NINJA NEW YORK
25 Hudson St
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
NINJA NEW YORK
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ninjanewyork.com/
- Phone: 2122748500x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 5:45pm-11:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm
Please contact us for Holiday schedule.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: There are 22 different sizes of private rooms that can accommodate a minimum of 2 people to a maximum of 16 people in the Village dining area.
The Rock Garden open space dining area can accommodate up to 32 people.
Reservations are highly suggested.
- Private Party Contact: Reservationist 2122748500x
- Entertainment: Interactive table magic show is available upon request.
A variety of original NINJA ART DISHES are available throughout the night.
A word from NINJA NEW YORK
A re-creation of a hidden 18th century Japanese Ninja village. One-of-a-kind, very entertaining dining experience combined with spectacular high-end contemporary Japanese cuisine. Dishes are created by very experienced Japanese chefs and served by our Ninja staff breaking new ground in service and Japanese cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
NINJA NEW YORK - Best Restaurants in TriBeCa - Downtown ›
NINJA NEW YORK reviews from OpenTable diners
313 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (199)special occasion (198)good for groups (185)hot spot (65)neighborhood gem (61)fit for foodies (52)romantic (46)late-night find (37)great for lunch (21)scenic view (17)great for brunch (9)great for outdoor dining (7)vibrant bar scene (7)notable wine list (4)Show More
- FunOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014My date and I had SOOOOO much fun! It was PERFECT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go near closingMick13Dined on 9/27/2014I definitely understand what should be expected when a resurant is closing. However, when you're still paying for the same experince at any other time then I expect the same amount of service. We had to ask to be given water and had to continue to ask for service the entire night.
- Kid oriented but still fun!AcitDined on 9/27/2014Took my parents there. They were visiting from out of town. You had to get a little silly and just get into the theme of the restaurant but it was still really fun. The drinks were great and the food was really good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceJDinesDined on 9/25/2014Pretty cool place to dinner, especially for kids. Magician was exceptional. However, the food is rather expensive. Ordered the 22oz Rib eye, it didn't come with any sides but fried garlic. The have "deals" which again are in my opinion over priced. Want to bring my kids, but just don't think it's worth it for just the entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what an amazing dinning experienceA4amazingDined on 9/24/2014the experience was unreal amazing and fun! definitely going to recommend people to go and experience the fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place but..GabethebabeDined on 9/24/2014It was a fun place to eat at... I wish they would have been more interactive they kind of put us in one of the rooms and we felt like they kept forgetting about usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good ExperienceBabaDined on 9/22/2014Hope they have more veggie choice. It was bit pricy but overall good experience. good entertnment as well.Special Features:
- Ninja ManiaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014Awesome service all the way to the end .. fun filled dining ..everyone will enjoy ! Great food !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- well worth itinthebiz2Dined on 9/21/2014Ninja was recommended to me by a coworker. Overall we had a great experience. I brought my 13 year old daughter and her friend and they had a blast. Our reservation was for 5:00 and we were seated promptly. The staff was very helpful and attentive. The food was delicious and the presentation was great. We would definately go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Everybody was so nice, and our waiter was the best.. Very entertainingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not like the web pageOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014The ambiance was not at all like shown on the web page. The ninja entertainment consisted of a couple of waiters yelling. The menu was very limited. The food was good, but not great.Special Features:
- Always a Great TimeJarjacDined on 9/19/2014This was my second time back to Ninja and just when I thought it couldn't get any better than the last time, it did. The service was great and entertaining, the ambiance is unique and helps set the scene for what you think a 'real ninja' may be hiding out in. One of the best things about this restaurant is the food. The portions are large and the food is fresh and delicious. As someone with an food allergy I felt at ease knowing that they cater to good allergies. Overall, great food, place and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceWildchildDined on 9/19/2014We had a great experience at Ninja Restaurant NY! Excellent food and nice staff :-) I can highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exciting!!ExperienceDined on 9/19/2014Brought my girlfriend and her daughter to dinner for my girlfriends' birthday. We had an excellent time and wonderful food! The atmosphere was exciting and brought a little thrill at every turn. All the employees were friendly and entertaining. We especially liked the little magician act to entertain us as well as the Happy Birthday singing for my girlfriend. We saw this restaurant on TV one time being featured as one of the 5 best restaurants in New York City. We have to agree and highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerJinxDined on 9/19/2014The food was alright. If you love Mayo, this is the place to be. The staff was great! My boyfriend enjoyed himself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing EsperanceninjaDined on 9/19/2014We heard about Ninja from online we decided to stop and give it a try well vacationing in NYC the food was amazing and defiantly worth every penny the wait staff were very friendly and did awesome at playing their part.The atmosphere was absolutely beautiful and everything fit perfectly together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun and different experience!!!HoooletDined on 9/18/2014A very different experience with all ninja waiters. Pretty good food as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itangelinDined on 9/18/2014definitely recommend friends and family awesome place , and food with standingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best experience everOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014Not really a traditional Japanese restaurant, very Americanlized , but the experience and service was the best !! Couldn't believe how nice everyone was in the restaurant!! Definitely a perfect place for kids ! And you get a private room for you and your accompany, which is very very unusual for NYC. It's amazing you don't need to share elbow with other people !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!AllThingsNinjaDined on 9/15/2014This experience was everything I wanted it to be! The ninja staff were so energetic and fun!! I went for my birthday, and so did about five other people from the songs that broke out all over the restaurant, but it was great! The perfect birthday spot! They really take care of you and cater your experience to exactly what you want. If you are along for the ride, they go all out - scares, surprises, and special food preparations! The food, drinks, and (needless to say) the ambience, were all spot on! I couldn't get enough of this place, and I'm going back as soon as possible!Special Features:
- AmazingYummytummyl0lDined on 9/14/2014I went for a friends birthday a few years back and went for my own with my date this year! The ambiance was great and the food was delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun For All, And All For FunEqualOpportunityEaterDined on 9/14/2014Some friends and I decided to head to NINJA NY for a fun night out. We were not disappointed. The experience was a BLAST. We loved the atmosphere, the food, the magician, and our very nice server. The Ninja Art Dishes are delicious and highly entertaining. If you are looking for a lively and playful spot with great food, you are in for a treat! This could be a fun date place and it is clearly popular for birthdays. (We heard Happy Birthday around 5 times over the course of the evening.) Note: If you or anyone in your group is easily startled (and does not enjoy it even a little bit) this is probably not the place for you. If you do not enjoy being startled, but are willing to laugh about it afterwards then you are sure to be entertained.Special Features:
- GoodNikkiDined on 9/14/2014This is one of my favorite places in NYC to eat. It's great with just me and my boyfriend or with a group of friends. I own a business and I've taken my crew out to eat here for the holidays, always a great time. This time around was the first time I've been here since being vegan, and if you are vegan you can eat here, but I would like to see more veg-friendly options in the future. Vegan food can be absolutely delicious when made right, but the veg tacos were basically guac. Tacos and the veg. Rainbow role was flavorless. I'm most likely more disappointed because every meat dish I've had from here has been jaw dropping amazing. I would love to see them improve their veggie options including taste and variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ninjamidnytersxDined on 9/13/2014Had a really great time for my boyfriends birthday. Portions were more than I remember which was a good surprise. Awesome magician and nice servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodShannona1Dined on 9/13/2014Bad food, poor service. $200 for 2 adults & 2 kids.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and food!BroomflyerDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I lived dining at Ninja! We knew it was a theme restaurant and were very intrigued with this interesting find. Theme restaurants are fun, but if the food isn't good, the restaurant won't last. However this isn't the case with this restaurant! The food was delicious! My husband ordered bonfire (lamb chops), I ordered a ninja burger and we shared shrimp tempura. Although the rice in the shrimp tempura was dry, our main entrees were prepared perfectly! Loved the enthusiasm and efficiency of the wait staff. I will return and recommend this fun place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great with a fun groupNinjaInitiateDined on 9/12/2014It's definitely a unique experience. Lots of shock scares and theatrics, we found them entertaining.the magician was great. I've seen slight of hand before but this was at your table and interactive. Food is on the expensive side but you're paying for presentation as well. I would totally recommend this place for a fun group outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Place!MewMew7Dined on 9/12/2014Definitely a fun place! The restaurant is very cool. Food was good, but the atmosphere was the best part.Special Features:
- Amateur at bestMarjorieDined on 9/10/2014The entrance and theme is gorgeous. The ninja host who shows you to your ninja hut seat is very much into character. The ninja waiters are nice and fun. There is a magician walking around doing tricks for tips. The food however is horrible. I got chicken teriyaki and potatoes. My chicken was bland, the sauce tasted bitter and my potatoes and veggies were so undercooked they may have been raw. We sent our plates back and I got the ninja burger. That was good. The fries were perfect and the burger was well done but still juicy. It's probably the only thing I would order. I will NOT be returning to Ninja as a planned outing. I was not impressed at all. They should consider getting real chefs. The food seemed very cheaply made.Special Features:
- Georgeousdarkserena69Dined on 9/10/2014i just love it!!! It was really great, i got some inconvenients with my partner at the time of the schedule, but the person from there change the hour so my patner and i can still have the reservation. I recomend 100%. Excelent Show, Effects, food and very clean all the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Quality of food needs to improve. But overall experience was excellent !Special Features:
- Saw it on TV, wanted to go since.Datenight4usDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I went on a Saturday night and we had a great time. We parked on the street close to the Restaurant and everyone at Ninja was very nice and attentitive. Our food was great and the restaurant has an "A" rating from the health department. We did not get a lot of Ninjas popping in on us. That was the only draw back. It seemed like everyone around us was. To be honest, I think that the larger your group, the more interaction with the ninjas you are going to get. I will come back and bring my kids. They make some nice muddled drinks out of fresh ingredients and have an awesome vanilla ice cream. Booking thru open table was very easy and efficient. It was our first time using the service and look forward to using it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingMarcusDined on 9/6/2014The entrance is suprising and funny. Food was dissapointing, not only food itself but also timing. While we had not finished our starters, the maincourse was already dropped on our table. Starters were ok, main course not.
- Great atmosphere, ok foodams86Dined on 9/5/2014Restaurant is nicely done and staff is enthusiastic. However, the food was mediocre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ninjas!!!MysticPonchoDined on 9/1/2014The ninjas (servers) were very fun and friendly. Love how they are full of energy and make the who dinning experience fun. I love the food and I love how they present it to everyone when ordered. Will be going back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Night dining experiance in NYBirthdayDined on 9/1/2014Loved the concept, initial service was great, however once drinks were received, the service became non existent and the scares fizzled out. Enjoyable but expected more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tons of fun!fuldieDined on 9/1/2014A gem in New York. I mean... where else can you find magic ninjas?Special Features:
- fun_but....kitanaDined on 8/31/2014I loved the whole experience although the food wasnt great however, a great presentation and fun staff to be around.Something about it that still makes me go back perhaps the whole entire sceneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shoooryuken!AbbieDined on 8/31/2014i love this place. the food is so-so and it is a bit pricey, but i dont care. i love this place. the servers make it great! they're all so funny and energetic. it's definitely something to try at least once...or twice :PSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed martial artsmastertasterDined on 8/30/2014Great theme, great food presentation, great for kids once, not-so-great food, no-so-great price. Order at least one hot and one cold entree so that the table experiences both kinds of presentations.I would recommend this to a friend.