Nimbus American Bistro & Brewery - Scottsdale
7001 N. Scottsdale Rd Ste 147
Scottsdale, AZ 85253Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Nimbus American Bistro & Brewery - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://nimbusscottsdale.com/
- Phone: 4802489212
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Josh Tomczyk
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: ONE ROOM Seating for 16 at one long table or can seat 25 at multiple tables in our VIP (Very Important Primates) Room Room has two 46" Flat Screens
- Private Party Contact: Host Stand 4802489212
- Entertainment: Live Band every Saturday at 8:00PM.
A word from Nimbus American Bistro & Brewery - Scottsdale
NIMBUS AMERICAN BISTRO & BREWERY invites the entire family to enjoy the atmosphere of our nationally acclaimed brew pub, right here in your back yard. NIMBUS Beer, brewed here in Arizona & nationally ranked as one of the best craft brewed beers, is only the beginning of your experience at "the Bistro." Mouth watering Pub Favorites such as the "fish & chips", Build your own "Pizza" and "BBQ pulled pork sandwich" are just a few of the delicious eats you will enjoy at the Bistro. We welcome you to try and find a better atmosphere for you and your family! And feel free to bring "Fido" along…we have dog-friendly patios. Open Daily, Sunday-Wednesday 11a.m.-11pm, Thursday 11a.m.-12am, Friday-Saturday 11a.m.-1am. Happy Hour Daily 3PM-7PM and Reverse Happy Hour Friday & Saturday 10PM – Close.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nimbus American Bistro & Brewery - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
- great neighborhood dining!nikrayDined on 10/6/2012great neighborhood dining! love this place and keep the groupons and local dines comming!Special Features:
- Average all way around. LotsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/22/2012Average all way around. Lots of fried food and loud live music.
- Not Impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2012bartender VERY friendly & informative. He got my drink order and brought it to me as I waited for my colleagues to show. he then switched out with a server. the server was not very good. i had to be getting up and getting drinks at the bar because he was more busy doing other things, like chatting. he dictated where we sat and asked us to keep that order to make sure he knew who was ordering what. he wasn't very friendly and dropped our fried zucchini and had to place an additional order. i know people make mistakes but telling patrons what to do and where to sit is unacceptable. i won't say i'll never go there again...but I certainly would not recommend Nimbus to othdkSpecial Features:
- Waiter was Extremely Nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012Our waiter Luke - was extremely nice and helpfull and a good sport all in all. The Fried Jalapenos and cream cheese dip were the best - Pretzel was great also. They do Pork items really well. Happy hour prices are what will keep me coming back.Special Features:
- Decent beer selection, especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2012Decent beer selection, especially the micros. Menu is classic stuff - hamburgers, fish 'n' chips, etc. but it was all very good. Our server was very good and it was quiet enough so we could talk in a normal volume. We had a great time.
- The onion rings were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012The onion rings were very good. The beers were ok not really unique. The chocolate lava wasnt cooked all the way and they really need to put some ice cream with it. French fries were school cafeteria good.
- Really enjoyed our first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2012Really enjoyed our first time dining here. Pork chop was phenomenal, great atmosphere, will return!Special Features:
- Lots of Fun at NimbusOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012This place was hopping for happy hour. I really like that happy hour lasts until 7pm, a lot of people that work can't get out until 6pm when other are shutting down their happy hour menu. Making a reservation was a good idea if ou arrive at 6pm on Friday night.Special Features:
- The layout was not at allCuteDined on 8/2/2012The layout was not at all what we expected to find for a brewery. Very unique layout. The floor was pretty messy as if no one had time to sweep it up. But we weren't expecting anything too fancy.Service was fine. We will certainly come back to grab a drink. Really enjoyed the food and the portion size.Special Features:
- Too Loud!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2012Very loud, the entertainment was in the dining area, made it hard to visit with my friends...often found myself shouting to be heard. Server seemed to loose focus, often had to re-order coctails before actually receiving order.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012We really liked the veggie pizza! Crust is great! The drink menu was good too! My wife drinks wine & I had two beers, both we're good. Service was really good too! The door was even opened for us! Will go again!Special Features:
- Great area and setting inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2012Great area and setting in the shopping area. Nice staff and very friendly. A quality bar/brewery.Special Features:
- This was 2nd visit to Nimbus.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2012This was 2nd visit to Nimbus. Both time service was very slow but food is good. Improver werver efficiency. I think you need more servers. When the server was present, she did a good job.
- Salt!!!!HeatherDined on 6/30/2012Heavy with the salt! Hubby and I decided to try this restaurant as we're always looking for new lunch spots. Our first impression should have told us to walk out as hard rock music was blaring and we tend to prefer places where we can have conversations while dining. Hubby had the B.W. Horseshoe (supposedly a house favorite) and I had the South West Chicken Salad. His entire meal was very heavily salted to the point where he could not eat his meal. The server graciously offered an exchange but Hubby was already beginning to feel the effects of the sodium so he turned it down. Also, the bread in the open faced sandwich was supposed to be toasted and the bread had not been toasted at all. My salad was just borderline okay. The chicken was verSpecial Features:
- The food was great and everybodyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2012The food was great and everybody was nice. The waiter just didn't take care of us and I had to ask for more water when he came back to see if my wife wanted another beer. Didn't even offer us dessert and check on our food after we were done eating.Special Features:
- long wait for drinks & longershoplifterVIPDined on 6/27/2012long wait for drinks & longer wait for food service!Special Features:
- great pizza! had a terifficOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/23/2012great pizza! had a teriffic waiter...think his name was Justin.loved eating outdoors on a balmy night. will definitely be back to try some of the other entrees..Special Features:
- The food and atmosphere wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2012The food and atmosphere was great, we highly recommend Nimbus to anyone that is looking for a great "neighborhood" type restaurant/bar to hang out at.Special Features:
- Less than stellar first visitJKAYTDined on 6/15/2012I made reservations for our group of 11 for a Friday evening. Our table was ready, however the hostess just pointed to it and didn't walk us over. Our waitress took drink orders pretty quickly, but after that we didn't see her much and usually had to flag her down for things. A couple orders were wrong, but everyone seemed to like the food. My cousin and I shared a pizza and salad. The salad did not make it out until 20 mins after everyone else's food arrived. We ate most of the bland Chicken & Avocado pizza before the salad came. I will give it another shot, but there is definite room for improvement considering the Tucson locations are great.
- I have liked Nimbus sinceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2012I have liked Nimbus since visiting their Tucson warehouse/brewery off I-10 many years ago, and I was pleased to see them in Scottsdale. Great beer, enjoyed the food, had excellent service, but I'm not a fan of all the sports TVs. They were visible from pretty much everywhere, and I don't like TV while enjoying a date with my wife. However, I realize that could be a selling point for some, so just be advised. Good experience overall, and definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Very professional and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Very professional and service oreinted. Food was excellent and alot of it!Special Features:
- Good Food, Beer, Service & PricesDogulaVIPDined on 5/12/2012First time here and it was pretty good. Read about the poor service from others, but we did not experience this. If there was any slowness, it came from the kitchen. Our server was always in view waiting for our food. Ambiance was not that great, but this was mainly due to the lighting. Way too bright. Beer is excellent and the food was very good. The only complaint with the food was that the Monkey Burn (Fried Jalapeno slices) had way too much batter on them. They need to come up with a lighter batter. We will come back.
- Despite somewhat negativeJoanVIPDined on 5/5/2012Despite somewhat negative reviews regarding the service, our party of 6 decided to give this new restaurant a try and were pleasantly surprised that the service was excellent and the food was pretty good. It was Saturday night and they also had an excellent jazz combo. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Dinner With the Deaf and DyingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/4/2012Too noisy inside; too smoky on the patio (we were seated on the outer rim and it was still intolerable). Their OT blurb asks you to invite "...the entire family to enjoy the atmosphere...". Well, maybe, if your toddlers are hearing-impaired chain smokers.
- Very nice place. First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2012Very nice place. First time there and will be coming back again!Special Features:
- We went for lunch and satVVWDAWVIPDined on 4/24/2012We went for lunch and sat on the patio which is very large and nice. Everyone enjoyed their beer made in the Nimbus brewery. The food was OK. One person said their Reuben was very good. One person said the fish (in the fish & chips) was too salty. And the pulled pork was just OK. I think the place has good potential but needs to step it up with the food a bit.
- VERY DISAPPOINTED...A SHAME!JanetVIPDined on 4/17/2012this was the 3rd time we have been there and were very dissappointed with the service. they seem very disorganized and seem to forget that there are customers to feed and cater to. First time was very good and we couldn't wait to go back. Took out of town guests and told them to expect a great evening. The waitress disappeared and we had to ask for the meals from someone else and the orders were not filled properly. So we thought we would give it one more chance to see if that was just an off night the second time. Well it was worse!! It seems that the kitchen doesn't read the orders and meals don't get prepared as ordered with some special needs. Probably won't go back and will stop bringing our friends after raving about the placeSpecial Features:
- The food was good. BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/8/2012The food was good. Better brewery food than most. The service was excellent. The portions were large and the presentations were outstanding.Special Features: