NINJA NEW YORK
25 Hudson St
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
NINJA NEW YORK
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ninjanewyork.com/
- Phone: 2122748500x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 5:45pm-11:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm
Please contact us for Holiday schedule.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: There are 22 different sizes of private rooms that can accommodate a minimum of 2 people to a maximum of 16 people in the Village dining area.
The Rock Garden open space dining area can accommodate up to 32 people.
Reservations are highly suggested.
- Private Party Contact: Reservationist 2122748500x
- Entertainment: Interactive table magic show is available upon request.
A variety of original NINJA ART DISHES are available throughout the night.
A word from NINJA NEW YORK
A re-creation of a hidden 18th century Japanese Ninja village. One-of-a-kind, very entertaining dining experience combined with spectacular high-end contemporary Japanese cuisine. Dishes are created by very experienced Japanese chefs and served by our Ninja staff breaking new ground in service and Japanese cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
NINJA NEW YORK - Best Restaurants in TriBeCa - Downtown ›
NINJA NEW YORK reviews from OpenTable diners
317 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (204)kid-friendly (196)good for groups (189)hot spot (66)neighborhood gem (65)fit for foodies (55)romantic (43)late-night find (42)great for lunch (23)scenic view (22)great for brunch (12)vibrant bar scene (7)great for outdoor dining (6)notable wine list (4)Show More
- What fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014From the front door to being seated I was on my toes. I found myself smiling most of the time I spent at Ninja. I definately will recommend this place to family and friends and probably will be the one bringing them..thanks for such a great time Ninjas!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden Gem for KidsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/19/2014Whether you are seeking a new birthday adventure for your child or just looking to celebrate some fun, family-time together on a Sunday, NINJA is a great place to do just that. On the first cold Sunday of the season I decided to treat the family to a new experience after having to stay in doors for the day. From the first minute you enter, the staff has transported you and the kids to a magical place, with a little bit a surprise and a lot of fun. The food had big portions and was good but the best part was that your seating was private and made for an intimate experience for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experience for kidsyanaDined on 10/19/2014Great place. Good food, great attraction. please note the portions are very large, therefore can be shared with two people. Prices are higher than average but you get much more than just food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my kids enjoyed it...PrizDined on 10/18/2014Surprised my kids by going to Ninja. We had heard about the restaurant and they been begging for us to go. We finally took them and they loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best for group or kidsKelseyBDined on 10/17/2014There only 2 people in our party. We had more fun listening to all the kids around us having a good time. It would have been better with a few more people or with kids. Still, a great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun lighthearted tacky ninja dinnerDrJaseDined on 10/13/2014Was expecting a little more ninja feats like some smoke bombs when the waiter leaves etc. Maybe even a backflip or two! But maybe I was expecting a little much...... It was still a fun night though and you must approach the meal in a light-hearted manner. It was tasty food by all means but not as Japanese as I had hoped for. The delicate and petite Japanese preparation of food had been exchanged for an American style to the meal with the massive steak and servings. Delicious cocktails however! Overall very friendly staff and felt well looked. Good for a fun night out but not somewhere you would take someone on a date.Special Features:
- Her 13th birthday was amazing!CathyNuDined on 10/11/2014From the beginning to the end the experience was incredible. My teenage daughter felt extra special on her birthday.The attention and service made us feel as if we were the only one in the place.The professionalism, outstanding. We both had an amazing time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experiencemaz100Dined on 10/11/2014However, if you absolutely hate getting scared or startled...DO NOT COME HERE. Food was great, presentation was awesome. I would definitely come here again!Special Features:
- A lot of fun albeit sillyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014The food is good enough but the reason to go is the silly light hearted fun with friends, the presentation and theater of the experience is worth a trip or two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- go ninjanovy21Dined on 10/10/2014was coming to new york for comic con and coming to ninja new york was a must. the restaurant did not disappoint. food was fabulous and the atmosphere was amazing. can't wait until i go back to new york to dine here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time in New YorkNinjaLizDined on 10/10/2014Dinner was excellent. Ninja chris was a great server. We had a great time with the server. Loved the entertainment it was great. Ninja village is very awesome. I would come again once i make return trip to new york from tennessee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- annorDined on 10/9/2014Great service and atmosphere the experience was like no other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeDuMalovichDined on 10/9/2014Amazing! Every place in the world should have a restaurant like that. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!!!!KboyceDined on 10/9/2014Great experience. Food was great, services was great and overall a great restaurant will come again :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorably FantasicLibrasDined on 10/9/2014Took my niece for her 21st birthday they treated her like a princess along with a couple scary tactics and the food was fabulous such a great time. Are ninja waiter was Steve and he had quite the dynamic personality service was impeccable and food was delicious!Special Features:
- Ninjas UniteQuestlovessushiDined on 10/6/2014This restaurant set the bar for unique dining experiences. Not only was the atmosphere and ninja staff incredible at performances but also the food was absolutely amazing. Beyond delicious sushi (Dragon Roll and Mango Samon Roll) which comes with a fire show (only Dragon Roll) and delicious drinks and steak and chicken options to dive into. Not only did this place make me absolutely thrilled on my birthday, it also gave a new restaurant that I will go back to time and time again. I know everyone I recommended the restaurant to is also very interested in going soon and I also got cool factor points for having a nontraditional birthday/lifestyle. So bravo Ninja! You are the best restaurant in TriBeCa and I will never stop raving about you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great time!heatheriniDined on 10/2/2014The atmosphere was what made this place fun and exciting. The staff really got into the theme and played along. The food was good, not extraordinary, but good. We were glad we went!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for kids and touristsKennethTDined on 10/2/2014This place is great for kids and tourists. The food is pretty good. My only issue is I've been to ninja a few times over the last several years and it seems to be going downhill in regards to the entertainment. The staff has become more and more goofy in the last couple of years taking away from the seriousness of ninjas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Odd experience, nonimpressive menuTribecalocalyocalDined on 10/1/2014Maybe kids would like this place, but I wouldn't recommend it for adults. First, if you are local the food will disappoint you, and because of this you will think it is over priced. Also, as for the sake selection, we felt like we were getting ripped off. The only unfiltered sake was very expensive comparable to the other sakes, which we tasted and sent back. Unfiltered sake is NOT expensive generally speaking. The waiter, however, was very friendly and generally all employees were very hospitable. This may be a decent place for tourists, bc of the shouting ninjas it is memorable, but personally, I will not be taking any out-of-town guests. Why would you in such an amazing city w equally amazing restaurants?Special Features:
- Great untill.....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014I loved the settings food was great service and entertainment was cool but making a special request on your reservation sucked. They didn't sing happy birthday to my girlfriend which i got a follow up call the day before and I reminded them to please get that Special request which was important to me for my girlfriend but it never happen and I had no chance to remind them again at the resturant cause then I would have gave up the surprise. I closed out the check and there I knew they blew it with my request so I confronted them when I got upstairs to the front receptionist and told her what happen and she called someone to come up and deal with it and all I got out of it was a sorry that no one told them bout it and two free bandannas smh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinnercook4meDined on 9/29/2014Loved the atmosphere but EXTREMELY disappointed with the food. Staff entertaining and friendly.Special Features:
- perfect!tiara224Dined on 9/28/2014I went for my anniversary and had a great time. They are great at making you feel like you are around real ninjas. They will sneak up and scare you (in a good way lol). The food was delicious and came out super fast. They were very attentive and friendly which is a big plus for me. Also, the magician is amazing. I will recommend Ninja restaurant 100%.Special Features:
- FunOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014My date and I had SOOOOO much fun! It was PERFECT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go near closingMick13Dined on 9/27/2014I definitely understand what should be expected when a resurant is closing. However, when you're still paying for the same experince at any other time then I expect the same amount of service. We had to ask to be given water and had to continue to ask for service the entire night.
- ninja nyninjanyDined on 9/27/2014Everything was amazing from the time you walked in to the time you walked out. Their bar drinks are delicious I had the rin and so did my boyfriend. Get something with a ninja star they do something different with the presentation of your dood it is pretty neat. I cannot wait to go back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place, great service, food okTMMWindhamVIPDined on 9/27/2014A great place for a different dining experience, excellent for family or kids. Service was very good, drinks were good but menu items and food quality marginal. The food is ok, but could be better. That being said the experience was a lot of fun and worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kid oriented but still fun!AcitDined on 9/27/2014Took my parents there. They were visiting from out of town. You had to get a little silly and just get into the theme of the restaurant but it was still really fun. The drinks were great and the food was really good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceJDinesDined on 9/25/2014Pretty cool place to dinner, especially for kids. Magician was exceptional. However, the food is rather expensive. Ordered the 22oz Rib eye, it didn't come with any sides but fried garlic. The have "deals" which again are in my opinion over priced. Want to bring my kids, but just don't think it's worth it for just the entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what an amazing dinning experienceA4amazingDined on 9/24/2014the experience was unreal amazing and fun! definitely going to recommend people to go and experience the fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place but..GabethebabeDined on 9/24/2014It was a fun place to eat at... I wish they would have been more interactive they kind of put us in one of the rooms and we felt like they kept forgetting about usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good ExperienceBabaDined on 9/22/2014Hope they have more veggie choice. It was bit pricy but overall good experience. good entertnment as well.Special Features:
- Ninja ManiaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014Awesome service all the way to the end .. fun filled dining ..everyone will enjoy ! Great food !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- well worth itinthebiz2Dined on 9/21/2014Ninja was recommended to me by a coworker. Overall we had a great experience. I brought my 13 year old daughter and her friend and they had a blast. Our reservation was for 5:00 and we were seated promptly. The staff was very helpful and attentive. The food was delicious and the presentation was great. We would definately go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Everybody was so nice, and our waiter was the best.. Very entertainingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not like the web pageOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014The ambiance was not at all like shown on the web page. The ninja entertainment consisted of a couple of waiters yelling. The menu was very limited. The food was good, but not great.Special Features:
- Always a Great TimeJarjacDined on 9/19/2014This was my second time back to Ninja and just when I thought it couldn't get any better than the last time, it did. The service was great and entertaining, the ambiance is unique and helps set the scene for what you think a 'real ninja' may be hiding out in. One of the best things about this restaurant is the food. The portions are large and the food is fresh and delicious. As someone with an food allergy I felt at ease knowing that they cater to good allergies. Overall, great food, place and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceWildchildDined on 9/19/2014We had a great experience at Ninja Restaurant NY! Excellent food and nice staff :-) I can highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exciting!!ExperienceDined on 9/19/2014Brought my girlfriend and her daughter to dinner for my girlfriends' birthday. We had an excellent time and wonderful food! The atmosphere was exciting and brought a little thrill at every turn. All the employees were friendly and entertaining. We especially liked the little magician act to entertain us as well as the Happy Birthday singing for my girlfriend. We saw this restaurant on TV one time being featured as one of the 5 best restaurants in New York City. We have to agree and highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerJinxDined on 9/19/2014The food was alright. If you love Mayo, this is the place to be. The staff was great! My boyfriend enjoyed himself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing EsperanceninjaDined on 9/19/2014We heard about Ninja from online we decided to stop and give it a try well vacationing in NYC the food was amazing and defiantly worth every penny the wait staff were very friendly and did awesome at playing their part.The atmosphere was absolutely beautiful and everything fit perfectly together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.