255 Courtland Street, NE 30th Floor
Atlanta, GA 30303Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nikolaisroof.com/
- Phone: (404) 221-6362
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
Our Holiday schedule is as follows:
•Closed Thanksgiving week November 23 thru Dec 1, open again Dec 2
•Closed December 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 open again on 26 & 27 (Fri & Sat)
•Closed January 1 open again 2 & 3 (Fri & Sat)
Please note that our regular closed days are Sunday and Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Stephanie Alderete
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Wine
- Entertainment: Nikolai’s Roof bar/lounge offers classic cocktails, a cozy ambiance and a small plate menu. The only thing smoother than dinner and drinks at Nikolais’ is the cozy embrace of our Lounge – where the mood is always comfortably stylish and undeniably cool.
Open 5 p.m. until Midnight Tuesday through Saturday.
A word from Nikolai's Roof
Nikolai’s Roof is a AAA Four Diamond restaurant and the epitome of modern/contemporary at its best. Delight in the option of a three, four or six course menu with wine pairings or an innovative ala carte menu. Enjoy intense flavors and tastes, fresh ingredients, and an elegant ambiance with a view overlooking Atlanta's starlit skyline.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Nikolai's Roof - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Nikolai's Roof reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (56)special occasion (48)romantic (47)fit for foodies (34)notable wine list (15)good for groups (7)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Four-course mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2014Attentive server. Nice view. Tried the four-course meal. Pork belly was delicious. Pan-seared foie gras tasted good though it was a bit too charred. Duck breast is chewy. Souffle is great, though it could be sweeter.Special Features:
- Great service but...nkitnjDined on 11/15/2014I want say first, the service was excellent. The hostess was able to accommodate my fiancé and me a table near the window for a beautiful view of the city. Unfortunately, no fault of the restaurant, our table was next to a party of six. One lady of the party was very loud, not obnoxious, in discussing her work experience to her group. This made it very difficult for my fiancé and me to hear each other in our own conversation and enjoy a quite dinner. My fiancé loved the sorbet before the main course was served. She wished they served more. I feel this is the only item we ate that "wow'd" us. For the most part, the food was good, not great. It was a little salty for my taste. In my opinion, the portion sizes were small for the price. Diver Scallop: one 1 1/2" diameter $14. My fiancé could barely taste the dressing on her Heart of of Romaine salad for $13. In words a plate of Romaine lettuce, a tomato, and a crouton for $13. We both had the Tenderloin ($36). Again, salty for our tastes. Not worth $36 for the taste and size of cut. If you are looking for great service and an excellent view, you could consider this restaurant. For the whole package, I could not recommend this restaurant for the cost, small portions and average tasting food.Special Features:
- Wife's Birthday was a huge success!nerovicDined on 11/15/2014I brought my wife here for her 35th birthday, we had a great time. Our waiter was excellent and exceeded our expectations of service. The flavored vodkas and the food were excellent and we look forward to going back soon. I'd highly recommned this restaurant to anyone looking for a special occation or a very upscale dining experience!Special Features:
- Great experienceServiceSnobDined on 11/12/2014Really enjoyed the service and especially the food. The menu arrangement was particularly favorable. The staff did a great job of making our anniversary dinner extra special with little touches throughout from start to finish!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ann11Dined on 11/8/2014One of the best places we have dined in. Food excellent and our waiter, Vassiellle, was so professional, so attentive to us, and very friendly. He described all the food choices in wonderful detail and made everything sound delicious. What a great experience we had and now wonderful memories.Special Features:
- 40th birthday dinnerbirthdaywishesDined on 11/8/2014Scott was our server for my birthday dinner and he was fantastic. Very Friendly. The view was amazing. The decor was beautiful. And then the food. There are not enough words to express the pure joy i experienced with each bite. I wanted something I've never had before so i ordered the monkfish. Devine. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Amazing after all these yearsdavidsonwildcatDined on 11/7/2014Nikolai's Roof was the Bacchanalia of Atlanta back in the 1970s, and as such, I never went. So planning to go for my birthday celebration was as much a novelty as anything else. But what a terrific surprise to encounter tastes that my foodie friends would appreciate plus impeccable service and the trademark view. Also, given the current craze for loud, open space restaurants, it was a delight to enjoy the quiet where all we could hear was our own conversation. We'll definitely return to celebrate another special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one and doneOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/1/2014Good but uninspired food. Nice renovation has created a lovely restaurant with a great view. Unsophisticated wait staff. Very expensive. No need for me to go backSpecial Features:
- Great to be backLifeistooshortDined on 10/31/2014My first trip to Nikolai's Roof was in 1978 when I was celebrating my first wedding anniversary in wonderful style at this restaurant. Having moved away, this was my first chance to return to the restaurant in 36 years and I was not disappointed. While I preferred the old décor with its heavy Russian theme, that style had probably become tired and dated. The new fresh décor was very nice. Our waitress, Teni, did an outstanding job of anticipating our needs. Every course was fantastic, one after the other. The soufflé dessert was out of this world. Do yourself a favor and treat yourself to the frozen vodkas! To cap off the evening, we found out that the couple next to us were celebrating their first anniversary, just like I in 1978!Special Features:
- still the bestLuvoldfavoritesDined on 10/25/2014After being away from Atlanta for 7 years we decided to visit here again! It was just as awesome as before. We never waited for a thing. Are car was parked right in front as soon as we exited the door. The service of the entire staff was as impeccable as always. Now I will mention we went earlier at 6 pm for the sunset and it was quiet. As the evening progressed it filled up but the noise level never impeded conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, amazing view!funkyman3333Dined on 10/24/2014Wow - I was very impressed with this restaurant. As mentioned, the view was beautiful at night. The food was also great - we ordered the 4-course meal ($71), and could still choose our courses. I had the scallops (appetizer), the ahi tuna (appetizer), the steak (main), and the souffle (dessert) - all were fantastic. The service was friendly and efficient. I have nothing negative to say!Special Features:
- A Comedy of ErrorsfatmanandhissisterVIPDined on 10/17/2014From the moment we tried to valet where we were told unless we had a ring to put on our single car key, the valet could not park the car. I know, I gasped a little too. My husband then parked in the garage next door which worked out better at the end of the evening because we didn't have to stand in the ever so long valet line to wait for the car. Although there were only two of us for dinner, the table was set for four and the other two place settings along with water and wine glasses stayed all evening sometimes cramping the food delivery. First course was a hot course but it was served cold, main course was lamb chops ordered rare but delivered medium. Free dessert was offered but we just fled the scene after paying the bill.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/17/2014Highly recommended so tried it for dinner for 4 women in town for a conference. Very attentive and well-timed service. Spectacular view. Loved the option of creating a multi-course meal from any section of the menu. Lamb chops perfectly prepared; soup was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nikolai's RooftalkdownVIPDined on 10/17/2014Fantastic food, the best view of the Atlanta skyline, and fresh decor make this spot really outstanding. This is my favorite resturant in the south east and our waiter Vassil gets ten out of ten for perfect professional service.The only waiter thats ever given me a business card this guy was a real pro.Special Features:
- Incredible!CowboyVIPDined on 10/16/2014The entire experience was unforgettable, great service, incredible food, and the view is outstanding. Manuela, our server was absolutely fabulous and personable! Great job!Special Features:
- Good first experienceluv2dine80Dined on 10/15/2014My visit was for my boyfriend's birthday. We enjoyed everythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nikolai's RppfOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2014The food was awesome. The experience was made even more so by the beautiful scenic vista of the downtown Atlanta at night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very special experienceLlbksDined on 10/10/2014We tried the special early evening menu, and it offered a great range of new tastes, textures, and presentation. Every course was a new adventure and was delicious. And the view was excellent as the sun went down and the lights of the city lit up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What An Amazing Dining Experience!DiningAboveTheRestDined on 10/4/2014Wow! What an experience like no other! I have eaten in many 5-star restaurants and been provided the best service. However, the staff at Nikolai's Roof (Russian and French cuisine) far exceed that. They provide histories and uses on any special or uniquely used foods or sauces like the orange tea vodka. The view of Atlanta is stunning whether you sit in the dining room or the lounge. The only thing missing is the restaurant should rotate so its patrons can see the skyline regardless of where they sit. I will definitely share this with friends and family who also enjoy this type of experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in town hands down!ZurineDined on 10/3/2014Everything we had was "heavenly". Truly an amazing dining experience. Our server, Vassil was extremely knowledgable, helpful and friendly! Definitely a MUST GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best In Atlanta Ga.GregbDined on 9/30/2014We go out about 4 or 5 times a year for romantic dates. Nikolai's Roof was one restaurant we wanted to try in Georgia. Upon entering the top level, the atmosphere was gentle and clean. They have a very structured service when you enter, and when you are seated. Very romantic place for your wife or date. Our waiter and host were outstanding! The menu and wine selection was attractive and modestly priced considering the service and the view. Our meal was three courses and the chef perfected each one. She even came out and we were able to meet her. What she did with celery and scallops was almost a religious experience! Overall we give them Five stars on everything from Ambiance, food, service and the noise level. Thanks Nikolais.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2014We had a very enjoyable evening at Nicholai's Roof. The atmosphere was nice and quiet lending to the ability to have an enjoyable dinner conversation. The food was outstanding and was not 'typical' cuisine. Our server, Scott, was pleasant, knowledgeable and entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet 16CelebratingSweet16Dined on 9/13/2014We took my daughter and 11 of her friends here for her Sweet 16 and it could not have been a better experience! While my husband and I sat at in the bar area, the wait staff took incredible care of their table. The girls absolutely LOVED the food from the monk fish to the beef tenderloin!! And they squealed with excitement on the ride up the elevator and also when they saw the view (which is everywhere but they especially loved the view in the banquet room in the back where the staff showed them and offered to take pics of them and us). Nikolais surprised us with a birthday dessert as well. And they covered the valet parking which is nice. I couldn't recommend it more for this type of occasion or a romantic evening for 2.Special Features:
- Great view & service, loud patronsspatialdriftDined on 9/10/2014We had a really great anniversary dinner experience, marred only by the beef carpaccio being a bit frozen and loud tables on either side of us, which is not completely in the restaurant's control. Service was extremely excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely EveningAnnieDined on 9/6/2014We took our sister and brother in law, who are gourmet foodies to Nikolai's and they loved it. We hadn't been in years and so the new décor was a surprise. The wine list was extensive and very credible. We chose 3 selections each and enjoyed the salad, tuna,and bisque for starters. Our entrees were the beef tenderloins, done perfectly, the lamb chops and foie gras. Our dessert was the soufflé. All perfectly prepared..what a pleasure. The window table was a treat and as the sun set our view of Stone Mountain slowly drifted into shadows. Perhaps next time we will go a bit earlier and enjoy a pre-dinner cocktail in the lounge to get the west side of the city view. Thanks so much to the staff at Nickolai's who were attentive and helpful.Special Features:
- Memorable ExperienceTKBKDined on 9/6/2014My husband I were looking for a fine dining restaurant in Atlanta, and after researching we decided on Nilolai's Roof. The service and quality of our dishes were spectacular. You can tell the chef takes great care when preparing the meals, as well as the presentation. The view was spectacular, the ambiance was just what we were looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected gemOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/5/2014Outstanding! A little pricey, but worth it. The servers are attentive, but not overbearing. They are knowledgable about the chef's preparations and accommodate any dietary needs. The menu is varied and the chef has created dishes that are flavorful and unique. Everything we ordered was cooked and presented beautifully. Portions are of reasonable size, so have no fear of ordering a four course dinner. I loved the quiet atmosphere which allowed for normal conversation. The bar area is spacious, comfortable and has just the right amount of lighting. This is not a restaurant that I would recommend taking children to. It is perfect for a nice leisurely repast.Special Features:
- GM70Dined on 8/30/2014Nikolai's Roof never disappoints. The food, service, and view are always excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful place to celebrate!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014My parents and I went there to celebrate their anniversary and my birthday. The atmosphere was lovely and the food was delicious. The only food item that did not meet expectations was the monk fish entree, but the lamp chops were exceptional. We had a lot of fun with the flavored vodkas, which were a lot easier to drink than I was expecting! The view cannot be beat and it was fun to come into the chaos of the Hilton lobby but then be whisked away!Special Features:
- Loved itrysoxDined on 8/29/2014The food was amazing and moderately priced compared to similar restaurants in the area.
- Special NightMikeDined on 8/27/2014Returning to Nikolai's Roof after a 30 year absence, we had high expectations. Arriving for our reservation at 7pm, we were shocked to find that we were the only ones in the dining room. Later 3 other couples came but that might have been an indicator. The service was attentative but, despite being alone, we felt a little rushed. We wanted to have a liesurly dinner but were told we could not order an appetizer then order the rest of our dinner. The food was quite good, but unremarkable. We chose a bottle of wine but the waiter returned to tell us they were out. We chose a second bottle and the same thing occurred. They offered help but appeared unfamiliar with the list. Overall, it was ok, but not up to expectations.Special Features:
- Anniversary treat!ReviewsDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary here because we've heard about this restaurant for years and how wonderful the place is......well the restaurant has lived up to its reviews!. The view was amazing, the food was just as amazing, and the service was excellent. I can say that this was the best dining experience I have ever had. A the end of our meal, we were served with a complimentary dessert with a single candle and the words "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate! It was a little warm but that did not overshadow the experience at all. Will definitely recommend this place.Special Features:
- Fantastic Dinning on the Roof!DisappointedVIPDined on 8/23/2014Fantastic location and dining experience! We ordered the 6-course Chef's tasting and allowed the chef to prepare her own menu. What a great treat! My husband and I each received different dishes, however the flavors complemented each other very nicely! The food was exquisite! Even the bread was delicious! The chef is highly talented! The service was wonderful! And to top everything off, we dined at the rooftop of the Hilton and had an amazing view! What a romantic evening with amazing food, amazing service, and an amazing ambiance! The only negative was that it was uncomfortably warm in the restaurant. We will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014One of my favorite places for years but no longer in my top tier.
- Great atmosphere but...KandSDined on 8/16/2014We arrived on time. Great views and setting. We ordered the 3 course meal and it took an hour to receive our starters. My duck entree was really tough and the side was nothing but flavored nuts. Two hours in and still waiting on dessert. Nonetheless, I had great company.
- LunaBelleDined on 8/14/2014Except for the exceptional view and pleasant wait staff I would not recommend it.
- DiScerningtastecriticThetruthVIPDined on 8/13/2014Not near like the original Restaurant! Not real gourmet and limited choices.Special Features:
- Great food but...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014Well the food at Nikolai's Roof was outstanding. Both my wife and I really enjoyed it. Service was very good although a bit understated. The servers seemed timid. The host was not friendly, on post, or up to my expectations in any other way. The restaurant itself is bland. The decor reminds me of an office park, from the plain walls to the tacky wall-to-wall carpeting. It was very bright, not giving much of a romantic mood. Also, the open floor plan made it exceptionally loud. The restaurant has a high ceiling and given its hotel top location, you might expect a terraced type seating arrangement. No, if you are seated next to a window, you are out of luck. But the food was definitely great.Special Features:
- great3generationDined on 8/1/2014Great food, but the server could do better. The hostess really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was Great, Service was SlowdavidDined on 7/31/2014I enjoyed the Lamp chops and Divers Scallops. Great view. Service was horrible, only 3 tables occupied when we arrived, waiter was slow, no manager came to our table, food took too long to come out. Would not come back . Other than that , it was Great.Special Features: