Niles New York City
371 7th Avenue
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Niles New York City
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nilesnyc.com/
- Phone: 2126290210x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Everyday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Everyday: 3:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Niles New York City
Steps from Madison Square Garden, Niles New York City is the ideal venue before and after all concerts, shows and sporting events. Offering a sleek design with a contemporary American menu, Niles is the perfect place to start your day with breakfast in our restaurant or unwind after work at our lively bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Niles New York City reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)vibrant bar scene (35)fit for foodies (33)good for groups (26)great for lunch (23)late-night find (18)special occasion (16)hot spot (14)great for brunch (10)notable wine list (5)romantic (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent foodMV0505Dined on 10/17/2014everything we had was good and I am extremely critic. I had the Chilean sea bass over paella rissotto. very good! the fish was cooked perfectly and it came with 2 large shrimp. Another dish that was good was the mushroom rissotto and the lobster bisque was very tasty. for desert we had the Tiramisu.. really good!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciously deliciousMLH99Dined on 10/16/2014enjoyed the food the drinks and the service. Attentive and courteous staff. Food was delicious. Kitchen readily accommodated special requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter couldn't hearoccasionaldinerDined on 10/12/2014It was quite noisy despite being only 1/4 full I ordered the Mahi Mahi and was given Ahi Tuna I tried to tell the waiter but would have had to yell to get him to hear me the tuna was a little dry and too spicy for my taste but I just went along and ate the tuna. I didn't want to make a big scene!!Special Features:
- Great Dining VenueMarilouVIPDined on 10/12/2014It has been a challenge for me to find a place close to NY Penn Station, where I could get a decent meal. I decided to give it a try when I came upon NIles in Open Table. I had the best steak and eggs ever!!! I always have my steak well done and usually it comes out dry and tough. At Niles, my steak was well done but juicy and tender. The scrambled egg whites and shredded potatoes were delicious and not greasy. The staff (from hostess to waiters) were friendly, polite and attentive so I would like to point that out since it is not a common thing in NYC restaurants. I was very happy to finally find a restaurant with good ambience and good food in the NY Penn Station area and I will most certainly be going back there soon.Special Features:
- For a fast night dine-inTomMartyVIPDined on 10/10/2014Great food in a colorful setting - nice designer feel here. Pleasant service and diverse menu.Special Features:
- Very nice dinnerDearanijVIPDined on 10/7/2014This is our third time dinning at Niles. We usually come here before a show at MSG. They have always been great, both for the food and service. They offer very consistent quality food, and a nice variety on their menu. I'm sure we will be backSpecial Features:
- Outstanding resturant! Do try NilesTrishartDined on 10/6/2014Great dining experience. The food was great! The service was great! The staff was friendly and helpful and the restaurant décor was notably cool and interesting. I went with a group of 4 prior to a concert at the Garden and we all raved about Niles. I will recommend to more friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great service.baldbritDined on 10/6/2014Niles advertises that you can "count on a lively crowd" at the restaurant, so this isn't for you if you are looking for a romantic, quiet meal. That being said, it was a good atmosphere and the food and the service was fabulous. It set the mood for the concert we were seeing at Madison Square Garden which is extremely close by. We usually struggle to find good restaurants near the Garden and often end up relying on the many irish bars in the area. This was a find, and one we plan on using again. The rib eye steak was very enjoyable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2014Great experience..it is always wonderful to come their with clients and family.Special Features:
- KellydDined on 10/4/2014Excellent food and service. Beautiful ambiance. One of our favorites in the city and on the plus side it's right downstairs from our favorite hotel.Special Features:
- Pretty goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014Dined on a Thursday with an old friend. Very noisy! Food was very good.. Wine was ok.. perhaps it was what we picked.. The bar was very nice. Kind staff. Great service! :)Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Excellent food and service! Place was fun, full of life! Very enjoyable!Special Features:
- Delicious!KalalainaVIPDined on 9/30/2014I had the BEST lamb chops here! I would recommend this place for a dinner out with friends or for a date! It's right by MSG so it's central too if you've got plans for the evening. Excellent service as well!
- Great experienceFoodie101Dined on 9/27/2014It was my mothers 60th went there with about 5 pple the service was great they made the night special and the pricing was amazing for the area and quality food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2014Tony and his assistant at reservation and seating were exceptionally niceSpecial Features:
- Great foodIloveIceCreamDined on 9/24/2014We needed a spot to meet friends near Penn so decided to try Niles. It has the look and feel of a typical hotel bar/restaurant. The bar area is noisy and vibrant. We sat in the restaurant area in the back, which was quiet and perfect for conversation. Food was surprisingly very good! This place will definitely stay on my short list for good eats near Penn Station.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in AreathebossDined on 9/23/2014I use the Long Island Railroad so Niles is the best place in the area to get a nice dinner in a lovely atmosphere. I can come into the City, run across the street and meet someone for dinner and get back on my train and head home. The service and the food are also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice meal and so close to MSGATSCCVIPDined on 9/21/2014great find to have a nice meal before an event at MSG. Cool bar and good food/service.Special Features:
- MMMtravelsDined on 9/20/2014Chose Niles for proximity to MSG. Nice dinner, had two courses each (soup and crispy chicken salad and Irish burger.) Onion soup excellent, salad more than plentiful and fine, burger certainly passable. Wait staff most attentive. Only real negative: no ice in ice water! Would recommend for "normal dinner," not special occasson of any sort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for before a show.scottyVIPDined on 9/19/2014Without question the best place to dine before a show in the area… Civilized comfortable space, great professional service, with delicious food. The bar is also spacious and well staffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great breakfast placeymcebsVIPDined on 9/19/2014I ate here several times - always breakfast. It's a quite place, very good and efficient service, and you can eat from the buffet or a-la-cart.
- Better and betterredkDined on 9/18/2014I've been going to Niles for many years. It is convenient to Penn Station and MSG. The food has always been very good; this week it was excellent. Most of the servers have been there for years; they are terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High decibelsSkierDined on 9/17/2014Great for going to msg but on the night we went it was crowded and the noise level was impossible and we couldn't hear each other across the table.
- A favorite while in NYCHealthspeakerVIPDined on 9/17/2014Consistent with service, food and drink. What more can you ask in NYC, coupled with reasonable prices. We visit here nearly every time in NYC.Special Features:
- Niles is Nice!LIfoodieDined on 9/17/2014We had tickets to the Billy Joel concert at Madison Square Garden and wanted to have a nice dinner nearby with friends. After doing a little research I found Niles. Wow what a nice place that's literally across the street from the Garden. We were greeted warmly by the hostess and quickly ushered to our table. The wait staff is first rate and the food is fantastic!. We were give a delicious assortment of flatbreads and rolls. We ordered a margherita pizza appetizer and two orders of the Pretzel crusted chicken and two orders of the Bucatini - both great dishes with good portions. Vey hip environment with neon lights but not overdone.Bonus I booked through Open Table and got the reservation time I needed to make the show!Special Features:
- Fine Dining near Penn StationPhiWDined on 9/16/2014Fine Dining near Penn Station. Excellent service even though the restaurant was rather crowded (lunch). Obviously, the secret is out about the quality. Wide selection with reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Everything about this Reataurant was great! Great price, great service, great food! Everything was perfect! I went here on a girls weekend for dinner....five of us and each and everyone of us couldn't have been more happy with this restaurant! Well done Niles!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible restaurantKrisDined on 9/13/2014There was not a hostess to greet us at the door. Took a while for a waiter to come over. The bread they served while we waited was cold, chewy & absolutely disgusting. Our food took a VERY long time to come out! We ordered steaks, cooked medium & they were both well done! Our waiter NEVER EVER came over to ask us how our steaks were cooked or to ask if we needed anything else. We did not see our waiter again until we asked for the check. I will never recommend this restaurant or eat at it again! Poor food & extremely poor service. Very disappointing for a restaurant across from Madison Square Garden.
- First visitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/10/2014This was my first visit to Niles. Was very impressed with service and meal selections. Wait staff was very attentive and cordial. I have visited other fine establishments owned by Connie O'Reilly and his partners and am proud to add this one to my "must visit" List when I am in the City.Special Features:
- Always a treatellenmefryDined on 9/10/2014We dine at Niles whenever we attend an MSG event. The atmosphere is always welcoming and current. The wait staff is friendly and really quick. The manager is very attentive and makes sure the guests are happy. Our appetizers were yummy. Our meal was delicious. The food is always fresh. Niles is a consistent go-to spot for pre-MSG dining and great for cocktails afterward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place close to Penn StationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014Had dinner there with a friend, a last minute find. Close to Penn Station, the decor was modern and fun. It was a Monday night dinner and the place wasn't too crowded, noise level was fine we could hear each other talk. Food and service was great! Scallops and sea bass were tasty and well done. Our server was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business breakfastevinparisDined on 9/8/2014A good and complete breakfast buffet, the eggs were well prepared and the meats weren't greasy. good choice of fruits and breads as well. Attentive service. Overpriced but to be expected considering its location across from Penn Station. Good ambiance for a business breakfast, a little noisy but not bad.Special Features:
- good value brunchcgerstleDined on 9/7/2014we arrived for brunch and were immediately offered free cocktail, bloody Mary or Mimosa. What a nice surprise! Then a basket of muffins appeared on the table which were delicious. My wife had a huge egg white omelette with turkey bacon and cheese while I had the fried chicken salad which was a large piece of boneless fried chicken salad atop it. I was a little disappointed in the chicken that was either a little over fried or the oil needed changing. We were seated in an alcove so that it was absolutely quiet and we can enjoy our meal and hear each other. Carol, the maître d' and the staff couldn't have been nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Concert night gemTomMartyVIPDined on 9/5/2014If you're seeing a show at Madison Square Garden this is the place to come for a fast drink or a meal and just hang with friends. Good variety of menu selections from bar bites to fullcourse meals. Charming, modern setting.Special Features:
- michaelweingartenDined on 9/5/2014Always great food and attentive service. This is a terrific place for a civilized lunch in an uncivilized neighborhood.Special Features:
- nothing specialAviEatsOutVIPDined on 8/28/2014Well we are in New York - and that was underwealming.
- Good food - great servicedinerfromnjDined on 8/24/2014The restaurant was quiet on a Sunday night in August. I don't know what it would be like on a Friday or Saturday. The staff was attentive, friendly. They were attentive but not intrusive. The food was attractively presented;the temperature of the food was good - hot food, hot; cold food, cold. My salmon with a bed of pureed sweet potato and roasted beets was very good; shredded brussel sprout salad was excellent. My husband said his fish was good. The portion of spaghetti for our friend's son was huge; the chef added shrimp for him. I would ask for a half portion for a child. Our friends had soup - asparagus and French onion - and said it was very good. This restaurant would be good for a casual dinner. It was relaxed and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Penn Station Area diningPhiWDined on 8/10/2014A surprisingly fine restaurant close to Penn Station. This area suffers from a lack of eloquence. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- Great Midtown BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/8/2014We and a really great brunch experience at Niles. The good was great and reasonably priced. The server was foreign and hard to understand but an overall nice man. Nothing beats the view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Concert Perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/7/2014We had a table of 10 for dinner before the Billy Joel concert at the Garden. We arrived at 5.30pm and were seated promptly in a beautiful semi private room near the back. The drinks, service and food were all 5 Stars. A big thank you to our waiter Oscar for his attentiveness. The Sea Bass and Pretzel crusted chicken were out of this world. Thanks again for an amazing night!Special Features: