NINJA NEW YORK
25 Hudson St
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
NINJA NEW YORK
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ninjanewyork.com/
- Phone: (212) 274-8500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 5:45pm-11:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm
Please contact us for Holiday schedule.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: There are 22 different sizes of private rooms that can accommodate a minimum of 2 people to a maximum of 16 people in the Village dining area.
The Rock Garden open space dining area can accommodate up to 32 people.
Reservations are highly suggested.
- Private Party Contact: Reservationist 2122748500x
- Entertainment: Interactive table magic show is available upon request.
A variety of original NINJA ART DISHES are available throughout the night.
A word from NINJA NEW YORK
A re-creation of a hidden 18th century Japanese Ninja village. One-of-a-kind, very entertaining dining experience combined with spectacular high-end contemporary Japanese cuisine. Dishes are created by very experienced Japanese chefs and served by our Ninja staff breaking new ground in service and Japanese cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
NINJA NEW YORK - Best Restaurants in TriBeCa - Downtown ›
NINJA NEW YORK reviews from OpenTable diners
290 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (185)good for groups (181)kid-friendly (172)hot spot (64)neighborhood gem (62)fit for foodies (55)late-night find (39)romantic (36)scenic view (24)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Expensive Food That is Totally Worth ItOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014My fiance and I went to NINJA Restaurant for our 2nd Anniversary. We had a late reservation because I'm a last minute person when it comes to making plans (Note: Make reservations a week or two in advance!). Our waiter was fantastic; even at 10:30 PM, he had the energy and charisma to make our dinner enjoyable. The atmosphere is downright awesome - imagine yourself in a quiet and tiny Asian village with NINJAs jumping at you. The whole experience is memorable. We ordered a course meal called Kunoichi. Everything looked good on the menu, but this pre-fixe meal was just delicious. I have no words to describe it. Yes, it is expensive, but it's totally worth it. My fiance and I had a great night and we're planning on going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ninja spot YeaHHHHOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Ninja NYC is a great place to have Dinner and good drinks i had a wonderful time with my kids the food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Ninja Stars for NINJA NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at NINJA NYC! I took one of my best friends there as a surprise and he loved the atmosphere, the service and the food was amazing! If you're looking for an escape from the outside world and the enthusiasm of the ninja clan, then you will be paying for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth The MoneyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Friendly staff especially the young lady at front door,I forgot her name but we share the same last name. Cute for families with kids and teen birthday parties. Food was way below average for the price,you are basically paying for the entertainment.Special Features:
- Great Place for Foodie NinjasSoulStarDined on 11/19/2014I took my son for his 16th birthday and the place was a hit. He definitely had a blast, all the food we order came with cool demonstrations, not to mention the magician that entertained us as we waited and the ninjas through the restaurant (server included) that kept us fully entertained. The food was AMAZING!!! Everything we ordered was cooked to perfection and more than enough food. I would say pay attention to size portions when ordering the steaks. I didn't realize my NY Strip would be the size of a small cow. lol. But It was so delicious I almost finished it all. Also, if you have a nervous condition I would say the your medication before entering the building. Lets just say ninjas pop out from everywhere at this place and they definitely keep you on your toes. All in all this was a great birthday experience. I would definitely recommend it to a friend and I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise 22nd birthday.RawrrchelleDined on 11/16/2014Took my boyfriend here for his 22nd birthday. He absolutely loved it! Even though I was somewhat guarded by ninjas popping out and scaring us, it was such a good time! Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish we sat in the "Village"josieDined on 11/15/2014Made the reservation online. Took us right on time. We were seated in a room with several other tables- one with a very loud mother and several very loud children. Table next to us- I mean right next to me- were nice. Each of our 4 dinners came out at different times, so we did not eat together. We were told that we should have asked to sit in the "village" for a better experience. How would I have know that? Disappointed in food- I ordered roast and meat was cold, couldn't tell anyone, since our waiter did not return for almost 15 minutes. Hubby enjoyed the steak and sake tastings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Ninja NYMandMDined on 11/14/2014We loved Ninja NY! Our entire experience was excellent! I don't want to give away too many surprises to future guests, but to sum it up we had fantastic food, excellent, friendly and energetic service! We loved volunteering for any all interactive moments and the entertainment made our honeymoon really special. We were totally impressed and would recommend Ninja NY to anyone looking for a fun and unique experience with delicious food. Thank You for a a great time! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014it was fun and enjoyable. I had a great time, our server was very patient with us and make it fun Thanks for the great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/13/2014This place was a blast. We had wonderful server and the food presentation was really fun. Definitely recommend the NY strip. It was huge, perfectly cooked, and the flavor was excellent. I also enjoyed the sake tower, that and the meal menu for two was a great value. If you are interested in having a fun night in a place that is out of the ordinary, this is the place to go. I look forward to going back with more friends, who will enjoy the fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertaining!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/13/2014I love anticipating the surprises we get from the moment we stepped into the restaurant. The dishes were served in fancy ways and the magician that entertained us at the end of our meal was really good too. Not every one got the brunt of the tricks though, so pick an accessible enough place to sit if you want to receive all the attention from the ninja warriors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scary good funJWdesignDined on 11/13/2014Husband's birthday and he loves scary fun times and got a real kick out of the entire experience. Our waiter ninja was fun and super alert to our table and the food has some wild presentations like fire, smoke and cool plates. Lamb chops were succulent, sushi is okay but the fun is really the ambiance of a ninja camp. Good times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for the nighthatecheapfoodVIPDined on 11/10/2014Definitely different type of dining atmosphere. Sushi portions are huge which the servers do not advise you when you are over-ordering so beware. Too much of the rice rolled with the sushi, but definitely fresh.
- Fun, EntertainingNYCFoodDined on 11/10/2014If you've ever been to a themed restaurant then you can probably anticipate what you'll get here, EXCEPT the food was actually good. We ordered a few sushi rolls and the steak. We ended up taking the steak home! Good size rolls! The ninjas were fun, they surprised me a few times! I think older kids would love this place. The magic show we saw was fun too. Good for people visiting or just for a night out that's a bit different from the ordinary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average ServiceBdayFailDined on 11/9/2014I was actually very disappointed by ninja sushi. I was told it was a great experience but when we got there we had to wait 30 min before we were seated in a waiting area. 10 min into waiting, a server came in and asked to take the chairs we were sittin on, I'm assuming they ran out of chairs at the other tables. We were left standing for another 20 min. Also the restaurant called me the day before to confirm that it was my roommates birthday. They let me know that there would be a candle in the icecream ready to go, so I thought it was taken care of. This actually didn't happen. No icecream no candle. I wouldn't have cared any other time except for the fact that the restaurant called to assure me that this would happen. Overall moderate.Special Features:
- reviewMrsNollitAllDined on 11/9/2014Had an amazing time celebrating my daughters 14th birthday! Created great memories!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ultimate ninja dining affair.sYnSeNsIDined on 11/7/2014Will you walk the ninja way down a dark and narrow corridor with traps and ninja scares or the easy way to the waiting area. This experience was great, from the ambiance, as the design resembled a Japanese village. The staff were friendly and courteous in their ninja gi even though I was assassinated numerous times by the staff with fake tanto and ninjato. There were also magic tricks performed. The food was amazing, though I should note that the menu is more Americanized than Japanese oddly enough, as the place is geared more to tourists, children and those looking for a something new. As for the items listed with shuriken, if chosen you will be rewarded with cool pyrotechnics involved presentations upon the staff serving the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome night!Fab2dineDined on 11/7/2014This was my first time at this establishment, so I was not sure what to expect. OMG! I really enjoyed myself. The staff was just amazing. They kept my party entertained. The favorite part of my meal was the favored sake😊 If you are ever in the TriBeCa area, please checkout this spot. Great for kids, family fun and group celebrations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun dinner/theater-like experienceShinyDinaDined on 11/7/2014Elaborate layout definitely worth seeing. Great service & a totally happy experience. Caution to those w bad night vision ... It's a little dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience for kidsFoodreview1Dined on 11/7/2014As a place for kids to experience, it was great. Service was great too with very kid friendly staff. Food however was terrible. Steak was burnt, my sashimi was frozen, sushi rolls were lacking in flavour. As a one time experience with kids it was great but I won't return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and not recommendedcookiemomDined on 11/4/2014I didn't expect a fine dining experience but the food was dreadful. Although we were there for a 6:30 reservation and the place wasn't even half full, the service was slow. Food was very expensive and the "show" consisted of the wait staff dressed as ninjas yelling to surprise diners. Not recommended.
- Great experience, food was ok!davemo89Dined on 11/2/2014I've heard many things about Ninja before visiting and most of them were true. The tables are nice and inside is well decorated. The "Ninja" shows and jumps from behind, etc are good too however not as entertaining as I thought. Same for the food, it's good but not amazing and except the sushis they are not really japanese. However it's a nice restaurant which worth a try for its special "Ninja" atmosphere but not really for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an experienceFoodieDined on 11/1/2014visiting this restaurant is an experience. food is well prepared & in sumptuous quantity. with the #$ charge on the food items, I would have liked each dish to have a special presentation. our waiter was extremely busy manning other booths as well, so we had to wait to see him. but the magic show guy did put on a great performance and made us laughSpecial Features:
- Awesome!Shodan95Dined on 11/1/2014My family & me had a great time. I love your Ninja's excitement. They we're all great with us. Funny think, we took the long way to enter the restaurant & a Ninja pop out & we both jump into a screaming fighting stances. I reacted the same way the ninja did because of my martial arts training. I thought that was awesome. The food was excellent. I wanted to eat more. Thank you to your chief & staff!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE NINJAAlyssaHVIPDined on 10/31/2014I absolutely loved Ninja, and can not wait to go back!Special Features:
- Ninja is a fun experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2014I had seen them on the travel change and planned a visit next time I was in NYC. We went with another couple. The service and entertainment was excellent. The food was very my husband got steak it was a good cut and well cooked. I would receommend this place for a fun themed dinner out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- julyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014We had a very nice time! The kids really enjoyed the brooklyn ninja's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in every wayMariamDined on 10/30/2014This place was INCREDIBLE!! I took my boyfriend there for his birthday and our server Angel was absolutely amazing!!!! Ambience, food and service were excellent. The whole theme was so well implemented. I highly recommend this place for special occasions or just for a new NY experience. We loved it and will definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Magic ExperienceEileInternationalLawyerDined on 10/26/2014I loved Ninja Restaurant. I believe that its an outstanding place with a super cool theme and ambiance. The magician Eddie was amazing, he came to my table twice and performed very awesome magic for me. I went by myself and I felt attended and taken care by the whole dinner. The food its very good and the presentations are very creative with fire and all kind of unique garnishes and effects. I will totally come back to the restaurant and I would hope to see Eddie performing amazing magic for me again. I believe the prices are reasonable for the experience and 2 persons can easily share a fix price menu for $38 and up. I truly recommend this restaurant and if you go visit, ask for the magician Eddie. He's the best.Special Features:
- this place was greatpoopieDined on 10/23/2014Our ninja Chris was great the other ninjas sang happy birthday it was awesome...it Der was a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WA-CHA!!!!Damek0MascaVIPDined on 10/21/2014So many ninjas hahaha! Everything was great. Food had beautiful presentation and tasted delisousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What fun!FunFoodDined on 10/19/2014From the front door to being seated I was on my toes. I found myself smiling most of the time I spent at Ninja. I definately will recommend this place to family and friends and probably will be the one bringing them..thanks for such a great time Ninjas!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden Gem for KidsGGFordDined on 10/19/2014Whether you are seeking a new birthday adventure for your child or just looking to celebrate some fun, family-time together on a Sunday, NINJA is a great place to do just that. On the first cold Sunday of the season I decided to treat the family to a new experience after having to stay in doors for the day. From the first minute you enter, the staff has transported you and the kids to a magical place, with a little bit a surprise and a lot of fun. The food had big portions and was good but the best part was that your seating was private and made for an intimate experience for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experience for kidsyanaDined on 10/19/2014Great place. Good food, great attraction. please note the portions are very large, therefore can be shared with two people. Prices are higher than average but you get much more than just food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Food was good, drinks were delicious however, our service left a lot to be desired. We were a party of five, made reservations a few weeks in advance, we were sat downstairs in a back corner. Other than when we were seated no "ninjas" surprised us. Main courses were not brought out together but spread out over 10 minutes. Our waiter never came to ask how it was, no one cleared our appetizer plates before the main course was brought out & we had to flag our waiter down for more drinks. Other tables seemed to have more attentive servers & more "entertainment". It was a decent night but I wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- my kids enjoyed it...PrizDined on 10/18/2014Surprised my kids by going to Ninja. We had heard about the restaurant and they been begging for us to go. We finally took them and they loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SophiaDined on 10/17/2014Got stuck in corner table surrounded by walls. Impossible to get service. Fun for kids but food was mediocre and service mediocre when it did arrive. Kids had a blast though.Special Features:
- Best for group or kidsKelseyBDined on 10/17/2014There only 2 people in our party. We had more fun listening to all the kids around us having a good time. It would have been better with a few more people or with kids. Still, a great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun lighthearted tacky ninja dinnerDrJaseDined on 10/13/2014Was expecting a little more ninja feats like some smoke bombs when the waiter leaves etc. Maybe even a backflip or two! But maybe I was expecting a little much...... It was still a fun night though and you must approach the meal in a light-hearted manner. It was tasty food by all means but not as Japanese as I had hoped for. The delicate and petite Japanese preparation of food had been exchanged for an American style to the meal with the massive steak and servings. Delicious cocktails however! Overall very friendly staff and felt well looked. Good for a fun night out but not somewhere you would take someone on a date.Special Features:
- Her 13th birthday was amazing!CathyNuDined on 10/11/2014From the beginning to the end the experience was incredible. My teenage daughter felt extra special on her birthday.The attention and service made us feel as if we were the only one in the place.The professionalism, outstanding. We both had an amazing time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.