Ninety Thirty Dining Lounge - Carriage House Inn
9030 Macleod Tr. South
Calgary, AB T2H 0M4Neighborhood:
CanadianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Ninety Thirty Dining Lounge - Carriage House Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.carriagehouse.net/
- Phone: (403) 253-1101
- Hours of Operation:
Ninety Thirty Dining Lounge: Dinner only 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Carriage House Inn Brunch: Sundays only 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International, Canadian
- Executive Chef: Andrew Carine, CCC
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ninety Thirty Dining Lounge offers an elegant and sophisticated fine dining experience, combining imaginative contemporary cuisine and impeccable service. A comprehensive and unique wine list has been created to enhance your dining experience.
- Special Events: Book your table for the Carriage House Inn's Award Winning Sunday Brunch online!
A word from Ninety Thirty Dining Lounge - Carriage House Inn
The Ninety Thirty Dining Lounge offers an elegant and sophisticated fine dining experience, combining imaginative contemporary cuisine and impeccable service. A comprehensive wine list, which is unique in vintage and selection, has been created to enhance your dining experience.Continued
***NEW*** Book your table for the Carriage House Inn's Award Winning Sunday Brunch online!
***NEW*** Book your table for the Carriage House Inn's Award Winning Sunday Brunch online!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Ninety Thirty Dining Lounge - Carriage House Inn - Best Restaurants in Calgary ›
Ninety Thirty Dining Lounge - Carriage House Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- TerriblejcreelsDined on 9/20/2014I would not go back. The food was terrible and service was OK. We only went cause we had a gift certificate. The prices are terribly high for what you get.
- Not fine dininglewdvigVIPDined on 9/13/2014Restaurant is tiny, tacked on to a restaurant cafeteria so the kitchen and waiter staff are shared. Our waiter was looking after tables on boths sides, mostly on the cafeteria side. Food was not very good, starting from the muse bouche right through to desert. Flavours were uneven, ingredients did not seem very fresh, and temperatures were not good - example main course of elk: the meat was cold but the garnish was hot. We were the only people in the restaurant. Tables around us were not set. People came in looking for tables but there was no hostess to seat them so they left. It really felt like a half hearted effort, or a place that has accepted a grim fate. Consider this a warning, spend your $80-100 per person elsewhere.
- Ninety Thirty Dining LoungeChocolateloverDined on 8/16/2014A special family night was planned and I wanted to go somewhere new to us. The Open Table comments and ratings helped me choose Ninety Thirty. My stepmom had just turned 90, and she enjoyed the evening, the food, the wine and the service, she said she would happily return to or recommend this restaurant. The four of us ordered different main courses and each one was generous. The desserts were equally hard to choose from, with my son and I both opting for a hot chocolate lava-type cake. Our server, Pierre Paul, is the assistant manager of the restaurant, and he was very attentive, making sure everyone was happy with their wine, salads, meals and desserts. I will also return there to try something else from their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not fine diningfoodoutlawDined on 7/22/2014I visited this restaurant as it was billed as fine dining with a 1000pnt reservation. The charcuterie was more like a deli tray and cost more than that of the "lake house" (which i love btw) the "german dumplings" served with the elk steak appeared to be nothing more than instant stuffing rolled into a ball. Very dissapointed with the quality for the price.
- The following 31 reviews are from the Ninety Thirty Dining Lounge - Carriage House Inn reviews archive.
- Very nice anniversary dinnerexserverDined on 7/19/2014We had a wonderful meal, Pierre-Paul was a skilled and charming server. The food was great, the halibut cheeks, lamb,and dessert was top notch. Price was mid to high end, but the portions were definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was alrightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014I was looking forward to the steak but it did not exceed my expectations. Tasted sort of dry.Special Features:
- Service was fantasticJoizeeVIPDined on 5/17/2014I haven't written a review in ages however our experience at Ninety Thirty on Saturday night deserves a word. I wish I could remember the fellow's name that waited on us that evening but I honestly don't recall? This guy worked that room like nothing I have ever seen and he deserves the highest commendation for his professionalism under pressure. I am not totally clear on why this poor guy was left to work the front dining room, hostess stand, bar etc. on his own but he did an incredible job. There were at least 6 - 8 tables...all with a party of 4 or more (one table was 8 or 10 people including small children) Our waiter not only delivered to our table without a hiccup...but managed to keep every table in the place impressed.Special Features:
- Needs better serviceLadySMAVIPDined on 3/29/2014I admit the appetizers were fantastic and everything was plated beautifully, however the entree and desserts were less than desirable. Service staff was split between the restaurant and neighbouring Hotel cafeteria and thus most tables in the restaurant were wholly neglected. Definitely removing this restaurant from my list.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/25/2014I had no idea this place was there until I saw it on Open Table. I definitely do not regret giving them a shot. The service was excellent and the food was more than amazing. I am looking forward to going back to try more of the menu.Special Features:
- Excellent foodAuroraVIPDined on 3/8/2014I ordered the duck which was very excellent. My husband had the prime rib which he said was very good. His portion was very large. My portion was just the right size for my smaller appetite. The restaurant is very small. Only about 10 tables. This being the case the tables for two are placed against a glass wall along a hallway where guests of the hotel were walking backing and forth. Found this to be less than ideal. The music in the restaurant was was louder than I would have liked and did nothing for the ambience of the restaurant. The service was attentive but not hovering. Kudos to the chef and staff but ambience was lacking.Special Features:
- Prime RIBAllanDined on 2/22/2014Excellent Prime rib ,Great service The chef sent an appetizer .a very nice treatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every thing was good to veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/21/2014Every thing was good to very good except for the server, as the connection with our group and him was lacking thus the 18% gratuity was in excess. At the time 10 people there and it was not really busy and he could have been a little more attentive to our group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romance and Great FoodYumsDined on 2/14/2014Ambience was fitting for Valentine's dinner for two. We liked that the restaurant only catered to couples. The servers were attentive and were quick to top up beverages. The lobster entree was generous in portion size. They tasted amazing - sweet, succulent and fresh. The steak entree was also delicious. The meat was tender and cooked perfectly as requested. We will return for next Valentine's Day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Dinnerluv2dine38Dined on 2/14/2014We dined here for Valentine's day. It was a 3 course set menu for $36 with a few choices for each course. The atmosphere was romantic and inviting. The restaurant itself is small, accomodates approx 30 people so it was cozy and dimly lit. Service was a bit slow as it seemed that almost all diners arrived within a half hour window and there were only a couple of servers working. A couple of tables that arrived after us were served first as we were left waiting for quite a while, so this was frustrating to see. The food was well made and tasty, although I requested my steak be medium-rare and received it more on the medium-well side. Overall it was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- intimate dinningvalentinedayspecialDined on 2/14/2014Very good restaurant if you want something intimate and classy . Very good service. My food took a little while to arrive but the server offered me a free glass of wine for my patience and a shot of hazelnut liquor for free. The ambiance was good. Food was good too but i would have liked more choices for the special menu. I definetly recommend this retaurant if you want something private.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet get away.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014I went here for a nice quiet place to have dinner. It was just that. Food is good, maybe a bit pricy for what you get but no real complaints. Service was good, and like i mentioned it was quiet and easy to talk to the person i was with.Special Features:
- One of Calgary's BestGreatTasteDined on 1/18/2014We had a 8:30 reservation on Saturday night and had the place to ourselves. Some people may not like that but we really enjoyed the privacy and intimacy. They have big curtains that block the restaurant from the hotel hallway that were open so there was the occasional random person walking by staring in. We would have liked to have them closed but that was really the only complaint we had. The food was amazing!!! I mean really amazing and our waiter Pierre was very pleasant, knowledgeable and prompt. We will defiantly be back and will be tell our friends about this hidden gem!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our meals were both lamb withOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/16/2014Our meals were both lamb with gnocchi and the lamb was prepared very well but the sauce for the gnocchi was more like a heavy gravy than a sauce that would add flavour to the meal. The caesar salad had a heavy taste in the dressing which we found disappointing. We have had better meals before and were not sure we would return if this quality continued. The waiter is always polite, very well mannered and attentive.
- Great food, Ok ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/15/2013The food was wonderful. The beef was tender and tasty with good portions. The server seemed a bit distracted. Missed a few things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trying hard to be formalYYCEatzDined on 12/5/2013Celebrated my 2nd wedding anniversary here. This place has real potential with the menu selection and atmosphere. The downside is the service was extremely slow and some of the practices were off setting. For example, the wife ordered a glass of red wine and she got to watch the waitress take a glass from the counter and proceed to rinse it out before bringing it to the table (still wet inside the glass). When we were going to proceed with ordering, the hostess came over and asked if we were ready to order. She then proceeded to take our menus and said the waitress would be over shortly to take our order....which was about 15 minutes later. So when he did come, it definitely was fun trying to remember the name of the entree.
- One of the best meals out I've hadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013I took my wife to the 9030 restaurant at the Carriage House Inn for her birthday (I won't say which one, she'll kill me) and have to admit that this was the perfect choice. The meal arrived without delay, with each course timed very well. We didn't feel rushed and didn't starve between courses either. When it arrived it was prepared just how it was ordered. The wine list was not extensive but more than enough to choose from and reasonably priced too. This was one of the best dining experiences we have had. I would definitely recommend this as a 'go to' place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placesoupDined on 10/19/2013Nice and quiet nice soft jazz playing, a group of french people came and it got noiseySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Never Lets Us DownCapeBretonRocksDined on 8/21/2013If you are looking for a great place to dine then the Ninety Thirty Dining Lounge is the place to go. The menu is only one page long but choosing from the list of entrees is difficult because they all sound so good and the best part is, they all taste great as well. If you order the Prime Rib dinner make sure you bring your appetite with you as you get what you pay for and more! The service is also amazing! Although we only get to the restaurant a couple of times a year, the waiter remembers us and what we ordered the last time. He definitely makes you feel special! Also, his wine suggestions are also spot on and delicious! This is a great choice if you have the time to sit and enjoy a very delicious eating experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambience, StaffLuvGreatFoodDined on 8/10/2013Our group of 10+ persons were well-taken care of. Relaxing atmosphere. Good food. Great for a romantic dinner or a group celebration. Our waiter was very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Overall ExperienceLike2dineDined on 8/5/2013We were a group of 19, celebrating our patriarch's 86th birthday. The restaurant conferred with me beforehand to arrange a birthday cake and make sure they were comfortable with our needs. I was met at the start of the night by the waiter, who was kind, accommodating, and unruffled throughout. The food was expensive, but the children were offered a separate menu, which was very reasonable. The food was excellent. We had a variety of appetizers and mains, and not a single one of us was disappointed. All in all, I highly recommend this restaurant for large groups and special occasions, or just for a very nice meal out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was good except....ADubyaDined on 6/7/2013Was a little shocked to see the server automatically enter 18% for a tip. I hate it when restaurants do this. It's an assumption on their part that everything was fantastic. And while everything was good, I don't think that it merited an 18% tip.I would recommend this to a friend.
- super!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/25/2013our waiter was fantastic. he recommend a great dessert and gave us very friendly service.Special Features:
- Fantastic mature dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013We went out to celebrate my husband's birthday and we had a party of ten which was accommodated very nicely into the restaurant. The atmosphere was mature which was perfect for us. Not one member of our party had been to Ninety Thirty before but everyone was thrilled with the choice and enjoyed the dining experience. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Not worth the money...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2012The restaurant was very nice however every table that we sat at was wobbly. When we asked to fix it the waiter tried to jam a coaster under the table without any result. We moved to a different table but it had the same issue. The steak was well prepared however the cut of meat was less than exciting. Coffee machine was more than awful and the waiter was kind enough to let us know not to order coffee. Not worth the $100+ it costs for two to dine there.
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/29/2012This was our first time at this restaurant an we were very pleasantly surprised. Portion sizes were good and the service was great. Will definitely go back to try the prime rib dinner. Great prices for the quality and quantity of food provided
- We had made a reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/24/2012We had made a reservation on-line and was confirmed. But when we showed up, there was a private party going on and the restaurant was booked for the whole evening. We were seated outside of the restaurant in another area where it was like sitting in the street. I ordered the venison and the sauce was too strong and salty.
- this was our first visit toKtweedieVIPDined on 6/1/2012this was our first visit to Ninety Thirty. Overall, we did enjoy our experience. Our server was very good. We both had the venison and it was delicious and it was was cooked perfectly. My only complaint would be that there was no veg and no garnish what so ever. If you are a true meet and potatoes person, this would be the dish for you. Minor issue, though....we will still go back.Special Features:
- The food, ambiance was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/19/2012The food, ambiance was great. The gentleman who served us was very very good. Great experience.Special Features:
- This was an amazing venueOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/14/2012This was an amazing venue and our waiter Pierre Paul was exceptional.Special Features:
- We were seated next to theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2011We were seated next to the busy hallway traffic. I would suggest that the curtains should be closed for dining, One of the prime ribs was very chewy. Potatoes were very tasty.