Nineteen - XIX
200 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Nineteen - XIX
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nineteenrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2157901919
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Saturday: 6:30am - 11:30am
Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm -10:30pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Late Night Light Menu:
Friday - Saturday: 11:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday - Wednesday: 2:00pm - 12:30am
Thursday - Friday: 2:00pm - 2:00am
Saturday: 12:30pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Hebben
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: State of the art Bang & Olufsen sound system. Musical accommodations artfully chosen by international music stylist Mark Barrott
- Cross Street: Walnut Street
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet is available off Chancellor Court at the entrance to Hyatt at The Bellevue Hotel. Hotel parking is available off Broad & Locust Streets in the Bellevue Garage with special rates for diners. $16.50.
Special parking rates for lunch and dinner. Any 3 hour period up to 5pm is $6.50. Any 3 hour period after 5pm is $10.00.
A word from Nineteen - XIX
Nineteen is an American Brasserie, café, bar & restaurant featuring sweeping views of the city's skyline from the 19th floor of the Hyatt at The Bellevue. Philadelphia's "highest" restaurant offers a seafood centric menu of new American dishes in a stylish atmosphere that combines the building's historic architectural elements with a warm & inviting design scheme.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Nineteen - XIX - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Nineteen - XIX reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (119)romantic (113)special occasion (103)fit for foodies (52)great for outdoor dining (42)great for lunch (37)good for groups (36)notable wine list (34)great for brunch (32)vibrant bar scene (18)neighborhood gem (16)late-night find (15)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Great Service!Fashionista1980Dined on 9/12/2014The restaurant is beautiful. Great staff. They were kind and helpful. I would definitely recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The ambiance is nice but the food was not the best. The service was awesome.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere; Mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Went for restaurant week. Appetizer: I ordered steak ceviche- barely had any flavor at all; super bland. For entree i ordered grouper- way over cooked and barely spiced; rubbery & bland. Dessert was ok.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014It was good. They over charged me, but fixed the charges with my bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant wkSjfoodie29Dined on 9/12/2014I have been here before not during restaurant week and everything was great which prompted me to go back however I was disappointed with the service this time and the portions were small. I ordered and additional appetizer on the regular menu at full price which I received 4 shrimp as that shrimp cocktail appetizer. They were jumbo shrimp however the accompaniments that were listed on the preparation were not present and 4shrimp for $20?Special Features:
- XIXPLuv2EatMDined on 9/11/2014We had a great time at XIX! Our waiter was very friendly and helpful. The restaurant is beautiful and the view of the city was breath taking. The food was very good, especially the steak tartare. We did the wine pairing which was a lot of fun and the wines were DELICIOUS! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great foodrupeshjoy143Dined on 9/11/2014Omg the food was amazing, there is nothing else to say, it was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful RoomLuvcitylifeDined on 9/11/2014This is one of the loveliest rooms in Philadelphia. The food is now as luxe and impressive as any other in this fine dining town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrinaDined on 9/11/2014Beautiful view, romantic environment and great service but the good is not that good. Not maching up with such nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDisappointedDined on 9/10/2014When a quality restaurant such as this participates in "Restaurant Week" they shouldn't cheapen their fare to the quality of a lesser price point. Entrées were the quality of an appetizer.Special Features:
- Sunset over PhillyDougRVIPDined on 9/10/2014This is a spectacular place with great service & the food is good too. We were there for Philly Restaurant week & were very pleased with the space, the very attentive service & we enjoyed the food. What more do you want???Special Features:
- NineteenValerieDined on 9/10/2014Very good! Wonderful service and food! Went there for restaurant week for lunch with coworkers and they were all pleased!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just the View not the FoodElleDined on 9/9/2014My husband and I went mid week thinking it would be nice to try since it has high reviews. We are in the business and love food. Needless to say, the food was OK needed some flavor. Our server came across like she was in a rush and it was off putting.Special Features:
- Truly disappointingWhyGo2PhillyDined on 9/9/2014Such a beautiful room. It is a shame that there was mediocre service (inattentive waiter who slammed our wine glasses on the table and recommended a horrible dessert which he later admitted had been sent back to the kitchen several times that night by other patrons,) worse yet was the food. Just about everything was far below expectations. With hundreds of other choices in Philly, I won't be back.
- Philadelphia Top SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014On line depictions and menu did not disappoint. Service was impeccable!! Hostess Lauren ensured we had a great table for our special occasion.Special Features:
- Just rightChipDined on 9/6/2014My wife's birthday dinner could not of been better. The service we received from Dominic, Eric,Nicole, & lauren could not have been better. Elegant, polite, & personable. The good was great,we left fit home stuffed. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Medocre at bestManvsfoodDined on 9/6/2014We had arrived 15 mins early for a 5:30 reservation that we specifically made so that we could enjoy the view. We were told they'll "try" to honor our request but they had a lot of reservations for the night. That aside the calamari was really nice as an appetizer, the octopus was ok, not really worth trying. 2 of us were given the wrong menu for dinner which we didn't recognize right away. When we placed our order 2 of us requested the scallops, that the waiter had recommended. Oddly enough he came back 20 mins later and told us they were out! The restaurant serves dinner at 5:30, and scallops aren't on the lunch menu! The main courses were ok, the ravioli was overcooked, as was the salmon. The atmosphere is nice, the food is just okSpecial Features:
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/2/2014I dines with friends, on a week night. The service was outstanding, the food was good and nicely presented, the atmoshere plesant. I would recommend it for a nice dinner, perhpas even a special occasion.Special Features:
- SUNDAY BRUNCHNOISYDINERDined on 8/31/2014We were disappointed in the brunch. We have eaten brunch at 19 many times and we were surprised at how it had changed. Very little food on the buffet table and the main dish was disappointing.Special Features:
- UpsettingSlimDined on 8/29/201419 was always my favorite restaurant me in my family and also boyfriend would make reservations about 2-3 times a week but lastnight it was horrible and disappointing. We spent 2 hundred dollars and left hunry out food wasn't Braught out at the same time they were Braught out a hour apart! My boyfriend salmon was so runny in goowey in couldn't eat it and we were still charged for everything he kept saying they treating us badd tonight in which I don't think I want to ever go back. Our waiter waited on and checked on every other guess every 5 minutes to check on how there service was going but when we needed him we had to call out for him smh it was the worse experience ever I'm as much as we come there you would think they cared about itSpecial Features:
- Great View, Good FoodMarjDined on 8/29/2014My friend and I dined on the terrace, overlooking Center City. Our reservation was for 7 o'clock in the evening, so we also enjoyed a beautiful sunset. Our server tried extra hard to show us a good time, and brought us an '06 bottle of wine. The food was, overall, very good, but not the best that I've had in Philly. Go for the food, stay for the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horshamluncherDined on 8/25/2014Fabulous place for a special birthday celebration ~ - attentive service - amazing city view from the 19th floor - exceptional foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedFirstClassVIPDined on 8/24/2014Very disappointed -- In addition to the Open Table reservation I spoke a few days before with the restaurant specifically confirming BRUNCH. When we got there for our reservation we were informed that brunch did not start for another hour and only were serving breakfast until then. Furthermore they had no brunch reservations
- Another wonderful experiencepaulaDined on 8/22/2014My fiancee and I absolutely love XIX. I brought him here for his birthday last year and we enjoyed it so much, we came back again. The food, service, and atmosphere are always top notch. We are planning to being back our family for dinner before our wedding next September.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party experienceGotopcheddaDined on 8/15/2014I had the pleasure of taking my girlfriend for a surprise birthday party at XIX. the ambience was spectacular. We sat in the outside deck. While small, we were able to fit our party of 8 so,we hat comfortable. Service was prompt, but by no means pushy. There was no need for us to request our server, as Dom was always attentive. The wine list is rather extensive and while a bit pricey, not totally out of the realm of fair. We purchased both, by the glass and bottle. Our meals were adequate and palatable. There is not an extensive dinner menu, but the options should very easily meet anyone's needs. All food was cooked as requested to doneness. We were overly pleased with the quality and speed at which we were served.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014Plentiful and tasty appetizer and dessert areas. Had the steak entree which was cooked perfectly. Service was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening.MicahDined on 8/9/2014We were sat inside next to the balcony door, with a nice breeze blowing through. Our waiter was very attentive and friendly. The wine was great, the food was delicious. The meat and cheese plate is always amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just make a reservation, alreadyBlueEyeVIPDined on 8/9/2014I often bring friends and family members here for special occasions. And if it isn't a special occasion, it will become one, just by dining here. Consistently delicious food, gorgeous setting, charming staff, discounted self-parking (!!). They do a great job here and you should just make a reservation and check it out for yourself. You'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XIXWR41Dined on 8/8/2014Outstanding restaurant with beautiful ambiance and great view of the city. Food and service are first rateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerNursesDined on 8/8/2014This was a wonderful night out! Great view great food great service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/7/2014Great food with excellent service. Beautiful atmosphere.Special Features:
- Something for everyone at Cafe XIX!JluphlVIPDined on 8/7/2014I live & work near the Hyatt at the Bellevue, so Cafe XIX is conveniently located for business meetings & a special treat with friends. The service is always impeccable & the cuisine rivals any top-rated Center City restaurant, squashing that stereotype that hotel restaurants are blasé. We especially enjoy the 3-course fixed price lunch for $22 which includes a beverage, a buffet of appetizers, one entree to order from a selection of 5, followed by a buffet of desserts. Everyone leaves satisfied and happy. The experience can be as fast or slow as you want it to be & every dish exceeds expectations. The view from the 19th floor is lovely & if weather permits, you can enjoy your meal on the balcony. Looking forward to returning again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this spot for lunch!BlueEyeVIPDined on 8/7/2014This beautiful restaurant is very special, as well as a terrific bargain for lunch. The setting is gorgeous, the food is always delicious, the staff are lovely and gently attentive, and the Café Lunch is a great way to celebrate a special event. I have been bringing family and friends here for birthdays and other life celebrations for some time now, and I plan to continue that tradition. They do a wonderful job here, so treat yourself and make a reservation, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014We dine there at least once a year, and this was one of the best times. The dining room was quiet and felt very intimate. The food was top notch. We will go back again and again!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be.FatKidatHeartVIPDined on 8/1/2014With the space and the view, the restaurant is woefully mismanaged. Having dined in most major cities, there is always a restaurant with a view and natural beauty to the space making it an attraction to locals and visitors. This restaurant is much too big for what it can be and would be better suited if half of it became a weekend lounge spot like hotel Gansvoort in NY. The furniture and fixtures were old and dingy and the pearl lighting actually masked its natural beauty - also looked old and dingy. The tables were cheap and belonged at an everyday upscale diner like marathon grill. The food was slightly above average. The service was great. That's about as much as I'd like to spend thinking about this - you get the picture.Special Features:
- I Was Here BeforeRickyBDined on 8/1/2014I love XIX. My first visit XIX helped me entertain a group of friends and they are still talking about it. This visit was a bit more intimate. The view was ok, but nonetheless scenic--the skyline is always nice to view. The food and drink pairings were wonderful and the service exceptional, as it was before. I hope XIX continues to expand the menu and to keep the surprises coming !Special Features:
- Not the bestfrequentdinerVIPDined on 7/19/2014I'm not sure if we were here on a bad night however I do not think I will be dining here again. The service was very poor we were seated on the balcony and after 20 mins of waiting were never greeted by a server. After being moved the service was still lacking. They had a large party in the back dining room a wedding I believe and maybe this was the reason for the poor service. The food was just ok nothing impressive.Special Features:
- XIXmrhandshakeDined on 7/18/2014I was hoping to give my two guests a peasant experience at lunch and was not disappointed. The decor of XIX is one of the best in the city. Our waiter was very attentive and the food excellent. Both my guests commented, I believe sincerely, that their food was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingJWellsDined on 7/16/2014If you are looking for a romantic night out or simply a meal that will leave you breathless then you should pass on Nineteen. While the patio outside offers a romantic and intimate ambiance the downward decline of food, service, and wine list quickly follow.Upon first glance of the menu their is hope for a few dishes that offer intrigue to your palate. Unfortunately, the service was awful. The imagination of what might have been for a memorable dinner slowly eluded us. I understand that really good food takes time, but 25 mins for a crab cake and two cocktails is unacceptable. Do not dine here it was the most expensive meal while I was in Philadelphia, and without a doubt the worst by far.
- 1234VIPDined on 7/16/2014Had 3 course lunch. Great. Will be back. After the salads and the desserts the was no room for the entree - just; pack it up and take it home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.