Nineteen - XIX
200 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Nineteen - XIX
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nineteenrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2157901919
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Saturday: 6:30am - 11:30am
Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm -10:30pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Late Night Light Menu:
Friday - Saturday: 11:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday - Wednesday: 2:00pm - 12:30am
Thursday - Friday: 2:00pm - 2:00am
Saturday: 12:30pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Hebben
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: State of the art Bang & Olufsen sound system. Musical accommodations artfully chosen by international music stylist Mark Barrott
- Cross Street: Walnut Street
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet is available off Chancellor Court at the entrance to Hyatt at The Bellevue Hotel. Hotel parking is available off Broad & Locust Streets in the Bellevue Garage with special rates for diners. $16.50.
Special parking rates for lunch and dinner. Any 3 hour period up to 5pm is $6.50. Any 3 hour period after 5pm is $10.00.
A word from Nineteen - XIX
Nineteen is an American Brasserie, café, bar & restaurant featuring sweeping views of the city's skyline from the 19th floor of the Hyatt at The Bellevue. Philadelphia's "highest" restaurant offers a seafood centric menu of new American dishes in a stylish atmosphere that combines the building's historic architectural elements with a warm & inviting design scheme.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Nineteen - XIX - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Nineteen - XIX reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (133)romantic (123)special occasion (115)fit for foodies (63)great for outdoor dining (46)great for lunch (44)good for groups (44)great for brunch (37)notable wine list (37)vibrant bar scene (21)hot spot (18)late-night find (17)neighborhood gem (16)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Gorgeous inside and out!MeghDined on 9/18/2014Decor, food, and service were all excellent! Absolutely nothing to complain about. We went for restaurant week so it was nice to experience a "fancy" restaurant for a reasonable price. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A solid "occasion" venuemakosphereDined on 9/18/2014An amazingly beautiful space with epic skyline views, great service, and good traditional/american/european food. Nice presentation/plating and portion sizes are just right. Dessert (a mousse with salted caramel and flourless chocolate cake w/raspberry mousse) was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A jokeMrHabesha215Dined on 9/18/2014The food was terrible. I read some reviews that stated terrible food. But when I had a chance to taste it. I figured it was a joke. I couldn't believe it. Red snapper tasteless and the Lima beans were like rocks.Special Features:
- ExquisiteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014I decided to book a reservation for 3 just to see what the rave was all about. I was 100% satisfied with the waitstaff..the ambiance...the decorum.. (the giant pearl chandelier had me in awe...I LOVE pearls). All courses were delicious! Portions were that of fine dining so expect that. But the total experience was for a 3 in my party was a good one. Would definitely recommend and return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lousy food in a beautiful settingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/17/2014The service was not very attentive. The entrees arrived cold and appeared to have been pre-made and left sitting out. The desserts sounded and looked wonderful, but were not good and were left uneaten.
- Amazing desserts!GabbyDined on 9/17/2014XIX is a wonderful place with great food! However, my favorite part of the meal were the amazing desserts by pastry chef Bradley Howell! My party got different desserts and I tried them all and they were all flawless. The service was also great and the ambiance is definitely something else. Make sure to dress up for this place because it is pretty fancy.Special Features:
- Great and elegant placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/16/2014This place is beautiful, scenic, romantic (if that's what you need) and the food is great. They have a great wine list and the ambiance is fantastic!Special Features:
- Unexpected surpriseAjaiTheFoodieDined on 9/16/2014My mother and I decided to try out XIX (Nineteen) at the last minute, but I'm so glad we went. Not knowing what to expect, the restaurant far exceeded anything I could've imagined. Our server was knowledgable of the menu. The food was phenomenal. The teamwork of everyone in thee restaurant was amazing. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful inside and outSickNaastyDined on 9/16/2014XIX is one of my favorite restaurants in the city. The beautiful view makes any occasion that much more special. The food was phenomenal as usual and I really enjoyed myself there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for restaurant week!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Me and a friend chrcked out XIX for restaurant week and it was perfect. We had a table outside with an amazing view, the service was beyond exceptional and the food tasted magnificent as well. I will definitely be going back. I want to check out their afternoom tea!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/16/2014I chose XIX again for restaurant week because I enjoyed it so much the last time. I had lunch on 9/16/14 with a friend. I had the prime rib panini and it was so delicious, I asked another friend to go back the next day. This is where the problem occured. The prime rib panini was still on the menu, but they ran out. This was very disappointing since I thinking about that sandwich all that morning. The substitute was a turkey pastrami panini. It was horrible. I feel the restaurant knew that their restaurant would be busy during this time and they were not prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014The wait staff was pleasant and courteous, the food delicious. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. My companions were also extremely satisfied with my choice in restaurants and their meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!Fashionista1980Dined on 9/12/2014The restaurant is beautiful. Great staff. They were kind and helpful. I would definitely recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The ambiance is nice but the food was not the best. The service was awesome.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere; Mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Went for restaurant week. Appetizer: I ordered steak ceviche- barely had any flavor at all; super bland. For entree i ordered grouper- way over cooked and barely spiced; rubbery & bland. Dessert was ok.Special Features:
- FoodLoverDined on 9/12/2014It was good. They over charged me, but fixed the charges with my bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant wkSjfoodie29Dined on 9/12/2014I have been here before not during restaurant week and everything was great which prompted me to go back however I was disappointed with the service this time and the portions were small. I ordered and additional appetizer on the regular menu at full price which I received 4 shrimp as that shrimp cocktail appetizer. They were jumbo shrimp however the accompaniments that were listed on the preparation were not present and 4shrimp for $20?Special Features:
- XIXPLuv2EatMDined on 9/11/2014We had a great time at XIX! Our waiter was very friendly and helpful. The restaurant is beautiful and the view of the city was breath taking. The food was very good, especially the steak tartare. We did the wine pairing which was a lot of fun and the wines were DELICIOUS! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great foodrupeshjoy143Dined on 9/11/2014Omg the food was amazing, there is nothing else to say, it was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful RoomLuvcitylifeDined on 9/11/2014This is one of the loveliest rooms in Philadelphia. The food is now as luxe and impressive as any other in this fine dining town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrinaDined on 9/11/2014Beautiful view, romantic environment and great service but the good is not that good. Not maching up with such nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDisappointedDined on 9/10/2014When a quality restaurant such as this participates in "Restaurant Week" they shouldn't cheapen their fare to the quality of a lesser price point. Entrées were the quality of an appetizer.Special Features:
- Sunset over PhillyDougRVIPDined on 9/10/2014This is a spectacular place with great service & the food is good too. We were there for Philly Restaurant week & were very pleased with the space, the very attentive service & we enjoyed the food. What more do you want???Special Features:
- NineteenValerieDined on 9/10/2014Very good! Wonderful service and food! Went there for restaurant week for lunch with coworkers and they were all pleased!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just the View not the FoodElleDined on 9/9/2014My husband and I went mid week thinking it would be nice to try since it has high reviews. We are in the business and love food. Needless to say, the food was OK needed some flavor. Our server came across like she was in a rush and it was off putting.Special Features:
- Truly disappointingWhyGo2PhillyDined on 9/9/2014Such a beautiful room. It is a shame that there was mediocre service (inattentive waiter who slammed our wine glasses on the table and recommended a horrible dessert which he later admitted had been sent back to the kitchen several times that night by other patrons,) worse yet was the food. Just about everything was far below expectations. With hundreds of other choices in Philly, I won't be back.
- Philadelphia Top SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014On line depictions and menu did not disappoint. Service was impeccable!! Hostess Lauren ensured we had a great table for our special occasion.Special Features:
- Just rightChipDined on 9/6/2014My wife's birthday dinner could not of been better. The service we received from Dominic, Eric,Nicole, & lauren could not have been better. Elegant, polite, & personable. The good was great,we left fit home stuffed. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Medocre at bestManvsfoodDined on 9/6/2014We had arrived 15 mins early for a 5:30 reservation that we specifically made so that we could enjoy the view. We were told they'll "try" to honor our request but they had a lot of reservations for the night. That aside the calamari was really nice as an appetizer, the octopus was ok, not really worth trying. 2 of us were given the wrong menu for dinner which we didn't recognize right away. When we placed our order 2 of us requested the scallops, that the waiter had recommended. Oddly enough he came back 20 mins later and told us they were out! The restaurant serves dinner at 5:30, and scallops aren't on the lunch menu! The main courses were ok, the ravioli was overcooked, as was the salmon. The atmosphere is nice, the food is just okSpecial Features:
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/2/2014I dines with friends, on a week night. The service was outstanding, the food was good and nicely presented, the atmoshere plesant. I would recommend it for a nice dinner, perhpas even a special occasion.Special Features:
- SUNDAY BRUNCHNOISYDINERDined on 8/31/2014We were disappointed in the brunch. We have eaten brunch at 19 many times and we were surprised at how it had changed. Very little food on the buffet table and the main dish was disappointing.Special Features:
- UpsettingSlimDined on 8/29/201419 was always my favorite restaurant me in my family and also boyfriend would make reservations about 2-3 times a week but lastnight it was horrible and disappointing. We spent 2 hundred dollars and left hunry out food wasn't Braught out at the same time they were Braught out a hour apart! My boyfriend salmon was so runny in goowey in couldn't eat it and we were still charged for everything he kept saying they treating us badd tonight in which I don't think I want to ever go back. Our waiter waited on and checked on every other guess every 5 minutes to check on how there service was going but when we needed him we had to call out for him smh it was the worse experience ever I'm as much as we come there you would think they cared about itSpecial Features:
- Great View, Good FoodMarjDined on 8/29/2014My friend and I dined on the terrace, overlooking Center City. Our reservation was for 7 o'clock in the evening, so we also enjoyed a beautiful sunset. Our server tried extra hard to show us a good time, and brought us an '06 bottle of wine. The food was, overall, very good, but not the best that I've had in Philly. Go for the food, stay for the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horshamluncherDined on 8/25/2014Fabulous place for a special birthday celebration ~ - attentive service - amazing city view from the 19th floor - exceptional foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedFirstClassVIPDined on 8/24/2014Very disappointed -- In addition to the Open Table reservation I spoke a few days before with the restaurant specifically confirming BRUNCH. When we got there for our reservation we were informed that brunch did not start for another hour and only were serving breakfast until then. Furthermore they had no brunch reservations
- Another wonderful experiencepaulaDined on 8/22/2014My fiancee and I absolutely love XIX. I brought him here for his birthday last year and we enjoyed it so much, we came back again. The food, service, and atmosphere are always top notch. We are planning to being back our family for dinner before our wedding next September.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party experienceGotopcheddaDined on 8/15/2014I had the pleasure of taking my girlfriend for a surprise birthday party at XIX. the ambience was spectacular. We sat in the outside deck. While small, we were able to fit our party of 8 so,we hat comfortable. Service was prompt, but by no means pushy. There was no need for us to request our server, as Dom was always attentive. The wine list is rather extensive and while a bit pricey, not totally out of the realm of fair. We purchased both, by the glass and bottle. Our meals were adequate and palatable. There is not an extensive dinner menu, but the options should very easily meet anyone's needs. All food was cooked as requested to doneness. We were overly pleased with the quality and speed at which we were served.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014Plentiful and tasty appetizer and dessert areas. Had the steak entree which was cooked perfectly. Service was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening.MicahDined on 8/9/2014We were sat inside next to the balcony door, with a nice breeze blowing through. Our waiter was very attentive and friendly. The wine was great, the food was delicious. The meat and cheese plate is always amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just make a reservation, alreadyBlueEyeVIPDined on 8/9/2014I often bring friends and family members here for special occasions. And if it isn't a special occasion, it will become one, just by dining here. Consistently delicious food, gorgeous setting, charming staff, discounted self-parking (!!). They do a great job here and you should just make a reservation and check it out for yourself. You'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.