Ninfa's on Navigation
2704 Navigation Blvd
Houston, TX 77003Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Ninfa's on Navigation
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ninfas.com/
- Phone: (713) 228-1175
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Alex Padilla
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Original Ninfa's prides itself on its tremendous quality in outside catering events. We would be delighted to put together a personal proposal for you. Our restaurant team can put you in touch with one of our catering consultants. Weddings Corporate Events Rehearsal Dinners or just about any event you can imagine... 713.228.1175
A word from Ninfa's on Navigation
The Original Ninfa's on Navigation Located on Navigation Boulevard just minutes from the heart of downtown Houston, the Original Ninfa's was all started with Mama Ninfa Laurenzo's creative TexMex recipes. These led to the introduction of fajitas & Mexican cuisine to North America which gained immediate success. If you're looking for a Houston Mexican restaurant, Ninfa's on Navigation is not only a local icon, having serviced politicians, celebrities & even visiting royalty, their Mexican food is unbeatable. Chef Alex Padilla uses only top quality ingredients, like Mama Ninfa herself did, & fresh Gulf of Mexico seafood like red snapper, jumbo shrimp & more. Voted Best Margaritas, you can enjoy Ninfaritas on the outdoor deck, dine on the best Mexican dishes & fajitas around and truly enjoy the great restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Ninfa's on Navigation - Best Restaurants in East Side ›
Ninfa's on Navigation reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (85)good for groups (74)great for outdoor dining (69)great for lunch (57)fit for foodies (43)kid-friendly (37)hot spot (36)great for brunch (28)special occasion (22)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (10)romantic (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- Awful Service From The BarOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/19/2014Margarita was just sugar syrup. No tequila or triple sec that I could taste. No buzz. After I sent it back, the replacement was the same. What's wrong with the bartender?
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014We really enjoy Ninfa's, but were disappointed this time. We made reservations for 7 so that we would not have to wait, and would have plenty of room. They seated us at a table for 6 and we were a bit crowded. When we asked for a larger table, we were told there were none available. What's the point in making a reservation?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lonertableDined on 11/14/2014We sat at one table in the back that was the only 2 person table among tables of 10+. I felt that we were just stuck in the middle of the floor and very loud because of the bigger groups. Could designate the back to for bigger parties and the middle section for 4 people or less. Can get really crazy on Friday night. The great food made up for it though and the great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekly eventSundaysatisfiedDined on 11/9/2014Our Sunday lunch at Ninfa's is an almost weekly event we look forward to. Consistent quality food but it is the service that keeps us coming back. We make a weekly reservation for our favorite area & waitor! Thank you for a very pleasent & enjoyable event1Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/8/2014I've now eaten at Ninfa's on Navigation twice. The margaritas were amazing both times, and the atmosphere out on the patio is so fun! The food is pretty good, but I didn't find it anything super stellar - don't get me wrong, it is good, but not the best thing I've ever had. It's definitely still worth going, especially if you're feeling festive and want a fun spot for dinner!Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationGottaEatDined on 11/8/2014This was the third visit to Ninfas. The food quality is consistantly good. It was busier during our last visit but we actually had better service although the service this time was not poor it just was not as good. The only negative was thing when we entered someone had taken our reservation. Luckily it was not too busy and they were able to get us a table promptly. Everyones food in our party was very good even though we tried some items we had not ordered prior.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/6/2014Tried to order an old favorite, the quarter pound of chicken fajitas prepared "ala mexicana" style, but was told a half-pound is now the smallest order available. I wasn't that hungry and couldn't use the leftovers this particular weekend, so I chose something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Houston's Tex-Mex LegendOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/31/2014Halloween night found us at Ninfa's getting fortified for that evening's parties. We had bean and cheese nachos that come with plenty of guacamole, sour cream, pico and jalapenos. For the entree, our choice was the Seafood Enchiladas. The bar still kicks out killer margs and pours better than expected wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun on HalloweenDrJoelDined on 10/31/2014Waiters dressed in full costume with face makeup. Flexible- changed my reservation without a hassle. Seated quickly. Attention to refilling iced tea, etc. very buzy and great service. Good outstanding and good assortment of drinks. Parking available and easy, even with a full restaurant. A great, fun evening on Halloween!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/29/2014We had an early dinner, so the place was relatively quiet. Each of the four of us enjoyed a different entrée - from flautas and carnitas to chicken fajitas and a combo dinner. And came away full as always. Our outgoing waiter, Coto, was especially helpful and accommodating. Two of the group were newbies when it came to Mexican food, so more explanations were in order. Rounds of margaritas completed the meals perfectly. My wife and I are locals and have been here a number of times, altho not for a couple of years. It's nice to see that the Ninfas restaurant we have enjoyed in the past is still doing things right and warranted our taking out-of-town guests there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014the waitress we had was horrible, took way too long to even come to table...also chips and sauce alone took forever.......most likely will not be coming in for lunch!Special Features:
- Tacos al la Ninfa13ramrodDined on 10/28/2014The green sauce is always excellent...and the tacos al la Ninfa were outstanding...Special Features:
- Unusual ExperienceGeboDined on 10/26/2014The food was great but the service was not. We usually have a great experience at Ninfa's on Navigation - great food, great service, great atmosphere. So we brought friends during their visit to Houston and it was not what we were expecting. The service was very slow. But the worst part was that our server had lame excuses for each and every delay.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2014Kady was amazing as always. She was very attentive to our needs and over exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/24/2014Slipped in for a Friday lunch with some business associates and went with my current favorite, the Enchiladas del Mar. Order them with the refried Black beans and you have a terrific meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014The ambiance and food was outstanding. The service could use a bit of improvement. it took them a while to get salsa and chips on our table and we had to wait on refills of tea and water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great fajitasjmsg8girlVIPDined on 10/18/2014My favorite fajitas in town! And I love the red sauce and queso, too!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/18/2014Saturday brunch comes without any of the hassle associated with the interpretation of TABC Sunday morning alcohol restrictions. One of us was in a breakfast mood and had the torta diablo [shrimp omelet] while the other was ready for lunch choosing the classic cheese enchilada plate. Yum! Margaritas and mimosas rounded out the start of a leisurely day.Special Features:
- Great Food and DrinksnanofoodieDined on 10/17/2014Excellent Service, Great food, Lively atmosphere Enjoyed the Sangria and the NinfaritasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmyBDined on 10/17/2014Ninfa's is one of our all time favorite restaurants. Don't miss the queso flameado!Special Features:
- Great Mexican FoodKtaylor113Dined on 10/16/2014Ninfa's is consistently the best Mexican Restaurant I've found. I go there every time I am in Houston. I've never found a place that can compete with them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome, Interesting MexicanstellabixDined on 10/14/2014Usually menus at Mexican restaurants look exactly the same... fajitas, tacos, enchiladas, and that's about it. While Ninfa's on Navigation has all of those items, it not only does them really well, but offers an interesting spin on them. The service was very attentive, the ambiance is lovely, and the food was delicious. Will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- good place to take touristshoustonfoodieVIPDined on 10/14/2014Kind of heavy Tex-Mex food, tasty, but not really for those watching blood sugar or calories.Special Features:
- Great foodmexfoodfanaticDined on 10/11/2014Our waitress was wonderful and so was the food! We never ran out of chips or drinks. Even though the restaurant was busy, we were still seated at our table by our reservation time. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/11/2014With an old friend back in town for the first time in over a decade, we hit Navigation on Saturday evening for a terrific dinner featuring chili con queso, tacos ala Ninfa and Enchiladas del Mar all washed down by the iconic Ninfarita and some good vino tinto! Ninfa's is still bringing it after 41 years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014WAY over priced for food that was nothing special. I have had a lot better fajitas
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/5/2014Had looked forward to Sunday morning brunch at Ninfa's in advance of the Texans game. In 30 plus years of dining here, I'm not sure I've ever encountered so many problems. They will no longer serve you alcohol [10 a.m. to noon] without an entree being in front of you claiming this is due to TABC rules. However those rules allow them to serve alcohol "in conjunction with the service of food." Pretty much every other restaurant in Houston will serve you once you have ordered your food. We tried a workaround of ordering queso as a starter and were told they still couldn't serve us until an entree arrived. So does this mean if my meal is several appetizers that they would never serve me?? We love Ninfa's. But no longer for Sunday brunch.
- Ninfa's ExcellenceMOCityDinerDined on 10/1/2014Ninfa's on Navigation is still my favorite Mexican food place in Houston. The atmosphere is quaint, crowded, but not clamoring. The Redfish Tacos are at the top of the menu listing for good reason. Home-made tortillas, excellent Pico and sauce compliment the moist, lightly seasoned, grilled fish. Seating was fast and efficient, wait staff was attentive, but not intrusive.Special Features:
- Friday September 26 2014 8:45pmAdamDined on 9/26/2014Ninfa's has been a part my families tradition for over four decades. My parents took me as a child in the 70's and I still feel like I'm coming home when I dine at Ninfa's today. The past 5 years has brought many of changes to the area, I believe Ninfa's is preparing to move along with the times as well. While I do miss the intimate ambiance I do understand the necessity of the expansion. Like a merger in a corporation, there is bound to be turbulence, which I witnessed first hand. I commend the staff, management, and owners for the success that has come out of this transition. Ninfa's is always a treat for our family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/26/2014Tried the Enchiladas del Mar--predominantly filled with shrimp while topped with crabmeat--and they were OUTSTANDING. Went with the refried black beans which matched up better than regular refrieds or the charro beans for that matter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this placeTJLDC75VIPDined on 9/26/2014You can never go wrong when you chose Ninfa's on Navigation. The food is great and the service is fantastic!Special Features:
- Seemed a little off tonightjmsg8girlVIPDined on 9/23/2014The fajitas tasted great, but weren't sizzling when they arrived. Service was a litte slow...probably just an off night, since this is the first time we've had either of those issues.
- First Time Here!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014I had always wanted to try Ninfa's and was in the area and decided to have dinner. Its a cute little restaurant. The food was good! I just had fajitas and to me they were like any other Mexican restaurant. Maybe next time I'll try a specialty dish. The service was great. Everyone was working fast and made sure you were ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must do in HoustonDinnerGuestDined on 9/16/2014As most reviews suggest the is the best and most authentic mexican restaurant in Houston. Nice strong Margaritas too!Special Features:
- Best fajitas in HoustonChzHead005Dined on 9/14/2014We got a mixed fajita plate with chicken, beef, shrimp, ribs & pork…wow, very awesome. Guacamole was fresh, not pre made or "store bought." Ninfas flour tortillas can't be beat. The desserts we shared were amazing…flan with caramel and tres leches with marshmallow topping, double WOW!! Ninfas on Navigation is always a real treat. Davila, our sever, was top-notch!!Special Features:
- Favorite Fajitas!jmsg8girlVIPDined on 9/13/2014Even though we only had the fajita nachos - they were the best!
- Ninfa's Trip down memory laneJaneAustenDined on 9/7/2014Although Mama Ninfa is no longer at the door to great us it felt like stepping back in time when we went to Ninfa's on Navigation. We hadn't been in years but it was still just as she left it-- dingier but still fun. Margarettas are still delicious but skip the frozen ones and get the original on the rocks. Taco al carbon beef are better than chicken and the charro beans are a must over the refried but the best part is the wait staff-- always have smiles on their faces, happy to ask questions, they support one another including the bus folks...it's like a dance and fun to watch. Even the valets get in on the happiness adventure...Special Features:
- If there is Tex-Mex in heaven...wildbillDined on 9/6/2014...it will be cooked by Mama Ninfa! I love this place, mostly for the food, but the clientele as well -- it draws in the old and the young, families and couples, and all ethnic groups. There's absolutely nothing like eating fajitas at the place that (virtually) invented them. Add a Dos Equis beer and you'll think you are in heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to parMomzDined on 9/6/2014First let me say that I LOVE Ninfa's ... however, this visit missed the mark everywhere. Service: the restaurant had been open for almost an hour but the tables werent set and it took 15 minutes for anyone to even approach us. Lunch menu was left with us, no brunch menu (its 11:00 am people - ask which menu or deliver both!). Once we were finally noticed, service was better. Drinks: the bloody mary mix was way over salted ... and I mean it was terrible. I tried to drink them since that's what I prefer for brunch. Had to switch to margarita - no offer was made to fix the bloody mary mix. Food: served cold. I hate cold food. I don't return food to the kitchen because you never know what will happen. Very disappointed this visit.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/5/2014Went with the Mixta Rio Grande--an individual grilled platter featuring shrimp, chicken, beef and pork along with rice, beans, guacamole and tortillas. Delicioso!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.