Nimbus American Bistro & Brewery
6464 E. Tanque Verde Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85715Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
Nimbus American Bistro & Brewery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://nimbusamericanbistro.com/tucson/
- Phone: 5202696309
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday: 4:00pm -11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Joshua Tomcyzk
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are able to cater your event for parties of any size, both inside our dining facility and off site. Our catering menus can include anything from our custom entrees to our signature party platters.
- Private Party Facilities: Nimbus offers three private dining rooms for your special event. Our poker room can seat up to 12, and is perfect for a more intimate gathering or business meeting. Our tasting room can seat up to 30 and has a television. Our brew room can seat up to 25 and has some unique brew kettles on display.
- Private Party Contact: Sami Berkson/Sharon Liebeskind 5202696309
- Entertainment: LIVE MUSIC WEEKLY DAILY SPECIALS SPECIAL EVENTS
A word from Nimbus American Bistro & Brewery
Excellent, locally brewed Nimbus beer paired with our hand crafted bistro style menu makes us a must have for local Tucsonans and travelers alike. We run weekly specials, along with themed specials for all Holidays. Stop in and see us soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nimbus American Bistro & Brewery reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great Restaurant & MicrobreweryDaveHVIPDined on 12/28/2013Went for lunch. Great beer especially the monkeyshine ale. We had the Monkey Nugs as the appetizer which are tater tots loaded with cheese, pulled pork, jalapenos, etc (like nachos except with tater tots). I had the pulled pork sandwich. My daughter had the Cubano which was a Cuban sandwich on a hoagie roll. They have a monkey theme all around. Lots of TV's and great place to watch sports.Special Features:
- Service and AtmosphereBestBuyDined on 12/21/2013This restaurant has always have good service and delicious food. The only thing I was uncomfortable with was the "space" between other big group tables. We had this room separator right against our table; no room space for other guest to even move their chair and get up. Server was friendly, however he seemed unprepared for the reservation. All in all, we had fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty loud and service wasrharDined on 12/6/2013Pretty loud and service was very slow. There was a company party happening when we were there though.Special Features:
- Good food. Big portions!KathysVIPDined on 11/15/2013Nice place for some locally brewed beer and pub food. Friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Revel end by a friend, foodCMGgDined on 10/12/2013Revel end by a friend, food was as promised. Waiter was happy. Smiling, and nice, but extremely forgetful. We felt like he did not know we were there, even though he had other tables in right near us.Special Features:
- Good sports bar; above-average foodVandraVIPDined on 10/12/2013Nimbus isn't going to win any awards in the food department, but the burgers are decent. There's a great selection of beers on tap, and the TVs get most of the specialty sports channels. Be careful where you watch at the bar, however: The TV at the end has to be switched every time someone else wants to watch another station on any other TV in the entire restaurant. It gets very annoying, and they don't even check to see if something important is happening with the game you're watching. They just change it, and then they take their time when it comes to changing it back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Able to stay on my dietMaggieDined on 7/31/2013I had the chicken chop salad - very good and enough to take home for another meal. Husband had the hamburget without the bun - so you can diet at a brewery - with a light beerSpecial Features:
- needs a new menuMaggieDined on 5/23/2013They were out of the beer I ordered, didn't even have the craft beers listed, 2 or 3 times our waitress said she didn't know why something was even on the menu.Special Features:
- Good sports bar foodVandraVIPDined on 5/16/2013Nimbus is above average in food quality, especially for a sports bar. The bartenders are great and knowledgeable, and the service has improved dramatically over the past few months. This is a great place for quality beer and sports.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2013Good food and service was great. Had the fried cookie dough desert which was a little disappointing but all the other food was delicous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atrocious lack of follow-upVandraVIPDined on 4/17/2013Overall, I had above-average food and was able to choose from a great selection of beers. The problem took place the next day when I called to speak to a manger (Samantha). Well, it's been four days, and I have yet to receive a call back. I had left a message asking her to call me so I could get my Tucson Originals' Powercard points, because I had forgotten to do it the night before. Customer service is obviously not their priority, so my aggressive word-of-mouth campaign against Nimbus already has begun. There are too many quality eateries and microbreweries here that actually care about their customers, which is why I will frequent those from now on. Nimbus historically doesn't have a good reputation, but I wanted to give it a chance.
- Service was much too slow.hastingsrmVIPDined on 3/20/2013Service was much too slow. Food was not terrible but over priced. Pizza and salad buffet was a joke. Mediocre at best.
- Very kid friendly for a brewery!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/13/2013Very kid friendly for a brewery! Fish and chips are outstanding as are the pizzas!Special Features:
- Met out of town relativesMaggieDined on 9/28/2012Met out of town relatives there - was able to visit while my husband watched one of the many TVs.Special Features:
- Thank you for making my firstOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012Thank you for making my first time at Nimbus wonderful!Special Features:
- Good for a quick dinnermaderapamDined on 9/11/2012Nimbus is a good place for a quick meal, no frills, good beers. It's a peppy place with a wide ranging beer menu. The burgers, fries, onion rings, calamari were all good. Not spectacular, but quite acceptable. We noticed later on that beer flights are possible, which would have added more interest to the experience. Too bad our waiter didn't say anything about this.Special Features:
- Busy night, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/13/2012We made our reservation about 45 minutes prior to arrival and when we got there, were told that they just received it and it would be another 10- 15 minutes. About 2 minutes later we were seated. Our waiter stopped by within a couple minutes and took our drink orders. Then the manager stopped by and asked how we were and if everything was alright. He apologized and let us know that over 100 folks had shown up for a high school reunion without making reservations and that our food might take a little longer due to this fact. I didn't find the wait to be unacceptable and really appreciated the manager taking the time to let us know. The waiter was absolutely attentive and it was a great experience. Food was quite good too.Special Features:
- Try someplace else1starVIPDined on 7/5/2012the location and service are good, but the food was not, nachos where cold with a wierd cheese sauce that looked like foam, the pizza was hardly cook, full of oil and bland, the pasta sauce tasted as if beer was used in it. I was told a manager would call me and I've never heard back. All and all try someplace else.
- Always enjoy the pizzas -MaggieDined on 6/27/2012Always enjoy the pizzas - and this salad was large and good.Special Features: