Malibu, CA 90265Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nikitamalibu.com/
- Phone: 3104563274x
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday-Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 12pm-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Massimiliano Blasone
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Nikita Malibu
Whether your plans are for an intimate dinner for two, a celebration for twenty, or a gala for 150 of your closest friends, Nikita is sure to impress. Perched on the pristine sea-side, Nikita is the ideal experience in beach elegance and refined taste. Nikita’s design is an expansive two story exquisite setting on Carbon Beach in Malibu, one of the most sought after coastlines in the U.S. Nikita boasts an ocean front view, rich teak wood, cozy fireplaces and floor to ceiling glass that allows for an alfresco flow to the sea; as if you are walking out onto your own private yacht. Cuisine by Italian Chef Salvatore Sodano, paired with a wine cellar of over 500 selections curated by Renée-Nicole Kubin formally of Gary Danko and Charlie Trotter’s, Nikita offers an exclusive synergy of food and wine in a uniquely refined capacity.With the most gorgeous setting this side of St. Tropez, Nikita is a must visit along PCH.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Nikita Malibu - Best Restaurants in Malibu ›
Nikita Malibu reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (112)great for outdoor dining (104)romantic (86)special occasion (73)hot spot (41)fit for foodies (34)notable wine list (30)good for groups (29)great for lunch (28)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (20)neighborhood gem (20)great for brunch (16)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Sunset dinner on the beachOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014My second time to Nikita for dinner and it's still one of my favorite spots. The food was good - not mind-blowing or particularly innovative but solid for food-conscious individuals. The setting, however, was beyond beautiful. We sat on the patio (advanced reservation with patio seats requested) and got there early to watch the sun set. Beautiful location, beautiful structure and the watching the waves roll in as you dine was gorgeous. There were plenty of heat lamps and blankets available for borrowing in case it gets chilly. Service was great without being oppressive and the crowds were fairly laid-back and not too noisy with a great music selection. Altogether a very pretty, chill, romantic place for a nice dinner.Special Features:
- nakita malibuOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/18/2014Beautiful architecture,directly at the edge of the Pacific Ocean. The food was good, not great, but the server didn't know anything about the menu. It felt like a bunch of kids were running the show and really didn't care.Special Features:
- This place is specialbusterbusterDined on 10/11/2014Although they removed the most amazing dish (a sea bass cannolo appetizer), the food is still fantastic and delicious. The fish main dishes are extraordinary, as is the burrata, kale salads and pasta. Gorgeous views, great atmosphereSpecial Features:
- SiberiaGoodeggs123Dined on 10/4/2014We were very much looking forward to our dinner here and were disappointed. We walked in and looked to our left and everyone was vibrant, lively and having a great time - that's where you want to be seated! But we were led off to our right and into "Siberia" - with people with little children, older folks, birthday parties. Even though we asked to be seated elsewhere, we were told that nothing else was available. The room had no ambience or felt like we were in a great place and we were not seated outside - which was where we had requested. We wondered if we were given such a bad table because we had reserved on Open Table. Our server was not great and our wine glasses were never refilled without asking. We were served the wrong oneSpecial Features:
- better selection for cocktailsLizzieDined on 10/4/2014Cocktail selection is not the best. The few ones on the menu are not very good. No Mojitos, No margaritas No martinisSpecial Features:
- DineYepthatsmeDined on 10/4/2014It was an okay experience. The view, set-up etc was GORG. But the food was blaind and not seasoned well.Special Features:
- Service is not consistentJH88Dined on 10/3/2014We had been to Nikita before with good experience and food was amazing. We went again with a group of four for a birthday dinner and from the hostess to the server it was a mess. I usually am not one to complain as I am very easy going. The hostess kept making weird comments under her breath and the server was bringing out our food in the wrong order. We got our entree before out starters and the couple we were with didn't even get their starter or entree until 35 min after us. So we sat with food for a long time before anyone else had anything in front of them which is just awkward. The guy serving our wine and the bus boy were the only people who knew what they were doing and polite.Special Features:
- Service not up to parPalisadesDinerVIPDined on 9/27/2014We decided to have our 27th anniversary celebration with our family at Nikita. The views are beautiful and the interior architecture lovely. However, the service was so slow, inattentive and careless is made the evening less than stellar. First, it took quite some time for our drink order to arrive. We had to ask for bread and water. Finally, our orders were taken. The food arrived fine but the scallops I had asked to be well done were still raw inside. Then, it was as if we didn't exist. No one checked to see how our meal was. No bread or water was refilled. And then after some time, a bill arrived. No one asked us about dessert nor brought us anything special for our anniversary. For a $350 dinner... this is just unacceptable.
- Nikita reviewNahla24Dined on 9/26/2014Love the vibrant scenery and the friendly staff is always a plus. Took my boyfriend here for his birthday dinner absolutely loved it :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ocean viewladygabriellaDined on 9/24/2014Just go for the view. Food was ok, we really thought it would be better though. We would so totally come back if not for the food then for a bottle of wine and drinks. That view should be experienced!Special Features:
- Great outdoor diningGdinerDined on 9/20/2014The location and ocean view were perfect. Lots of outdoor tables to take advantage of the location. The menu had a nice variety of dishes. Food was good not great. Portion of lasagne was a little small. Only downer was the attitude of the server. Seemed to be having a bad night. Also had to remind her to check on our drink and food orders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall great place.mashDined on 9/19/2014See above.excellent customer service and fabulous view. need more versatile menu and more modern dishes added to its menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great scenery.....rip off food.AwinrmVIPDined on 9/18/2014Knowing that this is a sister restaurant, it must be a step sister. The building is beautiful and setting us amazing, service was good, not great. It was downhill from there. Tiny martini....big price. Burrata salad, small with a little cheese and a few little tomatoes cut in half. Spaghetti with lobster.....average pasta, a few small pieces of lobster....$30..! Biggest insult, the cannoli for dessert. $16 for two little cannoli filled with a whipped cream type filling. Not ricotta or normal Italian filling. Bottom line....great view, average food....way overpriced. Go next door to Nobu for great food at same overall price.Special Features:
- Not worth a pennyFoodLoverDined on 9/17/2014The food was sub-par while being overpriced ($17 for a 1x3" sliver of chocolate mousse cake) and the service abysmal. I needed to ask 3x for water. The ahi starter was tasteless, lobster pasta cold and bland and everything the four of us tried was underwhelming. I will never return and stick with Nobu that is consistently excellent next door.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC SETTING!!!!ADER2Dined on 9/14/2014NOBU MALIBU WAS RELOCATED FORM ITS ORIGINAL LOCATION IN A STRIP MALL TO AN UNBELIEVABLE SETTING ON THE BEACH IN MALIBU. DEFINITELY WORTH IT. THE FOOD IS SUPERB AS ALWAYS, WITH A FEW UNIQUE "ONLY IN MALIBU" OFFERINGS...ESPECIALLY THE CHOCOLATE SPRING ROLLS FOR DESERT. A MUST.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- occdococcdocVIPDined on 9/14/2014Food improving service a little helter skelter on a busy sunday night but a great place to goSpecial Features:
- Terrible Service from HostessMeeaghan12Dined on 9/14/2014When making our reservation & confirmation of reservation I requested the outdoor table. When we arrived, there was no mention of an outdoor table and we were placed inside. I understand if all the outdoor tables are taken. I asked if we can sit outside. For a party of 2, they sat us at a table of 4. Next to our table there was an empty table of four on the patio. I asked if we could have that one. She said no, someone had requested that table...We sat at the bar and she was going to so a table check. 40 mins later we had no update at all on the table situation. I went over to her after 40 mins and she said she would do a table check...a little late?! Turned out we sat in out original spot after waiting 40 minutes. Completely disrespected.Special Features:
- Beyond disappointedVivelacuisineDined on 9/14/2014Stunning setting. Decent but boring menu. Took an hour and 45 min just for 1 green salad to arrive; other appetizers came another 40 min after that. Dishes were small, and waiters couldn't answer questions about them. Gnocchi tasted like soggy Spaghettios. Maybe worth going to for drinks, but even those take at least a half an hour to come out. Needs new management and new chef.Special Features:
- Can't beat the view!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2014Lovely setting , food was nicely prepared and very tasty, cocktails excellent but the service felt unprofessional, disorganized, slow, and didn't match the quality/ price of this restaurant-- no pride of food or service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left a lasting impressionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014I actually went there 2 nights in a row because I couldn't get enough. I took my best friends there for their anniversary. My fiancée couldn't join us that night and it was our anniversary the same weekend. We went there the next night to celebrate. It was so amazingly romantic, intimate, and wonderful. The menu was different back when I went the first time and it seems as though they are still trying to test things out. Im not sure they have hit it quite yet as I wouldn't run back for the food alone but the service, ambience and view will be enough to keep you coming. The drinks are very lovely as well and it definitely a good split between a scene and a quiet spot. I LOVE THIS PLACE.Special Features:
- The FoodEmcorralDined on 9/5/2014My husband and I have been a few times to Nikita. We like the ambiance much better than Nobu. Saturday night we took friends to Nikita for dinner and the food was bland as it has been our previous times there. We keep going back in the hopes that we just keep ordering the wrong thing. So disappointed.Special Features:
- Good but ExpensiveDinerVIPDined on 8/31/2014Limited Menu. Good food but not as great as it should be. Recommend for special occasions.Special Features:
- Not sure how they hire staff...GlobetrotterVIPDined on 8/31/2014Based on incompetence and unfriendliness perhaps? No wonder they've had 4 management changes in a matter of 2 months. We had requested a specific table location and one was already empty when we arrived, they asked we wait while they set it up so we did for ten minutes and see in the mean time another party arrives and gets seated there. Then they tell us "oh you wanted that table? It's sunny there." After which they sit us on the other side at a table where there is no umbrella and even sunnier. Not a single apology from any of the 5 people standing & "overseeing" the checkin. There were numerous other annoyances which transpired from the moment we pulled into this establishment including awful food and plastic in the water glasses. Skip!Special Features:
- Menu Not Worth Driving ForOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We were late for the reservation and the hostess was very nice and accommodating about it. Not that there was a wait or anything. She told us to wait at the bar for a minute while she checked on our table. We sat at the bar and one bartender told another bartender behind him "two on deck" and the bartender behind him went "two what on what?" and the bartender said "Two CUSTOMERS" and they then squabbled right in front of us who would have to take our order. We got up and just waited by the host stand because it was extremely awkward. The food was fine, but my boyfriend said his tuna was lackluster. All in all, the view is beautiful, but the price/quality ratio and the service were just not worth the drive.Special Features:
- Wet but worth itKathleenVIPDined on 8/30/2014We had a table by the water and the waves were crazy. We got splashed, but we were warned and it was terrific. Food very good. View, amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RD90401RD90401VIPDined on 8/29/2014Great food, great sevice, great view, great experience!Special Features:
- good enoughDisappointedVIPDined on 8/28/2014hit or miss, burrata salad was great, the prosciutto was a bit dry, fillet was good, branzino was ok. Youre paying top dollars for the location, not the food. The restaurant itself was very nice and romantic with wonderful ocean front view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014It can be a bit pretentious, but nevertheless, the view is amazing. It has the same view as Nobu. Nobu is my all time favorite, but Nikita is good too. I enjoyed the food here.
- Great food, amazing spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Just went here for our anniversary. I was a little concerned at first because the bar area was like a cold wind tunnel, but once seated the heaters did a great job. My wife actually took off her jacket during dinner. Service was better than many reviewers have said. There was on over-long wait between dessert and the check, but it beats the alternative. You must try the "off the menu" Carbonara ravioli if they are available. Too good for words. Overall the meal was great. Great pointers from the wait staff and sommelier was very helpful. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Most amazing place to eat ever!Luv2dineDined on 8/15/2014Had the best food ever in my entire life! what also made the place was the waiter, he has great personality, loved the place, all of it!!! will go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LiveLifeFullyDined on 8/15/2014Dining on a modern, sea-side deck, listening to the waves crash while enjoying a beautiful view makes any negatives seem petty by comparison. The atmosphere alone could wash away life's troubles and make you glad to be alive. Negatives are more in terms of management decisions; ie: Don't arrive so much as a minute before the scheduled opening hour or you will find the door locked against you and yourself out standing in the sun staring at your watch. PCH traffic being so uncertain you may arrive 5 or 10 minutes early, and while at other local restaurants you are cheerfully welcomed in and invited to have a seat while the staff finishes setting up, the staff at Nikita was not graciously welcoming of those arriving a minute early; alas.Special Features:
- Table with a vieweatsleepsurfDined on 8/14/2014Outstanding food with a backdrop of scenic Malibu Beach Break. Good choice for a date or with a small group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic placeVix22Dined on 8/14/2014On our 17 days in the US visiting 3 cities this was by far the best place we visited. The venue is fantastic; great design and amazing views with it being situated right on the beach. The food was amazing with decent sized portions. We even saw a few seals swimming just off shore! The service was excellent and we had really friendly, chatty servers who genuinely seemed interested in where we were from and what we were planning on doing during our holiday. We made a special trip out to Malibu to visit this place and I would not hesitate to do it again.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceMarissDined on 8/13/2014Beautiful view! Beautiful restaurant. Food was delicious. Romantic vibe. Amazing service. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horseloverDined on 8/10/2014been to Nakita three times amazing all the time. Beautiful view great to go with friends or coupleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food with spectacular viewGuidoHDined on 8/10/2014We had an outdoor lunch on Sunday at Nikita at the patio with great weather. The menue is shorter than for dinner but still sufficient choice. Also the choice is aligned with a lunch feeling, a bit lighter and smaller but still nice portions. Overall the food is greats overhear with the ocean view and really sitting next to the ocean, it gives a south France feeling. The only thing to mention was that the service could be improved, first we had to wait some time that menue was brought and at the end our waitress was gone without telling. Nothing seriously, but if this was perfect as well, I would give Nikita a 9.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceNorwayDined on 8/9/2014We had one of the very few tables in Southern California that wraps 4 selling-propositions into 1 product: - dinner by the pacific ocean, the fresh ocean air and a perfect view at the landmark Mailub Peer - great food and service - very comfortable table and seats - even for people 6.5 tall and more - cool bar with great cocktails and wines This is actually great - and if you spend $150-200 per head you'll have a blast:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovetoeatoutDined on 8/7/2014The ambience and setting is great and it stops there. The food was served cold and they seemed to be short on servers. After trying to get our waiters attention, we finally ask another waiter to bring our check. The bus boys were fantastic, perhaps the waiters should learn from them. If it wasn't for the ambience, this restaurant would just be average. There also seemed to be no one in charge to make sure dinners were having a pleasant dinning experience. I guess when the owners have so much money they seem to care less or cater to select patrons. If we never go back, it will be to soon.Special Features:
- Pretty restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Beautiful scenery and ambience. I ordered sea bass and it was very underwhelming. The waitress definitely did not advise or guide me well when I ordered. She said Branzino was much thinner than sea bass and I told her I did not like thin fish I wanted a thick piece and when the dishes came out both fish were very similar but the Branzino dish was MUCH better. Sea bass came with a bad tasting turnip mousse that did not compliment the dish in any way. Risotto was excellent. Nobu looks way better. It took a very long time for the waitress to take our order we were starving and she never offered to get me a 2nd drink I eventually had to ask another waiter passing by if I could order another drink. Best part was scenery. Staff polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jjj8VIPDined on 8/3/2014We had a terrific, fresh and well presented lunch and enjoyed a beautiful day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.