NINJA NEW YORK
25 Hudson St
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
NINJA NEW YORK
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ninjanewyork.com/
- Phone: 2122748500x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 5:45pm-11:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm
Please contact us for Holiday schedule.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: There are 22 different sizes of private rooms that can accommodate a minimum of 2 people to a maximum of 16 people in the Village dining area.
The Rock Garden open space dining area can accommodate up to 32 people.
Reservations are highly suggested.
- Private Party Contact: Reservationist 2122748500x
- Entertainment: Interactive table magic show is available upon request.
A variety of original NINJA ART DISHES are available throughout the night.
A word from NINJA NEW YORK
A re-creation of a hidden 18th century Japanese Ninja village. One-of-a-kind, very entertaining dining experience combined with spectacular high-end contemporary Japanese cuisine. Dishes are created by very experienced Japanese chefs and served by our Ninja staff breaking new ground in service and Japanese cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
NINJA NEW YORK - Best Restaurants in TriBeCa - Downtown ›
NINJA NEW YORK reviews from OpenTable diners
298 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (196)special occasion (190)good for groups (179)neighborhood gem (60)hot spot (59)fit for foodies (55)romantic (44)late-night find (35)great for lunch (20)scenic view (12)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (7)vibrant bar scene (6)notable wine list (5)Show More
- The best experience everOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014Not really a traditional Japanese restaurant, very Americanlized , but the experience and service was the best !! Couldn't believe how nice everyone was in the restaurant!! Definitely a perfect place for kids ! And you get a private room for you and your accompany, which is very very unusual for NYC. It's amazing you don't need to share elbow with other people !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014This experience was everything I wanted it to be! The ninja staff were so energetic and fun!! I went for my birthday, and so did about five other people from the songs that broke out all over the restaurant, but it was great! The perfect birthday spot! They really take care of you and cater your experience to exactly what you want. If you are along for the ride, they go all out - scares, surprises, and special food preparations! The food, drinks, and (needless to say) the ambience, were all spot on! I couldn't get enough of this place, and I'm going back as soon as possible!Special Features:
- AmazingYummytummyl0lDined on 9/14/2014I went for a friends birthday a few years back and went for my own with my date this year! The ambiance was great and the food was delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun For All, And All For FunEqualOpportunityEaterDined on 9/14/2014Some friends and I decided to head to NINJA NY for a fun night out. We were not disappointed. The experience was a BLAST. We loved the atmosphere, the food, the magician, and our very nice server. The Ninja Art Dishes are delicious and highly entertaining. If you are looking for a lively and playful spot with great food, you are in for a treat! This could be a fun date place and it is clearly popular for birthdays. (We heard Happy Birthday around 5 times over the course of the evening.) Note: If you or anyone in your group is easily startled (and does not enjoy it even a little bit) this is probably not the place for you. If you do not enjoy being startled, but are willing to laugh about it afterwards then you are sure to be entertained.Special Features:
- GoodNikkiDined on 9/14/2014This is one of my favorite places in NYC to eat. It's great with just me and my boyfriend or with a group of friends. I own a business and I've taken my crew out to eat here for the holidays, always a great time. This time around was the first time I've been here since being vegan, and if you are vegan you can eat here, but I would like to see more veg-friendly options in the future. Vegan food can be absolutely delicious when made right, but the veg tacos were basically guac. Tacos and the veg. Rainbow role was flavorless. I'm most likely more disappointed because every meat dish I've had from here has been jaw dropping amazing. I would love to see them improve their veggie options including taste and variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ninjamidnytersxDined on 9/13/2014Had a really great time for my boyfriends birthday. Portions were more than I remember which was a good surprise. Awesome magician and nice servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodShannona1Dined on 9/13/2014Bad food, poor service. $200 for 2 adults & 2 kids.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I lived dining at Ninja! We knew it was a theme restaurant and were very intrigued with this interesting find. Theme restaurants are fun, but if the food isn't good, the restaurant won't last. However this isn't the case with this restaurant! The food was delicious! My husband ordered bonfire (lamb chops), I ordered a ninja burger and we shared shrimp tempura. Although the rice in the shrimp tempura was dry, our main entrees were prepared perfectly! Loved the enthusiasm and efficiency of the wait staff. I will return and recommend this fun place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great with a fun groupNinjaInitiateDined on 9/12/2014It's definitely a unique experience. Lots of shock scares and theatrics, we found them entertaining.the magician was great. I've seen slight of hand before but this was at your table and interactive. Food is on the expensive side but you're paying for presentation as well. I would totally recommend this place for a fun group outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Place!MewMew7Dined on 9/12/2014Definitely a fun place! The restaurant is very cool. Food was good, but the atmosphere was the best part.Special Features:
- Amateur at bestMarjorieDined on 9/10/2014The entrance and theme is gorgeous. The ninja host who shows you to your ninja hut seat is very much into character. The ninja waiters are nice and fun. There is a magician walking around doing tricks for tips. The food however is horrible. I got chicken teriyaki and potatoes. My chicken was bland, the sauce tasted bitter and my potatoes and veggies were so undercooked they may have been raw. We sent our plates back and I got the ninja burger. That was good. The fries were perfect and the burger was well done but still juicy. It's probably the only thing I would order. I will NOT be returning to Ninja as a planned outing. I was not impressed at all. They should consider getting real chefs. The food seemed very cheaply made.Special Features:
- Georgeousdarkserena69Dined on 9/10/2014i just love it!!! It was really great, i got some inconvenients with my partner at the time of the schedule, but the person from there change the hour so my patner and i can still have the reservation. I recomend 100%. Excelent Show, Effects, food and very clean all the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Quality of food needs to improve. But overall experience was excellent !Special Features:
- Saw it on TV, wanted to go since.Datenight4usDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I went on a Saturday night and we had a great time. We parked on the street close to the Restaurant and everyone at Ninja was very nice and attentitive. Our food was great and the restaurant has an "A" rating from the health department. We did not get a lot of Ninjas popping in on us. That was the only draw back. It seemed like everyone around us was. To be honest, I think that the larger your group, the more interaction with the ninjas you are going to get. I will come back and bring my kids. They make some nice muddled drinks out of fresh ingredients and have an awesome vanilla ice cream. Booking thru open table was very easy and efficient. It was our first time using the service and look forward to using it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingMarcusDined on 9/6/2014The entrance is suprising and funny. Food was dissapointing, not only food itself but also timing. While we had not finished our starters, the maincourse was already dropped on our table. Starters were ok, main course not.
- Great atmosphere, ok foodams86Dined on 9/5/2014Restaurant is nicely done and staff is enthusiastic. However, the food was mediocre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ninjas!!!MysticPonchoDined on 9/1/2014The ninjas (servers) were very fun and friendly. Love how they are full of energy and make the who dinning experience fun. I love the food and I love how they present it to everyone when ordered. Will be going back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Night dining experiance in NYBirthdayDined on 9/1/2014Loved the concept, initial service was great, however once drinks were received, the service became non existent and the scares fizzled out. Enjoyable but expected more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tons of fun!fuldieDined on 9/1/2014A gem in New York. I mean... where else can you find magic ninjas?Special Features:
- fun_but....kitanaDined on 8/31/2014I loved the whole experience although the food wasnt great however, a great presentation and fun staff to be around.Something about it that still makes me go back perhaps the whole entire sceneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shoooryuken!AbbieDined on 8/31/2014i love this place. the food is so-so and it is a bit pricey, but i dont care. i love this place. the servers make it great! they're all so funny and energetic. it's definitely something to try at least once...or twice :PSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed martial artsmastertasterDined on 8/30/2014Great theme, great food presentation, great for kids once, not-so-great food, no-so-great price. Order at least one hot and one cold entree so that the table experiences both kinds of presentations.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backChristophMaximusDined on 8/30/2014Best. Date. Ever. Can't wait to go back for my birthday next month and get a table with my group in their village. ALWAYS order stuff off the menu with the ninja star. They come with some sort of performance. :DSpecial Features:
- Amazing! Amazing! Amazing!LindaDined on 8/28/2014The restaurant is unbelievable, the atmosphere is unique, the waiters are dressed like ninjas and they do their best to make your experience funny and enjoyable every minute. The food is really good and abundant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Stop Talking About It!NinjaforeverDined on 8/28/2014Here we are two days later and my family still can't stop talking about the Ninja experience. It was everything I was hoping it would be, borderline spooky, just enough to make it exciting for all of us. The service was extremely efficient and entertaining. The food was tasty and presented in a delightful manner. My young son couldn't contain his excitement and continued to express his desire to return again and again because he declared it his "new favorite restaurant". What more can I say. I was looking for something special to end summer vacation and Ninja New York definitely delivered. The Ninjas were all great. Thank you.Special Features:
- Great time with kidsPBP1Dined on 8/25/2014Visited NYC for a day away with children and had a blast at NINJA. Great ambience, fun for the children and excellent table side preparation. Would recommend if you're traveling with a young family. Food was OK - go there for the experience though!Special Features:
- Magic show was incredible!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014The ninja theme to this restaurant was pretty cool. The restaurant setting is a fun idea. Food was very good. But the best part of the dinner is the magic show. So cool!Special Features:
- ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014You have to experience it at least once. My friend's son says it was the best part of their vacation here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- staff greatOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/24/2014food horrible and overpriced. Staff was great though Spent over $300 and went out for pizza afterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- incredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Absolutely worth the cost. Fantastic staff and phenomenal food. Delicious drinks and the magic in the end gets me every time! Amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing setting!bubiDined on 8/22/2014Ninja New York takes you back to feudal Japan, the setting and the table layout is awesome! Good food, fun presentation of dishes!Special Features:
- Lots of laughsIzzieDined on 8/21/2014Had a lot of fun here. This is a great place for people who like ninjas or who like to be surprised. Food presentation was beautiful - some plates had special effects. Came here to celebrate a friend's new job. Service was friendly and entertaining. We would constantly laugh at the crazy screams we heard in other booths. Would definitely recommend for a birthday because of how they sing birthday wishes to customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not all thatNynyDined on 8/21/2014Kids hamburgers were rare, food options aren't great for adults. Two boys 6 an 8 loved the experience.Special Features:
- FastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014I felt rushed the entire time. The magician came over and he was really good, but that was all of the entertainment my friend and I received. We spent, no joke, 30 minutes at our table. I would expect that for Panera Bread, but not here. We were celebrating a birthday and really just wanted time to catch up; however, the feeling of us being rushed pressured us out of there so we went somewhere else.
- restaurant routine breakerokmanDined on 8/20/2014Great for something diferent and good, from the entrance you know its going to be diferent and exciting, friendly service, good food, some food choices have secret presentations with it, somewaiters have ninja swords that the use on you haha, that was fun, good place, good food, good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The coolest restaurant in town!kc323Dined on 8/20/2014Scary Ninjas, amazing entertainment, generous portions of delicious food, tasty drinks, free birthday cake and private magician! Best dining experience ever and worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencecircesDined on 8/19/2014Food was excellent... you definitely get your moneys worth .the portions were huge. very entertaining. Overall lots of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ninja Fire!Foodninja1991Dined on 8/19/2014This was an exciting restaurant to go to for a dinner. My girlfriend and I had a lot of fun with the performances given! I would have like a more quiet spot for my dinner since, there were kids in the area. But overall a great place to enjoy dinner and the food was top notch! Best dinner I had all summer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and good food!Foodieman123Dined on 8/18/2014A friend of ours recommended the restaurant. We expected it to be mostly a showy dinner, but the food was outstanding as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So unique!LuvAGreatMealDined on 8/18/2014This was our first time dining at Ninja and we had a magical experience. Our family was celebrating my sons 7th birthday and we can't wait to go back! The food was delicious and exceeded all our expectations! It was an amazing experience for the whole family (all ages)...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.