Nineteen - XIX
200 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Nineteen - XIX
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nineteenrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (215) 790-1919
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Saturday: 6:30am - 11:30am
Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm -10:30pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Late Night Light Menu:
Friday - Saturday: 11:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday - Wednesday: 2:00pm - 12:30am
Thursday - Friday: 2:00pm - 2:00am
Saturday: 12:30pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Hebben
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: State of the art Bang & Olufsen sound system. Musical accommodations artfully chosen by international music stylist Mark Barrott
- Cross Street: Walnut Street
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet is available off Chancellor Court at the entrance to Hyatt at The Bellevue Hotel. Hotel parking is available off Broad & Locust Streets in the Bellevue Garage with special rates for diners. $16.50.
Special parking rates for lunch and dinner. Any 3 hour period up to 5pm is $6.50. Any 3 hour period after 5pm is $10.00.
A word from Nineteen - XIX
Nineteen is an American Brasserie, café, bar & restaurant featuring sweeping views of the city's skyline from the 19th floor of the Hyatt at The Bellevue. Philadelphia's "highest" restaurant offers a seafood centric menu of new American dishes in a stylish atmosphere that combines the building's historic architectural elements with a warm & inviting design scheme.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Nineteen - XIX - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Nineteen - XIX reviews from OpenTable diners
205 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (154)romantic (140)special occasion (134)fit for foodies (76)good for groups (44)notable wine list (44)great for outdoor dining (41)great for lunch (37)great for brunch (33)vibrant bar scene (30)hot spot (26)neighborhood gem (21)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- perfect before Orchestra or theatersonnetVIPDined on 11/22/2014The service was perfection, food delicious and presented beautifully, the view amazing. Within easy walking distance to all on Avemue of the Arts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Private party surprisecrazyforbrunchDined on 11/22/2014We had no idea when we booked a table for 8 we would get a private room, a special menu for a vegan, our own music played for mood, and a private server all night. It was a wonderful experience that our group enjoyed immensely. We would all go back a million times over!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/15/2014We went to XIX for our anniversary dinner, which was my first time there for dinner, and likely my last (for dinner anyway). The menu seemed limited and there were no specials that evening. Our raw bar appetizers were excellent (oysters from Maine and crab cocktail). We each ordered the paella though and were both disappointed. The rice was a bit dried out and hard. The dish was loaded with a nice variety of seafood and chicken and chorizo, but the flavor was pretty bland and the portions were small. Could be we just ordered the wrong thing. Being as it was our anniversary we were more concerned with the view/ambiance and they didn't disappoint! I have been to XIX before and much preferred the lunch buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service disasterAlamo96Dined on 11/15/2014Having enjoyed dining here several years ago we decided to return for a pre theatre dinner. We informed our server of curtain time upon arrival. We had to find someone to take our order, pour wine, bring the check. Our food was average and overpriced. In face the diner at the next table sent his entree back because the portion was so skimpy! We didn't have time to deal with that issue. Such an elegant venue deserves a better product as well as a commitment to training their staff. One hour and 45 minutes should be adequate for a relaxing dinner!
- ElegantPdugDined on 11/11/2014Elegance surrounds you. The view of the city from the 19th floor is spectacular! The posh decor and furniture create the interior elegance. The waiter is there for your needs without hovering. The food was very good- especially the crab cake or risotto appetizers Would also recommend the rib eye, trout, or scallops entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!ksunshine91Dined on 11/8/2014My husband I went here for our anniversary. The ambiance was really nice, the hostesses were super friendly. Our waiter was nice but lacked personality-- not to the point that we wouldn't return. Dinner was delicious. It was nice to be out for a special occasion and see people dressed up, rather than everyone being in jeansSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeDjpaperzDined on 11/7/2014One of the best restaurants in Philadelphia. Very nice atmosphere and view of tut city. Our waiter was excellent.(Wilmer). He made recommendations all night and we followed his lead. I was impressed with everything from the drinks all the way to the dessert. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MartyBeFreeDined on 11/4/2014XIX was everything I expected and more. Every person made us feel welcomed and special. The service and food were superb. Many Thanks to Chuck for his attentiveness. My daughter enjoyed her birthday celebration at XIX and that was most important.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/4/2014XIX is one of my favorite restaurants the experience is always wonderful and the food excellent. I highly recommend it. The view of the city is also amazing.Special Features:
- Disappointing.NaomiDined on 11/1/2014I was celebrating a special night, only to have it ruined by the lack of service. We were seated by smiling hostess (hence why I'm giving this two stars, rather than one) but when we were given menus, it took 20 minutes for our DRINKS to be brought to us. Are you kidding me? I've worked in the service industry, for a shiraz and a dogfish beer, it shouldn't of taken that long. My friend and I were being patient, only to be ignored and not even checked up on by our server. He went to every other table around us, even next to us -- but god forbid checking up on us. We were a party of two, how hard could that be? It was a forty five minute wait all together for two dishes. Being the generous person I am, rather than not tipping; I still did.Special Features:
- Service and food sub parOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014While the atmosphere and location were excellent (along with the city views), we were disappointed that the food quality (especially the paella and salmon) was not great. This will not be a choice for a followup visit. On a Saturday night, there were too few servers and the wait for service was unreasonable.
- Top of Bellvuehoward2VIPDined on 10/30/2014Outstanding welcoming, seating and service. Dinner was timely, we had tix, and dinner was delicious. Thank you XIX...we'll be back!Special Features:
- Outstanding Dining ExperienceWillBeReturningDined on 10/29/2014Would recommend this restaurant to anyone, and I mean anyone who's searching for a place with a great setting, excellent food and commendable service. A wonderful dining experience. The only reason for the 4 stars in service was our waiter was great in all areas, except when he left, it was quite a while before he returned to our table. Even when we were waiting for the bill when we were ready to leave. Otherwise he was great.Special Features:
- Before NewsiestwoteachersDined on 10/29/2014We had tickets to the musical and enjoyed our dinner on a whim at XIX, The room is beautiful, the service A ++++ My husbands paella was just okay but everything else we ordered we enjoyed immensely. The crab cake app, salad, trout and fried chocolate chip cookes. We will definitely be back maybe before our next play in Philadelphia.Special Features:
- The worst service in PhillyLiquorB4beerDined on 10/25/2014We were out to celebrate my wife's birthday. The hostess was very nice and wished my wife a happy birthday. Sadly, that was the highlight of our experience. It took over 10 minutes to be greeted. Our server was AWFUL. Everything he placed on our table he basically slammed down while walking by. I ordered a boilermaker (1 of their cocktails) and he brought me a dogfish head 60 minute IPA . It took forever to get his attention to order a second drink. Our entrees took about 40 minutes once we finished our appetizers. The worst part is that he never checked back on us after dropping our entrees. I eventually got up and found a manager to ask for our check. The manager said "yeah man. I'll bring that right over". Never saw our server again.Special Features:
- Consistently FantasticTapasmanVIPDined on 10/25/2014As usual, XIX did a spectacular job in service. The ambience is absolutely breathtaking. Came here for an anniversary dinner, and we felt like we were having the dinner catered at home, the staff were so personable and made the experience truly memorable. Also, the bar area is a great place to be a grown up and have a well made drink, with an elegant back drop. Sunday brunch, and most notably Mother's Day Brunch is my all time favorite meal at XIXSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CollzDined on 10/25/2014The main dining room was an ice box! We moved to the bar and had a great meal and an awesome waitress! Great view of the city too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic , Scenic , RomanticJetboy1957Dined on 10/25/2014I really impressed my new lady friend with this place , and she sure showed her appreciation ...... I kissed her lips for dessert and they were delicious too.Special Features:
- not worth the price.cc2538Dined on 10/24/2014I Had The Smoked Mozzarella Ravioli Which Was Very Good But Very Small Portion 6 To Be Exact. 18 Dollars. My Wife Had The 42 Dollar Ribeye Which Was Overcooked to Almost Leather. The Wait For Food Was Long about An Hour And It Was Not Crowded. The Only Reason I Would Go There Is The Ambiance And The Server Rashad He Was Awesome. Good Wine Recommendation Rashad.
- JimmyDined on 10/23/2014The main room is very attractive and the seating well spaced. The lunchtime buffet with served main course is quite pleasant.Special Features:
- Pie in the skyDrLarryVIPDined on 10/21/2014Great food in a great location with great views. The 19th floor location in Center City is convenient and lends itself to some of the best views of the city. The wait staff was overly attentive, although the crowd was not that large.Special Features:
- Worth the view that's itPhillyfoodieDined on 10/18/2014Came here for a special occasion, was a little early so went to the bar until our table was ready. The bar was awesome great views and a cool atmosphere drinks were a little pricy but they were strong. We sat at a table by the windows but there was a draft and it was freezing. Our waiter took forever to come over to us for the first time. The calamari was good as an appetizer but we waited almost an hour for our actual meals. I ordered the scallop entree and when it came out I was shocked to see three scallops on a plate with some corn. Not worth the price tag on it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014This was my second time here. The first time was good, so I brought my family this time. It was a bad experience. Dinner took over 3 hours. The service was poor. I'm not sure if they were understaffed or just inattentive? The food was okay, and over priced. They offered to compensate us for the extra waiting by a free glass of wine, after we had purchased a bottle already. They ended up charging us extra for that "complimentary" wine. It's a beautiful atmosphere, but unfortunately I won't be going back again, nor recommending it to anyone.
- A little disappointingmoezDined on 10/10/2014While our server was excellent and very accommodating I would definitely re-think my entree choice if I return. I've been to Spain and authentic Spanish restaurants in other major cities so I know good paella. XIX boasts being a seafood centric restaurant so I expected their paella to be very good. It came with 2 tiny clams and 2 tiny mussels--- no chicken, no chorizo, no other seafood, for $31. My 6 pc. oyster appetizer was disappointing as well---very small oysters. I love the atmosphere here and have been here numerous times, and expected better food to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveDined on 10/10/2014Just elegant. Always is. Peaceful and beautiful setting. Attentive service and good food.Special Features:
- MaryDined on 10/9/2014Wonderful in all regards. A reason to stay in hotel.Special Features:
- Cafe XIX Fixed Price Menu Treat!JluphlVIPDined on 10/9/2014We love the $22 Fixed Price Menu at Cafe XIX. Appetizers & Desserts are on buffet and there is a great selection of Entrees to order. The views are spectacular & the ambience is elegant, but comfortable. Big shout out to Luba & Anowar for consistently excellent professional service. We eat here frequently and everything on the menu is delicious. One of the best dining spot in Philly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/8/2014Wonderful food, a great view, excellent service. We were celebrating a friend's birthday and she was delighted.Special Features:
- City GemSecretReviewerDined on 10/5/2014Good Food, Below Fair Service, Great Atmosphere! Waitress was all over the place and not as attentive to our needs. Bill pay couldn't find her. Table had a great view of the city. The public restroom was an elevator floor down and not fun to do in the middle of a meal. Pleasant host & great Mimosas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014While this is probably not as trendy a restaurant as others in the City, the food was top notch. Caesar salad was perfectly dressed. Steak frites was terrific, osso bucco was wonderful. Calamari was very good - could be a little more tender. Desserts could use a little more oomph. Overall we would be happy to go again. Our service was not great, but the food made up for it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and decorLouBrolicDined on 10/4/2014There is not much not to like about XIX. We did arrive on a busy Saturday night and there was a large party in the main dining area which took up a lot of space and in turn led us to be seated at a table that would be within inches of another party. We asked to be moved to a table with a bit more privacy with no problem. The décor of the hotel and the restaurant are excellent establishing a romantic and relaxing mood. The grilled squid salad appetizer was excellent as was my scallops dinner that had a very interesting mix of crab and corn. The best part as always was desert, where the caramel apple flan type cake with ice cream was the perfect balance of not too sweet and creamy. Overall, excellent dinner and a great time in the city.Special Features:
- Thank you!tibbyDined on 10/3/2014Outstanding atmosphere, excellent customer service, with delicious entrees to accent this spectacular restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- people7000VIPDined on 10/1/2014Great food and service as always. Server made sure we were out in time for the opera.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good DiningEmilHDined on 9/24/2014We enjoyed our dinning experience. Disappointed we were not informed (when we reserved) the main dining room was being used for a private party.Special Features:
- Need Romance? HERE!PhillyRomanceDined on 9/20/2014Gentlemen, need a romantic place to go? With atmosphere? Great food? Excellent service? Beautiful views? This is it! It was so romantic that after a week I am still hearing about it; not just me, but her family, friends, co-workers! We planned to sit inside but were told we could sit earlier if we wanted to sit on the balcony; perfect idea! Gorgeous view! Food was fantastic and service was awesome. Price was very reasonable. Make sure you dress; it is fine dining and one should dress like it! Take your wife/girlfriend and you will know that this is what she wants! It was so good that my girlfriend has now offered to spring for the room in the Bellevue and dinner at XIX! XIX has made a fan and I will return. PERFECT ROMANCE!Special Features:
- 10 AnniversaryTen10XDined on 9/20/2014It was an amazing experience dinning at XIX...while seating us the waiter congratulated our 10yr celebration by offering two glasses of champagne. Through out the evening he continued with wonderful service. We later had cocktails at the bar. Then took pictures for keepsake in the cafe out door eating area. Talk to others while enjoying the scenery. Altogether an amazing 10yr celebration at XIX...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect settingDahlia1776VIPDined on 9/20/2014We had a lovely dinner on one of the outdoor balcony's that lucky for us, faced the sunset. Dominic, our waiter, was fabulous and provided us with a perfect dining experience. We will be back again, often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sosoDined on 9/19/2014The decor was great, cocktails great but the food not so much. The rice in my paella was uncooked.Special Features:
- Beautiful location; good foodBarbee624Dined on 9/19/2014XIX is a beautiful restaurant that we visited during restaurant week. The food was very good, just not a lot of it (small portions--could have been due to restaurant week menu). It is a bit loud in there due to the layout of the room (large open rotunda). We were disappointed with their cocktails (we ordered a top shelf vodka martini that was almost undrinkable because it was so strong/bitter). Replaced with one that wasn't much better. Worst martini ever! Service was just so-so. Dishes came out too fast (we felt rushed even though the place was not overly crowded). The waitress was not overly attentive and towards the end of our meal completely ignored us. Brought the check without asking if we needed anything else (i.e. coffee)Special Features:
- Restaurant week outingCheyenneVIPDined on 9/19/2014Me and my friend came here for restaurant week, I tried to order a drink at the bar while waiting for my friend. Took the bartender like 5 mins to get with me even though I was sitting there for a good amount of time, and even took another person that had just walked up before me. Finally got my cocktail which was yummy. We got seated and our waiter took about 10 mins to greet us. He kind of argued with us about the dessert menu which was completely different than it was online. My first course was good, small portions though. My second course the red snapped was not too good. And the veal my friend had also wasnt anything to write home about. Didnt like my dessert either. Our waiter was so slow until it was time to give us the check. EhSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.