12387 Cedar Ave
Cleveland Heights, OH 44106Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nighttowncleveland.com/
- Phone: 2167950550
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chris Stephens
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: All music reservations must be made by phone. No open table reservations can be made for music events online
A word from Nighttown
Named after the Dublin Red-Light District in James Joyce's Ulysses, Nighttown possesses the ambiance of Irish pubs and turn of the century New York bars. Leaded, etched, and stained glass, combined with a clutter of memorabilia from earlier eras decorate the four distinctly different dining rooms and three active bars. Be sure to see Stephen's Green, our outdoor dining area (fully-heated for year-round use) with a wall-size waterfall. Since opening day, February 5, 1965, the menu has been a model of consistency. Top quality Certified Angus Beef, milk -fed veal, and the freshest of fish and chicken are prepared with creative simplicity. Try our house specialty, The Dublin Lawyer. And Nighttown has the best jazz available - in fact, we're the only club in Ohio on Down Beat's list of The Best Jazz Clubs in the World.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Nighttown - Best Restaurants in Cleveland Heights ›
Nighttown reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)great for outdoor dining (37)good for groups (26)fit for foodies (23)special occasion (21)late-night find (21)romantic (17)vibrant bar scene (16)great for brunch (15)hot spot (15)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- Never disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/18/2014We've been going to NightTown for nearly 45 years, since we were students at CWRU. It's a lot bigger now, but the food, vibe and service is still top-notch. Very accommodating for large groups (our hold an alumni party here every five years). Open late, huge choice menu, cool music in the background, a great bar and rather low prices ... we'll be coming back, and back, and back every time we find ourselves in Cleveland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerVIPDined on 10/18/2014As always, we had a great meal. Many different rooms with different atmospheres gives the feel of different restaurants.Special Features:
- Great place before the theaterGreeniesDined on 10/15/2014Night town has a good early bird special menu It is a perfect spot to eat before the theater or orchestra concert. In nice weather the patios are greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DlovercoolDined on 10/11/2014This was definately an experience to remember. Although the food left me with much to desire the show was fantastic. The club needs to update because this is a good club and we'll worth itSpecial Features:
- Enjoy Nighttownluv2dineDined on 10/11/2014We each had a very delicious prime rib, done just right. We had a very nice waitress. She brought my full to the top martini to the table and yes she did spill some but I spilled even more than she did trying to get it to my lips - excellent. Overall we had a really nice experience just as we always have when we visit Nighttown. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Jazz in townMelleuVIPDined on 10/8/2014This is the best jazz restaurant in Cleveland. They also have great food. They have numerous different spaces within the restaurant that have different ambiances. I just love the place.Special Features:
- Would have been nice...netts19Dined on 9/27/2014to have known upon reservation, that there was a private party in the large dining room. My husband and I made this reservation for our anniversary. Upon arrival we learned that the large dining room was reserved for a private party. We were initially seated in the booth area off to the side but this felt casual, not special and the booths were extremely low to the floor and not comfortable. We asked to sit in the small dining room up front, which was fine. We sat alone in this room where is on the street and very bright. While we still completely enjoyed our food, had great service, we still felt it would have been nice to have known that the main dining room was not an option for our special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bonzai216VIPDined on 9/18/2014A staple in the local community, Nighttown is always a winner for a good meal, good service and atmosphere whether you're on your way to theatre, a concert or there for a show of its own. We had a very good meal and experience, per usual. However, I did receive an email immediately following our meal indicating my reservation had been canceled (hence no Open Table points). I immediately called the restaurant and voiced my concern. The person who answered the phone said he would let the manager know, but I could tell he was rushed and couldn't have cared less. I spoke with a manager the following day who, I think, contacted Open Table to correct the situation. While I never received a confirmation, I think correct points were added.Special Features:
- DisappointingEatUpDined on 9/17/2014So surprised to be giving Nighttown a poor review. Have visited numerous times before and always had a great meal. This time nothing was good. The smell of bleach from the bar area was almost overpowering, so that set the tone for the evening. I ordered a meal that I have had in the past, but this time the meat was a little tougher, and the greens seemed over-dressed. There were 2 dessert specials that evening and they were out of the most appealing (by 7:30 PM on a weeknight), and the chocolate bread pudding was a gelatinous blob with no redeeming features. I will certainly visit again, hopefully this was a one time lapse.Special Features:
- Night Town is the Right TownbfireDined on 9/13/2014Great food, charming interior - you'll feel like you've left Cleveland and entered a New York jazz club, minus the pretension. Delicious food. For a Fri-Sat evening meal, I recommend reserving a table for no later than 4:45. After 5:15 on a weekend, this place is hopping, even before any musical acts begin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family treatLuvthisplaceDined on 9/7/2014I was treated to Sunday dinner by family members in appreciation for something I had done. This was an enjoyable evening with very good food, drinks, and conversation. A friend had recommended the GRILL & GREENS plate and it did not disappoint. Others at the table had MUSSELS, the MASH dish (potatoes & sausage), and other selections. Everything was enjoyed by all. While looking to schedule this Sunday evening dinner, Nighttown was one of only a few restaurants in our area that had Sunday evening hours. I rate this evening dinner VERY GOOD!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencebonappDined on 9/6/2014Dinner before 5jBarrow band: both marvelous! Loved the setup of tables/ Reminded me of castle experience in Ireland. The only drawback was the noise level when trying to talk to friends at table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Nighttown offers some great classic options including bangers and mash, which I enjoyed during my previous visit. I found the food prepared and presented well, and the portions were sizable. My group also order the calamari appetizer and I found the honey wasabi sauce a delicous addition.Special Features:
- JgNgVIPDined on 9/3/2014Been a Nighttown fan almost for 30+ years. Have enjoyed it every time. A very comfortable place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014My wife and I visited Nighttown on 8/23/14. Upon arrival, we were seated right away in the dining area just past the bar. At first, our waitress forgot to bring a wine list, but once we asked she quickly brought one out. A friend suggested I get the clam chowder to start, so I did. I was not disappointed, it was excellent. My wife even liked it, and she's not a big fan of chowder. We ordered the caprese chicken and smoked salmon burger, and both were delicious. I can say the burger paired well with an Ironside Pale Ale from Portside Distillery. For dessert we shared an apple tart a la mode, again excellent. We would definitely return to Nighttown and I've already encouraged others to visit as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real Irish Pub with great FoodmmcdVIPDined on 8/16/2014This is a true pub. Informal atmosphere and straightforward menu with very good food and excellent value for the money. Clearly run by people who know what is important and get it right.Special Features:
- Dinner for 4live2eatDined on 8/16/2014Food and ambiance was as expected, very good. Our waitress was very good but they appeared to be understaffed that night and she was run ragged. We would go back but it took a little off the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwayslovefoodDined on 8/15/2014I love Nighttown. My favorite is the Dublin Lawyer and it was wonderful. The food here is always very good and the service was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Always a great place to take out of town guests to show them a great jazz venue and of course the fine good. So very dependable!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/10/2014Always busy for Sunday brunch, with good reason. Terrific array of choices on the menu for all diets and tastes. The egg white omelet with spinach was fresh and fluffy. The bangers and eggs were outstanding. Scrambled eggs should not be a tough order, but Nighttown gets them just right every time. Service was especially prompt this day, especially considering the busyness of the wait staff handling a large wedding shower, also on the patio. Whenever possible, request Stephen's Green patio dining. It is delightful way to spend a relaxing mid-day on a Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lmglgchardonDined on 8/8/2014The patio is a wonderful oasis - complete with a lovely water feature. Food and service - outstanding!Special Features:
- Glorified bar foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014Do not be fooled by the fancy names used to describe their food. It was expensive and awful. The calamari was the size of a penny and were overcooked and under flavored. The prime rib was boring and flavorless. The lobster roll tasted like old fish and canned. The salads were small and cost $6. The steak was the best thing on the table but unfortunately, there were so many things wrong with each and every part of this meal, that the steak could not balance the negative view of the experience. If you plan on spending $20 for food, I suggest you go to a real restaurant were the person cooking knows what is going on. UNDERWHELMED. LACKLUSTER. DISAPPOINTING...Special Features:
- No Hunger PangsDineDelightDined on 7/25/2014I have been going to Nighttown off and on for 35 years. In all the years I have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Service was slowLocalfooddinerDined on 7/21/2014Our group of 10 gathered and did get drink orders in a timely manner. However, it took 30 minutes after we were served drinks to place our food order( we were ready in 10). I asked another staff member if she could get the waiter at about 25 minutes, then after no appearance, had to get up and find the waiter to ask him to take our orders. After we got our orders our service was pretty good, regular drink filling and clearing. Seems like there was not enough staff on the patio or he just forgot to get our dinner order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nighttown - Great at 50!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Very enjoyable long-established Cleveland spot. Imaginative menu and great bar. Large club room with entertainment (ticketed events). Campy interiors and also a covered patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NighttownPalfdaddyDined on 7/19/2014Our food was delicious. The bar area is a bit outdated and it feels a little claustrophobic inside. We sat out on the patio which was nice. Waitresses attended to our needs and I didn't have to flag anyone down for more drinks or food. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NighttownOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/18/2014It was a nice evening, but very busy. We waited 20 mins to get seated, and our server only came back to check on us once. We had tickets for the show, but it was tight and cramped. I was more bothered by the so-so service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always love it!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014We showed up on a very very busy night surrounded by weddings ,, young folks smoking and enjoying life. and we had a lovely quiet table for two with an overworked waitress who did a perfect job, great service and with a smile. Oh, and btw, the food was delicious...Special Features:
- visit regularlycolobokDined on 7/8/2014good food and jazz over priced drinks, including cheap wines sold at triple the priceSpecial Features:
- Best restaurant everjoxer86VIPDined on 7/6/2014Love this place for its friendly staff awesome food and music and it's incredible three patios particularly the dog friendly pet patio that the owner gives free bacon to dogs onSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MUSTDLILYFETESDined on 7/6/2014Dined for supper on July 4 and it was delicious. Returned for Sunday Brunch and it was wonderful. The staff are a little rushed, but it was a holiday. They were all very kind and remembered me. This is a huge venue offerring food, music, spirits and conversation. Its both a neighborhood tavern, a jazz club, a rock concert and an elegant brunch al fresco. And so much more....don't be shy...just ask and the staff will let you know which space to go to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio atmosphereRae53Dined on 7/4/2014Dinner on the 4th of July was really nice until the singer came on the patio. It was intrusive. I come to Nighttown often to hear specific jazz artists, and then it is fine when you are inside. That being said, the food was very good. The Faroe Islands salmon was excellent, perfectly cooked with lobster bisque sauce, a winning combination for me. Friends had prime rib and the halibut and were very happy with their choices. If you love asparagus, I recommend the chilled asparagus salad (with lemon infused oil, red radish and marcona almonds). Friends raved about the wedge salad. I love the patio, but it I prefer to leave the music in the club section of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio is greatnancyVIPDined on 6/27/2014The open patio really makes dining a joy - too noisy on the enclosed patio. Thanks for the lovely additionSpecial Features:
- An Old FavoritestubabeVIPDined on 6/25/2014We have been going to Night Town for over 30 yrs and never tire of it. Old standbuys such as sauted trout, Dublin Lawyer Bangers and Mash are always there and delicious, beef is prepared as you like it and deserts are freshly made. New arrivals on; the menue keep things interesting. NT is truely a neighborhood institution.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 96 reviews are from the Nighttown reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/21/2014Place has so much potential, but let's down every timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible service, understaffedDinersaurDined on 6/21/2014Horrible service. Waiters being understaffed is one thing, but when they can't even come around to acknowledge you or thank you for your patience or indicate they'd be right with you then it becomes simply rude. Waited over 20+ mins for drinks. It wasn't until I proactively went to find our waiter to let him know we had been waiting for him to take our drink order that he finally came over. It was even worse to look around and see people w the same reactions and experience. Couple next to us got the wrong check and others were waiting to be acknowledged for their drinks as well. It's a shame bc the place has potential. It's got a lot of character and interesting seating areas especially by the brick wall waterfall. I hope they make changes.
- Great Food - Terrible ServiceTinaKVIPDined on 6/15/2014The food here is really great and unique, however every time we go, the service is unbelievably terrible. We were there for 2 hours just for brunch! It took 30 minutes just to get some bread to the table. We also brought our baby and I had to ask the waitress if they could possibly bring his grilled cheese a little faster after waiting 45 minutes (he was not happy). Their lobster specials however are delicious.Special Features:
- goldnmartinDined on 6/15/2014The food was great and our server was excellent. We had a 7 yr old with us, who we are trying to teach how to dine out - our server took time with her through all her changing wants!! Have been a fan of this place since the 70's --- keep the Jazz coming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NicePCamDined on 6/13/2014Very nice setting, food was delicious and concert w/Walter Beasley was awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/8/2014It is no accident that Nighttown has thrived for so long. While the menu has many standard favorites, they do things very well indeed. Our corned beef hash was among the best we have found. While the Louisiana salad is down-sized from what it used to be, it is still fresh and delicious. Stephen's Green is a lovely spot for a Sunday brunch. Service is sometimes brusque, but they accommodate your requests without a fuss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.