Niles New York City
371 7th Avenue
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Niles New York City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nilesnyc.com/
- Phone: 2126290210x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Everyday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Everyday: 3:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Niles New York City
Steps from Madison Square Garden, Niles New York City is the ideal venue before and after all concerts, shows and sporting events. Offering a sleek design with a contemporary American menu, Niles is the perfect place to start your day with breakfast in our restaurant or unwind after work at our lively bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Niles New York City reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)vibrant bar scene (30)great for lunch (22)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (21)special occasion (11)late-night find (11)hot spot (10)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (6)romantic (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/20/2014Chose Niles for proximity to MSG. Nice dinner, had two courses each (soup and crispy chicken salad and Irish burger.) Onion soup excellent, salad more than plentiful and fine, burger certainly passable. Wait staff most attentive. Only real negative: no ice in ice water! Would recommend for "normal dinner," not special occasson of any sort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for before a show.scottyVIPDined on 9/19/2014Without question the best place to dine before a show in the area… Civilized comfortable space, great professional service, with delicious food. The bar is also spacious and well staffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great breakfast placeymcebsVIPDined on 9/19/2014I ate here several times - always breakfast. It's a quite place, very good and efficient service, and you can eat from the buffet or a-la-cart.
- Better and betterredkDined on 9/18/2014I've been going to Niles for many years. It is convenient to Penn Station and MSG. The food has always been very good; this week it was excellent. Most of the servers have been there for years; they are terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High decibelsSkierDined on 9/17/2014Great for going to msg but on the night we went it was crowded and the noise level was impossible and we couldn't hear each other across the table.
- A favorite while in NYCHealthspeakerVIPDined on 9/17/2014Consistent with service, food and drink. What more can you ask in NYC, coupled with reasonable prices. We visit here nearly every time in NYC.Special Features:
- Niles is Nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014We had tickets to the Billy Joel concert at Madison Square Garden and wanted to have a nice dinner nearby with friends. After doing a little research I found Niles. Wow what a nice place that's literally across the street from the Garden. We were greeted warmly by the hostess and quickly ushered to our table. The wait staff is first rate and the food is fantastic!. We were give a delicious assortment of flatbreads and rolls. We ordered a margherita pizza appetizer and two orders of the Pretzel crusted chicken and two orders of the Bucatini - both great dishes with good portions. Vey hip environment with neon lights but not overdone.Bonus I booked through Open Table and got the reservation time I needed to make the show!Special Features:
- Fine Dining near Penn StationPhiWDined on 9/16/2014Fine Dining near Penn Station. Excellent service even though the restaurant was rather crowded (lunch). Obviously, the secret is out about the quality. Wide selection with reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Everything about this Reataurant was great! Great price, great service, great food! Everything was perfect! I went here on a girls weekend for dinner....five of us and each and everyone of us couldn't have been more happy with this restaurant! Well done Niles!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible restaurantKrisDined on 9/13/2014There was not a hostess to greet us at the door. Took a while for a waiter to come over. The bread they served while we waited was cold, chewy & absolutely disgusting. Our food took a VERY long time to come out! We ordered steaks, cooked medium & they were both well done! Our waiter NEVER EVER came over to ask us how our steaks were cooked or to ask if we needed anything else. We did not see our waiter again until we asked for the check. I will never recommend this restaurant or eat at it again! Poor food & extremely poor service. Very disappointing for a restaurant across from Madison Square Garden.
- First visitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/10/2014This was my first visit to Niles. Was very impressed with service and meal selections. Wait staff was very attentive and cordial. I have visited other fine establishments owned by Connie O'Reilly and his partners and am proud to add this one to my "must visit" List when I am in the City.Special Features:
- Always a treatellenmefryDined on 9/10/2014We dine at Niles whenever we attend an MSG event. The atmosphere is always welcoming and current. The wait staff is friendly and really quick. The manager is very attentive and makes sure the guests are happy. Our appetizers were yummy. Our meal was delicious. The food is always fresh. Niles is a consistent go-to spot for pre-MSG dining and great for cocktails afterward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place close to Penn StationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014Had dinner there with a friend, a last minute find. Close to Penn Station, the decor was modern and fun. It was a Monday night dinner and the place wasn't too crowded, noise level was fine we could hear each other talk. Food and service was great! Scallops and sea bass were tasty and well done. Our server was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business breakfastevinparisDined on 9/8/2014A good and complete breakfast buffet, the eggs were well prepared and the meats weren't greasy. good choice of fruits and breads as well. Attentive service. Overpriced but to be expected considering its location across from Penn Station. Good ambiance for a business breakfast, a little noisy but not bad.Special Features:
- good value brunchcgerstleDined on 9/7/2014we arrived for brunch and were immediately offered free cocktail, bloody Mary or Mimosa. What a nice surprise! Then a basket of muffins appeared on the table which were delicious. My wife had a huge egg white omelette with turkey bacon and cheese while I had the fried chicken salad which was a large piece of boneless fried chicken salad atop it. I was a little disappointed in the chicken that was either a little over fried or the oil needed changing. We were seated in an alcove so that it was absolutely quiet and we can enjoy our meal and hear each other. Carol, the maître d' and the staff couldn't have been nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Concert night gemTomMartyVIPDined on 9/5/2014If you're seeing a show at Madison Square Garden this is the place to come for a fast drink or a meal and just hang with friends. Good variety of menu selections from bar bites to fullcourse meals. Charming, modern setting.Special Features:
- michaelweingartenDined on 9/5/2014Always great food and attentive service. This is a terrific place for a civilized lunch in an uncivilized neighborhood.Special Features:
- nothing specialAviEatsOutVIPDined on 8/28/2014Well we are in New York - and that was underwealming.
- Good food - great servicedinerfromnjDined on 8/24/2014The restaurant was quiet on a Sunday night in August. I don't know what it would be like on a Friday or Saturday. The staff was attentive, friendly. They were attentive but not intrusive. The food was attractively presented;the temperature of the food was good - hot food, hot; cold food, cold. My salmon with a bed of pureed sweet potato and roasted beets was very good; shredded brussel sprout salad was excellent. My husband said his fish was good. The portion of spaghetti for our friend's son was huge; the chef added shrimp for him. I would ask for a half portion for a child. Our friends had soup - asparagus and French onion - and said it was very good. This restaurant would be good for a casual dinner. It was relaxed and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Penn Station Area diningPhiWDined on 8/10/2014A surprisingly fine restaurant close to Penn Station. This area suffers from a lack of eloquence. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- Great Midtown BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/8/2014We and a really great brunch experience at Niles. The good was great and reasonably priced. The server was foreign and hard to understand but an overall nice man. Nothing beats the view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Concert Perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/7/2014We had a table of 10 for dinner before the Billy Joel concert at the Garden. We arrived at 5.30pm and were seated promptly in a beautiful semi private room near the back. The drinks, service and food were all 5 Stars. A big thank you to our waiter Oscar for his attentiveness. The Sea Bass and Pretzel crusted chicken were out of this world. Thanks again for an amazing night!Special Features:
- Great dinner before concerrtWeLovetoEatDined on 8/7/2014My husband and I had dinner prior to the Billy Joel concert. Beautiful modern decor, excellent food, great wine list, and good ambiance. Even though the restaurant was very busy right before the concert, the service was good and the meal was not rushed. The menu includes many "small plates" similar to a tapas menu, as well as traditional mains. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Have to dine near Penn?BarbaraDined on 8/6/2014I went to a dinner at Niles after working a trade show. I was tired and needed to chill. I also had a 50lb bag and needed to be near Penn Station. The restaurant was really a perfect venue for our dinner. Centrally located to all parties, near Penn Station, nice bar, the menu is varied and fits all tastes and needs, it is sleek with decent ambiance, the service is good, the wine is good and everyone smiled. A great place to chill and a great place if you have to run for a train (even with a 50 lb bag!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasteNJBusinessmanDined on 8/6/2014This restaurant has nice ambiance and quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Niles is a FavoriteAnonymousDined on 8/1/2014I'm always happy with Niles and the prickly pear margarita is my favorite drink in town.Special Features:
- Consistent, good food and serviceCarrobDined on 7/30/2014Niles has a good lunch menu...lots of nice salads. The staff members are very pleasant and efficient. Overall, the restaurant is a good choice in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Good food, great servicePrometheus478Dined on 7/24/2014The portions are very big, and the food is good. Personally it lacked seasoning for me, notably salt in some dishes. Nice atmosphere though and the server and was very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an enjoyable meal!LEONIDADined on 7/22/2014Great place for dinner, awesome menu and super service. Keep coming back on a weekly basis!Special Features:
- QueenGinnyDined on 7/17/2014Chose Niles for the location convenient to MSG and couldn't have been more pleased! Arrived about 10 min late for our 5pm resv - hostess was gracious, no raised eyebrows. Our waiter Jorge was knowledgeable, friendly, pleasant, and attentive without being overbearing. My feta and watermelon salad was a delicious first for me, and the pork loin special was tasty and cooked just right. My dinner companion was equally pleased with her pan-seared scallop appetizer and Portobello risotto. Only thing missing was bleu-cheese stuffed Spanish olives for our dirty martinis but the drinks were well made nevertheless. Prices are right in line for midtown. A most enjoyable experience and we will definitely be back to check out the bar scene!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location PLUSJazzRocksDined on 7/17/2014I chose this restaurant primarily because of it's relatively close proximity to Madison Square Garden. It definitely offered more. The service and food were both very good and the prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchEdithTDined on 7/17/2014Food and service were wonderful but the noise level made it hard to talk to the people seated at my table.Special Features:
- Great experience!erinvgDined on 7/14/2014The food was fabulous as was the service. Would definitely eat there again and would recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good fishNscoverDined on 7/13/2014The food was delicious. The service was normal. The scallops I ate for an appetizer had like 20 different flavors at the same time. Very good place for fish overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find close to MSGJoMiaDined on 7/8/2014The service and the food were fantastic. We proved the poor review about the brussel sprout salad false! It was delicious! The Niles provides the perfect dining prerequisite to an event at the Garden and the location could not be more convenient!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Oasis by the GardenscottyVIPDined on 6/30/2014Food, service, space…. all spot on! I want the recipe for their tomato sauce! So good… Perfect place to go before a show in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Niles NYCHappyDinerDined on 6/27/2014It's great to have a quiet, comfortable place to eat near Penn Station. I met a colleague who needed to catch an early train and we were able to have a great conversation, a nice breakfast and get out on time...All good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/19/2014Great find for this part of town. Service friendly and attentive. Although the main dining area is a little on the dark side (no windows), it's nicely decorated. Menu is varied and has something for all appetites. Special requests honored with no problem. The burger was delicious and my friend truly enjoyed her salad. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to meetDon22Dined on 6/18/2014Wife and I met Israeli cousins for 1st time and were able to chat for an hour before ordering dinner. I had requested a quiet table and Niles came thru. The wait staff was courteous and very helpful. The "small appetite" selections were appreciated. The food was delicious with exceptional presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Excellent food and service. The ambience and lighting is wonderful. Bar was very busy but the noise did not affect our dining. We were pleasantly surprised by this. Location perfect. Will definitely return to try more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.