NINJA NEW YORK
25 Hudson St
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
NINJA NEW YORK
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ninjanewyork.com/
- Phone: 2122748500x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 5:45pm-11:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm
Please contact us for Holiday schedule.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: There are 22 different sizes of private rooms that can accommodate a minimum of 2 people to a maximum of 16 people in the Village dining area.
The Rock Garden open space dining area can accommodate up to 32 people.
Reservations are highly suggested.
- Private Party Contact: Reservationist 2122748500x
- Entertainment: Interactive table magic show is available upon request.
A variety of original NINJA ART DISHES are available throughout the night.
A word from NINJA NEW YORK
A re-creation of a hidden 18th century Japanese Ninja village. One-of-a-kind, very entertaining dining experience combined with spectacular high-end contemporary Japanese cuisine. Dishes are created by very experienced Japanese chefs and served by our Ninja staff breaking new ground in service and Japanese cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
NINJA NEW YORK - Best Restaurants in TriBeCa - Downtown ›
NINJA NEW YORK reviews from OpenTable diners
291 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (196)special occasion (188)good for groups (172)hot spot (63)neighborhood gem (57)fit for foodies (52)romantic (45)late-night find (36)great for lunch (20)scenic view (11)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (7)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Can't wait to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Best. Date. Ever. Can't wait to go back for my birthday next month and get a table with my group in their village. ALWAYS order stuff off the menu with the ninja star. They come with some sort of performance. :DSpecial Features:
- Can't Stop Talking About It!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Here we are two days later and my family still can't stop talking about the Ninja experience. It was everything I was hoping it would be, borderline spooky, just enough to make it exciting for all of us. The service was extremely efficient and entertaining. The food was tasty and presented in a delightful manner. My young son couldn't contain his excitement and continued to express his desire to return again and again because he declared it his "new favorite restaurant". What more can I say. I was looking for something special to end summer vacation and Ninja New York definitely delivered. The Ninjas were all great. Thank you.Special Features:
- ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014You have to experience it at least once. My friend's son says it was the best part of their vacation here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- staff greatOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/24/2014food horrible and overpriced. Staff was great though Spent over $300 and went out for pizza afterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- incredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Absolutely worth the cost. Fantastic staff and phenomenal food. Delicious drinks and the magic in the end gets me every time! Amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing setting!bubiDined on 8/22/2014Ninja New York takes you back to feudal Japan, the setting and the table layout is awesome! Good food, fun presentation of dishes!Special Features:
- Lots of laughsIzzieDined on 8/21/2014Had a lot of fun here. This is a great place for people who like ninjas or who like to be surprised. Food presentation was beautiful - some plates had special effects. Came here to celebrate a friend's new job. Service was friendly and entertaining. We would constantly laugh at the crazy screams we heard in other booths. Would definitely recommend for a birthday because of how they sing birthday wishes to customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not all thatNynyDined on 8/21/2014Kids hamburgers were rare, food options aren't great for adults. Two boys 6 an 8 loved the experience.Special Features:
- FastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014I felt rushed the entire time. The magician came over and he was really good, but that was all of the entertainment my friend and I received. We spent, no joke, 30 minutes at our table. I would expect that for Panera Bread, but not here. We were celebrating a birthday and really just wanted time to catch up; however, the feeling of us being rushed pressured us out of there so we went somewhere else.
- restaurant routine breakerokmanDined on 8/20/2014Great for something diferent and good, from the entrance you know its going to be diferent and exciting, friendly service, good food, some food choices have secret presentations with it, somewaiters have ninja swords that the use on you haha, that was fun, good place, good food, good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The coolest restaurant in town!kc323Dined on 8/20/2014Scary Ninjas, amazing entertainment, generous portions of delicious food, tasty drinks, free birthday cake and private magician! Best dining experience ever and worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencecircesDined on 8/19/2014Food was excellent... you definitely get your moneys worth .the portions were huge. very entertaining. Overall lots of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ninja Fire!Foodninja1991Dined on 8/19/2014This was an exciting restaurant to go to for a dinner. My girlfriend and I had a lot of fun with the performances given! I would have like a more quiet spot for my dinner since, there were kids in the area. But overall a great place to enjoy dinner and the food was top notch! Best dinner I had all summer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and good food!Foodieman123Dined on 8/18/2014A friend of ours recommended the restaurant. We expected it to be mostly a showy dinner, but the food was outstanding as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome RestaurantelopezDined on 8/17/2014This place is phenomenal! The ambiance was great, the service was on point and food was delicious. I couldn't have asked for a better place to take my man for his birthday. Definitely a birthday to remember. We would go back again and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to experience something new!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loads of Fun!!!!!DMV1Dined on 8/17/2014You're seated by a ninja waiter or waitress. The dining theme is a setting of an old Japanese village back when the ninja's ran rampant. There' quite a few surprises while dining.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014We had expectations that Ninja New York would have had a higher quality of food - the ads said "high end" which it definitely is not. I would describe it as more of a theme restaurant. If you want high end cuisine, (and for the same price) I would go to NOBU. Portions at ninja New York are huge! Way too big - 12 oz steak for a child is way too much - even for an adult! Cut back on the portion sizes or I would recommend sharing. A lot of waste. The kids had fun with the theme and found it entertaining. I would not go back but it was fun to try once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had a blastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014My girlfriend and I went to ninja new york during our 2 day stay in the city after seeing it on tv. I thourolly enjoyed the atmosphere and everything the restaurant had to offer. The food was great, the service and entertainment kept me smiling, and the food vame out quick. The only problem we had was that one of our steaks came out more pink than we wanted, but it was taken care of well and it didnt ruin our night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Ever!AumonJakeDined on 8/15/2014This was an amazing experience! Loved, loved, loved this restaurant! Excellent food, service and entertainment. Like NO other place I've ever been to. Where else can the adults have sushi and the kids burger and fries? Not to mention the decor and theatrics!Special Features:
- Ninjas are waningJoyfulFoodDined on 8/14/2014This is my second visit here. Our first visit we had a vibrant and skilled entertainer of a ninja waiter, who came in with various acts of ninja surprise and props, created photo ops, and was present as each dish was served so he could comment on it's ninja-ness. This time we had a waiter who wore a ninja out fit, threw the same fake punch and said I'll be back in a minute about ten times. That was it. However, the first time the manic show passed us by. This time after our meal we were entertained by a very skilled young magician and he made the night.Special Features:
- Had a blastYeahchloeDined on 8/10/2014What is there to say? It was fun! And the sushi was yummy! Love the way the table was set up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experience...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We took our son for his 10 year birthday since he enjoys sushi. It was our first time, we had a great time, magic tricks were dead on. Definitely would go back and try more things on the menu.Special Features:
- Theme of the restaurant was cool!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014The restaurant was like nothing I've ever been in before, it was very realistic. The service was great and the tricks the servers do with the food were very fun. Food was meh and overpriced, for 2 people it was $145 before tip! We got 2 alcoholic drinks, 2 non-alcoholic drinks, 3 apps, 1 entree (it was made for two people) and 1 dessert. The magicians were really good! Definitely a one time stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and good food!JeyaDined on 8/8/2014We saw on TV and made reservations. The restaurant was fun, food was good. Ninja, ninja everywhere.Special Features:
- amazing!elliecDined on 8/7/2014Went to ninja with my brother, his girlfriend, and his friend and we all absolutely loved it. From the second we walked in we were being entertained! It's unlike any other restaurant. So different, so unique. Our ninja waiters were also amazing especially Angel! We had the taco appetizers and the katana. Both were great and the sake waterfall was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must-Do!!ClaudiaandMarkusHoedlDined on 8/7/2014We came there because we've seen a small documentary about the restaurant on the german TV and decided that we had to try the place. The service and the magician were awesome, and the food was excellent! It was better than we expected it to be! And the ambience was really cool, too! I will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for boysFoodieDined on 8/7/2014My 11 year old grandson found this restaurant while searching for things to do in NYC. The staff was entertaining and kept up the ninja theme the entire time. We both loved the food and followed the servers recommendation to share a dish and add some sides. We chose the combo the included caesar salad, avocado rpllsvabdva huge slab of steak. There was now way 2 of us could eat all that meat. We did see lots of couples w/o kids so entertainment must be a draw.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ninja NYtahawusDined on 8/6/2014A fun, ninja-themed restaurant. Food is good, well prepared with large portions. The atmosphere is fun and has a cool vibe. If you've never been, I don't want to spoil it, but just be ready for surprises. Not your average dining experience, but fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experieriencetam1228Dined on 8/6/2014We had a great time, great food and very entertaining.Special Features:
- Must GogoodfoodgoodfunDined on 8/6/2014The staff went above and beyond to make our visit special. The food was amazing!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ExperienceCpaperaDined on 8/5/2014Really neat environment, very ninja. Service was good and theatrical. Food was decent. After watching all the videos online, my friend and I were very excited to come see the 'show', but for a party of 2, the show was not that dramatic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lot of fun!ExcessDined on 8/4/2014We took our kids here and they loved it. They were so entertained that we were able to enjoy our too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FunLoverofFoodDined on 8/4/2014My son takes Tae Kwan Doe and this was the perfect place for him. It was a fun experience for those who are into the martial arts but even more so for those into magic. The food had a magic bent as did the fact a magician came to your table. The magician was AMAZING and worth going to the restaurant. The waiters did their own magic with the food tricks. You must order the chocolate Ninja Star - I do not want to know how it is done but I may have to go back and order it again. Pure fun for all! Overlook the limited menu in lieu of the great entertainment factor.Special Features:
- Great for a special birthday!NewYorkSouthernBelleDined on 8/3/2014I enjoyed the ninja theme of the restaurant. You feel it from the time you step in to the restaurant to the time you leave. Its a good place for a special occasion or when out-of-towners are visiting.Special Features:
- Cool!!StephannoletoDined on 8/3/2014Pontuality! Good service! Didnt have to wait... The food was ok. There were magic shows at the end of service, quite amusing for kids...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YucklllllDined on 8/3/2014Food was sub-par. With all the children running around we felt like we were in a Chucky Cheese, The food presentation was the best thing about the restaurant.Special Features:
- expensive - mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014this place was fun for the kids...but not THAT fun to justify what we paid for our meal....and the fact that food just was not that good. Sushi had no taste. Ceasar salad just tasted "off". Steak was good. I was not impressed - will not be going backSpecial Features:
- Just OKMDdadDined on 8/3/2014Despite a reservation we didn't get seated in the main eating area. It was very cramped and unpleasant. The food is good, but the experience was nothing like on tv. Lots of ninjas yelling, some fire and dry ice, but not that exciting. Our 7 year old loved it though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- #Watch out for NinjasDee1908Dined on 8/2/2014I had a blast. I was told in the beginning to watch out for Ninjas, I didn't listen and one got me from behind. I was on the edge after that. The food was excellent, can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Nice ChangeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014I would have expected more from the waiters, not as interactive as we would hope. My friend got the stake and he liked it a lot, but I was not a fan of the Katana. Could have been a lot better for its signature dish. Overall, ehh.Special Features: