39 W 46th St.
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Contemporary ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ninos46.com/
- Phone: 2127194015x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 7:00am - 10:00pm, Friday: 7:00am - 10:30pm, Saturday: 9:00am - 11pm,
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Executive Chef: Franco Vendome
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have catered for 30 years serving the midtown area. Please feel free to contact us to cater your event.
A word from Ninos 46
Our family-owned, traditional Italian midtown restaurant is back! Bigger and better than ever,” Nino’s 46” is now serving , lunch and dinner daily as well as brunch on the weekends. Stop by for our delicious wood fired brick oven pizza, our handcrafted pasta and homemade desserts. Join us for a glass of wine, a cocktail or an espresso. No matter what you choose from our re-invented menu, you will not be disappointed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ninos 46 reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)great for lunch (21)fit for foodies (21)romantic (15)good for groups (13)special occasion (11)notable wine list (7)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (4)hot spot (3)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Very warmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014I read a prior review that indicated that there was not a strong air conditioning presence and should have paid attention. I went on possibly the warmest day of this summer and continued to melt throughout my lunch. The meal was served promptly despite relative inattention from the waiter. My salad was very good although the grilled chicken was hard and dry. My guest's pomodoro looked good. I might try it again in the winter, but maybe not.
- Good Food slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014I have been here a few times, the service staff is par. Not attentive and absent minded. I need to remind them for my drinks and bread for the table, they have forgotten my food order one time (meatloaf. Not hard to prepare its already cooked) so my guests had to wait while they fast tracked it. Often can’t get a hold of the wait staff that is up near the bar even when the place is slow It’s a convenient place proximity wise and the food is good. They just need to step up the staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014The food was good the Mac and cheese bites was great. I just wish there were more choices on the menuSpecial Features:
- Meh...RobinhswVIPDined on 8/22/2014We wanted a quick Italian dinner pre theater without dealing with Times Square congestion, and found Nino's on Open Table. I order orichette with was over sauced and way too al dente, my daughter's pizza - with bacon, crab meat and marscapone tasted as peculiar as it sounds and my husbands lasagna was cold. It was, however, very flavorful. Unfortunately, we were almost done picking at our meals by the time his reheated lasagna came back. Then they confused our check with another table and charged us the incorrect amount. The restaurant, while antiquey looking is very dark and not well air conditioned . Oh well- the play we saw was great!
- great eatsfuninnyDined on 8/20/2014Great way to start off an evening. We were a party of four, we ordered an appy, a pizza, a salad, a pasta dish and the fried pumpkin and shared everything delicious and one dessert just enough before the theater. Good service, nice atmosphere. I would definetly be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing!FoodienotsofoodieVIPDined on 8/11/2014Met a friend here for lunch and wasn't sure what to expect. I got a simple salad but even that was great! My friend got the shrimp scampi and it looked good. he said it was good too! Definitely coming back to try the pizza!Special Features:
- Great food, noisy vibemeanjeanDined on 7/28/2014It would sound funny to call something so close to the theater district a neighborhood gem, but once you walk in to Nino's you feel like you've stepped into a Village hideaway-if you want away from tourists in the area, this place is perfect. The food was excellent...my fettuccini with lobster and shrimp was one of the best pasta dinners I've ever eaten, and my friend's lasagna rated high as well. Only downer was the very LOUD party seated next to us, and in the small space the loudness just bounced from wall to wall. But I would definately go here again.Special Features:
- Goof Family dinner with kidsJBSSDined on 7/27/2014We went for an early dinner with young children. The food was really good and there were many items that were appropriate for kids. The adults and children equally enjoyed it. We would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Great service and foodDottodotVIPDined on 7/23/2014Food and drinks were exceptional. Our server (I think maybe his name was Eric?) was outstanding... he was very patient and accommodating with some demanding/high maintenance people in our group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just AverageFoodieDined on 7/18/2014Well the bread and butter of any Italian place is the fantastic flavour of the Marinara sauce, sadly this places does not cut it for me. I ordered the eggplant parm with spaghetti and marinara. The eggplant was heavily breaded deep fried and looked like it has been stored in the freezer and then nuked. It was dry and tasteless, the pasta was cooked Al dente but the marinara from off the shelf Ragu would have tasted better. I asked for soup as an appetizer and they didn't have it. Also I overheard a conversation between the waiter and a paterson why an entree was being charged 2 US$ extra compared to the listed price, the waiter said something about customization charge.... damn. The patron was not happy. I don't think I am returning!
- decent and quick foodes1814Dined on 7/17/2014overall good lunch fare - busy. i had a salad - which was ordinary. Pizza may be more of a menu option.Special Features:
- Great GF Italian in Little BrazilNztravelsDined on 7/13/2014Excellent service, really great food - everything was delicious. We have a Coeliac in the family and the chef here is too, which means you can feel safe eating here. The staff are all very knowledgeable about the menu and GF requirements, they even brought out GF bread when the rest of us had ours. We ate there twice in four nights in NYC, and would recommend it highly to others, GF or not!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Gluten Free FoodLoriFromReadingDined on 7/12/2014We were pleased to find this restaurant with an extensive gluten fee menu. The staff was very helpful and even provided separate gluten free bread and olive oil for starters. The portions were generous and service was great. We went here between a matinee and night-time Broadway show so made reservations in order to be able to fit everything in. We will add this to our list of places for eating around NYC.Special Features:
- family owned Italian restaurantFoodieDined on 7/7/2014Nino's has been there since there since the early 80s. Great food reasonably priced Dark wood tables. ..reservations later in the week are a mustSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebratingmannersDined on 7/2/2014The food isn't bad but the waiter needs some help with their manners. This place is not fit for a big group, the waiter was annoyed that we where loud. But we are a grough of 11 if they can't handle that then they should not allow that number for reservation, or set the other gl table further since we are such a big group.Special Features:
- Love this placeTGWinNYCVIPDined on 7/1/2014Nino's is a great find. Excellent homemade pasta and pizzas and prices are reasonable. It's one of my go-to's in midtownSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and a Great Value!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/1/2014Best under the radar midtown spot I've eaten at in 10 years. Not fancy, but good NYC vibe. Great for an informal business lunch with colleagues or a friend.Special Features:
- Highly RecommendkdmathleteDined on 6/28/2014This si a great spot especially since it's in the theatre didtrict. It is very convenient to all shows. The food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014I had one of the specials for dinner - a linguine with shrimp, bacon,and peppers in a lobster sauce. It was absolutely fantastic. The bacon was cut in thick chunks and a delicious addition that I would never have thought of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great authentic ItalianFoodfan1Dined on 6/27/2014This was a great little restaurant. The owner greeted us when we walked in and was very friendly. The waiters were very nice and efficient- we had a time constraint and they brought our food out right away and with no hassle. I had the gnudi. It was amazing. My friend had one of the personal pizzas which was huge for a personal size. We also treated ourselves to Presecco which was at a pretty good price. The night was pretty inexpensive considering the wonderful Italian comfort food. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindAstrodomeVIPDined on 6/25/2014Recently visited New York and looked for a reservation on Open Table looking for Italian food. The spaghetti and meatballs was excellent. Thanks,Special Features:
- pizza and a drunken liobsterKR88Dined on 6/17/2014My friend and I enjoyed dinner. I had the wild mushroom, crispy procsuetto and riccotta pizza and my friend enjoyed her drunken lobster pasta. We shared the butterscotch budino (pudding) with amaretti cookies crumbled on top - yummy,,,Special Features:
- Great food outside Little ItalyMBHAYESVIPDined on 6/9/2014Nice place located right in the Time Square area. People were very nice, the food was really good and the atmosphere was very cute. A small place but cozy and uncrowded. Would go again.Special Features:
- NYC Local gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2014Great local ltalian spot. Has been right on first and second time eating there. Without a doubt it's on my favorites each time coming to NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- visitingDined on 5/30/2014We had our young granddaughter with us and went to ninos due to good reviews and kid friendly. The food was good as was service and not to expensive for a nice place. Would go again.Special Features:
- Delicious Food in a great locationyankeegirl2Dined on 5/17/2014Delicious Italian food that is reasonably priced. Gluten free options including pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeStarlight1384VIPDined on 5/16/2014I order food from here for delivery all the time, so I wanted to try it in person. It's such a nice place for dinner, and the food is legit italian. The appetizers, pizza, pastas and wines are all delicious. Service is efficient too. It's a great little italian restaurant with a more upscale but casual vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014The food was so salty I couldn't eat it though. Nice wine list and really great waitor.Special Features:
- Great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Upon arriving on Mother's Day, we were warmly welcomed and quickly seated. We started with the fried pumpkin which was amazing. The entrees were all equally tasty and the bread pudding dessert was heaven. The wait staff was very friendly and made sure our water glasses were never less than half fullSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectoSiciliano1Dined on 5/9/2014Nino's 46 is a rare gem. The food OUTSTANDING. The price FANTASTIC. Franco and Mike, the owners ... SUPERBLY TALENTED. The value cannot be beat. I've come with clients, family, kids, adults, all types of crowds. They have yet to disappoint. You cannot get a better meal for the value in Manhattan. The fact that it is a family owned and family run establishment shows in the quality and care. I highly recommend Nino's 46.Special Features:
- Solid placeOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/8/2014Great spot to have a bit to eat and meet with friends. The service was quick and on point and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After the ShowridiculousDined on 5/1/2014My daughter has eaten here before at various times of the day and she and her friends have enjoyed everything they have ordered. She has a lot of food allergies and the waiters are always helpful in telling her what dishes contain what she can't have. I have celiac issues and am very careful about eating out because some restaurants are not as cooperative and it is easier to stay home than risk getting ill. We told our waiter that I was gluten free and he told me what would be safe for me to have. When another person brought bread to our table he said he was sorry he had no gluten free bread. We were very impressed. The food was delicious and we will definitely return.Special Features:
- The following 54 reviews are from the Ninos 46 reviews archive.
- great findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2014Fantastic dinner, very personal feel to the restaurant. Food and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehFoodDined on 4/29/2014I came here with my parents the other night. I had the chilean sea bass which wasn't very good - but maybe I'm just not a fan of chilean sea bass and not the way it was made (I'm not sure). Either way, I didn't like it. I did like the cream sauce it came in though. My mom had the fettuccine. The lobster was lacking in flavor, but the fettuccine was pretty good. My dad had the short ribs and he seemed to like it although I tried the vegetables, and they were a bit salty.Special Features:
- Good basic italianjeffDined on 4/22/2014We had a pizza and pasta dish. Both were OK. This is a "good" place for a basic meal and get together. Centrally located in midtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nino46 pre theatreKR88Dined on 2/25/2014Enjoyed Nino 46. Shared truffled mac bites - did not like truffle oil. Wine by glass was a bit expensive,We each tried individual pizzzas. My friend had clam - interesting but a little salty. I had the sausage bolognese - good flavor though could have been crisper. Owner/chef came by to ask how things were. Really enjoyed the lemon ricotta cake with strawberries and basil. Service as good.Special Features:
- Not Good At allCelyDined on 1/31/2014Everything about it was awful, the food, the portions, the drinks, the service. Will not be going back here again.
- Small gem in theater districtMarecDined on 1/25/2014Great homemade pasta @ reasonable prices Fresh burrata prepared hot (fra diavola) or traditional cold) Very nice kale salad with buttermilk dressing Moderate prices and nice neighborhood feelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local Bar Great foodGrubyDined on 1/14/2014I was dining alone on a business trip. I sat at the bar and had the salmon special with Kale. Everything was tasty and I loved the atmosphere. Will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brought my team for a postMimiVIPDined on 1/13/2014Brought my team for a post holiday lunch and everyone LOVED the food. It really is a great menu for a variety of tastes: some had a pizza, some had a pasta (the gnudi is totally out of this world fantastic) and some had a fish dish. A couple commented that they never went east of 6th ave. I think there were many who will return! We had a very relaxed lunch and didn't feel rushed. Thanks VERY much!!!!Special Features: