - busy. i had a salad - which was ordinary. Pizza may be more of a menu option.Special Features:
- Great GF Italian in Little BrazilNztravelsDined on 7/13/2014Excellent service, really great food - everything was delicious. We have a Coeliac in the family and the chef here is too, which means you can feel safe eating here. The staff are all very knowledgeable about the menu and GF requirements, they even brought out GF bread when the rest of us had ours. We ate there twice in four nights in NYC, and would recommend it highly to others, GF or not!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Gluten Free FoodLoriFromReadingDined on 7/12/2014We were pleased to find this restaurant with an extensive gluten fee menu. The staff was very helpful and even provided separate gluten free bread and olive oil for starters. The portions were generous and service was great. We went here between a matinee and night-time Broadway show so made reservations in order to be able to fit everything in. We will add this to our list of places for eating around NYC.Special Features:
- family owned Italian restaurantFoodieDined on 7/7/2014Nino's has been there since there since the early 80s. Great food reasonably priced Dark wood tables. ..reservations later in the week are a mustSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebratingmannersDined on 7/2/2014The food isn't bad but the waiter needs some help with their manners. This place is not fit for a big group, the waiter was annoyed that we where loud. But we are a grough of 11 if they can't handle that then they should not allow that number for reservation, or set the other gl table further since we are such a big group.Special Features:
- Love this placeTGWinNYCVIPDined on 7/1/2014Nino's is a great find. Excellent homemade pasta and pizzas and prices are reasonable. It's one of my go-to's in midtownSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and a Great Value!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/1/2014Best under the radar midtown spot I've eaten at in 10 years. Not fancy, but good NYC vibe. Great for an informal business lunch with colleagues or a friend.Special Features: