Nine18 at The Villas of Grand Cypress
One North Jacaranda
Orlando, FL 32836Neighborhood:
Lake Buena Vista
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Nine18 at The Villas of Grand Cypress
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grandcypress.com/dining/nine_18/
- Phone: 4072391999x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Nine18 at The Villas of Grand Cypress
NINE18 is a dinner-only restaurant offering a distinct selection of black angus steaks and fresh seafood perfect for that exceptional dining experience. Overlooking the North-South Course, Nine18 offers a relaxing and elegant atmosphere that showcases an extensive 500-bottle wine collection. We feature items such as Chef’s famous Colossal Onion Soup, Australian Rack of Lamb, Maple Leaf farm Duck, and Chocolate Soufflés. Surrounded by 1,500 acres of natural and serene beauty, NINE18 is the perfect location for a romantic dinner or special occasions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nine18 at The Villas of Grand Cypress reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (11)scenic view (9)notable wine list (9)romantic (8)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- A successful business dinnerGeoffVIPDined on 8/22/2014Took a group of clients for a business event. Great food and service. There was a storm that afternoon and the AC was out for part of the meal which made the room a bit stuffy, but the staff's attentiveness made up for itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnerstevek653Dined on 8/16/2014I took my wife to nine18 for our 17th anniversary. What a wonderful experience. The food was fantastic (she had duck, I had the tenderloin). The service was friendly and attentive without being overbearing, not to mention knowledgeable with a great recommendation for a wine paring for dinner. The timing between meals provided time for conversation without us wondering when the food would arrive. The champagne was perfect for the celebration. We ended the night with dessert and a peak at the Epcot fireworks show. Could not have asked for more.Special Features:
- Hesitate to say "Special Occassion"MyGoToDined on 8/16/2014Because frankly... local Orlando'ans should be frequenting this gem. The views are fantastic. The food is remarkable. The wine list is impressive. The service is OUTSTANDING (ask for Rafael). Compared to the loud, over-crowded, and chain-experience options that dominate the local landscape, I can't imagine why more people aren't taking advantage of Nine18.Special Features:
- An Orlando Standout!RickVIPDined on 7/24/2014Forget everything you knew about Orlando restaurants. This has got to be one of the best restaurants in the area. I know that isn't saying much, but this place is head and shoulders above any of the other places, especially in the tourist area. It's a bit pricey, but not for the quality you get. This is a true fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Loved it!RodriquaVIPDined on 7/5/2014The food was excellent, the service was above and beyond what we expected. This restaurant not for those that are expecting large portions. It is for those looking for experience in taste and flavors. We will definitely being coming back again and looking forward to trying new dishes.Special Features:
- The Perfect EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014Our dinner at Nine18 was absolutely splendid. The dining room was almost empty when we arrived giving us some concern but we absolutely enjoyed the evening and the incredible tandem service from the wait staff. They provided us with excellent recommendations from wine to appetizers, main course alternatives. Even when we decided not to order dessert, the staff made sure we had a taste of chocolate along with an after dinner drink to finish off the night. Kudo's to the chef for the outstanding meals he prepared. perfectly sized and with all the right compliments to savor the specialties.Special Features:
- Just Plain WonderfulLocalResidentVIPDined on 6/14/2014Restaurant that are truly a fine dining experience are hard to come by these days. Nine-18 is just that. Superb service, excellent well prepared food in a comfortable setting. We come here every time we are in Orlando...it is not to be missed.Special Features:
- Sustained ExcellenceWGreviewerDined on 5/25/2014Superb food, great wine list - friendly service - overlooking a beautiful golf landscape, perfect for viewing the sunset! Nine18 is consistently good, and we come back time and again when we want a romantic night out...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Night at Nine18ChuckwagonDined on 5/12/2014We went to Nine18 for a Special Night, hoping it would be as I remembered it. It far exceeded our expectations, the food was fabulous and the service superb. We both enjoyed the rack of lamb, the only thing better than the taste was the presentation. I can't wait to bring my daughter, who is a chef in Washington, DC and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone for any occasion.Special Features:
- The following 147 reviews are from the Nine18 at The Villas of Grand Cypress reviews archive.
- disappointingEasterDined on 4/20/2014We were there for Easter brunch with my Mother. Some of the food was good, but overall I thought the presentation was sloppy. I didn't think it was worth $50 per person. The service was just ok. Several times we had to look around our waiter but he looked like he preparing to close. Anyway needless to say we will not be back.
- Fantastic Easter BrunchMikeGDined on 4/20/2014Excellent Food, great service, and a lovely view. Could not have asked for a better time!!!Special Features:
- Easter BrunchUnimpressedDined on 4/20/2014I was very unimpressed with the variety of food for the Easter Sunday Brunch. I did not realize there was an omlet station as there was no one there. "The desserts were not good. The peanut butter pie is supposed to be served chilled, and because it was room temperature it was nothing but mush. The same with the cheesecake. The desserts should have been plated and brought out a few at a time. Very minimal offerings. Our waiter never checked on us, I finally had to go get him to get the check. He did not even know where we were sitting or how many were in our party! I could have just walked out and no one would have known. The food was good, just not a great selection or presentation.
- Time to Go Back!CatAVIPDined on 3/21/2014They have hit their stride! The wine list is very well chosen with something for every taste. All ingredients were incredibly fresh and artfully presented. The service is top notch but not at all stuffy. Dress code is California casual. The room itself is beautiful with sweeping vistas of the the surrounding golf course. Tourists - if you are staying in the Lake Buena Vista area this is an easy drive / cab ride and well worth the effort. The ambiance is as far away form the theme park environment as you can get. :-) It truly is an oasis. Locals - if you are in Windermere, Bay Hill, or Keene's Point you absolutely should give it another shot! This is a "hidden gem"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get ready to be pamperedshgerdocDined on 3/15/2014We felt like the only diners there, that's how special the Staff made us feel, and how pampered we were all night.... simply amazing. The Chilean Sea Bass was the best I've ever had in my life... What an amazing experience. We could not decide which was better, the food or the service... Nine/18 was simply amazing in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant at a golf getawayJanaDined on 3/13/2014The food was great. Quality food. A little pricey. Excellent service and wine list. Good ambiance overlooking the golf course. Restaurant appears to cater to golf groups but also does a good job with couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice break from Orlando crowdsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/20/2014Very good food in a nice quiet setting looking out to the golf course. Located only minutes from Disney parks, but an entirely different peaceful setting. The staff & kitchen were quite helpful with special diets, in our case gluten free, being very careful to substitute for each dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningLuvFineWineDined on 2/20/2014Ate there twice. Great service, excellent wait staff, and food cooked exactly as ordered. The Strip, Filet, Shrimp, and the duck entrees were perfect, and came to the table hot and in a timely manner - on plates that were warm. Recommend this for fine dining anytime, Might suggest you bring your own wine and pay the corkage fee, as the wine list was the only thing that was lacking in variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A break from trafficOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Great place off the beaten path (I-Drive) tremendous food, knowledgable staff and up beat valet (what more can you ask for)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free ValantineGaryButlerDined on 2/13/2014Everything was perfect for my Valentine, even the Gluten free Food served by excellent knowledgeable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014Staff was wonderful and attentive to every detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stay in your villafundinerDined on 1/7/2014Stayed in the Grand Cypress villas with family and enjoyed an amazing 5 days with incredible service and accommodations. Visited Nine18 the last night and would describe as a service training opportunity for any consulting firm. There was an attempt to rush, and we had to push back hard to avoid having the dessert served with our cocktails. Even so, the experience with cocktails, wine and dinner was less than an hour and a half. When the wine margins are over 300%, you shouldn't have to guzzle. Food for the most part was very good; however, the veal had that discernible "burned' flavor from searing. With one exception, service staff was unremarkable, robotic and void of any conversation ability. I suggest room service....Special Features:
- We were treated like royaltyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/14/2013My wife and I enjoyed the soft warm ambience of the room ~ we both chose the filet ~ the chef prepared an elegant dinner plate and was perfected to our liking. The staff was knowledgable, attentive, courteous, friendly ..everything you would expect and more. The grounds were decorated festively for the holiday season and I would also like to mention the fact that the valet staff was trustworthy, efficient and very friendly as well. This is our second dining experience at Nine 18 and we were made to feel just as special as the first visit ~ we look forward to returning again. We highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for a spectacular night out and would like to be treated like royalty at its finest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuietOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2013Quiet atmosphere. Limited patrons were present but the food was quite good. Gluten free needs were easily accommodated. It was quite a treat to be able to enjoy sweet potato bisque with shrimp topped with a roasted marshmallow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/28/2013We dined here on Thanksgiving day and the service was terrific. Now, if the food would have been as good, it wasn't. For that kind of money we could of had a filet from the best restaurant in Orlando. Even with the 4 course meal the price should have been half of what it was. We expected quite a lot more from this upscale eatery.Special Features:
- ExpensiveTWarrenDined on 11/28/2013Food was just average .... nothing special. Service ExcellentSpecial Features:
- Excellent food for a resortdcclarke1Dined on 10/27/2013Outstanding quality and selection. The veal chop and the rack of lamb were standouts. Beautiful lump crab (and lots of it) in the crab appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must when you're in OrlandoDennisRVIPDined on 10/27/2013This was such a surprise and definitely will go back. It's so close to Downtown Disney and ten times better food, service and even price. The sea bass was the best I've ever had and was a huge portion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service but ....ErnestVIPDined on 10/22/2013This restaurant was not what we expected based on the reviews. The food was ok but WAY overpriced. My husband got the mixed grill and the lobster tail was rubbery and overdone. He didn't like the lamb but thought the filet was good. I got the rack of lamb which was ok but not what I would expect for an entree priced over $40. We had two servers who were attentive which was nice but at times they were pushy and bordering on intrusive. This restaurant overlooks a golf course and the view was lovely and quite romantic but the decor of the restaurant needs some updating and the fact that there was only one other party that evening was a little creepy.Special Features:
- Excellent food... on par withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2013Excellent food... on par with Emeril's at Universal. The extra special touches took it from a really nice dinner to an excellent dinner. The service was beyond amazing. Attentive... never needed to ask for anything... yet not too overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was incredible andYummDined on 10/8/2013Service was incredible and an already wonderful meal that much better!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!!BonniDined on 8/22/2013My husband and I had such a lovely time at "Nine18". The food was terrific and the service was probably the best we have ever had. We definitely will return. We also will recommend this restaurant, with a beautiful view, to everyone we know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2013Never disappoints and highly recommend. Be sure to save room for the Grand Marnier soufflé...it's killer!Special Features:
- Fabulous Anniversary DinnerluxorDined on 7/4/2013Nine18 is part of the Grand Cypress resort, located at the golf course. We were seated at a beautiful table with a golf course view. French champagne was available by the glass reasonably priced. Servers, one a sommelier, were excellent. Split a salad to start as all the entrees came with a starch and a vegetable. I had the filet with Bernaise sauce and my husband had a NY steak with a red wine mushroom sauce. Both excellent and cooked correctly. Side dishes were a mashed and a baked potato puff and mixed vegetables. They surprised us with a platter artfully decorated with chocolate and raspberry sauce hearts and a "Happy Anniversary" greeting. It included lava cake, 4 kinds of fresh berries and ice cream Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Hidden GemElaineDined on 6/10/2013Wonderful resturant with fabulous and friendly staff from Sweeney to Said, Chris and Georgi. Also the concierge (sorry I can't recall his name at present).Food is fantastic, great presentation and not overly expensive. View is stunning over North and South golf courses with lake in between with all the wildlife it attracts. We had a great meal on 3 occasions we stayed at Villas of Grand Cypress and would thoughroughly recommend this hidden gem to anyone. Would love to go back. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The waiters were outstanding,GourmetettesVIPDined on 6/9/2013The waiters were outstanding, but the food did not taste as fresh as we are used to. The tuna appetizer tasted old, the scallops were not melt in your mouth. My husband enjoyed his duck entrée. We enjoyed the view of the golf course and pond and talking with our waiter.Special Features:
- Excellent food in an unlikely placefishslayerDined on 5/25/2013As I am sure many other visitors to Disney world have found, the local food is not quite the most exciting. This gem is situated within minutes of almost any Disney resort, and though we arrived after epcot's fireworks, it looks as though they would be visible over the lake outside the restaurant to add to their excellent ambience. The menus all have great selections, particularly their wine menu, but don't worry if wine is not your style, a full bar is also available. The menu, service, and ambience are 5 star quality, yet the pricing is much more moderate than most higher end restaurants. Overall, this is the most exceptional dining I have experienced near Disney, and the staff, location, and cuisine are all superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive, but worth it. ThisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2013Expensive, but worth it. This is a great place to take a date or your spouse out for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service were fantastic.ConstyDined on 4/30/2013Food and Service were fantastic. It was a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, nice country clubStellaDined on 4/12/2013Great food, nice country club golf setting, Not for kidsSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed the Easter brunch.gramDined on 3/31/2013Enjoyed the Easter brunch. The only disappointment was the waiter not telling us the mimosa's were not included in the price. Most restaurants include the champagne or whatever.Special Features: