Ninfa's on Navigation
2704 Navigation Blvd
Houston, TX 77003Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Ninfa's on Navigation
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ninfas.com/
- Phone: 713-228-1175
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Alex Padilla
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Original Ninfa's prides itself on its tremendous quality in outside catering events. We would be delighted to put together a personal proposal for you. Our restaurant team can put you in touch with one of our catering consultants. Weddings Corporate Events Rehearsal Dinners or just about any event you can imagine... 713.228.1175
A word from Ninfa's on Navigation
The Original Ninfa's on Navigation Located on Navigation Boulevard just minutes from the heart of downtown Houston, the Original Ninfa's was all started with Mama Ninfa Laurenzo's creative TexMex recipes. These led to the introduction of fajitas & Mexican cuisine to North America which gained immediate success. If you're looking for a Houston Mexican restaurant, Ninfa's on Navigation is not only a local icon, having serviced politicians, celebrities & even visiting royalty, their Mexican food is unbeatable. Chef Alex Padilla uses only top quality ingredients, like Mama Ninfa herself did, & fresh Gulf of Mexico seafood like red snapper, jumbo shrimp & more. Voted Best Margaritas, you can enjoy Ninfaritas on the outdoor deck, dine on the best Mexican dishes & fajitas around and truly enjoy the great restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Ninfa's on Navigation - Best Restaurants in East Side ›
Ninfa's on Navigation reviews from OpenTable diners
173 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (100)good for groups (87)great for outdoor dining (83)great for lunch (74)fit for foodies (55)kid-friendly (54)great for brunch (49)hot spot (40)special occasion (30)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (12)romantic (7)scenic view (5)notable wine list (2)Show More
- great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Spent my bday there w family. Fajitas were delicious, tastiest in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrummajorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014This restaurant is great! The original. Not an easy place to have an intimate conversation but have a great special occasion - absolutely! Every Houstonian should visit this place. Save your money and then come on down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as always!TJLDC75VIPDined on 8/23/2014I love this place for the food AND the employees. They really go out of their way to make you happy. You won't find a happier, caring and fun bunch. The food is always great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food...service needs workbrianDined on 8/17/2014We've been coming to Ninfa's on Nav for a few years now since moving to Houston. We bring out of town guests here and they always love the food. Lately it seems that they have jammed more tables in everywhere to the point where we couldn't even get to our table this last visit. The hostess had to move someone's baby in a high chair our of the way in order for us to be able to get to our table. The food has always been good. But it seems like it comes out faster and faster every time we go. This last visit our food came out less than 5 minutes after we ordered. This makes for a rushed dinner, which in a noisy restaurant, really takes away from the enjoyment of the meal.Special Features:
- Ninfa's OriginalFoodienutDined on 8/16/2014Always a great choice for excellent Mexican food. Great margaritas fun place great for foodies.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014The two of us snuck in for a late Saturday lunch of two appetizers--bean and cheese nachos for my wife and queso flameado for me. The Horchata Borracha was refreshing as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for out of town guestsLittleTexasLadyDined on 8/12/2014Taking an out of town guest from Seattle was a great idea. He wanted good Mexican food and loved the food and ambiance. Although it is crowded and very loud, our west coast 'everything is better and cooler in Seattle' visitor was impressed.Special Features:
- A Houston ClassicmapbDined on 8/12/2014Ninfa's is a Houston institution where you can always get tasty Tex-Mex food for a good price. A 'must' if you are spending any length of time in the Houston area and want to get a taste for Mexican food, Texas style.Special Features:
- The One and Onlyjim2148Dined on 8/10/2014Ninfa's on Navigation has been my go-to Tex-Mex restaurant in Houston for 37 years.Special Features:
- resting on its laurelsrevvedDined on 8/10/2014It's impossible to screw up Tex Mex food, consisting as it does of consistent, predictable, simple ingredients. I stand corrected. This place, despite its reputation and claims to a historically significant heyday, is mediocre. Lemonade was weak -- several left their entire glass on the table and had water instead. We were a party of 6, with 4 checks. Our waiter couldn't figure out how to separate the checks, then tried to tell us the cash register system wouldn't do it (!), then told us he just couldn't because they wouldn't let him. Rice was yellow and strange-tasting. Tortilla for the taco was fried flour instead of corn. Just ok and certainly not living up to its hype. It's no longer even affiliated with an original family member.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/9/2014Shrimp diablo tacos were outstanding this past Saturday.Special Features:
- Family FeastGottaEatDined on 8/9/2014We had both of our kids along for a rare event - we sat down together to eat a meal! They can both be fussy about their food. Everyone found something they really liked. Had a great evening enjoying seeing our family and having a tasty meal complete with superior service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!TumyumDined on 8/8/2014As always we enjoyed our night out to Ninfa's. Once again, great food, great servic and a fun and lively atmosphere! Our out of town guest very much enjoyed it as well! Thanks, we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Dinner Localeccrider58Dined on 8/7/2014I loved Ninfa's on Navigation. While I waited for my party, I sat at the bar and enjoyed a couple of delicious drinks. Our food was awesome and the service was excellent. There are other Mexican restaurants located nearby on the same street, but the quality of service and food are much better to me at Ninfa's. The prices are fair also. I can hardly wait to go again. The restaurant has ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicioso!lggnd95VIPDined on 8/6/2014Great Food and great margaritas! I love the house made tortillas. Authentic Tex Mex! Don't settle for any other Ninfa's. The original is always the best!Special Features:
- Used to be my favorite Mexican foodBbrfk74Dined on 8/5/2014Something happened and it wasn't in a good way. The famous green sauce and beef fajitas just wasn't what they used to be. Used to always go to the original Ninfa's because they were the best...probably won't go back for a long time. Too bad. So sad. Although the server (Joel) was really great and deserves a raise.
- Great PlaceSanityBrokenDined on 8/4/2014Come here all the time. Food is great although the prices are a little high for lunch in my opinion. They could use a lunch menu at lower prices, although they never to seem to be short of diners so I doubt that will ever happen. When I'm not working, and I can make here in the evening, I think they have one of the best margarita's in town as well.Special Features:
- Great Time, butArealnurse23Dined on 8/2/2014It's been years since I've dined at the orginial Ninfa's and the great to know that the food and service and still amazing despite the founder no longer being present to hold court. My sixteen year old had the shrimp taco's and he's still raving and asking when are we going back. My only issue, the restrooms are not handicap accessible for those confined to a wheelchair which was the case for a member in our party. Otherwise great food and fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/1/2014Back from vacation and still in a seafood mood, I ordered the Queso del Mar [a seafood filled version of the queso flameado] and added a side of rice and refried black beans. It all hit the spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Houston's classicDaveVIPDined on 7/31/2014Ninfa's on Navigation offers a classic dining experience and a great alternative to Houston's CBD restaurants. Its specialties like Shrimp Diablo and Tacos al Carbon have been served since my first visit in 1977 when Mama Ninfa could be seen in the restaurant, daily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingTXfoodlvrDined on 7/29/2014I made a reservation so that we would be sure to get a nice table-they seated us in the bar! Service exceedingly slow and food mediocre. Will dine elsewhere in the future as Ninfa's has lost it's charm.
- DisappointedMyThoughtsDined on 7/27/2014This was our go to place for Fajitas and now it's off the table. It was so sub par, the quality is terrible. I would be embarrassed to send that quality out of the kitchen compared to how wonderful it was in the past. Everything was just poor. The service has always been slow but for a half empty place it was terrible, we had appetizers and dinner. Our dinner was out before our drinks!Special Features:
- Good foodMikeDined on 7/27/2014Try the fajitas. They're great. Service was friendly and casual at the same time. Very packed place, so make a reservation.Special Features:
- Check sports schedulesNonnaKDined on 7/26/2014Before dining at a Ninfa's on Navigation, be sure to check home game schedules for Astros and Dynamo. Both teams played home games on Saturday night, and our dining experience was less than pleasant. We had 5 pm reservations, arrived on time and were shown to a table in the barroom after a wait. The bar was packed with sports fans, noise level deafening, temperature sweltering with so many bodies packed into room. We ordered as soon as server appeared since we had two young children in our party. 45 minutes later we flagged down the only manager in sight (since our server could not be found) to ask him to check on our food. When food arrived, it was good, but waiter delivered extra rice and beans, and charged us $3.50 for them.Special Features:
- Fantastic findTJLDC75VIPDined on 7/18/2014You won't be disappointed. Great staff. Great menu. The menu is always changing and you'll love anything you order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/18/2014Had to hit Ninfa's for dinner one last time before going on a long vacation so that we could get our fix of Houston's best Mexican. We started with chili con queso and made quick work of it along with the green and red sauces. Entrees included a fajita taco salad, fajita quesadillas, crispy beef tacos and the Mixta Rio Grande [a great single order mixed grill]. Wine and margaritas rounded out the meal. I already am looking forward to getting back in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so authentic!angeVIPDined on 7/17/2014Excellent service, and delicious authentic Mexican food that you can not get everywhere! We will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014It has been years since we have been to Ninfa's, as we have moved across town. It was well worth the drive, and perfect for our anniversary. Had one of the chef's current specials, and it did not disappoint!!!
- CalgaryDined on 7/15/2014Amazing food and service; place to go for great Mexican.Special Features:
- Reservation not readyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014When we arrived, they had our reservation, but no table. We waited for 15 minutes while they hustled to find one, sat us, only I be told they gave us the wrong table and made us move, seating us at a lesser table. They were disorganized. Ok food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beGermdoctorVIPDined on 7/12/2014Arrived a few minutes before 9:15 reservation and got seated a few minutes later--okay for a busy Saturday evening. Our waiter appeared promptly to take drink and appetizer orders but never bothered to check if all of us actually had a napkin and cutlery--two of us did not and it took 2 additional contacts with waitstaff to get the utensils. Two baskets of chips arrived without any salsa and this took us a few more encounters with waitstaff to resolve. Who brings out chips without salsa!!?? Chicken fajitas were mucho mediocre and were served without tortillas. Come on guys, EVERY RESTAURANT serves either corn or flour tortillas. Don't make us beg for it. We wanted extra sour cream--10 min & 99 cents extra on bill. Never again Ninfa's!
- Totally Awesome!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014We went to the original Ninfa's before an Astros game for lunch. It was excellent. The Tacos al Carbon are unbelievable!! Service was excellent too!!! Hope I have a chance to go back soon!!Special Features:
- Always great food!jmsg8girlVIPDined on 7/11/2014Never disappointed with the food. This time, the noise level was way up....but that didn't detract from the the food.Special Features:
- Best TexMex Periodl83142Dined on 7/9/2014It was the first and remains the best TexMex and more. Their food including their Homemade corn and flour tortillas, service and ambiance are without comparison. There are lots of want to be restaurants, and licensees, but there is only one Ninfa's on Navigation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/9/2014Ninfa's is a great idea for lunch--especially easy to get to from downtown. Met a business associate and shared the Nopalito platter--shrimp, beef, chicken and pork on a sizzling comal with carmelized onions. Served with handmade flour tortillas, rice and beans, it was simply delicioso!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- **Not as great as it used to be**MexicanChicDined on 7/6/2014Overall, the food was fine however I do remember the tortillas and rice being way better years ago. The fajitas were really good. The flan was ok. This used to be my favorite Mexican restaurant and I think I will have to search out a new one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/6/2014We have been going to Ninfas on Navigation for twenty years..once a week..food is always delicious..consistent every time you go..wait staff is quick and efficient and they make sure to make you feel welcome everytime you are thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting HoustonfinefoodieDined on 7/5/2014Read the reviews & this place was great. Hardly any wait! Food was excellent & out immediately. The waiter kept checking on us to see if we needed anything. All this & the place was packed! I would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother in Law's Birthday lunchEpicureanDined on 7/5/2014I brought a party of 6 for a birthday lunch. I had heard much about the "Original Ninfa's", that a Houstonian must experience. The food was very good, cooked well, and the service was timely and efficient. Cost/value was average. Atmosphere/ ambience was relaxed and friendly. I enjoyed the meal and will go back, but did not find it "Head and Shoulders" above other Mexican restaurants where I have dined.Special Features:
- OutstandingGeeleeceeVIPDined on 7/4/2014We went back the next night it was so good! A reason to travel to Houston!Special Features: