Nikko Japanese Restaurant
325 Arlington Ave.
Charlotte, NC 28203Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $31 to $50
Nikko Japanese Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.nikkosushibar.net/
- Phone: (704) 370-0100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - tuesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Hiro Takayama/ Tsuyoshi Ono
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: With advanced notice we accommodate any catering event for company or personal needs. We offer a sushi chef to be on site to insure authenticity.
- Private Party Facilities: the Seating capacity is up to 40 patrons with the capability of full audio and video access with the option to hold company events or to be reserved for personal parties.
- Private Party Contact: James Nix 7045195160
- Entertainment: We feature a Live DJ on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Cross Street: South Blvd.
- Public Transit: The light rail stops at the Bland Street Station behind Nikko Japanese Restaurant (the pink high rise building) which offers convenient transportation from the uptown area.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We offer complimentary valet parking as well as reserved parking with great access to the restaurant through the elevator to our lobby entrance.
A word from Nikko Japanese Restaurant
Nikko Japanese Restaurant and Sushi Bar has a high energy atmosphere with a contemporary style. We are known for inventive, excellent, award winning sushi as well as the finest modern Japanese cuisine. Nikko has the feel of a upscale New York city restaurant with the promise to be hot and sexy. We have an assortment of over 300 bottles of fine wines as well as a full service bar. We feature a large private dining room with a full projection screen for company events or any other special occasion. Joannas welcoming personality with feather boa and trademark cowboy hat with tambourine overwhelms guests with "Sushi Love" when sake bombs are requested.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Nikko Japanese Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Nikko Japanese Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (21)hot spot (21)special occasion (18)fit for foodies (13)vibrant bar scene (12)romantic (11)late-night find (8)neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (3)scenic view (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Nikko's The Millennial MomentLudlowDined on 11/8/2014Great Sushi Quality and a Millennial Hangout for Southend in Charlotte. Great People Watching and Up Tempo Atmosphere With The DJ Spun Tunes. Go Check It Out. I Am Again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; poor serviceTBoneVIPDined on 11/3/2014Several buddies like to gather at Nikko's to catch up, drink, and have very good sushi. We sat at the bar this time and almost had to beg the bartender to wait on us. She didn't seem to know the menu and wasn't particularly friendly. Our service is usually betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than BestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014It was just the best!!!!!!!!!! Our first time visiting this restaurant but will return for sure.Special Features:
- Awesome timeDriftguyDined on 9/27/2014Great place and great time celebrating the girlfriend birthday..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Vibejmania73Dined on 9/19/2014Just a great place for a fun dinner with friends. The food is great, and the lights, music, ambiance, etc all combine into a great dining experience. We will certainly go back for more. Note that we had 7 of us at dinner and had no problems at all with seating or service. Nicely done.Special Features:
- It was marginalsimpleguyDined on 9/13/2014We booked a party of 12 and we were greeted by the owner, she was very nice and full of energy, next we were then taken to our table, the servers were nice and did get all of our orders correct, we did get our drinks and meals in a timely manner. The downside of this experience was the food, for the cost the food, the food was just ok, nothing spectacular, and for a big party it would have been nice to sit in more of a oval table and the music was very loud. Upside to my review, great service. Downside, the food didn't justify the price, but maybe your paying for the atmosphere. . Just my .02
- Fun and fantasticBerefriendsDined on 9/12/2014Great fun and excellent sushi !! Owner was fabulousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great SushiwanguruDined on 9/6/2014Really enjoyed the Yellowtail w/ Jalapeno appetizer. They were out of the Kanpachi (Amberjack) by the time we ordered, or else that would likely have been the favorite. As for rolls, the Volcano was delicious as well as the Crunchy Tuna.Special Features:
- absolutely amazingRoyaltyDined on 9/6/2014The atmosphere was so relaxing. Nice, clean, romantic environment. The waiter didn't miss a beat and I love when waiters are on point. Always checking on us making sure everything was great. I felt welcomed. I'll definitely be going back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun FunFunDiningDined on 9/5/2014Nikkos is ideal for a night out with the ladies or fun night for couples. The music coupled with the great suishi and service makes for a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWFUL lunch serviceBlackandWhiteReviewsVIPDined on 8/19/2014I went for lunch, and the place was 75% empty. When I ordered a diet coke, they said they were out of diet coke, which I found to be one of the most incredulous things I have been told by a restaurant with a full bar. Our food did not come out at the same time, and the edamame we ordered as an appetizer tasted as though it was last nights. The sushi was so fishy, the salmon was slimy, and the eel sauce was thin and overly salted when compared to all other sushi restaurants in the Charlotte Dilworth/uptown area. Further, as we finished our lunch, we sat for over 5 minutes waiting for someone to pick up our check. The lunch in an empty restaurant took over 90 minutes, and I will certainly never go back.
- DeliciousBadgerdownsouthDined on 8/16/2014Another awesome time at Nikko's! The rolls were outstanding as usual service fantastic and the energy and vibe was electric. Only thing that could have been better is if Joanna the owner had been there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 213 reviews are from the Nikko Japanese Restaurant reviews archive.
- Excellent night outOracleDined on 7/27/2014Always a favorite. We know when we go we can expect great service, fantastic food and great atmosphere. We love it there! We go as often as we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014Sushi and salad dressing is the best! Music was great but too loud at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sexy atmosphereSabrinaclaudineDined on 7/19/2014The food is wonderful if sushi is your type of thing. This place has club type music and a swanky vibe going on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated and overpriced restaurantdisappointedDined on 7/18/2014Nikko is an overpriced restaurant for subpar food.The music was too loud. I had to yell to speak with the waiter. I couldn't enjoy a conversation with my husband at the dinner table due to the loud music.. The music was more for a club not a restaurant. The restaurant week menu is selected items served small portions. Best part of the night is when I left. I had high expectations for this place and it was a disappointment. First time and last time.
- Great service!GoodEatsDined on 7/18/2014Received great service but due to the prices I expected more from the food which was okay. Its a lot different from the other Japanese restaurants I've been to but I may consider going back to try their sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great girls nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Had a great night here with my girlfriends. We ate a lot of great sushi dishes and enjoyed the DJ's musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AllyVIPDined on 6/16/2014The food at Nikko was very good, I was just a little dissapointed that the rolls came with only 6 pieces, and not 8. I would assume a standard tuna roll would have come with 6. The menu does say 6 or 8 pieces, but I would help to be a bit more specific. I would have ordered something else if I had known.Special Features:
- nikkoKCDCDined on 5/18/2014Love this place but missed being greeted by the handsome and very lovely owners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sushi in townPrbayVIPDined on 5/14/2014If you enjoy Sushi this is the place. Great quality, delicious, and great service. Can not missSpecial Features:
- Nikko RestaurantNomsDined on 5/10/2014I enjoyed the experience. The food came out quickly and the music was tasteful.Special Features:
- Consistently delicious!Nadine262Dined on 5/7/2014Every visit to Nikko is a good one. Fresh sushi in a fun atmosphere!Special Features:
- Overpriced, awful servicelocalcharlotteanDined on 4/26/2014I've been to Nikko's before, but won't be going back. The food is subpar and service was atrocious - literally every single time the server came to our table he got something wrong. I spoke to the manager after the 4th time and all he did was send the info to the owner who came over to take a picture of herself sitting at our table and then tried to dance with us. She was preoccupied the entire night, drinking and dancing in the middle of the restaurant. Despite the cold food, wrong drinks, wrong orders, tea refills (not free!) with no ice, and speaking to the manager and owner, nothing was done to rectify the situation. It's no wonder their business has slowed down. I am still appalled, and to think I chose to celebrate my birthday here.
- Nikko was "OK", Nothing SpecialLevernDined on 4/19/2014I don't really have much to say. For the amount of money I paid, I wasn't "wowed". I walked away feeling like "this is a nice spot and the food wasn't bad, but will I come back? No." The sushi and sashimi was pretty good. I would recommend sticking with that. I ordered the "braised for 14 hours" pork belly and it didn't make sense to me. First, it wasn't really that tender and it was presented as a small slab; impossible to eat with ordinary chopsticks. I will say that the sea urchin was really good; freshest I've had in Charlotte so far. The spicy mussels and calamari were just OK. The only bright spot was the high quality sushi/sashimi. Aside from that, it was just ordinary and I doubt I'll be back considering the cost of the meal.Special Features:
- Overrated.SushiluvDined on 4/12/2014The nigiri is really good, the signature rolls leave MUCH to be desired. Don't bring your kids, seems more like an adults only type of place, even at 6p on a Saturday.Special Features:
- Great Sushi…Great Fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/11/2014I will hit this hot spot every time I'm in Charlotte! Great for people watching (on top of the fantastic food)Special Features:
- Fun and energetic place to eat!CTLDDined on 4/3/2014Nikki's is a great place to have some high-end sushi. A bit pricey but definitely worth it. I don't eat sushi anywhere else! Great place to take someone special on a date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2014Met a small group there, servers were friendly and they have a good variety of sushi to select from.Special Features:
- ExcellentMrsGDined on 3/25/2014My husband and I decided to have dinner at Nikko's for our 8 yr wedding anniversary. This was our first visit and everything was perfect. We ordered the OMG Roll, the Spicy Tuna Roll, Clear Soup, Korean Kalbi Style BBQ Beef Ribs, Shrimp-Scallops-Lobster, and Original Xangos Cheesecake for dessert. The menu advised that it came with Ginger Ice Cream, but the waitress brought Mango Ice Cream instead. My husband enjoyed the mango ice cream so much that I didn't complain about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energetic atmosphere, but too loud!CaramelDelightDined on 3/14/2014This place is great for groups, dancing and adult celebrations but if you are planning to have a conversation with your significant other, forget it because the music is too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but too noisyBarbDined on 3/8/2014Nikko's food and decor was great! The waitstaff are friendly. The martini was room temp - not that great despite the Bombay Sapphire gin. I'd stick to wine or beer. There was a DJ at 8:00pm and the music was very loud. It was difficult for my husband & I to talk. It's a young crowd, busy night spot but if you want a quiet dinner or conversation, it's a challenge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- paying for someones leasecommanderDined on 3/7/2014Sushi was standard for the price tag. I fully understand the need to pay your lease but please dont insult me. Plenty of places closer to me with a better atmosphere. The biggest gripe was the seating for a couple with reservations, affectionately referenced as "general population". This place was not that busy and we were seated right next to an empty table for 20. When the CIAA refuse left overs showed up in their stretched pink hummer, and fell into their seats I promptly requested my check. I normally provide 20%, this time it was 15%. This was generous in my opinion.
- Great spotCharlotteloverDined on 2/27/2014This is a wonderful spot to enjoy yourself it's upbeat and the scene is hott a must goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!SushiyumDined on 2/15/2014My friends and I had a blast dining at Nikko. We had so much fun with the dj Saturday night and the club-like atmosphere. We will definitely be going back to Nikko for a fun night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What I thoughtNikkoExp2013Dined on 2/15/2014My experience was good. However, my reservations was made for 8:30pm and we stood and waited to be seated for several minutes. The female who took my name walked away. I asked the gentleman who replaced her position why haven't we been seated? The response was I didn't know you were waiting. Unprofessional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendSweetTDined on 2/14/2014Great food, service and atmosphere if you like high energy. It is a favorite of mine in Charlotte and the sushi never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The table was covered in somethingDaveDined on 2/14/2014The table was covered in something very sticky and glasses, napkins and even our clothing stuck to the table as soon as we sat down. It was 8 mins before we were offered a drink, and 12 mins before it arrived, that's 20 mins at the table before we even had a drink. The entre and sushi also took quite a while, and after approximately 20 minutes the server asked if we wanted our entre now, as the sushi would take another 10 minutes. The food temperature of the entre was lukewarm, so it was evident that it had been left to sit while waiting on the sushi for more than a few minutes. But, at 8pm, about the time our food arrived (seated at 7pm) a DJ started playing extremely loud techno, dance, and hip hop music.Special Features:
- First time customer at NikkoMrSwissDined on 2/14/2014The atmosphere is very classy and sophisticated. The food is cooked to perfection. The sushi was probably the freshest I've ever had. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time and great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014My wife and I are always pleased with the food at this location. Time after time my wife starts that "this is the best sushi" she has ever had. The setting is both very romantic, and vibrant. Perfect for a special occasion or simply a night out. Not to mention you are only minutes from the heart of downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.