Nine18 at The Villas of Grand Cypress
One North Jacaranda
Orlando, FL 32836Neighborhood:
Lake Buena Vista
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Nine18 at The Villas of Grand Cypress
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grandcypress.com/dining/nine_18/
- Phone: (407) 239-1999
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Nine18 at The Villas of Grand Cypress
NINE18 is a dinner-only restaurant offering a distinct selection of black angus steaks and fresh seafood perfect for that exceptional dining experience. Overlooking the North-South Course, Nine18 offers a relaxing and elegant atmosphere that showcases an extensive 500-bottle wine collection. We feature items such as Chef’s famous Colossal Onion Soup, Australian Rack of Lamb, Maple Leaf farm Duck, and Chocolate Soufflés. Surrounded by 1,500 acres of natural and serene beauty, NINE18 is the perfect location for a romantic dinner or special occasions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Nine18 at The Villas of Grand Cypress - Best Restaurants in Lake Buena Vista ›
Nine18 at The Villas of Grand Cypress reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (25)fit for foodies (23)scenic view (20)notable wine list (17)romantic (16)good for groups (9)neighborhood gem (9)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- PerfectBenzoDeluxeDined on 11/16/2014We had a perfect dinner start to finish. Our meal was delicious. The onion potato soup with scratch made Brie biscuit in the carved out onion bowl was just one highlight. Our server Rafael was a real pro. 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect AnniversaryLovetoeatVIPDined on 11/15/2014My husband and I looked for a well-recommended restaurant on Open Table to celebrate our 31st anniversary. We were so pleased to find Nine18. The stand out dish was the Duck Two Ways; perfectly cooked duck breast nestled in a flavorful sauce. We also enjoyed the crab cake and pork belly appetizers. Service was spot on, being attentive but not hovering. The sommelier recommended two wines that complemented our main courses perfectly. We were even treated to a special anniversary surprise to complete our meal. The entire experience left us raving to our friends and neighbors, and has us looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's the best by farDennisRVIPDined on 11/1/2014My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary here last week and just love the food, service and setting. It's our third time dinning here and it just gets better. Amazing food and even better deserts. It's easy to get to so close to downtown Disney but without the parking hassles , crowds or overpriced food.Special Features:
- Great Place to eatJoeC21Dined on 10/31/2014The food was over the top. We have eaten there before and will continue to go back. The waiters are the best. Their attention to ever detail is excellent. They know the menus in and out.Special Features:
- JudyDined on 10/24/2014Great service and food. Celebrated a birthday. Staff was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was top notchSouthLoopSavvyDined on 10/23/2014Our server was fantastic, and recommended an amazing wine pairing. Unfortunately, I had higher expectations for the food. The pork belly appetizer was hands down phenomenal, but the scallops were a bit over seasoned and the accompaniments were bland. The lamb was great. I would be willing to give it another try based on the excellent service, wine list, and the pork belly :)Special Features:
- Amazing Restaurant and StaffSophocleaseDined on 10/12/2014My wife and I are locals. We decided to have a "stay-cation" at the Grand Cypress Villas over a weekend. While there we dined at Nine18 one evenin for dinner. Hands down one of the best dining experiences of our lives. This is saying something as I travel the country for work and eat at prestegious restaurants in various cities often. We made reservations for 7:15pm. There was only one other couple in the dining room - very quiet and romantic. The staff was incredibly attentive. The house wines are amazing - as are some of the other selections available. My wife had an aged steak with a gratan. I enjoyed the scallops with a bur blanc made with Sothern Comfort; sweet and zesty. Price was right too! Great value here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Orlando's best kept secretOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014If you want awesome food, fantastic service and a quiet setting, let the folks at Nine18 show you how it's done!Special Features:
- Always a great mealDennisRVIPDined on 9/26/2014This is our second time and it was even better than the 1st. It's so close to downtown Disney, and no hassle parkinging. Better food and cheaper.Special Features:
- What a Find!PeggyDined on 9/26/2014Thanks to Magical Dining, I discovered this gem. Excellent food and the best customer service that you could ever ask for. I truly enjoyed my dining experience here! The Pork Belly was the best ever! Special Thanks to Raphael for being so accommodating!Special Features:
- Very nice, quiet dinnnerZac280Dined on 9/24/2014We went for the Orlando dining magic. Both of us had excellent 3-course meals with special, unique touches in each. The wine pairing was excellent, and a good draft beer selection as well. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great food and wines!gushAndSonDined on 9/23/2014Me and my 13th made good use of the magic dinning month and loved it. Everything from bread to the wine was very good. Plus, we got educated by the Somalia of the place. AwesomeSpecial Features:
- ExcellentHappyDinerDined on 9/21/2014Everyone was absolutely wonderful. We were there on a Sunday evening. From beginning to end we were well taken care of. The food was excellent. My son who has traveled extensively and dines out quite a lot said it was the best chicken he had ever had in his life. My husband who is hard to please was extremely happy. I would recommempnd this. You could see Disney fireworks from the room. We had the magical dining menu but would go back. Rafael and the entire staff is wonderful. A young man had just moved here from New Jersey was also very pleasant and attentive.Special Features:
- Fantastic experiencePartyof9Dined on 9/20/2014Our party of 9 had a fantastic ! Every detail was wonderful and the food was exceptional! Highly recommend going here and we will be back!Special Features:
- OviedogirlDined on 9/20/2014Enjoyed finding this great restaurant through Orlando's Magical Dinning. Our service was outstanding with knowledgeable information from our waiter, Rafael. The chef came out to speak with us twice. An appetizer tasting and truffles were an unexpected and delicious addition to our meals. Our friends and I look forward to another meal at this gem tucked away at the Grand Cypress Hyatt's golf course.Special Features:
- Excellent foodUnhappyVIPDined on 9/14/2014Food was very good, plates were presented beautifully, wait staff very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the driveORL32803VIPDined on 9/13/2014Two friends and I dined at NINE18 for a birthday celebration. We live near winter Patk and don't normally come down to the Parks but we thought we'd try something new. The menu was excellent and the food was great. The staff was so nice and our waiter was patient as we took time to pick a wine we liked. We also had an infant with us and our waiter was great with her, even holding her for a while when the restaurant slowed down. And, I really gauge a restaurant by its desserts...NINE18 did not disappoint...the lava cake and apple crisp was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FIRST TIME VISITEricDined on 9/6/2014We did not want to write a review based on one visit....and because we used the special September fixed price menu. As it was the available choices were really good and we had an excellent meal at a very high value. We found the service to of the very highest class found in the Orlando area; our table server, and our wine server, made us feel we need to return soon for further enjoyment! We plan to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great experience!FoodieChickDined on 9/3/2014Nine18 is a definite must-try. Excellent food with some ingredients locally sourced and true wonderful proper service. The dining room overlooks one of the golf holes and is very pretty. We enjoyed our whole experience there and will return.Special Features:
- nice restaurantLisaDined on 8/30/2014The restaurant has a romantic atmosphere even and though we brought our kids along, it was very kid friendly. The service was exceptional complete with those extra touches that make the meal special. I don't know why this place was empty on a sat night. It should have been packed! We will likely go back just the two of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Nightjbrave1Dined on 8/29/2014Went based on previous ratings on opentable. Went with girlfriend just for a date night on Friday and was staying a short distance away at Disney. Great wine selection. Service is impeccable. Never had to refill my own wine. Fresh napkin every time you excuse yourself from table. Arrived for 6:30 dinner and initially had the entire place to ourselves. Wait staff is amazing, keeps you smiling and enjoying your experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A successful business dinnerGeoffVIPDined on 8/22/2014Took a group of clients for a business event. Great food and service. There was a storm that afternoon and the AC was out for part of the meal which made the room a bit stuffy, but the staff's attentiveness made up for itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnerstevek653Dined on 8/16/2014I took my wife to nine18 for our 17th anniversary. What a wonderful experience. The food was fantastic (she had duck, I had the tenderloin). The service was friendly and attentive without being overbearing, not to mention knowledgeable with a great recommendation for a wine paring for dinner. The timing between meals provided time for conversation without us wondering when the food would arrive. The champagne was perfect for the celebration. We ended the night with dessert and a peak at the Epcot fireworks show. Could not have asked for more.Special Features:
- Hesitate to say "Special Occassion"MyGoToDined on 8/16/2014Because frankly... local Orlando'ans should be frequenting this gem. The views are fantastic. The food is remarkable. The wine list is impressive. The service is OUTSTANDING (ask for Rafael). Compared to the loud, over-crowded, and chain-experience options that dominate the local landscape, I can't imagine why more people aren't taking advantage of Nine18.Special Features:
- The following 153 reviews are from the Nine18 at The Villas of Grand Cypress reviews archive.
- An Orlando Standout!RickVIPDined on 7/24/2014Forget everything you knew about Orlando restaurants. This has got to be one of the best restaurants in the area. I know that isn't saying much, but this place is head and shoulders above any of the other places, especially in the tourist area. It's a bit pricey, but not for the quality you get. This is a true fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Loved it!RodriquaVIPDined on 7/5/2014The food was excellent, the service was above and beyond what we expected. This restaurant not for those that are expecting large portions. It is for those looking for experience in taste and flavors. We will definitely being coming back again and looking forward to trying new dishes.Special Features:
- The Perfect EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014Our dinner at Nine18 was absolutely splendid. The dining room was almost empty when we arrived giving us some concern but we absolutely enjoyed the evening and the incredible tandem service from the wait staff. They provided us with excellent recommendations from wine to appetizers, main course alternatives. Even when we decided not to order dessert, the staff made sure we had a taste of chocolate along with an after dinner drink to finish off the night. Kudo's to the chef for the outstanding meals he prepared. perfectly sized and with all the right compliments to savor the specialties.Special Features:
- Just Plain WonderfulLocalResidentVIPDined on 6/14/2014Restaurant that are truly a fine dining experience are hard to come by these days. Nine-18 is just that. Superb service, excellent well prepared food in a comfortable setting. We come here every time we are in Orlando...it is not to be missed.Special Features:
- Sustained ExcellenceWGreviewerVIPDined on 5/25/2014Superb food, great wine list - friendly service - overlooking a beautiful golf landscape, perfect for viewing the sunset! Nine18 is consistently good, and we come back time and again when we want a romantic night out...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Night at Nine18ChuckwagonDined on 5/12/2014We went to Nine18 for a Special Night, hoping it would be as I remembered it. It far exceeded our expectations, the food was fabulous and the service superb. We both enjoyed the rack of lamb, the only thing better than the taste was the presentation. I can't wait to bring my daughter, who is a chef in Washington, DC and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone for any occasion.Special Features:
- disappointingEasterDined on 4/20/2014We were there for Easter brunch with my Mother. Some of the food was good, but overall I thought the presentation was sloppy. I didn't think it was worth $50 per person. The service was just ok. Several times we had to look around our waiter but he looked like he preparing to close. Anyway needless to say we will not be back.
- Fantastic Easter BrunchMikeGVIPDined on 4/20/2014Excellent Food, great service, and a lovely view. Could not have asked for a better time!!!Special Features:
- Easter BrunchUnimpressedDined on 4/20/2014I was very unimpressed with the variety of food for the Easter Sunday Brunch. I did not realize there was an omlet station as there was no one there. "The desserts were not good. The peanut butter pie is supposed to be served chilled, and because it was room temperature it was nothing but mush. The same with the cheesecake. The desserts should have been plated and brought out a few at a time. Very minimal offerings. Our waiter never checked on us, I finally had to go get him to get the check. He did not even know where we were sitting or how many were in our party! I could have just walked out and no one would have known. The food was good, just not a great selection or presentation.
- Time to Go Back!CatAVIPDined on 3/21/2014They have hit their stride! The wine list is very well chosen with something for every taste. All ingredients were incredibly fresh and artfully presented. The service is top notch but not at all stuffy. Dress code is California casual. The room itself is beautiful with sweeping vistas of the the surrounding golf course. Tourists - if you are staying in the Lake Buena Vista area this is an easy drive / cab ride and well worth the effort. The ambiance is as far away form the theme park environment as you can get. :-) It truly is an oasis. Locals - if you are in Windermere, Bay Hill, or Keene's Point you absolutely should give it another shot! This is a "hidden gem"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get ready to be pamperedshgerdocDined on 3/15/2014We felt like the only diners there, that's how special the Staff made us feel, and how pampered we were all night.... simply amazing. The Chilean Sea Bass was the best I've ever had in my life... What an amazing experience. We could not decide which was better, the food or the service... Nine/18 was simply amazing in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant at a golf getawayJanaDined on 3/13/2014The food was great. Quality food. A little pricey. Excellent service and wine list. Good ambiance overlooking the golf course. Restaurant appears to cater to golf groups but also does a good job with couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice break from Orlando crowdsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/20/2014Very good food in a nice quiet setting looking out to the golf course. Located only minutes from Disney parks, but an entirely different peaceful setting. The staff & kitchen were quite helpful with special diets, in our case gluten free, being very careful to substitute for each dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningLuvFineWineDined on 2/20/2014Ate there twice. Great service, excellent wait staff, and food cooked exactly as ordered. The Strip, Filet, Shrimp, and the duck entrees were perfect, and came to the table hot and in a timely manner - on plates that were warm. Recommend this for fine dining anytime, Might suggest you bring your own wine and pay the corkage fee, as the wine list was the only thing that was lacking in variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A break from trafficOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Great place off the beaten path (I-Drive) tremendous food, knowledgable staff and up beat valet (what more can you ask for)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free ValantineGaryButlerDined on 2/13/2014Everything was perfect for my Valentine, even the Gluten free Food served by excellent knowledgeable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.