Nineteen - XIX
200 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Nineteen - XIX
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nineteenrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2157901919
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Saturday: 6:30am - 11:30am
Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm -10:30pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Late Night Light Menu:
Friday - Saturday: 11:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday - Wednesday: 2:00pm - 12:30am
Thursday - Friday: 2:00pm - 2:00am
Saturday: 12:30pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Hebben
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: State of the art Bang & Olufsen sound system. Musical accommodations artfully chosen by international music stylist Mark Barrott
- Cross Street: Walnut Street
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet is available off Chancellor Court at the entrance to Hyatt at The Bellevue Hotel. Hotel parking is available off Broad & Locust Streets in the Bellevue Garage with special rates for diners. $16.50.
Special parking rates for lunch and dinner. Any 3 hour period up to 5pm is $6.50. Any 3 hour period after 5pm is $10.00.
A word from Nineteen - XIX
Nineteen is an American Brasserie, café, bar & restaurant featuring sweeping views of the city's skyline from the 19th floor of the Hyatt at The Bellevue. Philadelphia's "highest" restaurant offers a seafood centric menu of new American dishes in a stylish atmosphere that combines the building's historic architectural elements with a warm & inviting design scheme.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Nineteen - XIX - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Nineteen - XIX reviews from OpenTable diners
185 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (139)romantic (125)special occasion (121)fit for foodies (67)good for groups (44)great for outdoor dining (44)great for lunch (42)notable wine list (35)great for brunch (32)vibrant bar scene (25)hot spot (19)neighborhood gem (17)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- JimmyDined on 10/23/2014The main room is very attractive and the seating well spaced. The lunchtime buffet with served main course is quite pleasant.Special Features:
- Worth the view that's itPhillyfoodieDined on 10/18/2014Came here for a special occasion, was a little early so went to the bar until our table was ready. The bar was awesome great views and a cool atmosphere drinks were a little pricy but they were strong. We sat at a table by the windows but there was a draft and it was freezing. Our waiter took forever to come over to us for the first time. The calamari was good as an appetizer but we waited almost an hour for our actual meals. I ordered the scallop entree and when it came out I was shocked to see three scallops on a plate with some corn. Not worth the price tag on it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014This was my second time here. The first time was good, so I brought my family this time. It was a bad experience. Dinner took over 3 hours. The service was poor. I'm not sure if they were understaffed or just inattentive? The food was okay, and over priced. They offered to compensate us for the extra waiting by a free glass of wine, after we had purchased a bottle already. They ended up charging us extra for that "complimentary" wine. It's a beautiful atmosphere, but unfortunately I won't be going back again, nor recommending it to anyone.
- A little disappointingmoezDined on 10/10/2014While our server was excellent and very accommodating I would definitely re-think my entree choice if I return. I've been to Spain and authentic Spanish restaurants in other major cities so I know good paella. XIX boasts being a seafood centric restaurant so I expected their paella to be very good. It came with 2 tiny clams and 2 tiny mussels--- no chicken, no chorizo, no other seafood, for $31. My 6 pc. oyster appetizer was disappointing as well---very small oysters. I love the atmosphere here and have been here numerous times, and expected better food to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveDined on 10/10/2014Just elegant. Always is. Peaceful and beautiful setting. Attentive service and good food.Special Features:
- MaryDined on 10/9/2014Wonderful in all regards. A reason to stay in hotel.Special Features:
- Cafe XIX Fixed Price Menu Treat!JluphlVIPDined on 10/9/2014We love the $22 Fixed Price Menu at Cafe XIX. Appetizers & Desserts are on buffet and there is a great selection of Entrees to order. The views are spectacular & the ambience is elegant, but comfortable. Big shout out to Luba & Anowar for consistently excellent professional service. We eat here frequently and everything on the menu is delicious. One of the best dining spot in Philly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/8/2014Wonderful food, a great view, excellent service. We were celebrating a friend's birthday and she was delighted.Special Features:
- City GemSecretReviewerDined on 10/5/2014Good Food, Below Fair Service, Great Atmosphere! Waitress was all over the place and not as attentive to our needs. Bill pay couldn't find her. Table had a great view of the city. The public restroom was an elevator floor down and not fun to do in the middle of a meal. Pleasant host & great Mimosas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014While this is probably not as trendy a restaurant as others in the City, the food was top notch. Caesar salad was perfectly dressed. Steak frites was terrific, osso bucco was wonderful. Calamari was very good - could be a little more tender. Desserts could use a little more oomph. Overall we would be happy to go again. Our service was not great, but the food made up for it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and decorLouBrolicDined on 10/4/2014There is not much not to like about XIX. We did arrive on a busy Saturday night and there was a large party in the main dining area which took up a lot of space and in turn led us to be seated at a table that would be within inches of another party. We asked to be moved to a table with a bit more privacy with no problem. The décor of the hotel and the restaurant are excellent establishing a romantic and relaxing mood. The grilled squid salad appetizer was excellent as was my scallops dinner that had a very interesting mix of crab and corn. The best part as always was desert, where the caramel apple flan type cake with ice cream was the perfect balance of not too sweet and creamy. Overall, excellent dinner and a great time in the city.Special Features:
- Thank you!tibbyDined on 10/3/2014Outstanding atmosphere, excellent customer service, with delicious entrees to accent this spectacular restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- people7000VIPDined on 10/1/2014Great food and service as always. Server made sure we were out in time for the opera.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good DiningEmilHDined on 9/24/2014We enjoyed our dinning experience. Disappointed we were not informed (when we reserved) the main dining room was being used for a private party.Special Features:
- Need Romance? HERE!PhillyRomanceDined on 9/20/2014Gentlemen, need a romantic place to go? With atmosphere? Great food? Excellent service? Beautiful views? This is it! It was so romantic that after a week I am still hearing about it; not just me, but her family, friends, co-workers! We planned to sit inside but were told we could sit earlier if we wanted to sit on the balcony; perfect idea! Gorgeous view! Food was fantastic and service was awesome. Price was very reasonable. Make sure you dress; it is fine dining and one should dress like it! Take your wife/girlfriend and you will know that this is what she wants! It was so good that my girlfriend has now offered to spring for the room in the Bellevue and dinner at XIX! XIX has made a fan and I will return. PERFECT ROMANCE!Special Features:
- 10 AnniversaryTen10XDined on 9/20/2014It was an amazing experience dinning at XIX...while seating us the waiter congratulated our 10yr celebration by offering two glasses of champagne. Through out the evening he continued with wonderful service. We later had cocktails at the bar. Then took pictures for keepsake in the cafe out door eating area. Talk to others while enjoying the scenery. Altogether an amazing 10yr celebration at XIX...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect settingDahlia1776VIPDined on 9/20/2014We had a lovely dinner on one of the outdoor balcony's that lucky for us, faced the sunset. Dominic, our waiter, was fabulous and provided us with a perfect dining experience. We will be back again, often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sosoDined on 9/19/2014The decor was great, cocktails great but the food not so much. The rice in my paella was uncooked.Special Features:
- Beautiful location; good foodBarbee624Dined on 9/19/2014XIX is a beautiful restaurant that we visited during restaurant week. The food was very good, just not a lot of it (small portions--could have been due to restaurant week menu). It is a bit loud in there due to the layout of the room (large open rotunda). We were disappointed with their cocktails (we ordered a top shelf vodka martini that was almost undrinkable because it was so strong/bitter). Replaced with one that wasn't much better. Worst martini ever! Service was just so-so. Dishes came out too fast (we felt rushed even though the place was not overly crowded). The waitress was not overly attentive and towards the end of our meal completely ignored us. Brought the check without asking if we needed anything else (i.e. coffee)Special Features:
- Restaurant week outingCheyenneVIPDined on 9/19/2014Me and my friend came here for restaurant week, I tried to order a drink at the bar while waiting for my friend. Took the bartender like 5 mins to get with me even though I was sitting there for a good amount of time, and even took another person that had just walked up before me. Finally got my cocktail which was yummy. We got seated and our waiter took about 10 mins to greet us. He kind of argued with us about the dessert menu which was completely different than it was online. My first course was good, small portions though. My second course the red snapped was not too good. And the veal my friend had also wasnt anything to write home about. Didnt like my dessert either. Our waiter was so slow until it was time to give us the check. EhSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10'sXIX19Dined on 9/19/2014I was very happy with this selection. It would be every nice if I were able to take advantage of the happy hour specials, considering did make table reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous inside and out!MeghDined on 9/18/2014Decor, food, and service were all excellent! Absolutely nothing to complain about. We went for restaurant week so it was nice to experience a "fancy" restaurant for a reasonable price. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A solid "occasion" venuemakosphereDined on 9/18/2014An amazingly beautiful space with epic skyline views, great service, and good traditional/american/european food. Nice presentation/plating and portion sizes are just right. Dessert (a mousse with salted caramel and flourless chocolate cake w/raspberry mousse) was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A jokeMrHabesha215Dined on 9/18/2014The food was terrible. I read some reviews that stated terrible food. But when I had a chance to taste it. I figured it was a joke. I couldn't believe it. Red snapper tasteless and the Lima beans were like rocks.Special Features:
- Horrible Experiencefoodaholic01Dined on 9/18/2014I had reservations however I went back to modify it and when I arrived they said they never received and I had to sit in a makeshift lobby area where they put tables and chairs. Next, I thought the purpose of restaurant week was to put your best dishes out to make people want to come back?? Nope food was horrible! All courses horrible. Worst food I've tasted in years possible ever. Portions so small its an insult to the customer. Be advised they have this ridiculous policy to hold an additional 20 to 40% extra on your card when you pay with a credit or debit card. This is not a hotel. And you have to wait days before it changes. They don't even tell u...I checked my account and they took way more money out than I signed for. OverattedSpecial Features:
- ExquisiteFoodieFrenzyDined on 9/18/2014I decided to book a reservation for 3 just to see what the rave was all about. I was 100% satisfied with the waitstaff..the ambiance...the decorum.. (the giant pearl chandelier had me in awe...I LOVE pearls). All courses were delicious! Portions were that of fine dining so expect that. But the total experience was for a 3 in my party was a good one. Would definitely recommend and return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekDinefineDined on 9/18/2014Great atmosphere. We dined outside on the balcony. Food was not all that great. My veal was bland and a bit dry. Service was attentive but felt lacking. No explanations or offering of, about the menu. Recommended for a first time experience but not to multiple occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lousy food in a beautiful settingBelleVIPDined on 9/17/2014The service was not very attentive. The entrees arrived cold and appeared to have been pre-made and left sitting out. The desserts sounded and looked wonderful, but were not good and were left uneaten.
- Amazing desserts!GabbyDined on 9/17/2014XIX is a wonderful place with great food! However, my favorite part of the meal were the amazing desserts by pastry chef Bradley Howell! My party got different desserts and I tried them all and they were all flawless. The service was also great and the ambiance is definitely something else. Make sure to dress up for this place because it is pretty fancy.Special Features:
- Couldn't be more wonderful!GoSeeDineDined on 9/17/2014The outdoor seating with breathtaking views was not the only thing remarkable about this restaurant, but the service from our waiters and waitresses is second to none. Everyone who made contact with our table knew we were there to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday, and wished him a happy birthday! I think it was a very simple gesture that certainly went a long way in adding that personal touch. His night was very special. They have my gratitudeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and elegant placeFoodie4LifeDined on 9/16/2014This place is beautiful, scenic, romantic (if that's what you need) and the food is great. They have a great wine list and the ambiance is fantastic!Special Features:
- Unexpected surpriseAjaiTheFoodieDined on 9/16/2014My mother and I decided to try out XIX (Nineteen) at the last minute, but I'm so glad we went. Not knowing what to expect, the restaurant far exceeded anything I could've imagined. Our server was knowledgable of the menu. The food was phenomenal. The teamwork of everyone in thee restaurant was amazing. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful inside and outSickNaastyDined on 9/16/2014XIX is one of my favorite restaurants in the city. The beautiful view makes any occasion that much more special. The food was phenomenal as usual and I really enjoyed myself there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for restaurant week!CaraBellaDined on 9/16/2014Me and a friend chrcked out XIX for restaurant week and it was perfect. We had a table outside with an amazing view, the service was beyond exceptional and the food tasted magnificent as well. I will definitely be going back. I want to check out their afternoom tea!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StaceyDined on 9/16/2014I chose XIX again for restaurant week because I enjoyed it so much the last time. I had lunch on 9/16/14 with a friend. I had the prime rib panini and it was so delicious, I asked another friend to go back the next day. This is where the problem occured. The prime rib panini was still on the menu, but they ran out. This was very disappointing since I thinking about that sandwich all that morning. The substitute was a turkey pastrami panini. It was horrible. I feel the restaurant knew that their restaurant would be busy during this time and they were not prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try it!Lov2dineDined on 9/16/2014The wait staff was pleasant and courteous, the food delicious. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. My companions were also extremely satisfied with my choice in restaurants and their meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!Fashionista1980Dined on 9/12/2014The restaurant is beautiful. Great staff. They were kind and helpful. I would definitely recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The ambiance is nice but the food was not the best. The service was awesome.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere; Mediocre foodTulipa333Dined on 9/12/2014Went for restaurant week. Appetizer: I ordered steak ceviche- barely had any flavor at all; super bland. For entree i ordered grouper- way over cooked and barely spiced; rubbery & bland. Dessert was ok.Special Features:
- FoodLoverDined on 9/12/2014It was good. They over charged me, but fixed the charges with my bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.