Niles New York City
371 7th Avenue
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Niles New York City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nilesnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 629-0210
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Everyday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Everyday: 3:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Niles New York City
Steps from Madison Square Garden, Niles New York City is the ideal venue before and after all concerts, shows and sporting events. Offering a sleek design with a contemporary American menu, Niles is the perfect place to start your day with breakfast in our restaurant or unwind after work at our lively bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Niles New York City reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (42)fit for foodies (32)vibrant bar scene (28)good for groups (26)great for lunch (25)special occasion (17)late-night find (17)great for brunch (14)hot spot (12)notable wine list (5)romantic (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/23/2014We received bread and water quickly. But despite the fact that there was only one other table of guests at the time it took 15 minutes for someone to take our drink order. The main course was over cooked. We both ordered the steak special cooked medium, and both received it well done. By that time there were four other tables of guests. If they can't get the food right with that few tables, I can only imagine them on a busy night.
- How do you ever pick in NYFoodieVIPDined on 11/22/2014With so many restaurants in New York its hard to pick. We happened to be staying in the Affinia so chose this restaurant somewhat for convenience. we were pleasantly surprised, the food was fantastic! I had the pretzel chicken which was cooked perfectly lightly fried but not greasy at all. My friends had the filet they said was fantastic and flavorful. They also finished with the creme brulee cheesecake which was great, perfect ending! One asked to change the sides around and they were very accommodating. I would recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Niles a favoriteAnonymousVIPDined on 11/19/2014Niles continues to be a favorite - good location, good food, good service, and the prickley pear margarita is a don't miss. They also have nice vegetarian options - I had the asparagus and mushroom risotto, the perfect hearty dish for an unseasonably cold day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/19/2014Very nice place across the street from Penn Station.Special Features:
- Penn Station PrizeCLGdinerVIPDined on 11/15/2014I have been trying to find a decent restaurant near Penn Station for ages. I finally tried Niles. It is a keeper! For an early dinner (5:30) it was fairly empty and so peacefully quiet. More folks came in while we dined but the noise level was never a problem. The service was extremely attentive but not overbearing. The food was very very good. I had lamb chops with delicious polenta and my friend enjoyed the duck with wild rice. This will now be our go to place for a meal after weekend matinees. My friend can make her LIRR train without a hassle and I can easily walk home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, convenient locationSmkcpaVIPDined on 11/15/2014This is our second visit to Niles. Their food is excellent, and the prices are reasonable. Because they are located directly across the street from Penn Station, it is very convenient for us to eat there after a day in the City, as we commute back to Long Island via the LIRR.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-MSG dinner spotDrobDined on 11/10/2014Easy access to The Garden; quality food, diverse menu.Special Features:
- Great for Garden EventsLoveLunchVIPDined on 11/7/2014When ever I am meeting someone near Penn Station, the Garden or Macy's, I know I can count on Niles to deliver a 'contemporary' meal with good food and service at a reasonable price. They don't rush you so it's a great place for a meeting or a relaxed meal. And if you are in a hurry for a concert or sporting event, they always get you out on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but basement feel.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/6/2014Delicious food but dining room felt claustrophobic; no windows, low ceilings. Perfect for catching a train at Penn. Hotel lobby is beautiful.
- Hot food needs a hot platevegetarianVIPDined on 11/4/2014Niles, a hotel restaurant, across from Penn Station, was fine for breakfast, but nothing outstanding. A warm plate might have moved the home fries up in temperature from tepid. Nice service.
- notafoodieDined on 11/3/2014I enjoyed eating at Niles, but found it very pricy. I could not afford to make it place where I can dine regularly.Special Features:
- Great foodMissingnewyorkalreadyDined on 11/3/2014Good food and service, in restaurant adjacent to lovely bar serving excellent cocktailsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MadoneVIPDined on 11/1/2014I had looked at the lunch menu on line, and did not realize that only brunch, with a limited menu, was served on Saturday. I ordered the Cobb salad without bacon and noticed halfway through my meal that the kitchen had also eliminated the egg. Management should have at least bought me coffee! The waiter just said sorry.
- Work BreakfastJG9999Dined on 10/29/2014Good service, very quick to bring us coffee and our food. Nice place to meet clients if you are near Penn Station.Special Features:
- Good for business lunch or breakfastMaryDined on 10/28/2014Good location, near Penn Station for business breakfast or lunch. Service is quick and they are unobtrusive when you have a business lunch or breakfast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!MommooDined on 10/26/2014We made reservations at Niles for a small (nine people) family brunch. We chose the restaurant because it has the same name as a most beloved cat we once had. It turned out to be a great choice. They put us in a room to ourselves, which was wonderful. The service was outstanding, and everyone enjoyed their meals. We were not rushed or made to feel that we had overstayed our welcome, even though we hung around for at least an hour after we had finished eating.Special Features:
- FantasticLukeVIPDined on 10/25/2014Our meal and entire experience was as good as it gets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find in MidtownSyddinerDined on 10/23/2014I had the pleasure of dining here recently and was pleasantly surprised! I specifically chose this restaurant because my dining partner had a craving for lamb. Her only complaint was its saltiness. I had the fish and chips; it was very tasty. The portion sizes were very filling. My only disappointment was my dessert portion size; I was hoping for a generous helping of key lime pie to end my meal. Instead it was a very small wedge that barely satisfied my palette. The ambience was good, the noise level was at a minimum especially for an early 5pm dinner. An overall great experience. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- MJGCMJGCDined on 10/23/2014Chose the restaurant for its convenience to folks traveling from NJ and NY. Service was excellent, and our meals were delectable and beautifully served. - We loved the shaved brussel sprouts appetizer, the grilled cajun shrimp and the orange and horseradish grilled salmon. We were not rushed and were able to enjoy ourselves as if we were in our home homes. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends groupGrandma4Dined on 10/18/2014I love the convenience to penn station besides the ambiance and good food. I invited out of town friends to join us there, it was perfect. The table was waiting and the service was excellent, we all enjoyed just being able to sit and visit without being rushed out. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodMV0505VIPDined on 10/17/2014everything we had was good and I am extremely critic. I had the Chilean sea bass over paella rissotto. very good! the fish was cooked perfectly and it came with 2 large shrimp. Another dish that was good was the mushroom rissotto and the lobster bisque was very tasty. for desert we had the Tiramisu.. really good!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciously deliciousMLH99Dined on 10/16/2014enjoyed the food the drinks and the service. Attentive and courteous staff. Food was delicious. Kitchen readily accommodated special requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter couldn't hearoccasionaldinerDined on 10/12/2014It was quite noisy despite being only 1/4 full I ordered the Mahi Mahi and was given Ahi Tuna I tried to tell the waiter but would have had to yell to get him to hear me the tuna was a little dry and too spicy for my taste but I just went along and ate the tuna. I didn't want to make a big scene!!Special Features:
- Great Dining VenueMarilouVIPDined on 10/12/2014It has been a challenge for me to find a place close to NY Penn Station, where I could get a decent meal. I decided to give it a try when I came upon NIles in Open Table. I had the best steak and eggs ever!!! I always have my steak well done and usually it comes out dry and tough. At Niles, my steak was well done but juicy and tender. The scrambled egg whites and shredded potatoes were delicious and not greasy. The staff (from hostess to waiters) were friendly, polite and attentive so I would like to point that out since it is not a common thing in NYC restaurants. I was very happy to finally find a restaurant with good ambience and good food in the NY Penn Station area and I will most certainly be going back there soon.Special Features:
- For a fast night dine-inTomMartyVIPDined on 10/10/2014Great food in a colorful setting - nice designer feel here. Pleasant service and diverse menu.Special Features:
- Very nice dinnerDearanijVIPDined on 10/7/2014This is our third time dinning at Niles. We usually come here before a show at MSG. They have always been great, both for the food and service. They offer very consistent quality food, and a nice variety on their menu. I'm sure we will be backSpecial Features:
- Outstanding resturant! Do try NilesTrishartDined on 10/6/2014Great dining experience. The food was great! The service was great! The staff was friendly and helpful and the restaurant décor was notably cool and interesting. I went with a group of 4 prior to a concert at the Garden and we all raved about Niles. I will recommend to more friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great service.baldbritDined on 10/6/2014Niles advertises that you can "count on a lively crowd" at the restaurant, so this isn't for you if you are looking for a romantic, quiet meal. That being said, it was a good atmosphere and the food and the service was fabulous. It set the mood for the concert we were seeing at Madison Square Garden which is extremely close by. We usually struggle to find good restaurants near the Garden and often end up relying on the many irish bars in the area. This was a find, and one we plan on using again. The rib eye steak was very enjoyable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2014Great experience..it is always wonderful to come their with clients and family.Special Features:
- KellydDined on 10/4/2014Excellent food and service. Beautiful ambiance. One of our favorites in the city and on the plus side it's right downstairs from our favorite hotel.Special Features:
- Pretty goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014Dined on a Thursday with an old friend. Very noisy! Food was very good.. Wine was ok.. perhaps it was what we picked.. The bar was very nice. Kind staff. Great service! :)Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Excellent food and service! Place was fun, full of life! Very enjoyable!Special Features:
- Delicious!KalalainaVIPDined on 9/30/2014I had the BEST lamb chops here! I would recommend this place for a dinner out with friends or for a date! It's right by MSG so it's central too if you've got plans for the evening. Excellent service as well!
- Great experienceFoodie101Dined on 9/27/2014It was my mothers 60th went there with about 5 pple the service was great they made the night special and the pricing was amazing for the area and quality food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2014Tony and his assistant at reservation and seating were exceptionally niceSpecial Features:
- Great foodIloveIceCreamDined on 9/24/2014We needed a spot to meet friends near Penn so decided to try Niles. It has the look and feel of a typical hotel bar/restaurant. The bar area is noisy and vibrant. We sat in the restaurant area in the back, which was quiet and perfect for conversation. Food was surprisingly very good! This place will definitely stay on my short list for good eats near Penn Station.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in AreathebossDined on 9/23/2014I use the Long Island Railroad so Niles is the best place in the area to get a nice dinner in a lovely atmosphere. I can come into the City, run across the street and meet someone for dinner and get back on my train and head home. The service and the food are also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice meal and so close to MSGATSCCVIPDined on 9/21/2014great find to have a nice meal before an event at MSG. Cool bar and good food/service.Special Features:
- MMMtravelsDined on 9/20/2014Chose Niles for proximity to MSG. Nice dinner, had two courses each (soup and crispy chicken salad and Irish burger.) Onion soup excellent, salad more than plentiful and fine, burger certainly passable. Wait staff most attentive. Only real negative: no ice in ice water! Would recommend for "normal dinner," not special occasson of any sort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for before a show.scottyVIPDined on 9/19/2014Without question the best place to dine before a show in the area… Civilized comfortable space, great professional service, with delicious food. The bar is also spacious and well staffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.