5940 Mullen Way NW
Edmonton, AB T6R 0S9Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dinenineteen.com/
- Phone: (780) 395-1119
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday - Saturday 11 am - 3 pm
Sunday 12 pm - 3 pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Andrew Fung
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour
A word from Nineteen XIX
"We created a restaurant where patrons could relax with family and friends to enjoy upscale dining in a casual atmosphere. A place that proves you don"t have to sacrifice quality for comfort. We'd like to think of it as 'dining redefined'." - Al Prokop and Chef Andrew FungContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Nineteen XIX - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
Nineteen XIX reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (78)special occasion (75)neighborhood gem (61)romantic (45)notable wine list (36)good for groups (28)hot spot (23)great for lunch (14)great for outdoor dining (11)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/26/2014Our server was very good - attentive and friendly. The food was excellent - everything was well presented and tasted fresh. The tables are a little close together, not allowing for a lot of privacy, and the music was a bit on the loud side, so you had to speak above that - we ended up hearing everything the neighboring tables were talking about and vice-versa I am sure. Not the place for an intimate dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top choice in EdmontonBeatrixDined on 11/20/2014The food was exquisite - delicious and beautifully presented! The staff was friendly and helpful - you could tell they enjoyed working there....the room had the wonderful buzz of people enjoying themselves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Changes...spukspukVIPDined on 11/19/2014Its been a year since my last visit. The menu changed, and that happens. Im glad it does. Its a bore if it didn't. Just not sure if i preferred the last as opposed to this version. Appy was a pork belly, in a sweet auj., reduction of sort...delicious. Especially for me, im not a fan of animal skin - fat. I had a chance to try - share the mussels. They came luke warm at best. Sent them back for a quick stir - refresher. Same result :(( luke warm. Dinner was short ribs. Not bad, nothing outstanding, but cooked prefectly & very tender. For me something is missing... not sure what it is but the menu, needs to be visited again. Im back for another try...!!! P.S.. getting reservo., is difficult. I believe these seats maybe block-booked by management, for walk-in's etc., Every Fri - Sat., can't surely be booked at 6-8pm for a month in advance..!?!?!?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodSherwoodDined on 11/19/2014The service and the food was very good. We did find the niose level loud, and tables to close together. This made it hard to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingnobecoDined on 11/13/2014We booked here for a very special Anniversary.We were disappointed to find there were no points given that night,late offering at 7.45pm.this was the main reason for going,the other reason being the Chef/owners excellent reputation coming from an exclusive golf club.the starters were excellent,ESP the tuna twist,the fish dish was excellent ,the tenderloin. Of beef was well below average Noel Williams
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014It was like no other dining we have done!!The service was polite and informal !The girl knew her stuff,regarding the menu, the wine to go with the meal!It was relaxing ,unthreating,not to loud!The TV s were set to a couple different football game, which is perfect, in not showing one but giving you an option,to see a variety!I would highly recommend it to friends,and family!The food was hot,quick and most of all outstanding in flavour ,freshness and overall taste!!Well done,group,well done!!See you again,soon!Sincerely,Harold E Childs!Special Features:
- Great DininghappydinerVIPDined on 11/7/2014Great service! Wonderful atmosphere! Limited but fresh menu! Never disappoints! Enjoyed flatbread and salad! Super selection of drinks!Special Features:
- Always amazing!KurtDined on 10/31/2014Love this place! Wanted a nice dinner with my wife before our movie on Halloween. The food was (and is always) excellent -- we've been here 4 times. Always ask your server for whatever specials they may have....I find they have the freshest seafood (usually as a special) in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasionExploreyegDined on 10/31/2014My boyfriend and I have been dying to try this restaurant simply to try the chef's for since we had heard he was an amazing chef in hong Kong. The food was amazing but we enjoyed dessert the most. The butter cake was so deliciou . It was savory and sweet. The ice cream and strawberry sauce complimented the came very well. I thoroughly enjoyed the did and the staff. Overall, a great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating an anniversaryColetteDined on 10/26/2014We went to X1X to celebrate an anniversary and were not disappointed. The server was delightful, the food was excellent, and you can purchase taster pours (which I always like) to pair with your courses. We sat by the "kitchen window" and enjoyed watching the team build dishes. You have to love a restaurant that will reveal their kitchen to their guests!Special Features:
- cindytVIPDined on 10/24/2014Amazing as always!!!! Great Birthday Dinner~thanks Chef Fung & Crew!!!Special Features:
- Great service and foodAjm3323Dined on 10/23/2014Nice small restaurant with creative dishes and friendly staff. The server offered an excellent wine recommendation, and was enthusiastic about the the food. I would definitely go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodMichelleVIPDined on 10/18/2014A perfect place for a birthday celebration. Without a doubt this is one of the best restaurants in Edmonton. Salads were very tasty and good portioned. This restaurant served the best steak I have eaten in this city. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noiseanonDined on 10/17/2014Far roo noisy, difficult to have a conversation even with just 4 people at a small table. but the food was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Great energy and great food. Certainly a great mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't overlook for lunchXIXfanDined on 10/17/2014Worth the drive from downtown for awesome kitchen fare in the loungeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodHappygilmoreDined on 10/16/2014Great food but outrageously overpriced for drinks. We got charged 23 dollars for a single glass of wine.Special Features:
- the best restaurant in town!karenDined on 10/12/2014I had his food when he used to work at Black Hawk. The food is just perfect, restaurant is clean and sheek, and people are friendly. Definitely will go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- get together with friends.dinerreview44Dined on 10/8/2014Nice place if you want something different. Waitress was somewhat new I think, not very good. Couldn't hear a word she said most of the time, spoke too quietly. kids shouldn't be allowed in an adult, expensive restaurant like that, Or sit people with kids in a kid section and let the rest of us dine in peace. Hostess called me half hour after we were already seated to ask if we were coming to keep our reservation. I said we are already here and have been for half an hour, not very organized! Food was a little sparse for the cost but good.
- A wonderful dining experrienceNTZ2014Dined on 10/8/2014We went with my daughter who was visiting me from US and it was wonderful to share a wonderful evening with her. Food was awesome and so was the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectReview1Dined on 10/3/2014A colleague and I opted for a sea food evening. Dungeness crab cakes crisp and tasty with salsa and a basil cream sauce; mussels with cheese, of which I was chary, were delicious. The halibut special and seafood pasta were served with balanced, subtle sauces. The creme brûlée was perfect. The service was impeccable. We were happy with our wine choice. Only one quibble. We were were seated at a table for two, at the open end of a row of tables when there were clearly booths for two available. That unanchored feeling of sitting amid restaurant traffic was not completely comfortable and was unnecessary. Later arrivals, couples all, were seated at booths, including one couple without reservations. Was this table reserved for women?Special Features:
- justicejVIPDined on 9/30/2014An exceptional restaurant one of the best in Edmonton TopsSpecial Features:
- Amazing foodFoodie123Dined on 9/26/2014Amazing food and amazing service. The atmosphere was very vibrantSpecial Features:
- DinnerportaloneDined on 9/25/2014The service was flawless, which was refreshing . The food was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/25/2014Amazing food and service ! Was for my daughters 19th Birthday. We enjoyed wine and great food...was just a wonderful eveningSpecial Features:
- Great As Always!happydinerVIPDined on 9/25/2014Nineteen is our go to spot! Always great friendly service. Food is fresh and well presented. Enjoy bringing our friends from out of town. Specials are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!Food4thoughtDined on 9/20/2014We shared the tuna twist to start, so tasty. I had the beef short rib sandwich and it was so delicious that I am sure I ate it all in 5 bites. Overall the food there is excellent, great place for lunch with the family during the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third time at NineteenSusanDined on 9/17/2014Always a sure thing- great meal with great service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet 16th BirthdayYvonneFitchellDined on 9/14/2014We came to XIX to celebrate my daughter's Sweet 16 birthday. Jason was our waiter. He was spectacular and did not under sell the meals. They were everything that he said they would be and more. I will gladly go back ~ hopefully as soon as possible!Special Features:
- BDiggityDined on 9/13/2014The atmosphere was fantastic! Great for a romantic evening. I went to celebrate one year of marriage with my wife, who happens to be a chef as well. We were excited to try this place as we have heard good reviews. The appetizers were amazing! We had 2 and a salad - all were great. Our expectations for the entrées were very high as the appetizers were so good... the entrées were okay - nothing special. I would try different things the next time around. It wasn't as expensive as I have heard - I don't mind paying extra to have good quality food. Will be back to try other things!Special Features:
- Great food ,terrible acoustics!suensteveDined on 9/10/2014The food at Nineteen is amazing - great flavours, very interesting and imaginative combinations, beautiful presentation,and good portions. Service is great. The only negative is the NOISE! The noise level made us feel like we were in the middle of a busy food court, such a shame.Special Features:
- Nineteen? maybe 18.bitofchocoDined on 9/5/2014We walked in and loved the ambiance and the service, but the food just did not measure up to what we heard. The best part of the evening was my dessert and the cup of excellent decaf I had with it. We were there with friends and could hardly hear them speak over the music. It was just too loud!Special Features:
- FoodieHeartDined on 9/5/2014Ate lunch on the bar side for lunch. First time going to this restaurant. The waiter was very knowledgeable of the food and beverages. Offered good advice. Was a bit loud, I will try the restaurant side next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Points For XIXhappydinerVIPDined on 8/31/2014Always greeted by friendly staff and seated promptly. Menus items always fresh and prepared to highlight best flavor. Waiter knew what to recommend and could detail all items. We love that food and service is constantly great!Special Features:
- Anniversary SupperintowntreatDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I went to Nineteen XIX for our anniversary. Both the service and the food were exceptional. When we first sat down it felt like we were closer to the table beside us than each other - that feeling disappeared quite quickly however. Lighting was good for our special occasion and everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Edmontons finest restaurantsjackngaildineDined on 8/26/2014The service was outstanding, the food was of a remarkable quality. The menu while not large had an impressive array of dishes to suit all tastes. I have visited this restaurant previously and have always thoroughly enjoyed the food, wine and ambiance. This is truly a gem outside of the Edmonton downtown area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I had heard very favourable comments about this restaurant so chose it for the special occassion of an anniversary. It more than surpassed its recommendations. The menu was varied enough to satisfy anyone and make having to narrow the order difficult. Thus a need to come back again to try other items. Our waitress was wonderful. She was Helpful and prompt without being in your way. The atmosphere was very pleasant. Comfortable with the ability to hear your dinner companion. I would highly recommend the restaurant and would personally like to try lunch there also.Special Features:
- XIXRawrgimotoDined on 8/19/2014I really enjoy how the menu changes all the time, it really opens your mind to all other food out there, the food was amazing and the service was just top notch, I like how they didn't interrupt you when you had a mouth full of food "oh how is the food"? They waited till you were actually finished and then discussed it with you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!nicoleDined on 8/17/2014Had the steak and the halibut. Was very good! Will go back for sure. Service was great also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceGloriaDined on 8/17/2014I really liked this restaurant! The food and service were excellent and I really like the option of having a small glass of wine. One of the best meals I've had in a long time. Excellent value. Highly recommend this spot.Special Features: