Nine One Five
915 Duval Street
Key West, FL 33040Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Nine One Five
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.915duval.com/
- Phone: 3052960669
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 6:00pm - 11:00pm POINT5 Lounge: 6.00pm - 2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Keith Rowe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: None
- Private Party Facilities: If you want true Key West flavor for your wedding/event then ‘nine one five’ is the perfect spot. Formerly a private house this beautifully restored Victorian has Key West charm in abundance with wrap around balconies upstairs & down overlooking Duval St. Be it large or small we will work with you to make your evening a night to remember. The downstairs area has a small inside dining-room seating 22 and a large outdoor garden area capable of accommodating parties of up to 70. The beautiful POINT5 lounge upstairs with a balcony over-looking Duval Street & rear porch under the stars is suitable for groups of up to 80 for a more casual evening with passed hors-d’oeuvres. The whole restaurant including POINT5 can also be booked exclusively, the price depending upon the time of year.
- Private Party Contact: Stuart Kemp 3053046988
- Entertainment: POINT5 Lounge upstairs has DJ George on Saturday nights at 10pm. Spinning the best vinyl south of Miami
A word from Nine One Five
nine one five bistro and wine bar is located in a magnificent Victorian house: circa 1850. Since opening in 2002 we have received national & international acclaim with 2 James Beard Foundation invitations. The food is simple fare prepared properly - no fuss just great food with an international wine list to back it up. We look forward to seeing you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Nine One Five - Best Restaurants in Key West ›
Nine One Five reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (55)fit for foodies (48)romantic (36)neighborhood gem (30)special occasion (29)notable wine list (23)hot spot (19)good for groups (14)scenic view (13)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)Show More
- We had an excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/21/2014Our waiter was Peter, who excellent. Gave us great advice on menu selections, very polite, very attentive. The food he recommended my wife had the Snapper, I had the momor soup (not sure if that's the right name) and we both thought they were some of the best food we've ever had. We would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurent in Key Westbgw1Dined on 10/17/2014My wife and I, along with our son, who lives in Key West, dined three times at Nine One Five. Excellent food, friendly, attentive service. Of the many great restaurants in Key West, this is our favorite. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Nice outdoor dining experienceConchflyerDined on 10/16/2014Nice first visit to 915. Made reservation via open table a couple of hours before dinner. Seated quickly and was accomodated outside as per request. Was welcomed by very positive and attentive server (Ellinie) who provided outstanding service. Great selection of cocktails wines with a fair price (bottle of Chardonnay was $33). Thought food menu could have been more expansive. I had the Seared Scallops that, although were tasty, were slightly undercooked. Wife had the only vegan selection on menu (some sort of potatoe pasta dish) which she thought was "good" but certainly not "yummy". For dessert, had the All Grown Up Root Beer float that was outstanding! Will definitely return but will forgoe dinner at 915 for drinks and dessert only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner on DuvallLorraineVIPDined on 10/3/2014We had a wonderful dinner here after the sunset celebration in Key West. Loved the corner table on the porch where you can watch the goings on. The service was lovely and the food was outstanding. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Excellent food, very good serviceButterbeetDined on 9/27/2014We ate inside because we are not tolerant of the heat/humidity in Key West. The food was excellent (we had the crispy yellowtail snapper and the scallops). Our server was very personable & efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/25/2014We visit every time in town and are never disappointed. The grouper and tuna were cooked to perfection! Peter did his usual great service. We didn't come to have more than one glass of wine but the inexpensive bottle specials won over.Special Features:
- A must in Key WestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014Don't miss 9-1-5 in Key West. Looked over the list of best places in Key West, and reviews on various sites, decided to try 915, this needs to be added to one of the Key West best of lists, food was fantastic, and the service (Bill) was an absolute pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food & Great ServiceLouiseDined on 9/13/2014The staff at 915 were great - so helpful, obliging and festive. Food was fantastic. Would like to have sat outside but there was a large group of us. Fun was had by all.Special Features:
- Outstanding on all pointsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The outside dining is wonderful because you can people watch on Duval Street. The chef is spot-on, service impeccable. Jenny was our server & was attentive without being obtrusive. She's top notch! I am a local & will definitely dine here more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mick was terrificgolferdude1Dined on 9/7/2014First night in Key West and right across the street from the Inn. Ate outside. Food,drinks and device from kick was impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and DelightfullyzabilityVIPDined on 9/3/2014We three women love to dine but don't always have the appetite for huge plates, so we create our own "tapas" events. Nine One Five was a surprise and a delight - every dish was amazing. The Tuna Dome, the Duck Confit and the Seared Scallop dish were beyond reproach... throw in a huge cone of perfectly prepared fries and some delicious veggies... we were in heaven. And spectacular cocktails featuring house-made Tonic Water -- what a bright note! Stewart, the owner, is clearly in the right line of work. His staff is warm, competent and just the right amount of engaged. They even brought out three exquisite home-made Chocolate Truffles with a candle in honor of my mom's birthday. I'll definitely be back any time I'm in Key West.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening of charm and grace.FreddyVIPDined on 8/27/2014915 is a family standby where we know we will find a peaceful spot to enjoy a notable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but SpendyDiningNotCookingDined on 8/23/2014Outstanding food, small portions...wait staff was great until the restaurant got busy. Dirty martini wasn't the best I've had, scallops were delicious, all three of them. Small portions, big bucks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,but where is our waiter?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014My wife and I loved the food and even had fun discussing the menu. The down side was the waiter who was absent, and if this place did not employ excellent servers we would not have received our food. We would have liked to have a glass of wine before we were most of the through our meal. To sum it up, rotate the servers to wait staff and we would have nothing but praises, since the food and menu were terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best I have had In KWOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014Ate at Louie's Twice, Blue heaven once but the best was 915. Foie Gras was perfect! Duck Confit correct ( who doesnt love crispy Duck Skin). Scallops buttery, not raw, with a perfect sear. Star was probably Tomato Duet with fried Green tomato/shrimp remoulade and tomato over mozzerala. Great Job Chef and Service.Special Features:
- Best dinner we had in Key WestFoodieChefsDined on 8/11/2014My husband and I are both foodies and have both worked as Chefs for over twenty years. Nine One Five was almost perfect. The food was world class and we would want to eat there every night if we went back to the Island. We were there with another couple and we all had fantastic dinners. The only ( minor) off note was our less than friendly waiter, although he was efficient . If you go don't miss the desserts either. This place knows food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceJeffDined on 8/6/2014Consistent quality of food and service. Sword fish entree a real treat. Duck confit and/or whole fish always a great meal choice. Service very attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GogpoundDined on 8/2/2014Peter is the best!!! Super friendly, and hustles!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- coming back 4 sureMoonsOverMiamiDined on 8/1/2014Great food. 2nd floor table with ventilation. Great people watching on Duval. Lovely time. Give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soul Mama Soup! WowKeyWestLocalDined on 7/29/2014We celebrated our anniversary by having dinner at Nine One Five. Our waiter, Paul, was fantastic, very attentive and allowed us to ask a few questions about the menu. The Soul Mama Soup was simply divine. We will be back, before long!Special Features:
- Awesome food, cocktails, ambienceluvthekeysDined on 7/28/2014Nine One Five was recommended to us by The Chelsea House front desk. And omg, it did not disappoint. The food was delicious, we had a hard time deciding what to order. The sides are large portions for sides, and we would've been better off sharing them rather than ordering multiples, as we ended up with too much food. Overall great menu, awesome cocktails and great service. Will definitely go back next time we're in Key West.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't missFoodblokeVIPDined on 7/23/2014the whole fried yellowtail snapper. Asian style, served over Savoy cabbage with spicy, piquant dipping sauce, you will dream about the big, flaky pieces of snowy white fish and. charred, crispy skin. Super fresh, light yet hearty.Special Features:
- Great as always, but...MatildaVIPDined on 7/21/2014I love the food here, but the service is always so & so... Last year it was much better! And I am sorry, I have been here 5 times the last four months and I cant imagine why you keep that blonde hostess. She is terrible. She doesn't even acknowledge people arriving to the restaurant. She adds no value what so ever to your establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice ex[perienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014Helpful staff-moved us to an inside table upon request Excellent food-Filet was superb Nice quiet atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Our engagement Night!FirstTimerVIPDined on 7/18/2014The food was delicious.... The champagne was perfect (Laurent Perier Rose),....we ended up sitting at the bar for dinner! an awesome and charming server/bartender from London really made the evening special! We have been to Key West every year for last 14 years, this is a keeper! Bacon wrapped dates for appy was perfect!Special Features:
- Over priced, and small potionsShelleybeanDined on 7/18/2014The atmosphere was very charming, which is why we choose to eat here, but the selection on the menu wasn't extensive. The burger is the best thing for your buck on the menu, so good. However, everything else is small portions for high cost. It was our most expensive meal while in Key West and we were still hungry when we left unfortunately.Special Features:
- Best meal of the week!SunNfunDined on 7/5/2014A friend and I went on a Saturday evening with her 13 year old daughter and one of her friends. They were accommodating to her daughter's picky eating by making her a plain chicken breast (which she loved!). I had the swordfish and it was out if this world. Our waiter was great, the wine was awesome and the dessert was to die for! We definitely put this on our 'must do' list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!JeredDined on 7/3/2014This was my first time staying a few nights in Key West, and I came across this restaurant while looking for places to have dinner online. It is top notch and will not let you down! A little pricey, but you get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TimbDined on 6/27/2014Dinner was excellent! Highly recommend when visiting key west especially for foodies. Worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dining Outdoors!TinaB123Dined on 6/24/2014I highly recommend Nine One Five to anyone who enjoys a premium dining experience complete with a nice wine list. All 4 our us tried different dishes and they were all uniquely sublime!!! Can't wait to return!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 602 reviews are from the Nine One Five reviews archive.
- Fabulous Neighborhood FindOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014Excellent food...what a great find on Duval Street. The grouper was amazing!!!! Ate here twice for dinner on our mini vacation away to Key West!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodPaleoFoodieFedWellDined on 6/20/2014The atmosphere was wonderful, and the food fantastic! There were several items on the menu that accommodated a "modified paleo" diet and several options for lovers of all foods!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Please eveningseanDined on 6/16/2014We enjoyed a pleasent dinner made so by the staff's ability to accommodate a last minute change to our reservation. A special Thank you to "Kevin" for his understanding and assistance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Restaurant in Key WestAmazingDined on 6/15/2014915 is by far my favorite restaurant on the island. The food is excellent and the service is out of this world. I recommend this to anyone who comes to key west. I am a local and there are numerous good restaurants in town but this one is where we go for random dinners and important celebrations. I would also like to mention their upstairs which I will go to with girlfriends to grab a drink and more casual dining. Amazing amazing amazing!Special Features:
- One of my all time local favorite'sIntheMixDined on 6/15/2014All I am going to say is this: If you find this special spot, it means that it is more difficult for me to get a table, and I live in Key West. I love 915's food, staff and location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Engaging if easyFreddyVIPDined on 6/7/2014Nine One Five has a reputation as the place in Key West to go to find French fries. In a way that is unfortunate as it suggests a sort of meat and potatoes joint. Nine One Five has the most interesting menu on the island literally from soup to nuts. In my experience it is always very well executed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/2/2014Ordered a bunch of appetizers. Devils on a horseback were outstanding but the pork tacos, tuna dome, lamb, and crab cake were all bland and meh.Special Features:
- not to be missedliz33VIPDined on 5/31/2014I dine at 915 every chance I get, it never disappoints. Fresh ingredients, consistent (one of the hardest things to do in the business) Friendly, professional service. Great place to share plates. Flavors are amazing. Creative cocktails featuring craft spirits. Good selection of .375 ml bottles on the wine list. One of the busiest and best restaurants in Key West.Special Features:
- overratedGlinda1Dined on 5/29/2014Not much in the way of food choices, overpriced, not great service, and the cut of meat used in the filet was not great quality- then they drenched the filet mignon in a mediocre peppercorn sauce almost as if to cover up the subpar quality of the meat. There are much better restaurant choices in key west.Special Features:
- Expensive taste Little foodWastamoneeDined on 5/29/2014We had heard of this place from a friend so we tried it out. Upon arriving the host was not very welcoming-quiet and blah. Our waiter was no better. He said it was very laid back and didn't recommend anything or go through the menu. We ordered the crab cake and ceviche a Stella and a Riesling. The apps came and the presentation was nice but the crab cake was the size of a half dollar...the ceviche was 8 chips and a 3oz cup. We were done and ready to move on. After paying the $50 check we went out for pizza-Only Wood was AMAZING. FAR BETTER RESTAURANTS THAN THIS ONE. I'm all about an expensive meal but dont expect to walk away HUNGRY and DISAPPOINTED.