255 Courtland Street, NE 30th Floor
Atlanta, GA 30303Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nikolaisroof.com/
- Phone: 4042216362x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
Nikolai’s Roof will be closed for regular business Wednesday, October 29th.
We apologies for any inconvenience this may pose.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Stephanie Alderete
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Wine
- Entertainment: Nikolai’s Roof bar/lounge offers classic cocktails, a cozy ambiance and a small plate menu. The only thing smoother than dinner and drinks at Nikolais’ is the cozy embrace of our Lounge – where the mood is always comfortably stylish and undeniably cool.
Open 5 p.m. until Midnight Tuesday through Saturday.
A word from Nikolai's Roof
Nikolai’s Roof is a AAA Four Diamond restaurant and the epitome of modern/contemporary at its best. Delight in the option of a three, four or six course menu with wine pairings or an innovative ala carte menu. Enjoy intense flavors and tastes, fresh ingredients, and an elegant ambiance with a view overlooking Atlanta's starlit skyline.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Nikolai's Roof - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Nikolai's Roof reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (45)romantic (41)special occasion (39)fit for foodies (23)notable wine list (19)good for groups (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)neighborhood gem (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2014We had a very enjoyable evening at Nicholai's Roof. The atmosphere was nice and quiet lending to the ability to have an enjoyable dinner conversation. The food was outstanding and was not 'typical' cuisine. Our server, Scott, was pleasant, knowledgeable and entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet 16CelebratingSweet16Dined on 9/13/2014We took my daughter and 11 of her friends here for her Sweet 16 and it could not have been a better experience! While my husband and I sat at in the bar area, the wait staff took incredible care of their table. The girls absolutely LOVED the food from the monk fish to the beef tenderloin!! And they squealed with excitement on the ride up the elevator and also when they saw the view (which is everywhere but they especially loved the view in the banquet room in the back where the staff showed them and offered to take pics of them and us). Nikolais surprised us with a birthday dessert as well. And they covered the valet parking which is nice. I couldn't recommend it more for this type of occasion or a romantic evening for 2.Special Features:
- Great view & service, loud patronsspatialdriftDined on 9/10/2014We had a really great anniversary dinner experience, marred only by the beef carpaccio being a bit frozen and loud tables on either side of us, which is not completely in the restaurant's control. Service was extremely excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely EveningAnnieDined on 9/6/2014We took our sister and brother in law, who are gourmet foodies to Nikolai's and they loved it. We hadn't been in years and so the new décor was a surprise. The wine list was extensive and very credible. We chose 3 selections each and enjoyed the salad, tuna,and bisque for starters. Our entrees were the beef tenderloins, done perfectly, the lamb chops and foie gras. Our dessert was the soufflé. All perfectly prepared..what a pleasure. The window table was a treat and as the sun set our view of Stone Mountain slowly drifted into shadows. Perhaps next time we will go a bit earlier and enjoy a pre-dinner cocktail in the lounge to get the west side of the city view. Thanks so much to the staff at Nickolai's who were attentive and helpful.Special Features:
- Memorable ExperienceTKBKDined on 9/6/2014My husband I were looking for a fine dining restaurant in Atlanta, and after researching we decided on Nilolai's Roof. The service and quality of our dishes were spectacular. You can tell the chef takes great care when preparing the meals, as well as the presentation. The view was spectacular, the ambiance was just what we were looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected gemOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/5/2014Outstanding! A little pricey, but worth it. The servers are attentive, but not overbearing. They are knowledgable about the chef's preparations and accommodate any dietary needs. The menu is varied and the chef has created dishes that are flavorful and unique. Everything we ordered was cooked and presented beautifully. Portions are of reasonable size, so have no fear of ordering a four course dinner. I loved the quiet atmosphere which allowed for normal conversation. The bar area is spacious, comfortable and has just the right amount of lighting. This is not a restaurant that I would recommend taking children to. It is perfect for a nice leisurely repast.Special Features:
- GM70Dined on 8/30/2014Nikolai's Roof never disappoints. The food, service, and view are always excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful place to celebrate!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014My parents and I went there to celebrate their anniversary and my birthday. The atmosphere was lovely and the food was delicious. The only food item that did not meet expectations was the monk fish entree, but the lamp chops were exceptional. We had a lot of fun with the flavored vodkas, which were a lot easier to drink than I was expecting! The view cannot be beat and it was fun to come into the chaos of the Hilton lobby but then be whisked away!Special Features:
- Loved itrysoxDined on 8/29/2014The food was amazing and moderately priced compared to similar restaurants in the area.
- Special NightMikeDined on 8/27/2014Returning to Nikolai's Roof after a 30 year absence, we had high expectations. Arriving for our reservation at 7pm, we were shocked to find that we were the only ones in the dining room. Later 3 other couples came but that might have been an indicator. The service was attentative but, despite being alone, we felt a little rushed. We wanted to have a liesurly dinner but were told we could not order an appetizer then order the rest of our dinner. The food was quite good, but unremarkable. We chose a bottle of wine but the waiter returned to tell us they were out. We chose a second bottle and the same thing occurred. They offered help but appeared unfamiliar with the list. Overall, it was ok, but not up to expectations.Special Features:
- Anniversary treat!ReviewsDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary here because we've heard about this restaurant for years and how wonderful the place is......well the restaurant has lived up to its reviews!. The view was amazing, the food was just as amazing, and the service was excellent. I can say that this was the best dining experience I have ever had. A the end of our meal, we were served with a complimentary dessert with a single candle and the words "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate! It was a little warm but that did not overshadow the experience at all. Will definitely recommend this place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014One of my favorite places for years but no longer in my top tier.
- Great atmosphere but...KandSDined on 8/16/2014We arrived on time. Great views and setting. We ordered the 3 course meal and it took an hour to receive our starters. My duck entree was really tough and the side was nothing but flavored nuts. Two hours in and still waiting on dessert. Nonetheless, I had great company.
- LunaBelleDined on 8/14/2014Except for the exceptional view and pleasant wait staff I would not recommend it.
- DiScerningtastecriticThetruthVIPDined on 8/13/2014Not near like the original Restaurant! Not real gourmet and limited choices.Special Features:
- Great food but...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014Well the food at Nikolai's Roof was outstanding. Both my wife and I really enjoyed it. Service was very good although a bit understated. The servers seemed timid. The host was not friendly, on post, or up to my expectations in any other way. The restaurant itself is bland. The decor reminds me of an office park, from the plain walls to the tacky wall-to-wall carpeting. It was very bright, not giving much of a romantic mood. Also, the open floor plan made it exceptionally loud. The restaurant has a high ceiling and given its hotel top location, you might expect a terraced type seating arrangement. No, if you are seated next to a window, you are out of luck. But the food was definitely great.Special Features:
- great3generationDined on 8/1/2014Great food, but the server could do better. The hostess really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was Great, Service was SlowdavidDined on 7/31/2014I enjoyed the Lamp chops and Divers Scallops. Great view. Service was horrible, only 3 tables occupied when we arrived, waiter was slow, no manager came to our table, food took too long to come out. Would not come back . Other than that , it was Great.Special Features:
- Much has changedKevinHDined on 7/30/2014Nikolai's recently reopened after significant renovations. The food was excellent. Service was good, albeit very slow. It's nice not to feel rushed for a romantic multi-course dinner, but there were times that we found ourselves waiting too long for a server. The new decor makes for a louder environment than the grand red and gold Nikola's of the past. Part of the noise was from one large party, but there were times when it felt like a bar and we were not able to have a conversation across the table.Special Features:
- Great for special romantic dinnerFmrmxerDined on 7/30/2014The view is very, very nice. The ambiance makes Nikolai's the perfect place to for a romantic occasion. The food and service was very good as well. The only drawback of note is the exorbitant price of some, but not all, of the dishes. Granted, the view and ambiance don't come free. Still, some of what we had seemed only slightly expensive, while other dishes were to the point of ridiculous. All-in-all, our visit was a great experience. I highly recommend you give Nikolai's a try, just be prepared to spend a little extra. One additional note...we visited on a Wednesday night, and there was no crowd.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerMcnasty1VIPDined on 7/23/2014I recently celebrated my birthday at Nikolai's with my parents and girlfriend. It was our first time there. I have dined at some of the best restaurants in this country (i.e. Bern's in Tampa, Del Frisco in nyc, Bar Americain etc) and Nikolai's food and service was right up there with the best of them. Our waiter, Vassil (spelling?) was spot on, and provide top notch service. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014We went to have a new experience and we defiantely got one. The setting was very quiet and there were only a few other families dining at the time. It was comforatable and had a great view. I would love go back with my husband!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKcarefreeDined on 7/12/2014There is a great view, although restaurant does not face west for sunset. It was a little warm and food was ok. Sweet waiter but overall just an OK experience.
- Service was great!Ule4Dined on 7/12/2014The food was a bit on the pricey end. Wasn't that thrilled that we had to pay $9 for water. Our waiter was excellent and overall it was a great choice for a date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Nikolai'sEating2niteDined on 7/12/2014This was my first visit after hearing rave reviews. The Food was great but to not have proper air conditioning in a restaurant of this caliber was very disappointing. The folks I came with had been to Nikolai's before and the service experience of the past was not the same this time and that experience from the past was what made Nikolai's. Sad to say I would not go back.
- Top Notch ServiceJfp1bnDined on 7/7/2014Reservation was at 8:30. I became a bit nervous when we arrived as there were only four other tables occupied as that is never a good sign. Thought, did I make a mistake deciding to stay in the hotel? Well the answer clearly became no. I made a great choice. The service was spot on, the food was excellent and the ambiance perfect. Strongly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Unforgettable Experience!RachelCVIPDined on 7/4/2014Phenomenal. That word describes the view, the food, and the service here. It was renovated recently and reopened in 2014 with a new look and a new chef. This place is a must!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Re-MakeSuccessful!ATLfoodieVIPDined on 6/27/2014We have been going to Nikolai's roof for our wedding anniversary for over 20 years. So, we were a bit concerned about the major makeover that was undertaken over the past year. Needless worry! The food remains outstanding, the service is impeccable and the new atmosphere is light, yet elegant. They kept most of the best of the old menu and have added new flare with the switch to "New American/French with a touch of Russian". Do not miss out on the flavored vodkas or the souffle! Atlanta's foodies need to re-discover this incredible gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite the same Nikolai'svegasguyDined on 6/24/2014The good news is that the food and the service at Nikolai's is as impeccable as every time I have ever visited. You must eat here at least once in your life despite the paragraph below. The service cannot be topped and the food is some of the very best I have eaten in my entire life! The chef's tasting menu is highly recommended. Unfortunately they closed Nikolai's for three months last year to do a giant renovation on what used to be a classy looking space. The result? The ugliest dining room I have seen in years: black travertine slabs amongst Miami Beach style textured glass tiles covering the columns. The ambience has nose-dived since the re opening. Worst is that they spent a fortune on this now tacky room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best everAmazingfoodDined on 6/20/2014Beautiful view of downtown Atlanta. Food was very delicious a few surprises complements of the chef made the evening even betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful viewGoCanesDined on 6/19/2014I needed a place with a view, ambience, and excellent food. This restaurant delivered and I was very pleased with the excellent service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/7/2014Good food, but they could turn on the air. A little hot......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tradition continuesTraditionDined on 6/7/2014We have been guests at Nikolai's since 1978. We have celebrated many birthdays, anniversaries and special occasions. This last weekend we traveled from our home in the North Georgia mountains to celebrate our 43rd wedding anniversary--our first time to see the restaurant since renovation. We miss the opulent Russian atmosphere and Old World traditions but the experience and food are a new phenomena. Our special commendation goes to our attendant, Danielle. She has a magnificent smile, friendly attitude and did a marvelous job making our occasion memorable. Great job, Nikolai's!Special Features:
- Best meal I've had on AtlantaOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/7/2014Service and food were delicious from start to finish. Thoroughly enjoyed ever minute there. Kudos to our waiter, Vassil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special experienceNardoDined on 6/7/2014The view, the appetizers and the entrees were all excellent. The desserts, however were better than excellent! Grand Marnier soufflé and Sweet corn creme brûlée to die for. Also, don't miss out on the almond macaroons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experience of my life.MarlowdaDined on 6/4/2014Every aspect of our experience was perfect. The atmosphere was very romantic, modern, and sophisticated. The food was mind blowing. My girlfriend and I have been to many of Atlanta's top-rated restaurants and so far no entrée can even compare to the Oven Roasted Lamb Chops. Additionally, the appetizers and desserts were truly remarkable. Each course was overwhelmingly perfect. I will return as often as I can afford to. Although the meal was expensive, it was not overpriced by any means – in fact, after eating each course, I was surprised that it did not cost significantly more. I have serious doubts as to whether or not I will ever have a better meal before I die; however, if that ever happens it will likely be at Nikolai's Roof.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inexpliciable satisfactionromancticDined on 5/29/2014Words alone simply cannot express the degree to which we have experienced complete and utter satisfaction each time we have visited Nikolai's Roof. Our a la carte captain, Vassil, was a remarkable host whose welcoming presence enhanced the exquisite dining experience. The chef's attentiveness to our individual preferences once again confirmed the passion this restaurant has for each customer that graces this establishment. Bravo!Special Features:
- The following 610 reviews are from the Nikolai's Roof reviews archive.
- Great 27th AnniversaryDnJ27thDined on 5/24/2014We celebrated our 10th, 15th, and now our 27th here. Everything was great minus the air conditioning issue. We will be back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/24/2014Service was first class! Food was amazing! Will go again....Special Features:
- SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/15/2014For an old dinosaur, this is something worthwhile. A little pricey (just a little). But I would rather pay for this view than one of the more trendy newer Buckhead restaurants and look at a street full of cars while I dine. Or, what's so good about eating in a converted old warehouse or factory? The food actually exceeded our expectations. Very flavorful. From the moment we pulled up for the complimentary valet parking until our departure we were treated like royalty. Very customer focused and they made it clear they were glad we chose to eat there. And we're foodies. But not snobs. I'll go back again when I want to feel special. We were pleasantly surprised with everything!Special Features: