5940 Mullen Way NW
Edmonton, AB T6R 0S9Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 7803951119x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday - Saturday 11 am - 3 pm
Sunday 12 pm - 3 pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Andrew Fung
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour
A word from Nineteen XIX
"We created a restaurant where patrons could relax with family and friends to enjoy upscale dining in a casual atmosphere. A place that proves you don"t have to sacrifice quality for comfort. We'd like to think of it as 'dining redefined'." - Al Prokop and Chef Andrew FungContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Nineteen XIX - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
Nineteen XIX reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (79)fit for foodies (75)neighborhood gem (58)romantic (43)notable wine list (33)good for groups (25)hot spot (21)great for outdoor dining (18)great for lunch (11)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Third time at NineteenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014Always a sure thing- great meal with great service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet 16th BirthdayYvonneFitchellDined on 9/14/2014We came to XIX to celebrate my daughter's Sweet 16 birthday. Jason was our waiter. He was spectacular and did not under sell the meals. They were everything that he said they would be and more. I will gladly go back ~ hopefully as soon as possible!Special Features:
- BDiggityDined on 9/13/2014The atmosphere was fantastic! Great for a romantic evening. I went to celebrate one year of marriage with my wife, who happens to be a chef as well. We were excited to try this place as we have heard good reviews. The appetizers were amazing! We had 2 and a salad - all were great. Our expectations for the entrées were very high as the appetizers were so good... the entrées were okay - nothing special. I would try different things the next time around. It wasn't as expensive as I have heard - I don't mind paying extra to have good quality food. Will be back to try other things!Special Features:
- Great food ,terrible acoustics!suensteveDined on 9/10/2014The food at Nineteen is amazing - great flavours, very interesting and imaginative combinations, beautiful presentation,and good portions. Service is great. The only negative is the NOISE! The noise level made us feel like we were in the middle of a busy food court, such a shame.Special Features:
- Nineteen? maybe 18.bitofchocoDined on 9/5/2014We walked in and loved the ambiance and the service, but the food just did not measure up to what we heard. The best part of the evening was my dessert and the cup of excellent decaf I had with it. We were there with friends and could hardly hear them speak over the music. It was just too loud!Special Features:
- FoodieHeartDined on 9/5/2014Ate lunch on the bar side for lunch. First time going to this restaurant. The waiter was very knowledgeable of the food and beverages. Offered good advice. Was a bit loud, I will try the restaurant side next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Points For XIXhappydinerDined on 8/31/2014Always greeted by friendly staff and seated promptly. Menus items always fresh and prepared to highlight best flavor. Waiter knew what to recommend and could detail all items. We love that food and service is constantly great!Special Features:
- Anniversary SupperintowntreatDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I went to Nineteen XIX for our anniversary. Both the service and the food were exceptional. When we first sat down it felt like we were closer to the table beside us than each other - that feeling disappeared quite quickly however. Lighting was good for our special occasion and everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Edmontons finest restaurantsjackngaildineDined on 8/26/2014The service was outstanding, the food was of a remarkable quality. The menu while not large had an impressive array of dishes to suit all tastes. I have visited this restaurant previously and have always thoroughly enjoyed the food, wine and ambiance. This is truly a gem outside of the Edmonton downtown area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I had heard very favourable comments about this restaurant so chose it for the special occassion of an anniversary. It more than surpassed its recommendations. The menu was varied enough to satisfy anyone and make having to narrow the order difficult. Thus a need to come back again to try other items. Our waitress was wonderful. She was Helpful and prompt without being in your way. The atmosphere was very pleasant. Comfortable with the ability to hear your dinner companion. I would highly recommend the restaurant and would personally like to try lunch there also.Special Features:
- XIXRawrgimotoDined on 8/19/2014I really enjoy how the menu changes all the time, it really opens your mind to all other food out there, the food was amazing and the service was just top notch, I like how they didn't interrupt you when you had a mouth full of food "oh how is the food"? They waited till you were actually finished and then discussed it with you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!nicoleDined on 8/17/2014Had the steak and the halibut. Was very good! Will go back for sure. Service was great also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceGloriaDined on 8/17/2014I really liked this restaurant! The food and service were excellent and I really like the option of having a small glass of wine. One of the best meals I've had in a long time. Excellent value. Highly recommend this spot.Special Features:
- Great food and very good service.happydinerDined on 8/17/2014As always Nineteen is a great spot to enjoy great food, helpful and friendly service in an atmosphere that is first class. A very casual way of making your visit always feel special.Special Features:
- Fantastic!DustjasDined on 8/16/2014Our experience at XIX has always been fantastic! Great food, service and experience everytime we visit!Special Features:
- great dinnerPopskiVIPDined on 8/13/2014sat inside, I had great halibut. rack of lamb for the wife was good, but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemCrazycanuck17Dined on 8/9/2014This place is truely a hidden gem. You would not expect to find a place of this calibre in a strip mall off of rabbit hill rd. The service and food was extraordinary. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night OutEat2ExplorerDined on 8/8/2014We ate here for my boyfriend's birthday. The food was very tasty and appropriate sizing. We shared a couple starters and enjoyed an entree and dessert each. Our server was knowledgable about what dishes could be done gluten free for my allergies and how to avoid legumes for my boyfriend. The kitchen even put a chocolate happy birthday and sparkler on my boyfriend's dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks!LoveToEatDined on 8/6/2014We had a great dining experience in this restaurant. Thank you to the chef and staff for helping make our experience so great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NINETEENFoodandDrinkDined on 8/6/2014Went for our 3rd anniversary. Was a bit of a treat for us and I was expecting a premium attached for the special occasion. We were greeted and seated immediately. Our server did an excellent job of explaining the NINETEEN story and the items on the menu. He actually changed my choice of entrée due to his description. Overall I found the food excellent, and even though the portions look small, they were filling due to the richness of the food. Definitely would recommend for a special evening out.Special Features:
- Very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014We found the food to be excellent in taste and portion size, only thing was that we also found it a little over pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BilboDined on 8/2/2014Food was good, service was good, but the place was very loud and difficult to hear or have a conversation. The room was a bit smoky from the kitchen cooking area. Need to fix the exhaust system.Special Features:
- Amazing Experience and superb foodDateNightGemDined on 8/1/2014We went to XIX on a recommendation from a friend for a date night. We were not disappointed. From the second we walked in we were greeted with smiling hostess', our server Sue was outstanding, personable, friendly sense of humour and new her menu from how things were prepped to ingredients. Even as we were leaving we plassed the wine rack and another staff member a gentleman ( dont remember his name) stopped to explain some wines, how the winer cooler worked and the dispenser and then took the time to show us other wines. This was some what wordy, but in a few words, You gotta eat here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Noisy placerestaurantDined on 8/1/2014Our group of 4 found this restaurant noisy, expensive and served small portions. Food taste was very good, but was very slow between courses and wasn't very hot. Their beverage selection is limited compared to other restaurants in this calibre and service was average.
- ThecDined on 8/1/2014It was a great experience once we got there. Making the reservation was another thing. the booking service refused my initial reservation for five people. Then I made one for four people and added an email as your service provided. Then your reply was that emails were not accepted. Then I tried phoning the restaurant during advertised business hours to be told by answering machine the restaurant was closed and to leave a message. Couldn't leave a message as the machine cut out. I gave it one more try and was able to leave a message. Fortunately restaurant personnel phoned back to confirm my message. I think I got an A for persistence. I nearly gave up; easy communication would have been most welcome.Special Features:
- Tasty, interesting dishesMaxeatsDined on 7/30/2014It's nice to have a good restaurant someplace other than downtown Edmonton. Parking was so easy! Good selection an variety for food and drinks. We were seated by the kitchen, so could watch our food being cooked. Balcony looked inviting too. My friends had the ahi tuna dishes and were quite pleased. I enjoyed a couple of appetizers and salad. None of the dishes blew me away, but everything was very well done. They ended up being quite busy, so it took a little to get our bill. Yet the service was super friendly and very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to returnThewelderDined on 7/24/2014My wife and I dined here here for her birthday. It was amazing! The service was great and the food was outstanding. I really am looking forward to dining here again:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the short ribs, very tenderAmbroDined on 7/23/2014Our favourite on the menu were the short ribs! Great combination of flavours!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodJaySDined on 7/23/2014Fine dining. Great for special occasion. Compared to some other high-priced restaurants in Edmonton, I would rate this one much higher quality.Special Features:
- Groups?AnniversaryDined on 7/19/2014The only thing I was disappointed is that we were there for our 18th wedding anniversary and we were beside a table of 6 guys that were a bit loud for a romantic dinner. I wish we had a place that was more secluded. But the food and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuickiePopskiVIPDined on 7/18/2014Had a great lunch with a friend from out of town, creative tasty salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was good that's allLuvitalianoDined on 7/15/2014Our service was great, and the food good nothing great though. We dinned here for our anniversary and the table behind us was loud and obnoxious, it wrecked the evening as we could barely hear each other. I won't be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- phenomenal!MastrMDined on 7/13/2014I took my fiancée here for her birthday dinner. We showed up at 5pm. Seated right away, the restaurant was pretty much empty. Our server was very friendly, the atmosphere was romantic and modern. Ordered our drinks and apps, they arrived quickly as there were no other tables to cook for... It was amazing. The beef tataki was delicious, and very flavorful. Next, entrées... I had the beef tenderloin with potato wedgies, the fiancée had the gnocchi. Again, fantastic flavor, great presentation and extremely tender beef. Have to say, been searching Edmonton for some great places to frequent and this tops the list... Loved it ... Definitely recommend Nineteen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightDateniteDined on 7/11/2014Had a wonderful evening dinning with friends. From our starters to desert, the meal was perfect. Our waiter was informative, firefly but did not over serve. Would go back for another night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top appies, wild boar overratedCloverdaleDivaDined on 7/11/2014Spectacular appetizers - Tuna Tataki and Tuna Twists ( all time faves) Salmon was also outstanding. I tried the wild Boar and had higher expectations ... a little underwhelmed. I think the latest hype over the ingredient may have motivated me to choose it. Great wine choices. No guarantees you will get the patio when you reserve as no way of doing so on Open Table. First come, first serve.Special Features:
- Great food, I'm never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014This place is fantastic. We haven't had a bad meal. The staff is excellent, and the food is amazing! Love love love it here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special occasionBrunotFoodDined on 6/27/2014The quality of the food was superb and the restaurant and patio were clean. The decor is very impressive and the patio is designed very well; we enjoyed having our meal outside! As our income is much less then their main/local demographic - MacTaggart & Magrath - we can't complain about the $150 bill, that's unusually high for us. Within walking distance, we would love to eat here every month or so, but the price will keep us to eating here maybe 2-3 times a year - a great place to bring friends, or the folks when they visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is rare...michellecandaceDined on 6/24/2014...that I find a restaurant where you can't go wrong no matter what dish you order. The bread, appetizers, and all the mains we ordered were amazing! The ahi tuna with noodles on a fork were my FAVOURITE and presented so uniquely. I also ordered the ahi tuna salad, which had the most ahi tuna I've ever seen on a plate from a restaurant. I ran out of salad before I did tuna, which makes me so happy <3 After one go this restaurant made my top 3 list in Edmonton.Special Features:
- It was okay, better the first timesallyDined on 6/21/2014Did not really have a great dinner experience. Service was slow, food wasn't great, missed items on a salad, fish was cooked great, but bland needed some flavor. We were at Joey's the night before and it was the same only more expensive.Special Features:
- Be prepared to pay much more...artsy2000Dined on 6/20/2014This is our second time in this restaurant and this time we were very disappointed. Food was good, but you cannot charge for regular Cabernet-Sauvignon from 2013 (very young wine, Australia, not France or Italy) 63 dollars per bottle. Just regular young wine which normally cost you $10 in the liquor store and maybe 25 in any other restaurant. Besides, the wine list is misleading, so you see the price per glass, but you think that this is price per bottle. The waiter could point on that, but he didn't. Very noisy restaurant.