255 Courtland Street, NE 30th Floor
Atlanta, GA 30303Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nikolaisroof.com/
- Phone: 4042216362x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Stephanie Alderete
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Wine
- Entertainment: Nikolai’s Roof bar/lounge offers classic cocktails, a cozy ambiance and a small plate menu. The only thing smoother than dinner and drinks at Nikolais’ is the cozy embrace of our Lounge – where the mood is always comfortably stylish and undeniably cool.
Open 5 p.m. until Midnight Tuesday through Saturday.
A word from Nikolai's Roof
Nikolai’s Roof is a AAA Four Diamond restaurant and the epitome of modern/contemporary at its best. Delight in the option of a three, four or six course menu with wine pairings or an innovative ala carte menu. Enjoy intense flavors and tastes, fresh ingredients, and an elegant ambiance with a view overlooking Atlanta's starlit skyline.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Nikolai's Roof - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Nikolai's Roof reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (48)special occasion (42)romantic (40)fit for foodies (27)notable wine list (18)good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- A Comedy of ErrorsfatmanandhissisterVIPDined on 10/17/2014From the moment we tried to valet where we were told unless we had a ring to put on our single car key, the valet could not park the car. I know, I gasped a little too. My husband then parked in the garage next door which worked out better at the end of the evening because we didn't have to stand in the ever so long valet line to wait for the car. Although there were only two of us for dinner, the table was set for four and the other two place settings along with water and wine glasses stayed all evening sometimes cramping the food delivery. First course was a hot course but it was served cold, main course was lamb chops ordered rare but delivered medium. Free dessert was offered but we just fled the scene after paying the bill.Special Features:
- Nikolai's RooftalkdownDined on 10/17/2014Fantastic food, the best view of the Atlanta skyline, and fresh decor make this spot really outstanding. This is my favorite resturant in the south east and our waiter Vassil gets ten out of ten for perfect professional service.The only waiter thats ever given me a business card this guy was a real pro.Special Features:
- Good first experienceluv2dine80Dined on 10/15/2014My visit was for my boyfriend's birthday. We enjoyed everythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very special experienceLlbksDined on 10/10/2014We tried the special early evening menu, and it offered a great range of new tastes, textures, and presentation. Every course was a new adventure and was delicious. And the view was excellent as the sun went down and the lights of the city lit up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What An Amazing Dining Experience!DiningAboveTheRestDined on 10/4/2014Wow! What an experience like no other! I have eaten in many 5-star restaurants and been provided the best service. However, the staff at Nikolai's Roof (Russian and French cuisine) far exceed that. They provide histories and uses on any special or uniquely used foods or sauces like the orange tea vodka. The view of Atlanta is stunning whether you sit in the dining room or the lounge. The only thing missing is the restaurant should rotate so its patrons can see the skyline regardless of where they sit. I will definitely share this with friends and family who also enjoy this type of experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in town hands down!ZurineDined on 10/3/2014Everything we had was "heavenly". Truly an amazing dining experience. Our server, Vassil was extremely knowledgable, helpful and friendly! Definitely a MUST GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best In Atlanta Ga.GregbDined on 9/30/2014We go out about 4 or 5 times a year for romantic dates. Nikolai's Roof was one restaurant we wanted to try in Georgia. Upon entering the top level, the atmosphere was gentle and clean. They have a very structured service when you enter, and when you are seated. Very romantic place for your wife or date. Our waiter and host were outstanding! The menu and wine selection was attractive and modestly priced considering the service and the view. Our meal was three courses and the chef perfected each one. She even came out and we were able to meet her. What she did with celery and scallops was almost a religious experience! Overall we give them Five stars on everything from Ambiance, food, service and the noise level. Thanks Nikolais.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2014We had a very enjoyable evening at Nicholai's Roof. The atmosphere was nice and quiet lending to the ability to have an enjoyable dinner conversation. The food was outstanding and was not 'typical' cuisine. Our server, Scott, was pleasant, knowledgeable and entertaining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet 16CelebratingSweet16Dined on 9/13/2014We took my daughter and 11 of her friends here for her Sweet 16 and it could not have been a better experience! While my husband and I sat at in the bar area, the wait staff took incredible care of their table. The girls absolutely LOVED the food from the monk fish to the beef tenderloin!! And they squealed with excitement on the ride up the elevator and also when they saw the view (which is everywhere but they especially loved the view in the banquet room in the back where the staff showed them and offered to take pics of them and us). Nikolais surprised us with a birthday dessert as well. And they covered the valet parking which is nice. I couldn't recommend it more for this type of occasion or a romantic evening for 2.Special Features:
- Great view & service, loud patronsspatialdriftDined on 9/10/2014We had a really great anniversary dinner experience, marred only by the beef carpaccio being a bit frozen and loud tables on either side of us, which is not completely in the restaurant's control. Service was extremely excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely EveningAnnieDined on 9/6/2014We took our sister and brother in law, who are gourmet foodies to Nikolai's and they loved it. We hadn't been in years and so the new décor was a surprise. The wine list was extensive and very credible. We chose 3 selections each and enjoyed the salad, tuna,and bisque for starters. Our entrees were the beef tenderloins, done perfectly, the lamb chops and foie gras. Our dessert was the soufflé. All perfectly prepared..what a pleasure. The window table was a treat and as the sun set our view of Stone Mountain slowly drifted into shadows. Perhaps next time we will go a bit earlier and enjoy a pre-dinner cocktail in the lounge to get the west side of the city view. Thanks so much to the staff at Nickolai's who were attentive and helpful.Special Features:
- Memorable ExperienceTKBKDined on 9/6/2014My husband I were looking for a fine dining restaurant in Atlanta, and after researching we decided on Nilolai's Roof. The service and quality of our dishes were spectacular. You can tell the chef takes great care when preparing the meals, as well as the presentation. The view was spectacular, the ambiance was just what we were looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected gemOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/5/2014Outstanding! A little pricey, but worth it. The servers are attentive, but not overbearing. They are knowledgable about the chef's preparations and accommodate any dietary needs. The menu is varied and the chef has created dishes that are flavorful and unique. Everything we ordered was cooked and presented beautifully. Portions are of reasonable size, so have no fear of ordering a four course dinner. I loved the quiet atmosphere which allowed for normal conversation. The bar area is spacious, comfortable and has just the right amount of lighting. This is not a restaurant that I would recommend taking children to. It is perfect for a nice leisurely repast.Special Features:
- GM70Dined on 8/30/2014Nikolai's Roof never disappoints. The food, service, and view are always excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful place to celebrate!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014My parents and I went there to celebrate their anniversary and my birthday. The atmosphere was lovely and the food was delicious. The only food item that did not meet expectations was the monk fish entree, but the lamp chops were exceptional. We had a lot of fun with the flavored vodkas, which were a lot easier to drink than I was expecting! The view cannot be beat and it was fun to come into the chaos of the Hilton lobby but then be whisked away!Special Features:
- Loved itrysoxDined on 8/29/2014The food was amazing and moderately priced compared to similar restaurants in the area.
- Special NightMikeDined on 8/27/2014Returning to Nikolai's Roof after a 30 year absence, we had high expectations. Arriving for our reservation at 7pm, we were shocked to find that we were the only ones in the dining room. Later 3 other couples came but that might have been an indicator. The service was attentative but, despite being alone, we felt a little rushed. We wanted to have a liesurly dinner but were told we could not order an appetizer then order the rest of our dinner. The food was quite good, but unremarkable. We chose a bottle of wine but the waiter returned to tell us they were out. We chose a second bottle and the same thing occurred. They offered help but appeared unfamiliar with the list. Overall, it was ok, but not up to expectations.Special Features:
- Anniversary treat!ReviewsDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary here because we've heard about this restaurant for years and how wonderful the place is......well the restaurant has lived up to its reviews!. The view was amazing, the food was just as amazing, and the service was excellent. I can say that this was the best dining experience I have ever had. A the end of our meal, we were served with a complimentary dessert with a single candle and the words "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate! It was a little warm but that did not overshadow the experience at all. Will definitely recommend this place.Special Features:
- Fantastic Dinning on the Roof!DisappointedVIPDined on 8/23/2014Fantastic location and dining experience! We ordered the 6-course Chef's tasting and allowed the chef to prepare her own menu. What a great treat! My husband and I each received different dishes, however the flavors complemented each other very nicely! The food was exquisite! Even the bread was delicious! The chef is highly talented! The service was wonderful! And to top everything off, we dined at the rooftop of the Hilton and had an amazing view! What a romantic evening with amazing food, amazing service, and an amazing ambiance! The only negative was that it was uncomfortably warm in the restaurant. We will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014One of my favorite places for years but no longer in my top tier.
- Great atmosphere but...KandSDined on 8/16/2014We arrived on time. Great views and setting. We ordered the 3 course meal and it took an hour to receive our starters. My duck entree was really tough and the side was nothing but flavored nuts. Two hours in and still waiting on dessert. Nonetheless, I had great company.
- LunaBelleDined on 8/14/2014Except for the exceptional view and pleasant wait staff I would not recommend it.
- DiScerningtastecriticThetruthVIPDined on 8/13/2014Not near like the original Restaurant! Not real gourmet and limited choices.Special Features:
- Great food but...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014Well the food at Nikolai's Roof was outstanding. Both my wife and I really enjoyed it. Service was very good although a bit understated. The servers seemed timid. The host was not friendly, on post, or up to my expectations in any other way. The restaurant itself is bland. The decor reminds me of an office park, from the plain walls to the tacky wall-to-wall carpeting. It was very bright, not giving much of a romantic mood. Also, the open floor plan made it exceptionally loud. The restaurant has a high ceiling and given its hotel top location, you might expect a terraced type seating arrangement. No, if you are seated next to a window, you are out of luck. But the food was definitely great.Special Features:
- great3generationDined on 8/1/2014Great food, but the server could do better. The hostess really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was Great, Service was SlowdavidDined on 7/31/2014I enjoyed the Lamp chops and Divers Scallops. Great view. Service was horrible, only 3 tables occupied when we arrived, waiter was slow, no manager came to our table, food took too long to come out. Would not come back . Other than that , it was Great.Special Features:
- NoiseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014We went there for our anniversary and had a great time Reservation was easy and user friendly and service and food was great Just the people at the bar side were very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much has changedKevinHDined on 7/30/2014Nikolai's recently reopened after significant renovations. The food was excellent. Service was good, albeit very slow. It's nice not to feel rushed for a romantic multi-course dinner, but there were times that we found ourselves waiting too long for a server. The new decor makes for a louder environment than the grand red and gold Nikola's of the past. Part of the noise was from one large party, but there were times when it felt like a bar and we were not able to have a conversation across the table.Special Features:
- Great for special romantic dinnerFmrmxerDined on 7/30/2014The view is very, very nice. The ambiance makes Nikolai's the perfect place to for a romantic occasion. The food and service was very good as well. The only drawback of note is the exorbitant price of some, but not all, of the dishes. Granted, the view and ambiance don't come free. Still, some of what we had seemed only slightly expensive, while other dishes were to the point of ridiculous. All-in-all, our visit was a great experience. I highly recommend you give Nikolai's a try, just be prepared to spend a little extra. One additional note...we visited on a Wednesday night, and there was no crowd.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerMcnasty1VIPDined on 7/23/2014I recently celebrated my birthday at Nikolai's with my parents and girlfriend. It was our first time there. I have dined at some of the best restaurants in this country (i.e. Bern's in Tampa, Del Frisco in nyc, Bar Americain etc) and Nikolai's food and service was right up there with the best of them. Our waiter, Vassil (spelling?) was spot on, and provide top notch service. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014We went to have a new experience and we defiantely got one. The setting was very quiet and there were only a few other families dining at the time. It was comforatable and had a great view. I would love go back with my husband!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKcarefreeDined on 7/12/2014There is a great view, although restaurant does not face west for sunset. It was a little warm and food was ok. Sweet waiter but overall just an OK experience.
- Service was great!Ule4Dined on 7/12/2014The food was a bit on the pricey end. Wasn't that thrilled that we had to pay $9 for water. Our waiter was excellent and overall it was a great choice for a date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Nikolai'sEating2niteDined on 7/12/2014This was my first visit after hearing rave reviews. The Food was great but to not have proper air conditioning in a restaurant of this caliber was very disappointing. The folks I came with had been to Nikolai's before and the service experience of the past was not the same this time and that experience from the past was what made Nikolai's. Sad to say I would not go back.
- Top Notch ServiceJfp1bnDined on 7/7/2014Reservation was at 8:30. I became a bit nervous when we arrived as there were only four other tables occupied as that is never a good sign. Thought, did I make a mistake deciding to stay in the hotel? Well the answer clearly became no. I made a great choice. The service was spot on, the food was excellent and the ambiance perfect. Strongly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Unforgettable Experience!RachelCVIPDined on 7/4/2014Phenomenal. That word describes the view, the food, and the service here. It was renovated recently and reopened in 2014 with a new look and a new chef. This place is a must!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 619 reviews are from the Nikolai's Roof reviews archive.
- Re-MakeSuccessful!ATLfoodieVIPDined on 6/27/2014We have been going to Nikolai's roof for our wedding anniversary for over 20 years. So, we were a bit concerned about the major makeover that was undertaken over the past year. Needless worry! The food remains outstanding, the service is impeccable and the new atmosphere is light, yet elegant. They kept most of the best of the old menu and have added new flare with the switch to "New American/French with a touch of Russian". Do not miss out on the flavored vodkas or the souffle! Atlanta's foodies need to re-discover this incredible gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite the same Nikolai'svegasguyDined on 6/24/2014The good news is that the food and the service at Nikolai's is as impeccable as every time I have ever visited. You must eat here at least once in your life despite the paragraph below. The service cannot be topped and the food is some of the very best I have eaten in my entire life! The chef's tasting menu is highly recommended. Unfortunately they closed Nikolai's for three months last year to do a giant renovation on what used to be a classy looking space. The result? The ugliest dining room I have seen in years: black travertine slabs amongst Miami Beach style textured glass tiles covering the columns. The ambience has nose-dived since the re opening. Worst is that they spent a fortune on this now tacky room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best everAmazingfoodDined on 6/20/2014Beautiful view of downtown Atlanta. Food was very delicious a few surprises complements of the chef made the evening even betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful viewGoCanesDined on 6/19/2014I needed a place with a view, ambience, and excellent food. This restaurant delivered and I was very pleased with the excellent service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.