225 N. Cache
Jackson Hole, WY 83002Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nikaisushi.com/
- Phone: 3077346490
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Open Nightly 6:00pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian
- Executive Chef: Laura Inukai
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call about party platters to go.
- Private Party Facilities: Rent out Nikai to host your special event!
- Private Party Contact: Sean Wilson 3077346490
A word from Nikai Sushi
Jackson's favorite sushi bar offers the finest delicacies from both land & sea. Fresh seafood arrives daily from around the world and is artfully transformed into the ultimate sushi experience. Our open display grill offers innovative dishes influenced by Asian cuisine. A full service bar specializes in creative tropical cocktails and our extensive & award winning wine list & unique sake list are both sure to please. Join Jackson's discerning locals & guests alike for an exceptional dining experience in Nikai's contemporary, inviting dining room or at the sleek modern sushi bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Nikai Sushi - Best Restaurants in Jackson ›
Nikai Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (31)special occasion (19)hot spot (18)neighborhood gem (15)romantic (12)good for groups (11)notable wine list (8)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Best in Jackson HoleOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/16/2014This is our favourite retaurant and this time it was great as usual. The service is attentive but the sushi does take a little time, but when it comes, it is spectacular. Try any of the special rolls. They are unique and superlative with the ingredients and flavour combinations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it once was...RigbyfolkDined on 10/11/2014Menu on website not updated waited way too long for food,drinks,water refills 45 minutes for first sushi roll. Seemed like staff wasn't ready for 6:00 opening. All rolls tasted the same nothing like it use to be,very sad this was our favorite place but we'll be looking for another.Special Features:
- Sparky2ontheRocksDined on 10/9/2014We really enjoy the food and the people at Nikai. It's a great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jackson hole favoriteKcjonesDined on 10/8/2014This is the best "trendy" place in Jackson! The food is great and atmosphere feels "big city" - its a tad pricy but worth it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unicorn1unicorn1Dined on 10/2/2014We'd summarize the sushi as adequate. Eel sauce much too sweet, remainder first class fish marginally well handled. A roll we tried was awful. And all this at premium prices.Special Features:
- Very good sushiJHLocalVIPDined on 10/1/2014Excellent sushi for the middle of Wyoming! Fish is fresh. Service is excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- always gooddlk1947VIPDined on 9/22/2014We always eat at Nikai Sushi when we visit Jackson, WY. Consistent every time.Special Features:
- Wish it had been betterSteveVIPDined on 9/17/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants, but it didn't meet standards this night. The food was not as fresh tasting or as well prepared as typical. But the service was worse. The waiter neglected us for much of the night, and the food came out much more slowly than it should've for what appeared to be a pretty slow night. We'll be back, but not right away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi at over a mile highjhsushi1Dined on 9/16/2014Jackson Hole is is about as far as you can get from the Ocean but you would not guess that from the great food you eat at the Nikai. This is one of the best sushi I have had any where.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodMacchoDined on 9/16/2014You can always count on fresh consistent food never been disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must for every Jackson tripFishEverywhereDined on 9/9/2014We go to Nikai at least once every trip. The servers are always prompt and friendly. The offerings are varied. Nothing we have had has disappointed. Most is excellent or outstanding. The Saki flight is excellent.Special Features:
- Fantastic sushi!Tab1977Dined on 9/5/2014This was our second time to Nikai the food is fantastic and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Jackson!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014When we visit Jackson, Nikai Sushi is at the top of our list of restaurants to eat at during our stay and it never disappoints! The food is excellent, always top quality and very reasonable priced. Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/1/2014Nikai always delivers. I have been to Nikai at least four times over four years and it seems to get better everytime, hard to do for a restaurant. Whenever I am in Jackson, it is the top restaurant to revisit on my list. The Sushi is creative with great flavor combinations. The specialty cocktails, beer and wine list is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FishloverVIPDined on 8/30/2014Outstanding restaurant! The food was fresh and excellent. The service was very attentive. I will definitely come back!Special Features:
- Very pretentiousnancypieDined on 8/25/2014This place was ridiculously pretentious. I understand that food comes out at different times from the grill than the sushi bar, but some people in our party ordered sashimi and one ordered sushi rolls. The sushi did not come out until about 20 minutes after the sashimi, and the waiter snootily explained that sushi is traditionally served after sashimi. I think the time to explain that was when we ordered, not after one person was waiting and waiting, so that we could have waived it. We eat sushi at least twice a month at home in NYC area, and that has never happened. So it may be a tradition somewhere, but it is not how food is traditionally served at any other sushi restaurant I have been to ever. Also, the food was only so-so.
- Best Sushi ANYWHERE.CathyInSVDined on 8/24/2014I've gotta say, Nikai is probably my favorite restaurant in Jackson. I've been many many times. I love everything I've tried. The sushi rolls are amazing. You will be hard pressed to find any better sushi anywhere in the country (and I look in every city I visit all over the country). Some of my favorite items on the menu (other than sushi) are the Kobe beef sliders, crispy rice soup, squid seaweed salad and the black cod. Many other great things but those are my "go to" items on the menu. They also make great cocktails and have a good selection of wines. It's a great place to bring a group. Nikai is a must if you are visiting Jackson (coming from a local).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in Jackson Hole!!!jpg1930VIPDined on 8/18/2014Food and service were great. Unique place with unique rolls and other food items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2014The sushi is always very fresh, the specials innovative and you cannot beat the Coconut Margherita! As a local, it is one of our favorites in JH.Special Features:
- Service rouletteJHFoodieDined on 8/14/2014Great reliable sushi at a favorite hip but still warm place. The service was super slow, but not the server's fault (he was great). Evidently they were short-staffed but seemed to book every table. Nevertheless, I still recommend Nikai.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food & even better serviceLettuceDined on 8/7/2014Be sure to request Cooper. He made the evening flawless!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in JacksonJulesDined on 7/23/2014Having lived in JH and visited many times since, I can sayit is hard to find a Restaurant where the food is actually good . And even harder to find the price fitting. This was best meal we have had in years in JH. Cute waiter made good recommendations. Black cod and spare ribs were fabulous! Tried three roll all really good too. Dinner was 2/3 the price of the Local and sooo much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok at best.CoolgiDined on 7/22/2014Nothing to write home about. Had higher expectations. Just ok.
- OopsDininerDined on 7/22/2014I ordered the vegetable/shrimp tempera for my main course while my husband ordered ribs. The ribs came and 30 minutes later, I asked the waiter to check on my meal. Ten minutes later I got them. The waiter apologized and "comped" the tempura. I don't know what the glitch was, but eating separately took the enjoyment out of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tip for OwnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014I sat on the bar side and had reservations. I saw the hostess turn away table after table or tell couples that the empty tables were reserved, but they could sit at the bar. If I were the owner I would either train the hostess better or fire her. The entire restaurant suffers if the tables aren't filled. No less than 6 tables were empty the entire 2 hrs + that we were there. If a party does not show up at the schedules reservation within a few minutes that table can and should be sold. There didn't seem to be enough serving staff. It took over 15 minutes for a cup of coffee and in that time we decided not to order dessert even though we had intended to.Special Features:
- Non-sushi menu surpsingly...meh.JacksonFoodieDined on 7/15/2014I LOVE japanese food, just not sushi (I know, I know). LOVE hibachi, LOVE stir fry, LOVE tempura, etc. Nikai's non-sushi menu items were fairly lacking. Prices were great, but portions matched the prices (small). I would warn any non-sushi person joining sushi lovers here for dinner that they're going to leave hungry and underwhelmed.Special Features:
- Only order from one kitchenUptownBrownDined on 7/10/2014I have dined at Nikai 4 times now. I like the ambiance and my parents go there occasionally and eat from the "cooked" menu. This summer I came with my family and we ate from the "raw/sushi" menu. For the second time in a row, after the appetizer, we end up having what feels like 2 separate dinning experiences since those who order from the "cooked" menu will eat and finish before the "raws" will get the majority of their food. My advice: everybody in your party should order from only ONE kitchen, not both. A group dining experience is difficult when half the people eat their food and the other half waits another 30-40 minutes for theirs. The waiter gets grief, but it's the kitchens' delivery that is not managed. Almost no coordination.
- So good had to go back!BandoffiveDined on 7/8/2014Don't miss this place if you're a sushi lover. We went back for a second night. Really fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMGSUNRDined on 6/28/2014Every thing we ordered was the absolute best. amazing sushi & salad.Special Features:
- The following 381 reviews are from the Nikai Sushi reviews archive.
- seating priorities?Lovejacksonhole101Dined on 6/18/2014We made reservations for nikia. Arrived at 8:00 pm. Our table was not ready, the hostest made us wait while they waited for people to leave. Meanwhile as we were waiting. 2 groups walked in and we're seated before us. Seems to me that we were unimportant. Walk in with out reservations were more important. Food was great. Busboy was more informed than waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Competitive with the best in LA/NYCspudgirlDined on 6/15/2014We are sushi aficionados. Heard from friends here that Nikai Sushi was very good. Recently moved here so thought we would give it a go after a bad experience at another sushi place in town. Wow. Completely delighted with the ambience. Lovely atmosphere with music at the right level for a romantic dinner. Wine list is excellent. We ordered a rose (which is hard to find a good one except for the best restaurants). Wine sommelier was helpful and knowledgable. The rolls were creative and extraordinary bursts of flavor. The fish was fresh. Service was perfect. a 10 all around.Special Features:
- MarcWesleyDined on 6/4/2014Great and fresh sushi with a very good wine list and great service loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food but, dont reserve onlineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014I got there completely on time and no booths were available, so my girlfriend and I had to sit next to the bar, talking over everyone else In the restraunt. So if you make reservations make sure you call first.Special Features:
- Exceeds Expectationssmad5Dined on 4/6/2014We went for my son's birthday dinner - sushi is his favorite. The sushi was beautifully presented, very fresh fish, delicious. The black cod, done carefully with crispy grilled asparagus - excellent. The grilled bok choy - perfectly done, slight garlic and salt and light pepper. Crispy rice soup - gorgeous & colorful fresh, crisp vegetables, ample bites of seafood. The flower of crispy rice - lucious with a bouquet of toasty tempura. The tall, cool jamaican beer refreshed our palates after each bite. The service was efficient, attentive, bright, friendly and professional. We shared everything and went away happy and satisfied. The overall experience was excellent. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, very bad serviceKcjonesDined on 4/3/2014We love Nakai in Jackson, the food is amazing but service this time was horrible. Waitress barely came around, took half food orders than 20 minutes later we had to flag down another waitress to put our other food in. Sushi comes out slow, we know that but it took 2+ hours from when we order to get all of our sushi, ordering drinks was a huge task! When you spend over $300 on a meal, you expect better. This place should have been wait staff and management to make sure if flows night. We own A place in Jackson and will be back but I doubt the friends we bought will ever be interested in going back. Disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderful!JHKateDined on 3/31/2014We had a great experience at Nikai recently. It is our "go-to" place for sushi when we want to have a nice night out. Excellent service, creative and delicious food and upscale but not pretentious setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi Rookie02zo6guyDined on 3/29/2014Having never tried sushi I agreed to dine at Nikai in Jackson, Wyoming because my wife had dined there in the past and loved it. Food was incredible, service was great, very glad I went. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice fine dining in JacksonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2014We had a lovely time at Nikai. The menu was diverse, the prices were reasonable for a nice restaurant. The sushi dishes were fresh. Our waiter was very accommodating. The ambiance was perfect for celebrating a special occasion (my husband's birthday) with a small group of close friends. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NikaiFoodieDined on 3/25/2014I've been visiting Nikai for years, I've had sushi all over the world, and Nikai is still my favorite. The speciality rolls are amazing you can't go wrong, the drinks are awesome, the service is attentive. I love visiting this local gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodjrheaDined on 3/22/2014Food service was delayed but once started, the food was outstanding. Preferred the way Nikai served the sashimi and sushi; not all at once but one plate at a time. Service was okay but impersonal. Waiter did not get full order right and was not as attentive as needed. Ambience is lacking. Could be a lovely experience except for a TV in a "fine dining" restaurant! and Host Station up stairs; should have been down stairs, turning away people before they crowded around the restaurant just to be turned away.Special Features: