Malibu, CA 90265Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nikitamalibu.com/
- Phone: (310) 456-3274
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday-Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 12pm-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Massimiliano Blasone
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Nikita Malibu
Whether your plans are for an intimate dinner for two, a celebration for twenty, or a gala for 150 of your closest friends, Nikita is sure to impress. Perched on the pristine sea-side, Nikita is the ideal experience in beach elegance and refined taste. Nikita’s design is an expansive two story exquisite setting on Carbon Beach in Malibu, one of the most sought after coastlines in the U.S. Nikita boasts an ocean front view, rich teak wood, cozy fireplaces and floor to ceiling glass that allows for an alfresco flow to the sea; as if you are walking out onto your own private yacht. Cuisine by Italian Chef Salvatore Sodano, paired with a wine cellar of over 500 selections curated by Renée-Nicole Kubin formally of Gary Danko and Charlie Trotter’s, Nikita offers an exclusive synergy of food and wine in a uniquely refined capacity.With the most gorgeous setting this side of St. Tropez, Nikita is a must visit along PCH.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Nikita Malibu - Best Restaurants in Malibu ›
Nikita Malibu reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (107)great for outdoor dining (105)romantic (86)special occasion (74)hot spot (42)fit for foodies (40)good for groups (34)great for lunch (27)notable wine list (25)neighborhood gem (24)vibrant bar scene (23)great for brunch (20)late-night find (17)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Amazing view and waitirOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014Amazing view and amazing waitor for my boyfriends 20th birthday party :)Special Features:
- jennDined on 11/19/2014This is a modern and relaxed place. Dining over the ocean in a beautiful location with excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome serviceGuest1Dined on 11/12/2014Great service and great food. Nice presentation. Renee Nicole and Morgan are knowledgeable and helpful with wines. Another special meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nikitaMaryDined on 11/2/2014it was a nice scenic place right on the ocean, great view and very classySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014This time around the food was very dry. Need to add more flavor and broth to pastas. One of the servicer didn't know what dish he was serving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- huge miss on foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014this is one of the great restaurant in Malibu with great ocean view seating. but a huge miss on their food. we had filet magnon which was completely dry and over sauced, making it salty.Special Features:
- Simply SublimeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/1/2014Dining al fresco with the ocean filling your senses, perfectly prepared and presented food, served by an extremely personable and competent waitstaff resulted in a most memorable experience while eatching the sunset. we ate on the couches w/ our own fire pit, could have stayed all night! Heavenly...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014All excellent. Staff steer me to a new and interesting gin and a dinner choice. Staff was actually engaged with customers not just processing them.Special Features:
- Zero Reason To Reserve A TablemalibududeDined on 10/25/2014they didn't hold our reservation and people infront of us just walked in without reservation and was seated 20 min before us...we waited ~40 min with a reservation...the place is really nice, but food is very average at bestSpecial Features:
- Super BeautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014We had the best time GREAT PLACE , the food was delicious , the ambience was magicalSpecial Features:
- So, soOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/25/2014Nothing was great at this restaurant. Would not return as there are many other Italian restaurants with better service and better food. Not going to write a long review here, but I am someone who knows many great restaurants throughout the city. This is not one of them. First, their servers are just not attentive. Took three hours for a meal with four people. Always waiting on something. Nothing more to be said here. Why not have a couple gluten free options as well plus some vegan options. Not saying they must cater to special needs but it takes no effort to have gluten free pasta on hand and a better selection of potatoes.
- All good except for the hostessEricDined on 10/25/2014The only negative was the mean spirited Rihanna wannabe hostess who was not accomodating our group and kept us awaiting longer than normal. Our server Blake was great however. The burrata appetizer was skimpy but the kale Caesar salad was delicious and bountiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UlianaDined on 10/25/2014The Nikita is great for its location. The food is not really convincing, but service is friendly and the wine & spirits director (Renée-Nicole Kubin is very professional. Will return for lunch, if outside-table can be confirmed.Special Features:
- Sunset dinner on the beachmellieDined on 10/19/2014My second time to Nikita for dinner and it's still one of my favorite spots. The food was good - not mind-blowing or particularly innovative but solid for food-conscious individuals. The setting, however, was beyond beautiful. We sat on the patio (advanced reservation with patio seats requested) and got there early to watch the sun set. Beautiful location, beautiful structure and the watching the waves roll in as you dine was gorgeous. There were plenty of heat lamps and blankets available for borrowing in case it gets chilly. Service was great without being oppressive and the crowds were fairly laid-back and not too noisy with a great music selection. Altogether a very pretty, chill, romantic place for a nice dinner.Special Features:
- nakita malibuJKReviewsVIPDined on 10/18/2014Beautiful architecture,directly at the edge of the Pacific Ocean. The food was good, not great, but the server didn't know anything about the menu. It felt like a bunch of kids were running the show and really didn't care.Special Features:
- This place is specialbusterbusterDined on 10/11/2014Although they removed the most amazing dish (a sea bass cannolo appetizer), the food is still fantastic and delicious. The fish main dishes are extraordinary, as is the burrata, kale salads and pasta. Gorgeous views, great atmosphereSpecial Features:
- SiberiaGoodeggs123VIPDined on 10/4/2014We were very much looking forward to our dinner here and were disappointed. We walked in and looked to our left and everyone was vibrant, lively and having a great time - that's where you want to be seated! But we were led off to our right and into "Siberia" - with people with little children, older folks, birthday parties. Even though we asked to be seated elsewhere, we were told that nothing else was available. The room had no ambience or felt like we were in a great place and we were not seated outside - which was where we had requested. We wondered if we were given such a bad table because we had reserved on Open Table. Our server was not great and our wine glasses were never refilled without asking. We were served the wrong oneSpecial Features:
- better selection for cocktailsLizzieDined on 10/4/2014Cocktail selection is not the best. The few ones on the menu are not very good. No Mojitos, No margaritas No martinisSpecial Features:
- DineYepthatsmeDined on 10/4/2014It was an okay experience. The view, set-up etc was GORG. But the food was blaind and not seasoned well.Special Features:
- Service is not consistentJH88Dined on 10/3/2014We had been to Nikita before with good experience and food was amazing. We went again with a group of four for a birthday dinner and from the hostess to the server it was a mess. I usually am not one to complain as I am very easy going. The hostess kept making weird comments under her breath and the server was bringing out our food in the wrong order. We got our entree before out starters and the couple we were with didn't even get their starter or entree until 35 min after us. So we sat with food for a long time before anyone else had anything in front of them which is just awkward. The guy serving our wine and the bus boy were the only people who knew what they were doing and polite.Special Features:
- Service not up to parPalisadesDinerVIPDined on 9/27/2014We decided to have our 27th anniversary celebration with our family at Nikita. The views are beautiful and the interior architecture lovely. However, the service was so slow, inattentive and careless is made the evening less than stellar. First, it took quite some time for our drink order to arrive. We had to ask for bread and water. Finally, our orders were taken. The food arrived fine but the scallops I had asked to be well done were still raw inside. Then, it was as if we didn't exist. No one checked to see how our meal was. No bread or water was refilled. And then after some time, a bill arrived. No one asked us about dessert nor brought us anything special for our anniversary. For a $350 dinner... this is just unacceptable.
- Nikita reviewNahla24Dined on 9/26/2014Love the vibrant scenery and the friendly staff is always a plus. Took my boyfriend here for his birthday dinner absolutely loved it :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ocean viewladygabriellaDined on 9/24/2014Just go for the view. Food was ok, we really thought it would be better though. We would so totally come back if not for the food then for a bottle of wine and drinks. That view should be experienced!Special Features:
- Great outdoor diningGdinerDined on 9/20/2014The location and ocean view were perfect. Lots of outdoor tables to take advantage of the location. The menu had a nice variety of dishes. Food was good not great. Portion of lasagne was a little small. Only downer was the attitude of the server. Seemed to be having a bad night. Also had to remind her to check on our drink and food orders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall great place.mashDined on 9/19/2014See above.excellent customer service and fabulous view. need more versatile menu and more modern dishes added to its menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great scenery.....rip off food.AwinrmVIPDined on 9/18/2014Knowing that this is a sister restaurant, it must be a step sister. The building is beautiful and setting us amazing, service was good, not great. It was downhill from there. Tiny martini....big price. Burrata salad, small with a little cheese and a few little tomatoes cut in half. Spaghetti with lobster.....average pasta, a few small pieces of lobster....$30..! Biggest insult, the cannoli for dessert. $16 for two little cannoli filled with a whipped cream type filling. Not ricotta or normal Italian filling. Bottom line....great view, average food....way overpriced. Go next door to Nobu for great food at same overall price.Special Features:
- Not worth a pennyFoodLoverDined on 9/17/2014The food was sub-par while being overpriced ($17 for a 1x3" sliver of chocolate mousse cake) and the service abysmal. I needed to ask 3x for water. The ahi starter was tasteless, lobster pasta cold and bland and everything the four of us tried was underwhelming. I will never return and stick with Nobu that is consistently excellent next door.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC SETTING!!!!ADER2Dined on 9/14/2014NOBU MALIBU WAS RELOCATED FORM ITS ORIGINAL LOCATION IN A STRIP MALL TO AN UNBELIEVABLE SETTING ON THE BEACH IN MALIBU. DEFINITELY WORTH IT. THE FOOD IS SUPERB AS ALWAYS, WITH A FEW UNIQUE "ONLY IN MALIBU" OFFERINGS...ESPECIALLY THE CHOCOLATE SPRING ROLLS FOR DESERT. A MUST.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- occdococcdocVIPDined on 9/14/2014Food improving service a little helter skelter on a busy sunday night but a great place to goSpecial Features:
- Terrible Service from HostessMeeaghan12Dined on 9/14/2014When making our reservation & confirmation of reservation I requested the outdoor table. When we arrived, there was no mention of an outdoor table and we were placed inside. I understand if all the outdoor tables are taken. I asked if we can sit outside. For a party of 2, they sat us at a table of 4. Next to our table there was an empty table of four on the patio. I asked if we could have that one. She said no, someone had requested that table...We sat at the bar and she was going to so a table check. 40 mins later we had no update at all on the table situation. I went over to her after 40 mins and she said she would do a table check...a little late?! Turned out we sat in out original spot after waiting 40 minutes. Completely disrespected.Special Features:
- Beyond disappointedVivelacuisineDined on 9/14/2014Stunning setting. Decent but boring menu. Took an hour and 45 min just for 1 green salad to arrive; other appetizers came another 40 min after that. Dishes were small, and waiters couldn't answer questions about them. Gnocchi tasted like soggy Spaghettios. Maybe worth going to for drinks, but even those take at least a half an hour to come out. Needs new management and new chef.Special Features:
- Can't beat the view!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2014Lovely setting , food was nicely prepared and very tasty, cocktails excellent but the service felt unprofessional, disorganized, slow, and didn't match the quality/ price of this restaurant-- no pride of food or service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left a lasting impressionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014I actually went there 2 nights in a row because I couldn't get enough. I took my best friends there for their anniversary. My fiancée couldn't join us that night and it was our anniversary the same weekend. We went there the next night to celebrate. It was so amazingly romantic, intimate, and wonderful. The menu was different back when I went the first time and it seems as though they are still trying to test things out. Im not sure they have hit it quite yet as I wouldn't run back for the food alone but the service, ambience and view will be enough to keep you coming. The drinks are very lovely as well and it definitely a good split between a scene and a quiet spot. I LOVE THIS PLACE.Special Features:
- The FoodEmcorralDined on 9/5/2014My husband and I have been a few times to Nikita. We like the ambiance much better than Nobu. Saturday night we took friends to Nikita for dinner and the food was bland as it has been our previous times there. We keep going back in the hopes that we just keep ordering the wrong thing. So disappointed.Special Features:
- Good but ExpensiveDinerVIPDined on 8/31/2014Limited Menu. Good food but not as great as it should be. Recommend for special occasions.Special Features:
- Not sure how they hire staff...GlobetrotterVIPDined on 8/31/2014Based on incompetence and unfriendliness perhaps? No wonder they've had 4 management changes in a matter of 2 months. We had requested a specific table location and one was already empty when we arrived, they asked we wait while they set it up so we did for ten minutes and see in the mean time another party arrives and gets seated there. Then they tell us "oh you wanted that table? It's sunny there." After which they sit us on the other side at a table where there is no umbrella and even sunnier. Not a single apology from any of the 5 people standing & "overseeing" the checkin. There were numerous other annoyances which transpired from the moment we pulled into this establishment including awful food and plastic in the water glasses. Skip!Special Features:
- Menu Not Worth Driving ForOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/30/2014We were late for the reservation and the hostess was very nice and accommodating about it. Not that there was a wait or anything. She told us to wait at the bar for a minute while she checked on our table. We sat at the bar and one bartender told another bartender behind him "two on deck" and the bartender behind him went "two what on what?" and the bartender said "Two CUSTOMERS" and they then squabbled right in front of us who would have to take our order. We got up and just waited by the host stand because it was extremely awkward. The food was fine, but my boyfriend said his tuna was lackluster. All in all, the view is beautiful, but the price/quality ratio and the service were just not worth the drive.Special Features:
- Wet but worth itKathleenVIPDined on 8/30/2014We had a table by the water and the waves were crazy. We got splashed, but we were warned and it was terrific. Food very good. View, amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RD90401RD90401VIPDined on 8/29/2014Great food, great sevice, great view, great experience!Special Features:
- good enoughDisappointedVIPDined on 8/28/2014hit or miss, burrata salad was great, the prosciutto was a bit dry, fillet was good, branzino was ok. Youre paying top dollars for the location, not the food. The restaurant itself was very nice and romantic with wonderful ocean front view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.