Nineteen - XIX
200 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Nineteen - XIX
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nineteenrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2157901919
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Saturday: 6:30am - 11:30am
Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm -10:30pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Late Night Light Menu:
Friday - Saturday: 11:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday - Wednesday: 2:00pm - 12:30am
Thursday - Friday: 2:00pm - 2:00am
Saturday: 12:30pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Hebben
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: State of the art Bang & Olufsen sound system. Musical accommodations artfully chosen by international music stylist Mark Barrott
- Cross Street: Walnut Street
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet is available off Chancellor Court at the entrance to Hyatt at The Bellevue Hotel. Hotel parking is available off Broad & Locust Streets in the Bellevue Garage with special rates for diners. $16.50.
Special parking rates for lunch and dinner. Any 3 hour period up to 5pm is $6.50. Any 3 hour period after 5pm is $10.00.
A word from Nineteen - XIX
Nineteen is an American Brasserie, café, bar & restaurant featuring sweeping views of the city's skyline from the 19th floor of the Hyatt at The Bellevue. Philadelphia's "highest" restaurant offers a seafood centric menu of new American dishes in a stylish atmosphere that combines the building's historic architectural elements with a warm & inviting design scheme.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Nineteen - XIX - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Nineteen - XIX reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (117)romantic (102)special occasion (101)great for brunch (42)fit for foodies (42)good for groups (36)great for outdoor dining (36)great for lunch (34)notable wine list (33)vibrant bar scene (21)neighborhood gem (13)late-night find (13)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Very disappointedFirstClassVIPDined on 8/24/2014Very disappointed -- In addition to the Open Table reservation I spoke a few days before with the restaurant specifically confirming BRUNCH. When we got there for our reservation we were informed that brunch did not start for another hour and only were serving breakfast until then. Furthermore they had no brunch reservations
- Another wonderful experiencepaulaDined on 8/22/2014My fiancee and I absolutely love XIX. I brought him here for his birthday last year and we enjoyed it so much, we came back again. The food, service, and atmosphere are always top notch. We are planning to being back our family for dinner before our wedding next September.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party experienceGotopcheddaDined on 8/15/2014I had the pleasure of taking my girlfriend for a surprise birthday party at XIX. the ambience was spectacular. We sat in the outside deck. While small, we were able to fit our party of 8 so,we hat comfortable. Service was prompt, but by no means pushy. There was no need for us to request our server, as Dom was always attentive. The wine list is rather extensive and while a bit pricey, not totally out of the realm of fair. We purchased both, by the glass and bottle. Our meals were adequate and palatable. There is not an extensive dinner menu, but the options should very easily meet anyone's needs. All food was cooked as requested to doneness. We were overly pleased with the quality and speed at which we were served.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014Plentiful and tasty appetizer and dessert areas. Had the steak entree which was cooked perfectly. Service was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening.MicahDined on 8/9/2014We were sat inside next to the balcony door, with a nice breeze blowing through. Our waiter was very attentive and friendly. The wine was great, the food was delicious. The meat and cheese plate is always amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just make a reservation, alreadyBlueEyeVIPDined on 8/9/2014I often bring friends and family members here for special occasions. And if it isn't a special occasion, it will become one, just by dining here. Consistently delicious food, gorgeous setting, charming staff, discounted self-parking (!!). They do a great job here and you should just make a reservation and check it out for yourself. You'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XIXWR41Dined on 8/8/2014Outstanding restaurant with beautiful ambiance and great view of the city. Food and service are first rateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerNursesDined on 8/8/2014This was a wonderful night out! Great view great food great service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/7/2014Great food with excellent service. Beautiful atmosphere.Special Features:
- Something for everyone at Cafe XIX!JluphlVIPDined on 8/7/2014I live & work near the Hyatt at the Bellevue, so Cafe XIX is conveniently located for business meetings & a special treat with friends. The service is always impeccable & the cuisine rivals any top-rated Center City restaurant, squashing that stereotype that hotel restaurants are blasé. We especially enjoy the 3-course fixed price lunch for $22 which includes a beverage, a buffet of appetizers, one entree to order from a selection of 5, followed by a buffet of desserts. Everyone leaves satisfied and happy. The experience can be as fast or slow as you want it to be & every dish exceeds expectations. The view from the 19th floor is lovely & if weather permits, you can enjoy your meal on the balcony. Looking forward to returning again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this spot for lunch!BlueEyeVIPDined on 8/7/2014This beautiful restaurant is very special, as well as a terrific bargain for lunch. The setting is gorgeous, the food is always delicious, the staff are lovely and gently attentive, and the Café Lunch is a great way to celebrate a special event. I have been bringing family and friends here for birthdays and other life celebrations for some time now, and I plan to continue that tradition. They do a wonderful job here, so treat yourself and make a reservation, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014We dine there at least once a year, and this was one of the best times. The dining room was quiet and felt very intimate. The food was top notch. We will go back again and again!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be.FatKidatHeartVIPDined on 8/1/2014With the space and the view, the restaurant is woefully mismanaged. Having dined in most major cities, there is always a restaurant with a view and natural beauty to the space making it an attraction to locals and visitors. This restaurant is much too big for what it can be and would be better suited if half of it became a weekend lounge spot like hotel Gansvoort in NY. The furniture and fixtures were old and dingy and the pearl lighting actually masked its natural beauty - also looked old and dingy. The tables were cheap and belonged at an everyday upscale diner like marathon grill. The food was slightly above average. The service was great. That's about as much as I'd like to spend thinking about this - you get the picture.Special Features:
- I Was Here BeforeRickyBDined on 8/1/2014I love XIX. My first visit XIX helped me entertain a group of friends and they are still talking about it. This visit was a bit more intimate. The view was ok, but nonetheless scenic--the skyline is always nice to view. The food and drink pairings were wonderful and the service exceptional, as it was before. I hope XIX continues to expand the menu and to keep the surprises coming !Special Features:
- Not the bestfrequentdinerVIPDined on 7/19/2014I'm not sure if we were here on a bad night however I do not think I will be dining here again. The service was very poor we were seated on the balcony and after 20 mins of waiting were never greeted by a server. After being moved the service was still lacking. They had a large party in the back dining room a wedding I believe and maybe this was the reason for the poor service. The food was just ok nothing impressive.Special Features:
- XIXmrhandshakeDined on 7/18/2014I was hoping to give my two guests a peasant experience at lunch and was not disappointed. The decor of XIX is one of the best in the city. Our waiter was very attentive and the food excellent. Both my guests commented, I believe sincerely, that their food was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingJWellsDined on 7/16/2014If you are looking for a romantic night out or simply a meal that will leave you breathless then you should pass on Nineteen. While the patio outside offers a romantic and intimate ambiance the downward decline of food, service, and wine list quickly follow.Upon first glance of the menu their is hope for a few dishes that offer intrigue to your palate. Unfortunately, the service was awful. The imagination of what might have been for a memorable dinner slowly eluded us. I understand that really good food takes time, but 25 mins for a crab cake and two cocktails is unacceptable. Do not dine here it was the most expensive meal while I was in Philadelphia, and without a doubt the worst by far.
- 1234Dined on 7/16/2014Had 3 course lunch. Great. Will be back. After the salads and the desserts the was no room for the entree - just; pack it up and take it home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth the Trip or the MoneyKeithschmedDined on 7/12/2014My wife and me went to XIX on a Saturday night. The service was extremely slow (with only one gentleman server) and the food was only "OK". My wife ordered the scallops for $32, and all that she received were 3 scallops. Not with a special taste, or a unique spice to them, just a plate with 3 scallops. I ordered the Salmon with Alaskan Crab Leg, and it was just OK - nothing special. The Alaskan Crab Leg portion of the meal was a 3" 'sliver' of Alaskan Crab Leg. PS: As much as everyone writes about the 'bar scene' at XIX, we only noticed people walking into the bar area, and then out. Most bar patrons did not stay. I was very disappointed with this reservation.
- 5th of julyAdymVIPDined on 7/5/2014Wow, how else to end the 4th of July in Philadelphia then on a balcony at XIX. Great service and excellent food. We were accommodated and move from inside to a balcony table. We would see the fireworks from Camden. And to top it off, the couple at the table next to us got engaged right there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date with GrandsonalarksDined on 7/5/2014I had a date with my 13 years old grandson last Saturday night and decided to have dinner at XIX. We sat outside, his choice, and it was great! I didn't even have to fight with flies! My red wine was the best I ever had, a Pinot Noir! I had the broiled trout, it had a light garlic butter sauce and was served with green beans and roasted potatoes. It was light but filling! My grandson had the pan seared steak and shoe string fries. He said that it was very good. There were no left overs! We didn't have time for dessert, had tickets to the theater and had to mosey on! I would have loved to linger, perhaps another glass of wine! We had a great view in a comfortable location. The staff were friendly and accommodating! I will be visiting again!Special Features:
- 1234Dined on 7/3/2014The complete lunch for $22 . was a surprise - buffet first course and buffet desert course. Next time, have the buffet and the buffet and ask to have the entree wrapped to go. Actually, buffets were better than the main.Special Features:
- And,Again...bamm100Dined on 7/2/2014we were absolutely delighted with XIX. A group of friends goes several times a year for lunch and we go back time and again because of the food,the atmosphere,the staff,the incredible bargain-everything! (Obviously,we all love the buffet. The salads were especially delicious; the flatbreads and the salmon were out-of-this world.) Of course,some times one visit is better than another: perhaps the food offerings are not as varied or special; some times the service might be a little off. But,our most recent lunch was one of our best ever. And,you know how at times,you're satisfied/happy but you think you won't be back for a while? Not us! We're already planning another lunch for as soon as we can all get together again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchLuv2eatVIPDined on 6/29/2014Sunday brunch was fantastic, an excellent mix of food at the buffet and the main course served at your table. All 4 of our entrees were delicious, and the $4 mimosas hit the spot. Service was great, from our excellent waiter to the friendly hostess. Without any special requests on our part, the restaurant recognized our parents' anniversary with a very special desert plate. Would definitely have brunch at XIX again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StunningNjsuDined on 6/29/2014The food and service were great, went there with friends for dinner, excellent service, would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great setting, food only okFoodiefanDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant has a great setting outdoors, with a good view. The service was excellent. The food was just ok, dessert a real disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceKarenrVIPDined on 6/28/2014A beautiful setting overlooking broad street with the sun setting - very romantic. My husband and I each had the salad with bacon and blue cheese crumbles. The dressing was light and perfect for the salad. My husband had the whoe red snapper, which was perfectly prepared. I had the risotto small plate for ny entree which was served with a nice piece of lobster meet on top of a small skillet of risotto. It was delicious, and quite a substantial small plate, which I was not able to finish. My husband had a chocolate mint desert of some type which he thoroughly enjoyed, and I had a capuccino decaf. The ambiance, the service, the food quality and drinks created a very enjoyable experience. I will be back.Special Features:
- A fun Piece of HistoryHardtopleaseDined on 6/28/2014This was a fantastic way to appreciate a beautiful example of old Philadelphia in the comfort of elegant dining. The food was incredible, just the right size portions. The staff was friendly and attentive, all around a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most people miss outDinerDined on 6/27/2014because of the ancient prejudice against hotel restaurants. XIX's food is on a par with the best in the arts district and by no means overpriced. It's a delightful place; the service is good and it is quiet enough that you can actually talk to the other people at your table. (One caveat: the bar,n the night we were there, was---unlike the dining room proper---packed and as loud as any in the neighborhood. I guess I should say the service is good after the waiter finishes his pitch. There is a tendency these days to do a rather hard sell, but once he's finished that, he will leave you alone. In all, it makes a most pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best lunches in townSilverQueenVIPDined on 6/25/2014In addition to the 3-course lunch special -- delicious food -- we enjoyed the spacious and light room and the great views of Philadelphia. It's a wonderful place to sit and converse with friends over lunch. Our server was courteous and attentive. I have been here many times and will return and recommend it to others.Special Features:
- BeautifulTrishDined on 6/24/2014The place is beautiful, great to sit outside during the summer! Food was delicious! Service was a bit slow but it was also busy. A bit pricey but you get what you pay for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEWARE OF GLUTENWindsorDined on 6/23/2014They have no idea what gluten is. I took a risk dinging here and they claimed they have gluten free "options" but I had a severe attack after eating here. NEVER AGAIN. Not GLUTEN FREE FRIENDLY.
- Garr Pezzano and Tom SadlerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Staff, ambience and food made this birthday celebration memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner Before a ShowSDC1Dined on 6/21/2014My first visit here was prior to a Kimmel Center Show. Proximity to Kimmel Center (and Kimmel Center parking) made the logistics really smooth...we parked at KC, picked up our tickets, bounced one block up for dinner, then back to the show....a great night with little walking. The service was perfect...the waiter cared for our every need without being intrusive. The food was tops, a real culinary treat (I had the scallops). The view of Philadelphia downtown was special, but I really liked the old (albeit refurbished) building, truly a work of art. I will go back.Special Features:
- Not impressed.....cosmo777Dined on 6/19/2014There are no valet signs outside of XIX, parked outside of Bellevue and ran inside to see where valet was and was told there was a garage next door - I think they should put valet signs on the corner of the property to let you know where it is and the entrance of the restaurant. In any event, bar scene and drinks were ok. The dining room is beautiful, but more for romantic and special occasions. The servings are more on the french side (meaning extremely small), I had the scallops ($32); there were only 3 scallops on my plate in very rich sauce, not even jumbo scallops, just typical size. Was out with girlfriends this night so portion size not a big deal, but would be for a man.Special Features:
- As always...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/18/2014Never a problem here. Food always very good. Service is the way service is meant to be at a classy restaurant-efficient, friendly, observant, and attentive. Had a little hiccup this visit but it was well taken care of in a proper and PROfessional manner, as they know how to take care of their customers. We will certainly continue to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperficialNeilVIPDined on 6/14/2014Booked reservation for a "special place". Got an average place with a nice view. Servers were rude, wine list was very limited and wine served was not that good. I ordered scallops for dinner and all I got was three very small scallops...more of an appetizer portion for dinner. Left me very hungry. My partner wanted to order fish, but they said they don't de-bone it, so she got a different dish that was slathered in butter. Dinner came in the middle of us eating our appetizers and we sent them back so we could finish. All in all, not very good service, not good food, and way expensive for the quality provided. Will not go back to this place even though it is in our neighborhood.Special Features:
- WonderfulExcellentDined on 6/14/2014Lovely restaurant , wonderful service and food. Ver attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- must goOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014The bar was very welcoming, the staff was very friendly. the food is worth every penny. go eat here, then go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedLSPhillyDined on 6/8/2014I've been to XIX several times but this was the first time I went for Sunday Brunch. I got the Steak entree (and ate several slices of cheesecake lol). I loved the spread of desserts, cheeses and fruit. Everything was delicious! The service was awesome as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.