Niles New York City
371 7th Avenue
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Niles New York City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nilesnyc.com/
- Phone: 2126290210x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Everyday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Everyday: 3:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Niles New York City
Steps from Madison Square Garden, Niles New York City is the ideal venue before and after all concerts, shows and sporting events. Offering a sleek design with a contemporary American menu, Niles is the perfect place to start your day with breakfast in our restaurant or unwind after work at our lively bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Niles New York City reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)vibrant bar scene (26)great for lunch (25)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (19)special occasion (10)late-night find (8)great for brunch (7)hot spot (7)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (2)romantic (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good food - great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014The restaurant was quiet on a Sunday night in August. I don't know what it would be like on a Friday or Saturday. The staff was attentive, friendly. They were attentive but not intrusive. The food was attractively presented;the temperature of the food was good - hot food, hot; cold food, cold. My salmon with a bed of pureed sweet potato and roasted beets was very good; shredded brussel sprout salad was excellent. My husband said his fish was good. The portion of spaghetti for our friend's son was huge; the chef added shrimp for him. I would ask for a half portion for a child. Our friends had soup - asparagus and French onion - and said it was very good. This restaurant would be good for a casual dinner. It was relaxed and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Penn Station Area diningPhiWDined on 8/10/2014A surprisingly fine restaurant close to Penn Station. This area suffers from a lack of eloquence. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- Great Midtown BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014We and a really great brunch experience at Niles. The good was great and reasonably priced. The server was foreign and hard to understand but an overall nice man. Nothing beats the view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Concert Perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/7/2014We had a table of 10 for dinner before the Billy Joel concert at the Garden. We arrived at 5.30pm and were seated promptly in a beautiful semi private room near the back. The drinks, service and food were all 5 Stars. A big thank you to our waiter Oscar for his attentiveness. The Sea Bass and Pretzel crusted chicken were out of this world. Thanks again for an amazing night!Special Features:
- Great dinner before concerrtWeLovetoEatDined on 8/7/2014My husband and I had dinner prior to the Billy Joel concert. Beautiful modern decor, excellent food, great wine list, and good ambiance. Even though the restaurant was very busy right before the concert, the service was good and the meal was not rushed. The menu includes many "small plates" similar to a tapas menu, as well as traditional mains. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Have to dine near Penn?BarbaraDined on 8/6/2014I went to a dinner at Niles after working a trade show. I was tired and needed to chill. I also had a 50lb bag and needed to be near Penn Station. The restaurant was really a perfect venue for our dinner. Centrally located to all parties, near Penn Station, nice bar, the menu is varied and fits all tastes and needs, it is sleek with decent ambiance, the service is good, the wine is good and everyone smiled. A great place to chill and a great place if you have to run for a train (even with a 50 lb bag!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasteNJBusinessmanDined on 8/6/2014This restaurant has nice ambiance and quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Niles is a FavoriteAnonymousDined on 8/1/2014I'm always happy with Niles and the prickly pear margarita is my favorite drink in town.Special Features:
- Consistent, good food and serviceCarrobDined on 7/30/2014Niles has a good lunch menu...lots of nice salads. The staff members are very pleasant and efficient. Overall, the restaurant is a good choice in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Good food, great servicePrometheus478Dined on 7/24/2014The portions are very big, and the food is good. Personally it lacked seasoning for me, notably salt in some dishes. Nice atmosphere though and the server and was very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an enjoyable meal!LEONIDADined on 7/22/2014Great place for dinner, awesome menu and super service. Keep coming back on a weekly basis!Special Features:
- QueenGinnyDined on 7/17/2014Chose Niles for the location convenient to MSG and couldn't have been more pleased! Arrived about 10 min late for our 5pm resv - hostess was gracious, no raised eyebrows. Our waiter Jorge was knowledgeable, friendly, pleasant, and attentive without being overbearing. My feta and watermelon salad was a delicious first for me, and the pork loin special was tasty and cooked just right. My dinner companion was equally pleased with her pan-seared scallop appetizer and Portobello risotto. Only thing missing was bleu-cheese stuffed Spanish olives for our dirty martinis but the drinks were well made nevertheless. Prices are right in line for midtown. A most enjoyable experience and we will definitely be back to check out the bar scene!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location PLUSJazzRocksDined on 7/17/2014I chose this restaurant primarily because of it's relatively close proximity to Madison Square Garden. It definitely offered more. The service and food were both very good and the prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchEdithTDined on 7/17/2014Food and service were wonderful but the noise level made it hard to talk to the people seated at my table.Special Features:
- Great experience!erinvgDined on 7/14/2014The food was fabulous as was the service. Would definitely eat there again and would recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good fishNscoverDined on 7/13/2014The food was delicious. The service was normal. The scallops I ate for an appetizer had like 20 different flavors at the same time. Very good place for fish overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find close to MSGJoMiaDined on 7/8/2014The service and the food were fantastic. We proved the poor review about the brussel sprout salad false! It was delicious! The Niles provides the perfect dining prerequisite to an event at the Garden and the location could not be more convenient!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Oasis by the GardenscottyVIPDined on 6/30/2014Food, service, space…. all spot on! I want the recipe for their tomato sauce! So good… Perfect place to go before a show in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Niles NYCHappyDinerDined on 6/27/2014It's great to have a quiet, comfortable place to eat near Penn Station. I met a colleague who needed to catch an early train and we were able to have a great conversation, a nice breakfast and get out on time...All good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/19/2014Great find for this part of town. Service friendly and attentive. Although the main dining area is a little on the dark side (no windows), it's nicely decorated. Menu is varied and has something for all appetites. Special requests honored with no problem. The burger was delicious and my friend truly enjoyed her salad. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to meetDon22Dined on 6/18/2014Wife and I met Israeli cousins for 1st time and were able to chat for an hour before ordering dinner. I had requested a quiet table and Niles came thru. The wait staff was courteous and very helpful. The "small appetite" selections were appreciated. The food was delicious with exceptional presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Excellent food and service. The ambience and lighting is wonderful. Bar was very busy but the noise did not affect our dining. We were pleasantly surprised by this. Location perfect. Will definitely return to try more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So AccommodatingAnonymousDined on 6/12/2014We arrived late due to bad traffic uptown but the staff was gracious and accommodating in getting us in and out, and the food did not suffer from the tight schedule. Their prickly pear margarita is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemHealthspeakerVIPDined on 6/4/2014This is a favorite when in the part of NYC. Consistently well prepared food, well served, and a nice price point.
- Great place to meet near Penn Sta.Tmq54Dined on 6/4/2014Nice, clean upscale pace to meet and talk comfortably with business associates near Penn Station. Wonderful staff...very accommodating. Great lunch specials. Would definitely go again. Happy to have found such a place near Penn.Special Features:
- great good, gracious experienceavocadoDined on 6/1/2014We wanted to treat friends to a nice dinner, and we wanted to be able to talk, and we needed to be convenient to Penn Station. We could hardly have done better. At 5:30 Sunday night, we were nearly alone. Hope it gets busier later, or this lovely amenity could be in danger of perishing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceBillLLDined on 5/28/2014I've been here now on three occasions - twice for breakfast and just the other day for lunch - all three times on business meetings. The ambiance is chic AND warm; the staff are exceptionally friendly. The food is superb - very tasty, very attractive presentation AND the wait is not at all long. Staff give you plenty of time to chat as well, without ever feeling rushed. And I think it is quite reasonably priced. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!Special Features:
- Great FoodFoodieVIPDined on 5/26/2014My Husband and I dined here on Memorial Day. After reading the great reviews we decided to try it. We were not disappointed. The portions were generous and well priced. I had the Chilean Sea Bass with seafood paella. The paella alone was very tasty. The fish was nicely crusted on the outside and moist and flaky on the inside. Just as it should have been. There were also two very large shrimp on the plate. My Husband had the Bucatini with chicken, which for $20 was money well spent. An overall very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasantly surprisedSmkcpaDined on 5/24/2014I wasn't expecting such a nice place to eat at reasonable prices in the middle of the Penn Station area. We arrived 30 minutes prior to our reservation, but were seated immediately. The waiter was friendly, the food was served promptly, and hot. I had the pretzel crusted chicken, and I loved it. My wife had the cod. I will definitely dine at Niles again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice brunchATSCCVIPDined on 5/24/2014Great find near MSG, for a relaxing brunch with the kids. The food was good, not amazing but great service and a decent menuSpecial Features:
- Near to Penn StationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/22/2014Attractive but noisy atmosphere is lively and convenient for those with a lay over between trains and want more than station food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business breakfastCuttyVIPDined on 5/22/2014I've been to Niles for 3 breakfast business meetings recently after not having been there in a few years and had a great meal each time. I highly recommend it as one of the best places to meet near Penn station. Good food, reasonably priced, attentive service and good ambiance for a business meeting. I recommend this over the traditional diners and coffee shops around Penn station when you want to have a business meeting with room to talk and feel comfortable.Special Features:
- SandiDined on 5/21/2014Delicious food and very convenient location. It's our new favorite place!Special Features:
- Great find near Penn StationEscaroleDined on 5/20/2014I've been meeting business colleagues for lunch at Niles for years...food has always been great, the atmosphere is a low key, easy, and welcoming elegance, and the service is warm and attentive. This week, I had dinner with friends and was delighted. Entrees were excellent and the service was even better than during the day. One person in our party has medically necessary dietary restrictions and the kitchen was very gracious and helpful about accommodating them. Also, they have a nice selection of good and affordable wines.Special Features:
- Colorful and qualityMardiVIPDined on 5/14/2014Although the prices are ever so slightly expensive here, it's rare to find such a normal, decent restaurant so close to Penn Station. My father and I went for lunch on a weekday, and had nice, decent food in a colorful, unique atmosphere. Only negative is that it's slightly below street level, but that certainly won't deter me from going again.Special Features:
- Oasis in the desertcharlesnewyorkDined on 5/14/2014A great find in the dining wasteland near Penn Station/MSG. I brought a picky guest ["I'll have this, but remove x and x ingredients..."] who had no complaints about her lunch. Perfectly prepared and plated dishes served with attention but without hovering. Reasonably priced, too. Another reason to return: a very inviting modernist bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Penn Station Neighbor WorthVisitingRobertVIPDined on 5/14/2014This is a wonderful place to eat, near Penn Station. A business lunch, or dinner before a show. Good food and good service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WCT88VIPDined on 5/13/2014Perfect spot to dine prior to an event at Madison Square Garden.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 446 reviews are from the Niles New York City reviews archive.
- Perfect near PennNancyNYDined on 4/30/2014Perfect spot for a business or casual lunch with friends. Inviting, comfortable atmosphere, attentive service (they also let you sit and take your time), good food, reasonably priced for the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Niles is GreatAnonymousDined on 4/27/2014Niles is always reliable, which may not sound exciting, but it's so nice to go somewhere that the food is always good, the service is always good, the restrooms are always clean, and it's in a great location for having a nice meals before catching a train or bus. And the risotto is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.