Malibu, CA 90265Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nikitamalibu.com/
- Phone: 3104563274x
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday-Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 12pm-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Massimiliano Blasone
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Nikita Malibu
Whether your plans are for an intimate dinner for two, a celebration for twenty, or a gala for 150 of your closest friends, Nikita is sure to impress. Perched on the pristine sea-side, Nikita is the ideal experience in beach elegance and refined taste. Nikita’s design is an expansive two story exquisite setting on Carbon Beach in Malibu, one of the most sought after coastlines in the U.S. Nikita boasts an ocean front view, rich teak wood, cozy fireplaces and floor to ceiling glass that allows for an alfresco flow to the sea; as if you are walking out onto your own private yacht. Cuisine by Italian Chef Salvatore Sodano, paired with a wine cellar of over 500 selections curated by Renée-Nicole Kubin formally of Gary Danko and Charlie Trotter’s, Nikita offers an exclusive synergy of food and wine in a uniquely refined capacity.With the most gorgeous setting this side of St. Tropez, Nikita is a must visit along PCH.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Nikita Malibu - Best Restaurants in Malibu ›
Nikita Malibu reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (128)great for outdoor dining (119)romantic (95)special occasion (75)hot spot (45)notable wine list (42)fit for foodies (39)good for groups (34)great for lunch (33)vibrant bar scene (31)great for brunch (22)late-night find (20)neighborhood gem (20)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- FANTASTIC SETTING!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014NOBU MALIBU WAS RELOCATED FORM ITS ORIGINAL LOCATION IN A STRIP MALL TO AN UNBELIEVABLE SETTING ON THE BEACH IN MALIBU. DEFINITELY WORTH IT. THE FOOD IS SUPERB AS ALWAYS, WITH A FEW UNIQUE "ONLY IN MALIBU" OFFERINGS...ESPECIALLY THE CHOCOLATE SPRING ROLLS FOR DESERT. A MUST.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- occdococcdocVIPDined on 9/14/2014Food improving service a little helter skelter on a busy sunday night but a great place to goSpecial Features:
- Terrible Service from HostessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014When making our reservation & confirmation of reservation I requested the outdoor table. When we arrived, there was no mention of an outdoor table and we were placed inside. I understand if all the outdoor tables are taken. I asked if we can sit outside. For a party of 2, they sat us at a table of 4. Next to our table there was an empty table of four on the patio. I asked if we could have that one. She said no, someone had requested that table...We sat at the bar and she was going to so a table check. 40 mins later we had no update at all on the table situation. I went over to her after 40 mins and she said she would do a table check...a little late?! Turned out we sat in out original spot after waiting 40 minutes. Completely disrespected.Special Features:
- Beyond disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Stunning setting. Decent but boring menu. Took an hour and 45 min just for 1 green salad to arrive; other appetizers came another 40 min after that. Dishes were small, and waiters couldn't answer questions about them. Gnocchi tasted like soggy Spaghettios. Maybe worth going to for drinks, but even those take at least a half an hour to come out. Needs new management and new chef.Special Features:
- Can't beat the view!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2014Lovely setting , food was nicely prepared and very tasty, cocktails excellent but the service felt unprofessional, disorganized, slow, and didn't match the quality/ price of this restaurant-- no pride of food or service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left a lasting impressionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014I actually went there 2 nights in a row because I couldn't get enough. I took my best friends there for their anniversary. My fiancée couldn't join us that night and it was our anniversary the same weekend. We went there the next night to celebrate. It was so amazingly romantic, intimate, and wonderful. The menu was different back when I went the first time and it seems as though they are still trying to test things out. Im not sure they have hit it quite yet as I wouldn't run back for the food alone but the service, ambience and view will be enough to keep you coming. The drinks are very lovely as well and it definitely a good split between a scene and a quiet spot. I LOVE THIS PLACE.Special Features:
- The FoodEmcorralDined on 9/5/2014My husband and I have been a few times to Nikita. We like the ambiance much better than Nobu. Saturday night we took friends to Nikita for dinner and the food was bland as it has been our previous times there. We keep going back in the hopes that we just keep ordering the wrong thing. So disappointed.Special Features:
- Good but ExpensiveDinerVIPDined on 8/31/2014Limited Menu. Good food but not as great as it should be. Recommend for special occasions.Special Features:
- Not sure how they hire staff...GlobetrotterVIPDined on 8/31/2014Based on incompetence and unfriendliness perhaps? No wonder they've had 4 management changes in a matter of 2 months. We had requested a specific table location and one was already empty when we arrived, they asked we wait while they set it up so we did for ten minutes and see in the mean time another party arrives and gets seated there. Then they tell us "oh you wanted that table? It's sunny there." After which they sit us on the other side at a table where there is no umbrella and even sunnier. Not a single apology from any of the 5 people standing & "overseeing" the checkin. There were numerous other annoyances which transpired from the moment we pulled into this establishment including awful food and plastic in the water glasses. Skip!Special Features:
- Wet but worth itKathleenVIPDined on 8/30/2014We had a table by the water and the waves were crazy. We got splashed, but we were warned and it was terrific. Food very good. View, amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RD90401RD90401VIPDined on 8/29/2014Great food, great sevice, great view, great experience!Special Features:
- good enoughDisappointedVIPDined on 8/28/2014hit or miss, burrata salad was great, the prosciutto was a bit dry, fillet was good, branzino was ok. Youre paying top dollars for the location, not the food. The restaurant itself was very nice and romantic with wonderful ocean front view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, amazing spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Just went here for our anniversary. I was a little concerned at first because the bar area was like a cold wind tunnel, but once seated the heaters did a great job. My wife actually took off her jacket during dinner. Service was better than many reviewers have said. There was on over-long wait between dessert and the check, but it beats the alternative. You must try the "off the menu" Carbonara ravioli if they are available. Too good for words. Overall the meal was great. Great pointers from the wait staff and sommelier was very helpful. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Most amazing place to eat ever!Luv2dineDined on 8/15/2014Had the best food ever in my entire life! what also made the place was the waiter, he has great personality, loved the place, all of it!!! will go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LiveLifeFullyDined on 8/15/2014Dining on a modern, sea-side deck, listening to the waves crash while enjoying a beautiful view makes any negatives seem petty by comparison. The atmosphere alone could wash away life's troubles and make you glad to be alive. Negatives are more in terms of management decisions; ie: Don't arrive so much as a minute before the scheduled opening hour or you will find the door locked against you and yourself out standing in the sun staring at your watch. PCH traffic being so uncertain you may arrive 5 or 10 minutes early, and while at other local restaurants you are cheerfully welcomed in and invited to have a seat while the staff finishes setting up, the staff at Nikita was not graciously welcoming of those arriving a minute early; alas.Special Features:
- Table with a vieweatsleepsurfDined on 8/14/2014Outstanding food with a backdrop of scenic Malibu Beach Break. Good choice for a date or with a small group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic placeVix22Dined on 8/14/2014On our 17 days in the US visiting 3 cities this was by far the best place we visited. The venue is fantastic; great design and amazing views with it being situated right on the beach. The food was amazing with decent sized portions. We even saw a few seals swimming just off shore! The service was excellent and we had really friendly, chatty servers who genuinely seemed interested in where we were from and what we were planning on doing during our holiday. We made a special trip out to Malibu to visit this place and I would not hesitate to do it again.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceMarissDined on 8/13/2014Beautiful view! Beautiful restaurant. Food was delicious. Romantic vibe. Amazing service. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horseloverDined on 8/10/2014been to Nakita three times amazing all the time. Beautiful view great to go with friends or coupleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food with spectacular viewGuidoHDined on 8/10/2014We had an outdoor lunch on Sunday at Nikita at the patio with great weather. The menue is shorter than for dinner but still sufficient choice. Also the choice is aligned with a lunch feeling, a bit lighter and smaller but still nice portions. Overall the food is greats overhear with the ocean view and really sitting next to the ocean, it gives a south France feeling. The only thing to mention was that the service could be improved, first we had to wait some time that menue was brought and at the end our waitress was gone without telling. Nothing seriously, but if this was perfect as well, I would give Nikita a 9.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceNorwayDined on 8/9/2014We had one of the very few tables in Southern California that wraps 4 selling-propositions into 1 product: - dinner by the pacific ocean, the fresh ocean air and a perfect view at the landmark Mailub Peer - great food and service - very comfortable table and seats - even for people 6.5 tall and more - cool bar with great cocktails and wines This is actually great - and if you spend $150-200 per head you'll have a blast:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovetoeatoutDined on 8/7/2014The ambience and setting is great and it stops there. The food was served cold and they seemed to be short on servers. After trying to get our waiters attention, we finally ask another waiter to bring our check. The bus boys were fantastic, perhaps the waiters should learn from them. If it wasn't for the ambience, this restaurant would just be average. There also seemed to be no one in charge to make sure dinners were having a pleasant dinning experience. I guess when the owners have so much money they seem to care less or cater to select patrons. If we never go back, it will be to soon.Special Features:
- Pretty restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Beautiful scenery and ambience. I ordered sea bass and it was very underwhelming. The waitress definitely did not advise or guide me well when I ordered. She said Branzino was much thinner than sea bass and I told her I did not like thin fish I wanted a thick piece and when the dishes came out both fish were very similar but the Branzino dish was MUCH better. Sea bass came with a bad tasting turnip mousse that did not compliment the dish in any way. Risotto was excellent. Nobu looks way better. It took a very long time for the waitress to take our order we were starving and she never offered to get me a 2nd drink I eventually had to ask another waiter passing by if I could order another drink. Best part was scenery. Staff polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jjj8VIPDined on 8/3/2014We had a terrific, fresh and well presented lunch and enjoyed a beautiful day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CindyAADined on 8/3/2014Nikita Malibu is a terrific restaurant, much better than Snobu next door. The service is impeccable, food is fabulous and cloudy or sunny, the view can't be beat. This was our third time there, and excellent dining experience is underscored by repeat performances.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014My wife and myself went to have lunch at this restaurant. The place is amazing, very nice terrace, bar area and indoor dining area. The menu for lunch is a little reduced and the food wasn't spectacular. But the place is worth it and the service is great.Special Features:
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014I wasn't wowed by the food. The menu is just not that great (nor is it bad) and the portions are soooo small. Expensive isn't the problem- I don't mind paying for great food and an appropriate portion. I ordered the scallops for my entree- it came with 3 scallops for around $30.00. Are you serious? Any normal sized human is going to need more than that. I don't really want to eat somewhere where I have to order a too small appetizer and then a too small pasta so the too small entree will be enough food. Come on Nikita, with Nobu kiling it right next door, you need to bring it! Strangely the cocktails were not overpriced. We were there on a Saturday night and it was half empty. Not a good sign. Beautiful spot, wish the food was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014The hostess was extremely rude.. Her name was sara
- AmazingDubaiVIPDined on 7/31/2014Great spot for dinner with amazing view of the Pacific Ocean with fantastic food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Dined with group of 7 people and found hair in food twice during the course of our meal. One in a main dish and one in a dessert.Special Features:
- BurakbbbyyyDined on 7/27/2014The food was delicious, our waiter Michael was very cool and the view was awesome, so it was a great idea to invite my girlfriend to a romantic dinner out thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/26/2014We first tried Nikita when we were in Malibu visiting friends, but now... now we'll cross the Orange Curtain - and LA - just to satisfy the craving. This is what all restaurants should be: incredible ambiance, excellent service, memorable food, an interesting wine list and impeccable craft cocktails).Special Features:
- AverageLeoluxukVIPDined on 7/25/2014Distinctly Average menu... Lots of staff.. (Too many?) and not much ambience. Maybe it's better at night...Special Features:
- salty food by oceanaaronkDined on 7/23/2014Pretentious staff, Slow service, 4 dinners pasta was micro waved, Chicken, Risotto and scallops all over salted best to spend your money else where.Special Features:
- Not a Mediterranean restaurantCalifoodieDined on 7/20/2014My friends and I went there thinking we we going to have Mediterranean food and looking forward to it!!! There's nothing Mediterranean about this restaurant except they offer a few very overpriced dishes of fish. We were also charged for things that we did not order and the waiter had to take them off the menu. Will not be going back there.Special Features:
- niniDined on 7/20/2014nice resturant, the food is just ok, service is not that good! it took so long for them to get the order, we had constantly ask for the waiter to come to our table. it's a beautiful place, small portions, i want crazy for food, we went there on sunday at 6 pmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014The only good thing about this restaurant is that it has a wonderful view because it sits right on the shores of Malibu. The food, however is way toooooo expensive for the quality they serve. Ex: not great, very very petit, filet for $52.00. $26.00 for 6 slices of prosciutto? Overall, will not go there again. I can get a great view of the ocean somewhere else and not be taken.Special Features:
- Nikita for our BirthdaysNancyDined on 7/19/2014My friend and I were celebrating our birthdays, with our husbands on Saturday night. I made the reservation online, one month before the date, and then called the restaurant to tell them that it would be our Big birthday 70 yrs old. They called and emailed to remind me of the reservation and to verify that it was going to be our celebration. We had requested the patio, but when we arrived it was raining. They graciously found a table upstairs that was so perfect. We had this room to ourselves - with a fireplace burning and the gorgeous ocean view. The dinner was excellent and they gave us a sampling of deserts, with 2 candles, for our birthday. It was a very special night and the service and location was perfect.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014The only thing I would suggest would be to have a bigger portion on the ravioli! It was delicious and I wish I had more of it!!Special Features:
- Bri123Dined on 7/12/2014Food is just not great. it is pretty bland. But beautiful view. Just would never pay those prices for mediocre food again. Dont care how great the view is.Special Features: