39 W 46th St.
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Contemporary ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ninos46.com/
- Phone: (212) 719-4015
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 7:00am - 10:00pm, Friday: 7:00am - 10:30pm, Saturday: 9:00am - 11pm,
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Executive Chef: Franco Vendome
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have catered for 30 years serving the midtown area. Please feel free to contact us to cater your event.
A word from Ninos 46
Our family-owned, traditional Italian midtown restaurant is back! Bigger and better than ever,” Nino’s 46” is now serving , lunch and dinner daily as well as brunch on the weekends. Stop by for our delicious wood fired brick oven pizza, our handcrafted pasta and homemade desserts. Join us for a glass of wine, a cocktail or an espresso. No matter what you choose from our re-invented menu, you will not be disappointed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ninos 46 reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (52)fit for foodies (36)great for lunch (25)romantic (24)good for groups (16)notable wine list (15)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (11)special occasion (10)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014Food was very good. The rigatoni was cooked just right. The sweet potato fries were excellent. And the tiramisu is the best I've had in a long time. The burrata could have a softer/creamier inside. Minos could benefit from a better wine selection. The place was very noisy. Not good for conversations among friends. The reservations were late by half an hour. We felt the owner / chef should have comped us something for keeping us waiting so long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Little Place for Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014The bread they give you at first is not good, it's hard. But the entrees and the fried pumpkin are good. I had the chicken Marsala and the mushrooms were super juicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a bright spot...cmvos042Dined on 11/15/2014I never go with getting the pumpkin chips - fantastic. Pizza is great, the specials are always good, and the ambience is exactly what I want in a cozy midtown restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spontaneous find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014In NYC for a long weekend with my 2 teenage kids, looking for something different and off the path but affordable. Food was awesome, quant setting close to Time Square. Best Fettucini we've ever had! Great lasagna too! Kids loved it, and it didn't break our budget.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/15/2014Great! It had a brick oven in the back which provided warmth and amabience. Food was fresh and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian Food and ServiceRoxanneDined on 11/15/2014Excellent Italian Food and service in cozy atmosphere. A little gem tucked away on 46th street. Gluten free and home made pasta available which were delicious. Delicious cappuccino and dessert. Brick oven pizza available and bar with large screen TV. Wine list available also. Good for couples, friends and family. I will return when I come back to NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014We found this restaurant on OpenTable. We would not have otherwise known about it. What a great find! Very close to time square and radio city musical. A quiet, intimate location. The food was excellent. The night we ate there the special was a short rib fettuccine that was to die for. I would highly recommend. Very friendly and professional staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Meal before a showAJA926Dined on 11/14/2014Shoe-horned into a rustic, brickwalled space, active bar and attentive table service. Professional wait staff, and even when I asked the price of the special I was treated respectfully. Accommodated my three year old - food was as described, fresh and delicious. Came to the table timely but not rushed. Little light on the wine pour but overall a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service slipping?OccasionaldinerDined on 11/13/2014So I made a reservation at this place for lunch and had to wait 5 to 10 minutes, which sort of defeats the purpose of reserving. Then when ordering, we needed to specifically request bread, which was provided the last time I dined. I was disappointed with the experience this time around (my second visit).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steer clearSteveEVIPDined on 11/13/2014Being cramed into a table with chairs so tight that you feel as thouigh you are sitting in your neighors lap is not necessary. The Chef uses olive oil and salt to try and cover up for the lack of creativity and inspiration and fails miserably on even the most basic items. With so many other options close by you will easily find better.
- Pasta dishes were wonderful.MagaloneysVIPDined on 11/9/2014So was the tomato and mozarella dish. Only thing that was not up to par with everything else was the Chicken Parm. The pasta with was great, but not the chicken. So 1 out of 5 dishes is not bad. Considering the special pasta dishes (lobster fetticini and the short rib with pasta) were wonderful.Special Features:
- Great Post-Show Choice!DonnaDined on 11/8/2014We went to Ninos 46 post-Christmas Spectacular Show. Only a few blocks from Radio City Music Hall/Rockefeller Center. Restaurant has about 50 covers and a bar - in a smallish place. Can get a little noisy. Food was excellent. Five of us had different entrees. The Truffled Mac n Cheese Bites and the Burrata were excellent starters. I had the Gnudi and loved it! Would go back just to have it again. With a mid-priced bottle of wine, a few coffees, and a dessert, and tip, our bill for 5 came to about $225. Would eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Italian SpotDJVinCTVIPDined on 11/8/2014Arrived a few minutes early of our reservation but were seated immediately. The server was pleasant but not very talkative/social. Wish he would have engaged a little more. The other staff was great making sure our table was clear, food delivered on time and water full to the top. The apps were great (Kale Salad & Panzanella) and came out quickly. For dinner, I had the Orecchiette with pesto & chicken - enjoyable but a bit salty & oily. My wife had the margherita pizza - undercooked as the dough was floppy and the cheese wasn't fresh mozz and not enough basil. Plus the dough flavor was just eh. Overall, it was a pleasant experience with decent food. Probably wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- What a great find!MyExperiencesDined on 11/6/2014This restaurant was not at all what I was picturing. I expected a large unfriendly, people moving place; especially in the city. Instead I was greeted by a warm, small, friendly little restaurant with outstanding food. This place is a keeper. I already have friends going over for dinner next week. What a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Lunch spotladytravelerNYDined on 11/4/2014What a nice change to have quiet conversation, good food and selection and attentive service! Reasonable price at lunch time -- especially for a convenient mid-town location. Will recommend to others and looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & ambiance, okay serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014The food was great- we had the fried pumpkin, white pizza, truffle Mac and cheese bites, and the deconstructed bruschetta. The mixed drinks were decent but a little too sweet. The service was the only downfall- they made us feel rushed and right after we paid the check they actually told us we needed to leave because there was a line. We had only been sitting about 30 seconds after our plates had been cleared. Luckily, we were leaving anyway, but definitely not a polite practice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/31/2014Great neighborhood find, went on other's recommendations and was not disappointed. Fantastic home made pastas, nice salads. The lasagna, spaghetti and especially beet gnudi pasta (dumping like) was interesting and tasty. Service was fast, prompt and attentive. Nice place for good dinner before a show. Noticed families as well enjoying the pizza. Atmosphere, so-so, but I prefer good food any day to atmosphere. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shockingly Perfectdallen9975Dined on 10/30/2014On a visit to NY, we asked our friends from the city for quiet, off the beaten path places to eat. Ninos was highly recommended by all NY friends that know the secret places hidden around town. The food and flavors were just explosively good. The most vibrant and delicious Italian food we have ever had. It's a bit tight but doesn't crowd until later in the evening.Special Features:
- Nice enviroment and foodteragateDined on 10/30/2014We had spaghetti meatbal and orecchiette. The spaghetti tastes right and meat ball with good flavor. Chicken in orecchiette tastes great. They have small real candles and pour water from glass bottle. The lighting is not bright and some romantic feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- girls night outyummyVIPDined on 10/28/2014chose this place on a whim and it turned out to be fantastic. We were greeted by the chef/owner immediately and seated at a cozy corner table. We ordered 2 of the specials, that were out of this world. It is really comfort Italian food that you can tell is made with love in this family owned restaurant. It was a little loud, but grab a glass of wine and you wont even notice anymore!Special Features:
- Awesome foodkdotchDined on 10/28/2014Came here with a friend for dinner after work. The food was absolutely amazing and the service was just as great! Definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/28/2014Had feared I made a mistake coming here for dinner (from the front it looks very much like a lunch place) but the food was great, service was very good and a really good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy, but nice place to meet upOccasionaldinerDined on 10/28/2014I visited this restaurant to meet up with a friend. It's cozy, but noisy. The service is very good and attentive and I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteBigFanVIPDined on 10/24/2014Great spot with an awesome vibe and exceptionally delicious food. I try and get there as often as I can for either lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian dive with great foodnotmyfirstrodeoVIPDined on 10/22/2014It was raining and 5 of us needed a place close to our respective hotels for a quick dinner. Based on the reviews on Open Table, I picked this place. If you want chichi, keep walking, but what we found was delicious, honest Italian food that focused on pastas,pizzas and the best calamari I'm had in years. So good,our table ordered seconds. If your not a snob, you will love this place. Great food for the price and a few good wines as well.Special Features:
- a Nite at NinostwallDined on 10/19/2014Attended a play in the area wanted to dine right after found ninos on yelp and would definitly go along with all the people this is a hidden gem great time and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014We found this restaurant on open table & chose it based on the reviews. I wonder if we were looking at the wrong reviews. We arrived a few minutes early and waited at least 20 minutes after our scheduled reservation (the only place we had to wait for our reservation on our trip). The environment had a cold loud feeling and was not very comfortable. After being served warm water and looking at the menu we all wanted to leave but stuck it out because we were hungry and not sure how long it would take to find another place. The menu was very limited, we all basically settled for something as we were not really interested in what they had to offer. The food was not great & the service was not any better. We couldn't leave fast enough.
- Great food and vibrant but slowDonDDined on 10/17/2014Been there twice now and both times food has been very tasty, especially the pizza. Tends to be very loud so keep in mind if want to have more meaningful conversation. Big problem this past time was the unbelievably slow and inattentive service. They were crowded for lunch, but no excuse not to offer bread, water and soda refills, and take more than 30 minutes to bring a salad. Rarely do I stiff a waiter on a tip, but I did that day. Unacceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food in the theater districtlauriebVIPDined on 10/12/2014we had a great dinner here. for those who are gluten free- tey hae gf bread, pasta and many entrees can be made gluten free. you must try the butterscotch pudding dessert- it isnt made with jello- it is delicious.!!Special Features:
- Delicious family restaurantsffood18VIPDined on 10/11/2014Excellent food in a friendly setting, amazing sea bass, fried pumpkin and pizza.Special Features:
- Great Pre Theater findSuburbanGalVIPDined on 10/11/2014Went to this place before a broadway show with a group of 6. First time. We all had something different, fish, pasta, meat. Everyone loved their dish. Best pasta I have had in a long while. The specials were interesting, the wine choice was good. The prices reasonable considering the area. Only problem that night was the delays coming out of the kitchen. Not all appetizers and entrees were served with the others so some had to wait a while before they wre served while the others were eating. Other than that, very good. Would definitely keep this one on my pre theatre list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatyayfoodDined on 10/11/2014Food was absolutely awesome, but it was inexpensive, especially for that quality of food. The inside of the restaurant was adorable. The servers had some issues with speaking English, but they in general got the point and were very nice. Not super fancy, but elegant to an extent which was perfect for a nice lunch.Special Features:
- IngrinDined on 10/10/2014Very mediocre food, We ordered 6 appetizers: the portions are small and lacking flavor. Main course - wild salmon was decent but nothing special; bronzino - quite oily; rib eye steak even though seemingly cooked right was very chewy and had no flavor. The only dishes we actually enjoyed was rasberry sorbet and bread. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Nino's 46, NYCMFOGenevaDined on 10/9/2014I enjoyed this experience. If I have one criticism it's that the menu is limited, so don't expect and abundance of choices, But, what is offered is well prepared and tasteful. I recommend the bruttata appetizer and the fettucine with short rib ragu. The wine list is well chosen and acceptably priced for NYC. The service was attentive. This is a small place, so reservations are recommended.
- disappointingJhhcpaDined on 10/9/2014inwas recommended to the place. Was a big let down. Food not good. Service apathetic. Will not return. Waste of time and money
- Fine for a quick lunchMPW1208Dined on 10/9/2014Went here for lunch and it was fine. Between the three of us, we got 3 different sandwiches...the best one being the meatball parm. Meatball was good, but a bit dry. The sandwich would've benefited from some extra marinara sauce. It's a bit of a hole in the wall, but filled up very quickly! Service was just okay, not really good...but nothing offensive.Special Features:
- Fantastic!gr8foodDined on 9/30/2014Went with a party of six and everyone loved their meal. The owner was very attentive and made the experience extra special. A nice respite from the hectic pace of Times Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotLisaSDined on 9/29/2014The food is delicious! The pastas are made from scratch, the pizza is so so good, the service is great AND they have great gluten free options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pasta in NYCRickCulletonDined on 9/27/2014The service stated off a little slow but the food more than made up for it. I'm not usually a big fan of pasta but this was fantastic and obviously home made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay, but not worth a second tripOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Limited wine list. Perhaps short staffed, but needed another server. Food good, but not memorable. In touristy area and reasonably priced, so we got what we paid for.